Stuck on Map Loading or Crash to Desktop from There

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Other People (13 members have cast votes)

Has this ever happened to you?

1. Yes (11 votes [78.57%])

Percentage of vote: 78.57%

2. No (1 vote [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. Yes, on Himmelsdorf (2 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Hide poll

PlutoKitty #1 Posted Jul 04 2011 - 01:51

Private

• Players
  • 256 battles
Suddenly, it started crashing to desktop on the map select screen.  I restarted the comp and app a few times; it persisted a while, then changed to just hanging there.  Sometimes I hear sounds from the game, and can see destroyed tanks (including eventually my own) go gray and drop to the bottom of the list.

Running Win7 (64) with a four-core Intel processor.

Oddly enough, I got a normal game in there, then it went back to hanging.

It seems to run into this problem mostly on Himmelsdorf for some reason.

It just hung again ... but at least this time it punted me back to the garage after the battle was done.

PlutoKitty #2 Posted Jul 04 2011 - 01:56

Private

• Players
  • 256 battles
Update: after it punted me back to the garage this last time, something weird was happening with the mouse; it would only let me move the cursor when I clicked it.  Somewhat difficult to explain; basically, I had to just keep clicking rapid-fire as I moved the mouse to get the cursor to move, in order to get to Exit Game and confirm.

Also: when it's hung on the map screen, it's basically nonresponsive to input, except that when I press either ESC or Return, a little silver pointed cursor triangle appears; I can move it around, and when I press ESC or Return again, it disappears.

del1000886538 #3 Posted Jul 04 2011 - 01:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 1125 battles
But only because I had the Druid icon mod,especially if going into training room/clan wars n then it would load ok after re-starting the game.But,I no longer have a problem with using the PogS Contour_3.2(BB modified) icon mod.It works great.:Smile_honoring:

edit-If,as on a web page,the game is not the working window,like if you clicked another program(example-calculator),you would have to close the calc.or minimize it,then click on the game window to make it the priority window.(like if you had more than one window,program,etc. open)Hope that helps.

PlutoKitty #4 Posted Jul 04 2011 - 02:05

Private

• Players
  • 256 battles

View PostWOTanker, on Jul 04 2011 - 01:58, said:

But only because I had the Druid icon mod,especially if going into training room/clan wars n then it would load ok after re-starting the game.But,I no longer have a problem with using the PogS Contour_3.2(BB modified) icon mod.It works great.:Smile_honoring:

edit-If,as on a web page,the game is not the working window,like if you clicked another program(example-calculator),you would have to close the calc.or minimize it,then click on the game window to make it the priority window.(like if you had more than one window,program,etc. open)Hope that helps.

I'm not using any icon mods, and it's definitely the main process.  I confirmed by alt-tabbing back and forth, then using Task Manager to switch to it directly.

And yeah, I think it's Himmelsdorf.  It KEEPS putting me back there, and it keeps crashing the exact same way.

Is there a way to check for a crash log or something?

Proxxis #5 Posted Jul 04 2011 - 21:11

Private

• Players
  • 1907 battles
Yeah I've had the exact same happen to me at least 5 times since the patch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users