Type 4 heavy sucks...

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

ncpinz #61 Posted Feb 10 2016 - 01:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 44541 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
The Type 4 is not an easy tank to play but it is playable.  I only have a few battles so far (7) and I'm winning around 70%.  You can't trust the armor or sidescrape.  But if you can hull down, your turret it hard to pen if you keep your turret moving.  You are tall so you can hull down in places others can't.  We'll see how it goes.  Its slow but so are the Maus and T95.  You have to choose well when you push a flank, and you need to know when you are past the point of no return if base defense is at all a possibility.

ncpinz #62 Posted Feb 13 2016 - 13:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 44541 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

Update - Tier X battles it is hard to near impossible to carry.  Tier IX battles you can influence more but carrying the battle is still asking a lot of this tank.  The armor is decent only from straight on.  Occasionally you have a tier VIII bounce from the side or rear but they just haven't switched to premium rounds yet.

14 battles at 79% WR.  Still waiting for the other shoe to fall and the WR dropping like a rock.  I am only lacking the top gun.  The stock gun is ok but the pen is bad for premium rounds.  For equipment, rammer, vert stab and spall liner.

ncpinz #63 Posted Feb 24 2016 - 16:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 44541 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
Update:  40 battles and 52.5% WR.  My luck is gradually running out.  I have the big gun now.  While the reload is longer, it doesn't feel much different than the stock gun.  The stock round hits pretty hard and the 249 pen is workable on all but tier X heavies or TDs.  I still don't mind the tank.  Kind of tall like the previous ones.  It helps to have a medium with you to fend off folks from your flanks.

10point1 #64 Posted Apr 28 2016 - 02:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 54943 battles

The Type 4 suffers from a couple of ailments,,,121 matches with a 49% win rate

1) Out of 121 matches.....3 city battles...there must be a default in the map selection criteria. I get Sand River adnausium.

2) without arty, decent survival rate. With arty...you are their full time job and u usually get spotted leaving the cap....with 2 or 3 arty you are braketed and dead

3) On some maps u are forced to camp because with the slow speed you are dead. Everyone then piles on you and name calls

4) the gun is OK...you do have to aim awhile and pen is generally good. The 17 second loading is [edited]terrible. Gold is useless. HE is laughable

5) armor is really good, gun handling is poor, camo is a negative number and the speed is godawful....

Worst Tier 9 heavy in the game...bar none

FM_vonKleist #65 Posted Jun 09 2016 - 16:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7629 battles
One of the worst tanks I've ever had, gave up on Japanese tanks because of it, too slow, no pen. Not even close to being able to match up with the all powerful Russian tanks.....

Kackwurst #66 Posted Oct 28 2016 - 23:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 45987 battles
  • [_GD_] _GD_

Type 4 needs a considerable Buff related to its weak ammorack. In my eyes this HT is one of the worst Tier9 HTs bc of getting racked all the time. Gun is Ok, gun handling is also ok for a HT, speed is ok concerning that is has 2k HP for a Tier9 tank, but this utterly [edited]ammorock drives me crazy. This Tank cleary needs a better ammorack. Even with 2 repairkits i still get ammoracked up to 3 times a match bc. even [edited]Tier7s and 8 just shoot the cheeks. Thats just totally ridiculous. Even in a [edited]paper armored scout you dont get ammoracked that often. Its just laughable that WG designs a HT that's useless on most open terrain maps and then outfitting it with one of the worst ammoracks i have ever encountered in this game.

NO FUN DRIVING THIS POS TANK!

Ultrasonic2 #67 Posted Oct 31 2016 - 20:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15114 battles
  • [NZ] NZ

View PostKackwurst, on Oct 29 2016 - 10:25, said:

Type 4 needs a considerable Buff related to its weak ammorack. In my eyes this HT is one of the worst Tier9 HTs bc of getting racked all the time. Gun is Ok, gun handling is also ok for a HT, speed is ok concerning that is has 2k HP for a Tier9 tank, but this utterly [edited]ammorock drives me crazy. This Tank cleary needs a better ammorack. Even with 2 repairkits i still get ammoracked up to 3 times a match bc. even [edited]Tier7s and 8 just shoot the cheeks. Thats just totally ridiculous. Even in a [edited]paper armored scout you dont get ammoracked that often. Its just laughable that WG designs a HT that's useless on most open terrain maps and then outfitting it with one of the worst ammoracks i have ever encountered in this game.

NO FUN DRIVING THIS POS TANK!

yes it is rubbish... it's getting a buff though right ?

https://ritastatusre...-heavy-changes/

xMechantx #68 Posted Nov 18 2016 - 21:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35480 battles
  • [BBICT] BBICT

I am approaching 300 different tanks played and I consider the Type 4 one of the top 5 worst tanks I have played.  

The very slow and lack of mobility makes it an art target on some maps because it simply can not even get into cover before it is shot.  The incredible poor side armor prevent it from playing like a maus.  The hatch on top again allows even a direct line approach makes it very tough to wiggle.  I have played a LOT of matches in KV-5 so I understand wiggle, but this tank needs help.

I have seen some positive suggestions in here, but I agree there is no real reason to play this tank today.  

Willy_W_Wonka #69 Posted Nov 19 2016 - 23:41

Major

• Players
  • 47528 battles
  • [_D_] _D_

View PostxMechantx, on Nov 18 2016 - 14:34, said:

I am approaching 300 different tanks played and I consider the Type 4 one of the top 5 worst tanks I have played.  

