crew experience?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Vulcans_Hammer #1 Posted Jul 05 2011 - 01:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26964 battles
Good day everyone. I require some assistance and understanding on how to get my crew experience past 51 percent.
  The tutorial states that after every battle the crew will gain experience.
  I have had 12 battles and am still at 51 percent. I am a newbie with a M-1 (wheelbarrow and water cannon)
  I have gotten SLAUGHTERED every battle. This is a fantastic game and I would like to enjoy all of it.
  The forums are great and I will help out with answers to questione as I gain more experience.

Thankyou, From Calgary Alberta Canada EH

Rose_templar #2 Posted Jul 05 2011 - 01:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4595 battles
Experience is gained by a crew for damaging, detecting and destroying other tanks. So, if you keep getting destroyed like you say it'll just take a bit longer but you will get there eventually. It's just slow without the aforementioned things.

andyraptor #3 Posted Jul 06 2011 - 12:46

Major

• Players
  • 40056 battles
At Tier 1 the XP earned is low so the progress is slow I'm afraid. :( After just 12 battles you won't see much change at all. It's really a training ground, so just enjoy. :) Crew experience will become more important when you get to T5 and beyond. Use the search box and you'll find lots of info on it including detailed graphs of XP require etc etc etc

Have fun!!!  :)

brapster #4 Posted Jul 06 2011 - 13:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3778 battles
On this though, do people recommend spending the $ and upgrading your crew to 75% once you can afford it?

Assuming here I have no gold at all, ever... :(

Nakiami #5 Posted Jul 06 2011 - 13:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4613 battles

View Postbrapster, on Jul 06 2011 - 13:24, said:

On this though, do people recommend spending the $ and upgrading your crew to 75% once you can afford it?
Certainly.  I find I have the money at about tier 4-5.

GearaDoga #6 Posted Jul 06 2011 - 14:00

Major

• Players
  • 8517 battles
  • [WIH] WIH
Yeah, a 75% crew performs noticeably better than a 50% crew.  Once they get up in the 90 to 100% range, you'd think you're driving a different tank.  I do have gold handy, so I like to train a new commander straight to 100% right off the bat for the extra bonus.  

Once a crew hits 100% , the regular paid training will bring them right to 90% for the next tank (of the same class), so it's an even better investment once you've got a veteran crew to work with.

It doesn't really matter in tiers 1-3, since you'll likely just burn through one tank to get to the next tier and it goes quick, so you don't get much out of it before you've got to retrain them all over again.  At tier 4/5 or so, the tanks get bigger and more powerful and they require a LOT more play to research fully.  Then you'll be spending the time to build them up, and you'll really see a payoff.

Of course, if you plan to keep any of those early tanks (Marder II at Tier 3, for example), by all means, pay for the crew!

Just for an example, to go from the Tier 1 Leichte Traktor to the Tier 4 Panzer III takes 5500 XP, if you burn straight through.  Just to go from the Panzer III to the Panzer IV at tier 5?  15,500XP.  And it'll cost you 30,000XP to reach the VK3601 at Tier 6.

Remember, that's just the bare minimum required to pass through the tank.  The PzIV alone takes almost 32,000XP to unlock all its parts, not even counting the additional 87,000XP to unlock the next three tanks!

brian333 #7 Posted Jul 07 2011 - 00:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5764 battles
The MS-1 is an awesome little tank. As you can afford it, research the tech tree. As soon as you get all of the available tech researched for that tank you can 'accelerate crew training' to vastly improve your gameplay, and you can use the new modules to improve your tank as you have them researched.

If you intend to blow-through the low tiers, (something I recommend only for those who are gifted gamers,) then perhaps you should save your credits to improve your higher tier tanks instead. But go ahead and research the modules anyway, as many will be available for your next tier tank. Browse through your tech trees and you'll see what I mean.

However, if you intend to practice in the lower tiers, I recommend spending many matches in your Tier 1 tank where the repair bills are nill. You may not earn credits and exp as fast, but you'll be playing against your peers.

Rapid advancement just brings you under the guns of guys who have been playing since Closed Beta sooner, and they have indeed learned the lessons you'll need. And they will use them on you.

Good luck, and I can't wait to shoot you on the battlefield!

Zakume #8 Posted Jul 07 2011 - 07:13

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 31445 battles

View Post99VulcansHammers, on Jul 05 2011 - 01:46, said:

Good day everyone. I require some assistance and understanding on how to get my crew experience past 51 percent.
  The tutorial states that after every battle the crew will gain experience.
  I have had 12 battles and am still at 51 percent. I am a newbie with a M-1 (wheelbarrow and water cannon)
  I have gotten SLAUGHTERED every battle. This is a fantastic game and I would like to enjoy all of it.
  The forums are great and I will help out with answers to questione as I gain more experience.

Thankyou, From Calgary Alberta Canada EH

Takes at least 100 battles to get a crew to 100% from 50%, so you gotta play more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users