Changes to Emblems and Inscriptions in 10.0

• Please log in to reply
422 replies to this topic

gpc_4 #21 Posted Oct 16 2015 - 19:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 33832 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4
WG, we really need a list of what bonuses will come with each emblem/inscription.

Hordakai #22 Posted Oct 16 2015 - 19:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 21329 battles
I sincerely hope the bonuses aren't tied to a single inscription, but are simply picked from a list when you use the inscription. I do not want to see everyone with the same inscriptions. That being said I used to put inscriptions on any tank that won me gold so I guess I am ahead of the curve, I jsut hope I do not have bad bonuses

Qualm #23 Posted Oct 16 2015 - 19:14

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 16973 battles
So do all the national flags we've earned in past missions count as bonus-giving emblems?

Scorpiany #24 Posted Oct 16 2015 - 19:15

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 30191 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View PostDarkConfidant, on Oct 16 2015 - 10:48, said:

Cool thanks for making the game pay to win.

View PostBlackhawk39, on Oct 16 2015 - 10:49, said:

You do realize you can get these for Credits, right? And the bonuses are still rather small, right? You're not going to magically begin winning all of your battles if you put on Emblems or Inscriptions. And you don't have to pay anything to even get the bonuses. Emblems and Inscriptions are rather cheap Credit wise anyways.

View PostQualm, on Oct 16 2015 - 11:14, said:

So do all the national flags we've earned in past missions count as bonus-giving emblems?

Yes they do.

View Postgpc_4, on Oct 16 2015 - 11:11, said:

WG, we really need a list of what bonuses will come with each emblem/inscription.

Yes we do. Once the 10.0 test server comes out (free of login bugs that is), we'll just be able to take a look that way though. If they made a post about it before that though, i would be happy. :P

View PostRocksitter, on Oct 16 2015 - 10:57, said:

Would of been better had they been real upgrades to your tank like side skirts and thing of that nature oh well.

That would not work very well at all, especially for tanks which already have strong sides, or the sides are the only weakpoint (imagine an IS-7 with a second set of side skirts, or an O-I top Tier with spaced armor on the sides all of a sudden).

Edited by Scorpiany, Oct 16 2015 - 19:19.

Preddy_ #25 Posted Oct 16 2015 - 19:19

Major

• Players
  • 9629 battles
  • [T-F-Z] T-F-Z

View Postpoppavein, on Oct 16 2015 - 14:56, said:

+1 for putting them on sale this weekend.

-1 for not letting us know what bonuses apply to each one so we can figure out which ones to buy.

Yeah... If I knew which ones to get I would do every spot on every keeper tank I own this weekend, but I guess that info is top secret, so I'll just wait until there is another emblem sale AFTER I know which ones I prefer.

predavolk #26 Posted Oct 16 2015 - 19:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10160 battles

What happens if you have an existing emblem and don't want the bonus it has vs. a different emblem?  Can you exchange them or are you just stuck with them?  And I'll bring in a quote from another thread:

View PostKramburglar, on Oct 09 2015 - 17:22, said:

Not to mention that since there is a clear best option currently (+1% to all crew) and that there is no opportunity cost (as in, to run food you have to give up a different consumable) you aren't even paying for a bonus.  WG has essentially just raised the standard crew level, so you're paying to not be at a deficit, rather than configuring a new loadout.

This is crew skill inflation

This seems to be a much better option.  +2-4% bonus per emblem/inscription to train up better crews vs. 4% straight up performance bonuses.

DarkConfidant #27 Posted Oct 16 2015 - 19:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21064 battles

View PostScorpiany, on Oct 16 2015 - 18:15, said:

You do realize you can get these for Credits, right? And the bonuses are still rather small, right? You're not going to magically begin winning all of your battles if you put on Emblems or Inscriptions. And you don't have to pay anything to even get the bonuses. Emblems and Inscriptions are rather cheap Credit wise anyways.

Yes they do.

Yes we do. Once the 10.0 test server comes out (free of login bugs that is), we'll just be able to take a look that way though. If they made a post about it before that though, i would be happy. :P

That would not work very well at all, especially for tanks which already have strong sides, or the sides are the only weakpoint (imagine an IS-7 with a second set of side skirts, or an O-I top Tier with spaced armor on the sides all of a sudden).

