Type 4 heavy sucks...

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Quirky #41 Posted Oct 18 2015 - 07:54

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 20972 battles

View Posthyro010, on Sep 12 2015 - 17:58, said:

super slow, gun sucks, only thing good is frontal armor but everyone loads heat or premium rounds and gameover.  please god I don't think I can grind this tank for 257k of xp.

The Type 5 is not any better and players simply load prems and melt your face, and the commanders hatch that is a huge an easily hit target without prem rounds.  Type 4 and 5 suffer from the same critical issues.

sharlin648 #42 Posted Oct 18 2015 - 12:35

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 15078 battles
  • [KGS] KGS
Mildly scary moment, fired a HE 150 round from my O-Ho at a Type 4 and it did NO damage...never seen that before :s  And no I wasn't firing cHEAT.

josif90 #43 Posted Oct 25 2015 - 08:57

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 90243 battles
  • [-TIC-] -TIC-

Agree with the silly ammo rack nonsense. Ammo rack at 2/3 games and twice in one in five games. but the dimwits at WG have increased the prob of damage all over in the hope of selling more repair kits. ( I repair less now as if you are going to be damages three times in a match what is the point).

One really cool thing that shows how good the game programmers are at WG (as opposed to the marketing cretins). The 5.5"  gun is not a tank gun, it is a WW1 naval gun. And amazingly it feels like a naval gun to use. It is consistently accurate and consistently pens what it should. Tank guns are flimsy little toys intended to fight at 1mile. Naval guns are great chunks of steel for shooting at moving targets 10 miles away. And thats what the Gun 14 cm/50 3rd Year Type feels like.

unclehambone #44 Posted Oct 25 2015 - 21:11

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 51959 battles

View Postjosif90, on Oct 25 2015 - 01:57, said:

One really cool thing that shows how good the game programmers are at WG (as opposed to the marketing cretins). The 5.5"  gun is not a tank gun, it is a WW1 naval gun. And amazingly it feels like a naval gun to use. It is consistently accurate and consistently pens what it should. Tank guns are flimsy little toys intended to fight at 1mile. Naval guns are great chunks of steel for shooting at moving targets 10 miles away. And thats what the Gun 14 cm/50 3rd Year Type feels like.

Its nice to know that when I shoot, I'm hitting a destroyer 10 miles away while completely missing that IS-3 sitting in front of me.

MetalEatingMonster #45 Posted Oct 25 2015 - 21:54

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4660 battles

Would adding 25mm track links to the hull cheeks of the Type 4 & 5 increase survivability in any meaningful way?
The hull cheeks on the type 4 & 5 would be 230mm/235mm thick instead of 205mm/210mm.

illumiZoldyck #46 Posted Oct 28 2015 - 00:57

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5394 battles

sounds like a lot of players play type 4/5 to aggressively

these tanks play very similar to maus, so to succeed you gotta play defensive. think of it like playing a  mobile bunker

the gun has enough pen, the problem lies in the [edited]gun handling. i advice players to maximize gun handling

so get vents, stabilizer, BIA, snapshot and if you can afford it prem food.  if the emblem/inscription changes come through you'll be able to improve the gun handling even further. 

_NARAD_ #47 Posted Oct 30 2015 - 14:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33462 battles
I definately agree this tank fully upgraded is absolutely a piece of crap! Needs a speed buff ... ammo rack buff... and the gun bounces constantly even with firing premium rounds! 

illumiZoldyck #48 Posted Oct 31 2015 - 03:13

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5394 battles

View Postdarman80, on Oct 30 2015 - 14:24, said:

I definately agree this tank fully upgraded is absolutely a piece of crap! Needs a speed buff ... ammo rack buff... and the gun bounces constantly even with firing premium rounds! 

the penetration is not a problem, waffle has 275 ap pen and it can pen things fine. problem is the 0.4 accuracy and bad gun handling. meaning shots don't go near where they are suppose to.

Painbringer71 #49 Posted Nov 01 2015 - 14:34

Major

• Players
  • 53138 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
I am not even sure how war games can release such a pathetic underperformer for a t9 level.  All this thing has is a little armor in certain places which turns to auto penned by premium rounds.  The speed is so slow your role is dependent on spawn and fingers crossed for a town map.  The gun is so inaccurate at range that auto aim is your best course of action and good luck with hitting anything when you do.  Ammo racks are every game.... I have a three skill crew 2 have safe stowage and BIA.  I also have wet ammo rack equipped... but still ammo racks after ammo racks.   The worst thing about this tank is the reload 20 sec it is so out classed that words do not describe.  You are to be a spearhead your [edited]is in the front and a 20 sec reload on a shot?  Not to mention cross this with the ammo rack weakness you are looking at 40 secs by the end of a match.  I have played slow tanks and love them this is the worst tank and should be classified as useful as a AMX 40

sharlin648 #50 Posted Nov 01 2015 - 15:36

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 15078 battles
  • [KGS] KGS
I got mine a few days ago and tbh i'm deeply underwhelmed, its slooooow as sin and at this tier armour don't matter because everyone but me it seems spams gold.  As Pain said the ammo rack gets hit every other round and the gun is wildly inaccurate which is odd considering its a bloody destroyer's gun...

illumiZoldyck #51 Posted Nov 02 2015 - 03:09

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5394 battles

View PostPainbringer71, on Nov 01 2015 - 14:34, said:

