• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

mpank #21 Posted Oct 05 2015 - 15:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17270 battles
  • [FATE] FATE

View Postdynamick007, on Oct 05 2015 - 08:01, said:

I know players who made a new account to move from EU to NA server because of the ping.

There are TONS of people from EU and Ru servers migrated to US server because ping is 3-5 times better (150 to 30). Too sad that WG does not want to move accounts. 

And once people create new account on the server where the actually can enjoy the game  (and research all the tankas again) meet bunch of losers complaining about rerolls and other sh**.

PS: People don't like rerolls,  just because they cannot do it ( reroll will have orange stats :) 

MapleOne #22 Posted Oct 05 2015 - 15:54

Major

• Players
  • 26603 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
I seriously don't see what the big deal is, at the end of the day, re-roll or not it's still the same guy at the controls. As long as he plays well, who the hell cares. 

Arashikumo #23 Posted Oct 05 2015 - 17:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12304 battles

It's simply multi-accounting in WoT. In the local dialect, it's called a re-roll.

The EULA prohibits multi-accounting but no one takes it seriously since it's almost impossible to enforce, not to mention it actually contributes positively to WG's bottom end (the re-grinding and re-purchases).

dunniteowl #24 Posted Oct 05 2015 - 20:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 30780 battles

Also, as you announce your Uber Noob-ness:

Unicum: A high level stats player (variant on the crappy spelling generation for unicorn with a dirty appellation attached)

Gold Rounds: A loom in your ammo resupply section will provide the answer here.  Some rounds are really expensive and are also purchasable with Gold, hence "gold" rounds.

o7: Salute.

Those were three that took me a few moments of introspection when I first started.  Other than that, the whole "reroll" thing is covered.

PlaidPony #25 Posted Oct 05 2015 - 20:25

Major

• Players
  • 9430 battles
Unicum is actually Latin for singularly unique. It's what Russian players called the top .1% in the first stat-tracking metric and it's stuck around ever since.

Trigger_Happy_Jax #26 Posted Oct 05 2015 - 21:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32269 battles
  • [STK-R] STK-R
Definition:  Re-roll.  The act of being "Rick-rolled" TWICE.

Jtrogers #27 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 22:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 18163 battles
  • [ND129] ND129

If you are in US. there is no way your ping to a European server is going to be faster.. believe me.

RingZero #28 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 23:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 21362 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

Some people use the term "reroll" as a form of insult but in reality it doesn't matter if you do or not. 

Arbritrary overall XVM rating is only material if you're trying to apply to a clan with certain requirements but outside of that it has no meaning whatsoever.

MightyBarbarian #29 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 23:42

Captain

• Players
  • 38175 battles
its when you create a dungeons & dragons characters and his stats are all below 12, you flush him and re-roll the dice again!

HazardDrake #30 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 00:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 9291 battles

View PostMapleOne, on Oct 05 2015 - 15:54, said:

I seriously don't see what the big deal is, at the end of the day, re-roll or not it's still the same guy at the controls. As long as he plays well, who the hell cares. 

It normally doesn't matter.

It's when rerolls use their stats to claim that their view is correct/they are better than another player that people are bothered. Since a rerolls stats are cooked, using them to claim superiority is rightfully seen as being

disingenuous and undermining their credibility.

RingZero #31 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 00:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 21362 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostHazardDrake, on Mar 02 2016 - 23:03, said:

It normally doesn't matter.

It's when rerolls use their stats to claim that their view is correct/they are better than another player that people are bothered. Since a rerolls stats are cooked, using them to claim superiority is rightfully seen as being

disingenuous and undermining their credibility.

Recent stats are more indicative of current game skill.  Overall stats is nice to keep track of how you're getting better over time.

Everyone should form their own opinion on the trustworthiness of any information provided up as "advice".

why_u_heff_to_be_mad #32 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 00:40

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3566 battles

My old account, dating from CBT, went "away" for reasons I cannot share.

I started this account because I got the itch again. The thing is I'm playing much more casually and usually non premium, and never tooned. That plus rust and my stats are actually a few hundred wn8 worse now than my old account.

I dont really care about that. But a lot of people with XVM seem too. At the start of matches I get reroll taunting, or often after I kill someone.

Not my choice but I had to turn off chat in randoms. 

I should say almost 100% of the taunts came from what are classified as red-yellows. For all the crap unicorns get about being arrogant, its the shitters dishing out the verbal abuse in game .

Edited by why_u_heff_to_be_mad, Mar 03 2016 - 00:42.

peter_s_price #33 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 01:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17498 battles
  • [PFJ] PFJ

View PostMichalOtto, on Oct 05 2015 - 13:16, said:

Wonder if WoT will ever enable us to transfer accounts between servers. I would love to be able to transfer to the EU server and see if the ping is any better.