A 3% bonus is huge advantage. There is a reason people mount camo on there tanks for clan wars and SH. If you have a 3% faster reload that means you get the shot off faster than a person who isn't using emblems and thus have a distinct advantage. Now you need more credits which means needing a premium which is pay to win.  

Preddy_ #28 Posted Oct 16 2015 - 19:21

Major

• Players
  • 9629 battles
  • [T-F-Z] T-F-Z

View Postgpc_4, on Oct 16 2015 - 15:11, said:

THIS ^^^^^^

lenticular #29 Posted Oct 16 2015 - 19:24

Captain

• Players
  • 33610 battles
  • [IFM] IFM

View PostColonel_Potter, on Oct 16 2015 - 09:49, said:

Great, if I want to get the crew bonuses, I have to make my tanks look stupid.  The emblems and inscriptions are pretty tacky looking.

I'm not holding my breath, but if Wargaming wants to start emphasizing emblems and inscriptions, they really need to overhaul almost all of them. The American, British, French, and German designs in particular are ahistorical, anachronistic, and just plain badly executed, ie "pretty tacky looking". Most inscriptions use fonts not remotely period-appropriate, nothing that looks hand-painted. They look especially bad in comparison to the Soviet once (naturally).

I would be dropping tons of gold on these things, even without the new bonuses, if only they actually looked good. As it is, pretty much only my Soviet and Chinese tanks have any emblems or insignia.

The_Rommelnator #30 Posted Oct 16 2015 - 19:26

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 36368 battles

Question for all the whiners.  How many of you are willing to work for free?  I mean show up every day, put in a lot of effort, time, energy, etc. and not get paid?  And not only not get paid, but actually have to pick up all the expenses of keeping your job going?  All the power bills, server costs, development costs, etc.?

OK, now that we've cleared up that this is a business and they will constantly be looking at ways to make money, lets move on to important stuff.

WG, please explain how you will "grandfather" in items that are already on tank since we don't have a list of what does what.  I'd like to buy some stuff on sale this weekend, but I want to have a sense of what I'm buying.  My luck I'll end up with all radio perks which I could care less about.  Need aiming and reloading mostly.

Ecksdeee #31 Posted Oct 16 2015 - 19:26

Major

• Players
  • 16813 battles
  • [WRPCK] WRPCK

View PostDarkConfidant, on Oct 16 2015 - 18:48, said:

Cool thanks for making the game pay to win.

Except they still provide bonuses even if you get them for credits. Rip your supposed logic.

View PostDarkConfidant, on Oct 16 2015 - 19:21, said:

A 3% bonus is huge advantage. There is a reason people mount camo on there tanks for clan wars and SH. If you have a 3% faster reload that means you get the shot off faster than a person who isn't using emblems and thus have a distinct advantage. Now you need more credits which means needing a premium which is pay to win.  

Like do you think before you post? The price of a 7 day credit inscription and emblem would be covered in 1 game of just about any tank that you're even semi decent with.

Edited by shadowhazcookie, Oct 16 2015 - 19:27.

Kramburglar #32 Posted Oct 16 2015 - 19:28

Major

• Players
  • 26978 battles

Terrible, terrible implementation.

Camo was bad enough, but camo paint is useless on many tanks, and you could just buy summer and be covered for most maps, so it wasn't a huge deal

This though requires buying (or renting for a huge amount of credits) 4 different emblems/inscriptions for 80% of the effects of improved ventilation.  You're coming awfully close to selling the equivalent of an extra equipment slot

Not to mention you've tied specific bonuses to specific visuals, so instead of picking what we think looks best we have to pick what's optimal. 

A much better way to sell emblems and inscriptions would be to simply have any of them offer a bonus to crewXP earned.  Provides a great bonus, that is an OUT OF MATCH bonus, and won't gimp tanks that choose not to use it.

WanderingGhost #33 Posted Oct 16 2015 - 19:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15131 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
More important question, why is concealment from camo 2%? I thought it was a higher number than that, at least 5. Or is that getting changed to a lower number?