I am not even sure how war games can release such a pathetic underperformer for a t9 level.  All this thing has is a little armor in certain places which turns to auto penned by premium rounds.  The speed is so slow your role is dependent on spawn and fingers crossed for a town map.  The gun is so inaccurate at range that auto aim is your best course of action and good luck with hitting anything when you do.  Ammo racks are every game.... I have a three skill crew 2 have safe stowage and BIA.  I also have wet ammo rack equipped... but still ammo racks after ammo racks.   The worst thing about this tank is the reload 20 sec it is so out classed that words do not describe.  You are to be a spearhead your [edited]is in the front and a 20 sec reload on a shot?  Not to mention cross this with the ammo rack weakness you are looking at 40 secs by the end of a match.  I have played slow tanks and love them this is the worst tank and should be classified as useful as a AMX 40

safe stowage doesn't stack

you only need it on loader, the other can have something else. 

don't angle too much since the shoulders have the ammo rack on them. 

stick in there with this line, it's under performing and will be buffed soon

Kelmech_Ra #52 Posted Nov 02 2015 - 04:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 42452 battles
This tank is pretty fun, I've found that basically not angling is your best bet, or angling very very slightly. The front can bounce shots. I've bounced 10.5k damage, including 5 e 100 heat rounds doing that. That may have been just a one time thing, as other times it bounces next to nothing the sizzle of heat rounds is your demise. The ammo rack is very annoying, and the gun does miss where its aimed a bit, but overall its still a fun tank. I wish the reload was about 15 seconds instead of 17ish though.

_NARAD_ #53 Posted Nov 09 2015 - 13:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33462 battles
 The type 4 is so outclassed by the E75 its pathetic!. Happy day for me I sold my Type 4 because it is a total waste of a garage slot!

Samurai_TwoSeven #54 Posted Nov 18 2015 - 00:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9097 battles

With at least 100 battles in most of the higher tier Japanese Heavy Tanks and since I have at least one mark on them, here are my opinions

The O-Ni is my favorite because I can still derp tanks in one shot reliably, most of the time.

The O-Ho is the most finicky of the family and while I can play it effectively, I just don't like it...even though penetrating the side of a Tiger II with a AP round from the derp gun was beyond satisfying.

The Type 4 is agonizingly slow. But the 140mm is very nice for putting one in tanks that stick their nose where it doesn't belong.

The Type 5 is probably my second favorite. Why? Because if I angle it right, even Jagpanzer E 100s have a hard time going through my armor with AP. But when the gold starts flying...yeah...different story. I still do 2000 - 5600 damage in this tank unless I start getting hit with gold off the bat, my driver or engine is knocked out, my gun, loaders, gunner, or ammo rack is knocked out. I say 5600 because that is the most damage I have ever done in this tank, but I'm trying to do better :)

Private_Public #55 Posted Nov 19 2015 - 23:06

Major

• Players
  • 38083 battles
  • [RDTT2] RDTT2

View PostillumiZoldyck, on Nov 01 2015 - 21:09, said:

safe stowage doesn't stack

you only need it on loader, the other can have something else. 

don't angle too much since the shoulders have the ammo rack on them. 

stick in there with this line, it's under performing and will be buffed soon

the only reason to have it on both loaders is in case the one that has it dies, you do not lose access to the skill suddenly.  

NewBoz #56 Posted Dec 09 2015 - 04:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 66642 battles

This line is pretty much the sole reason I'm now over a 52% win rate.  Until the Type 4...  Unplayable.  Simply unplayable.  I refuse to play it.  Its the speed, or lack thereof that's the killer.  It simply takes to long to get on station.  You pray for city maps, and then everyone fires premium rounds at you.

There's a reason you don't see a lot of Maus tanks on the field of battle and this is the tier 9 equivalent, with far less trollish armor and an absolutely wretched reload rate.

johnmadara #57 Posted Jan 08 2016 - 14:31

Major

• Players
  • 31504 battles

View PostillumiZoldyck, on Oct 31 2015 - 02:13, said:

the penetration is not a problem, waffle has 275 ap pen and it can pen things fine. problem is the 0.4 accuracy and bad gun handling. meaning shots don't go near where they are suppose to.

implying anyone in the waffle uses AP... the gold rounds is nearly 350 (if not more)

bnsfc__ #58 Posted Feb 07 2016 - 23:56

Private

• -Players-
  • 16458 battles
  • [SAL3M] SAL3M

View PostillumiZoldyck, on Oct 28 2015 - 00:57, said:

sounds like a lot of players play type 4/5 to aggressively

these tanks play very similar to maus, so to succeed you gotta play defensive. think of it like playing a  mobile bunker

the gun has enough pen, the problem lies in the [edited]gun handling. i advice players to maximize gun handling

so get vents, stabilizer, BIA, snapshot and if you can afford it prem food.  if the emblem/inscription changes come through you'll be able to improve the gun handling even further.

The difference is a maus played well can bounce most gold shells. With this tank you can not angle your armor (unless you can hide most of the tank behind something, and then you can shoot at anything) the frontal armor is flat, and everyone loads gold as soon as they see you, even tier 10s because they MIGHT bounce and they can't have that now can they? And while I have bounced shots off the top hatch it was only because they guy shooting at me hadn't loading his gold yet and he couldn't auto aim my hull.

joshww2legoguy #59 Posted Feb 08 2016 - 00:05

Major

• Players
  • 12530 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
The only keepers in the Jap heavy branch are the tier 5 and 6. With the tier 7 and up there armor has no use because everybody just starts spamming HEAT at you.

RHODIUM_GONE_ROGUE #60 Posted Feb 08 2016 - 03:50

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14028 battles

i play the type 4 a lot, and i block jp e100 and death star HEAT shots regularly just by moving around

i mean i don't rely on the armor to block every shot that comes at me, but i can do that way more often than most tanks i've played

i also get steel wall and 3k+ damage in a good majority of my games with it

i'm honestly not getting why people hate it so much

i mean you can't take turns at 60kmh and shoot 30 rounds per minute but i stopped expecting heavies to be ballerinas after tier 4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users