As a Brit I have an account on the US and EU servers (I opened the EU 1 First).

The ping is significantly better on the EU server as you would expect, but the problem is its mainly non-english speakers - Hence I predominantely use my US Server account and spend No money at all on the EU one.

bdplaya #34 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 05:49

Captain

• Players
  • 17590 battles
  • [-3WW-] -3WW-

A reroll is basically a stat padder or a seal clubber.

ReguIarLogic #35 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 06:47

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4981 battles

View PostArashikumo, on Oct 05 2015 - 17:45, said:

The EULA prohibits multi-accounting but no one takes it seriously since it's almost impossible to enforce, not to mention it actually contributes positively to WG's bottom end (the re-grinding and re-purchases).

Wrong. Go re-read the EULA you flid.

A reroll is someone who asks wargaming to reset their account, not someone who makes a new account. A rerolled account will lose all tanks and crews, apart from premium and unique vehicles gained by paying gold or playing CW/Events.

why_u_heff_to_be_mad #36 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 15:13

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3566 battles

View PostArashikumo, on Oct 05 2015 - 17:45, said:

*reads EULA and TOS*

Couldn't find this section, but I'm also more of a skimmer, can you post this for me?

I saw a reference to only having one copy of the software, and a lot of language about Not sharing accounts. 

Edited by why_u_heff_to_be_mad, Mar 03 2016 - 15:22.

Guido1212 #37 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 17:01

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 81369 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostCCCP_GDR, on Oct 05 2015 - 12:16, said:

Re-rolls are not acceptable as WoT is life. Working hard and getting the vehicles you like is hard work and takes time.

How any one could forsake their precious account and start a new one just to look good stat wise is amazing as we all know stuff happens in battles we cannot control.

So in a sentence, Re-rolls are like the Bill of Rights. It looks great on paper, but it's not the real story and can be full of hot air!

Re rolls are like the bill of rights.  Alrighty.      Ignorance really is bliss.

mattwong #38 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 17:10

Major

• Players
  • 30470 battles

Signs of a re-roller:

1. His personal stats do not indicate any sort of "noob" period.  In other words, he has no tanks with awful stats.  It looks as if he dropped into this game with thorough knowledge of the game on the first day, which is exactly what happened.
  2. His username indicates some knowledge of the game, or repetition of common memes on the forums.  A username like "RussianBias" or "XVMSniped" is an indication of a re-roller.
  3. His playing history has holes in it.  For example, he has 600 games in the T29 but has never played the T1 Heavy or the M6 which lead up to it, which means that he free-XP'd past the more mediocre tanks to an unusually strong tank in the line.
  4. In-game, he calls other people "noobs" and "scrubs" even though he has less than 5k games played.

Lady_L_Darkfire #39 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 15:57

Private

• -Players-
  • 9626 battles
  • [CIA] CIA

I found this topic and after today, first time in my 3 years here, being called a re-roll myself, to add the kid had no manners. Hopefully the moderators will excuse it but I will copy and paste

....... 60 % is an average rerill so nice ball drop there
 ....... failed re-roll cu...  (cant finish the word, it will be edited anyways, but everyone can imagine what word it is)

Well .. sorry to say, getting this from someone who seems to be a re-roll himself, he cant even see a difference between a player with a Real Life and a true re-roll ... . I play this like 3 years, I started because of a friend, and hey, I play for fun, not stats, to let steam out if need is, to have fun with the friends in clan and out of it, those I got to know in the game ...  I started to try something new in gaming, yeah seen an AD for WOT  before, but the friend really made me try it ...

And lets be honest, there are still too many who cant even imagine a female playing this game, well heck I do play WOT, its not only for "boys", live with it.

So before you call someone a re-roll, consider that not everyone like some people here said must be a re-roll just because their stats are average, or just because they have under 9,000 battles fought, maybe they simply play for fun only once a while, maybe they are just average, because they dont need to be on top, coz they dont aim to go for some tournament and stuff like that.

P.S.1

No person has a right to start being an A-hole just because they think they ate all the worlds knowledge. If you do dont wonder you get a juicy response back to it.

P.S.2

Yes, I am not scared to admit that even after almost 9k battles and 3 years, I am still noob. And hey, I have only one tier 10 which I still didnt tried out. L M A O, but who really cares .. PLAY FOR FUN  really means PLAY FOR FUN

Peace 

Lady

Edited by Lady_L_Darkfire, Nov 18 2017 - 17:03.

QuicksilverJPR #40 Posted Nov 18 2017 - 18:00

Major

• Players
  • 27880 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View Postyewchung, on Oct 05 2015 - 06:04, said:

Re-rolls are players who creates new accounts and plays well enough that their stats looks different than to their original account.

Most rerolls normally have less than 9k battles and with unicum/superunicum stats.

Using specific tanks, as well...

Also tagged with Re-roll

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users