The very slow and lack of mobility makes it an art target on some maps because it simply can not even get into cover before it is shot.  The incredible poor side armor prevent it from playing like a maus.  The hatch on top again allows even a direct line approach makes it very tough to wiggle.  I have played a LOT of matches in KV-5 so I understand wiggle, but this tank needs help.

I have seen some positive suggestions in here, but I agree there is no real reason to play this tank today.  

Give it some time and it will improve, 54% with 1912 wn8 in it. Comes down to not being stock and be willing to burn some credits to make it work. One of the more fun battles that I had with it was killing two E100s and a Death star while clogging up a lane in Ruinberg.

Norseskald #70 Posted Nov 20 2016 - 14:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21467 battles
  • [SKALD] SKALD
https://www.youtube....Sj1sk1Kk&t=825s

BashirTheTrainMaster #71 Posted Nov 20 2016 - 23:08

Captain

• Players
  • 31075 battles

View PostNorseskald, on Nov 20 2016 - 08:51, said:

roccojoseoh #72 Posted Nov 26 2016 - 13:09

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostGunn_Fyter, on Sep 13 2015 - 17:41, said:

If you don't like it, don't play it. Problem solved. 

Different countries used different philosophies when designing their fighting vehicles and the Japanese lines fit the Japanese philosophy of how wars should be fought, the same as every other country. If the heavies aren't playing like the heavies from other countries then you have to adapt and stop playing them that way. 

A poor worker always blames his tools. 

i agree gun fyter I crush in this tank to each his own and the gun is great the tank is slow but there is an update to fix it that soon 

roccojoseoh #73 Posted Nov 26 2016 - 13:12

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostCold_War, on Sep 15 2015 - 23:36, said:

It is HORRIBLE. It won't hit/pen anything, the HE shells are super weak, it is slow, slow, slow, it gets penned by tier 7 scouts at distance, it is ALWAYS in a tier 10 battle, it gets ammo racked repeatedly, even with a wet ammo rack and the safe stowage perk. Just a complete failure for a tank. It is probably VERY insulting to the Japanese as well. As it presumes that the Japanese minds were stuck in World War 1 and unable to discern from the technology of the day that sloped armor was the way to go. 

i don't see your comments as correct the type 4 played correctly is powerhouse and the gun I hit everything for 600 dog or more 

WolfAttack_1 #74 Posted Nov 28 2016 - 07:46

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 43963 battles
  • [-RS-] -RS-

View PostGunn_Fyter, on Sep 13 2015 - 17:41, said:

If you don't like it, don't play it. Problem solved. 

Different countries used different philosophies when designing their fighting vehicles and the Japanese lines fit the Japanese philosophy of how wars should be fought, the same as every other country. If the heavies aren't playing like the heavies from other countries then you have to adapt and stop playing them that way. 

A poor worker always blames his tools. 

you really sound like a fan-girl or a WGing employee (AKA worthless).  The tank is [edited], like WGing employees and fan-girls of WGing.

Chaos_Craft999 #75 Posted Dec 10 2016 - 14:20

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View Posthyro010, on Sep 12 2015 - 18:58, said:

super slow, gun sucks, only thing good is frontal armor but everyone loads heat or premium rounds and gameover.  please god I don't think I can grind this tank for 257k of xp.

I'll be honest with you, it sucks in game. But it's historically powerful if you test it in real life. Based on my WOWS experience and naval warfare study, a caliber larger than type 4's has a fire rate of 5-6 rounds per minute(a gun with 15.5cm calliber).

There is nothing crap about it when the game is making a nerf for "too Overpowered" tanks, because they are actually good in reality.

do not forget that type 4 and 5 is just a prototype, they are given the same speed as other big tanks with 20-25km/h because it is the trial speed that are always given.

Katakis #76 Posted Dec 19 2016 - 17:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27546 battles

Great Armor but horrible ammo rack protection.

However, barely anyone shoots normal AP at you most go for prem rounds right from the start. and due to the lack of angled armor it now actually works against you.

Not really fun tank to play in general, but it could be Conway worse.

the_moidart #77 Posted Dec 27 2016 - 22:36

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30486 battles
I like my Type 4. Yes, it's less fun than the howitzer using O-Ho, but with turret angling and hull down its not *that* flimsy. And that large alpha high pen gun can deliver massive damage as long as you can draw out the engagement and mitigate damage. If they rush you, you're toast. But wherever the enemy is content to sit back and shoot it out with the Type 4, its your duel to lose.

Bayushi_Makoto #78 Posted Dec 27 2016 - 22:59

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 206 battles

View Postthe_moidart, on Dec 27 2016 - 22:36, said:

I like my Type 4. Yes, it's less fun than the howitzer using O-Ho, but with turret angling and hull down its not *that* flimsy. And that large alpha high pen gun can deliver massive damage as long as you can draw out the engagement and mitigate damage. If they rush you, you're toast. But wherever the enemy is content to sit back and shoot it out with the Type 4, its your duel to lose.

Or to put your words into a replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/3181378

Note how both the Maus and all three E5s managed to block less damage individually than the "oh, flat armour is useless" jap heavy, while still contributing in terms of damage, kills and spotting.

BashirTheTrainMaster #79 Posted Dec 28 2016 - 05:44

Captain

• Players
  • 31075 battles

View PostBayushi_Makoto, on Dec 27 2016 - 16:59, said:

Or to put your words into a replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/3181378

Note how both the Maus and all three E5s managed to block less damage individually than the "oh, flat armour is useless" jap heavy, while still contributing in terms of damage, kills and spotting.

Any bad tank can have a good game. And that one good game doesn't represent the overall scope of thousands of battles had by other players.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users