Scorpiany #34 Posted Oct 16 2015 - 19:30

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 30191 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View PostDarkConfidant, on Oct 16 2015 - 11:21, said:

You're not getting a 3% faster reload for a 3% loader bonus. It doesn't work like that. 3% equates to a 1.3% or so bonus to the tank. That's a very, very minor difference. If that tiny difference is all what it takes to make the difference between a win and a loss for you, that likely means you're doing something wrong with your playstyle.

Also, needing more Credits is... nothing? The amount of Credits you need to buy camo, emblems and inscirptions for your tanks is very minimal. You can get the Credits to put all of that stuff onto a Tier 10 vehicle by playing two or three Tier 5 or 6 battles without a Premium. Hey, you need Credits to mount upgraded modules on your tank and to buy AP rounds... and you need Credits to buy equipment... is that pay to win? No it's not. Not at all. You get it by playing the game, earning the Credits, and mounting whatever you need to mount. No one is forcing you (or even making it that enticing) to just throw Gold at the screen.

View PostWanderingGhost, on Oct 16 2015 - 11:29, said:

More important question, why is concealment from camo 2%? I thought it was a higher number than that, at least 5. Or is that getting changed to a lower number?

I'm fairly sure it was always a small number. Don't know if it's changed or not. I could dig around for the exact current number, but I really don't think it's anywhere near 5%.

Edited by Scorpiany, Oct 16 2015 - 19:31.

Kramburglar #35 Posted Oct 16 2015 - 19:31

Major

• Players
  • 26978 battles

View Postshadowhazcookie, on Oct 16 2015 - 13:26, said:

Except they still provide bonuses even if you get them for credits. Rip your supposed logic.

Tier 10s will cost 240,000 per tank, per month.  Have 10 tier 10s you like driving, that'll be 2.4mil just so that your crew can be at its best.  Have more tanks you want to play and it quickly becomes cost prohibitive

_J_D_ #36 Posted Oct 16 2015 - 19:32

Captain

• Players
  • 71677 battles

Yes you can buy the non permanent version with credits, it is still Pay 2 win even if its 1-2%,

You gave an advantageous to a person without doing any work in game. (includes grinding credits)

Skills may differ but if its the same person with the same level of skill you just gave an advantage to one person. 

You might think its minimal for now, but it will soon add up, and anything dealing with percentage is a multiplier.

Worse Part, WG will get the hang of these schemes that you wouldn't even notice.

With that said can you give us 100% credit bonus increase (battle payments) via in game purchases?

Edited by _J_D_, Oct 16 2015 - 19:34.

Morpheous #37 Posted Oct 16 2015 - 19:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39437 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3
Cool, now gold farming clans can spend their oodles of gold on something other than gold spamming ammo, and they can even get better!!!  Then the masses must spend real money to even try to get on an equal footing, brilliant.... simply brilliant WG.  Next you can sell a server side cheat and get people on both ends...oh wait....

Tracker40 #38 Posted Oct 16 2015 - 19:37

Captain

• Players
  • 18727 battles

Lame and Bad Idea,

Really WG so I paint as an Exp: GOD SAVE THE QUEEN  on the side of my tank and I get a perk, But god forbit you do some graphic work to add value to this feature and to the game and make it like one poster already said SIDE SKIRTS to the armor to buff the tank...

Man everytime I think they cant mess up this game more they come out with this GREAT fun-in IDEA's of how to screw up a broken game even more.

Now we all know why the Neg votes were remove right.

Feel better now moderator. Going south really fast this place... 

[content moderated - inappropriate language]
- Yshoneist

_J_D_ #39 Posted Oct 16 2015 - 19:39

Captain

• Players
  • 71677 battles

People are saying this because they haven't played a free2play account, if they do they would know the difference between a well funded and non funded account.

WG is digging  up their own graves, you need new players to keep this game alive, if you make it more difficult for them to play then all i can say RIP.

DeryBRash #40 Posted Oct 16 2015 - 19:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7435 battles
  • [KWTS] KWTS
cool cool!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users