Jump to content


Changes to Emblems and Inscriptions in 10.0


  • Please log in to reply
422 replies to this topic

SvenHoek #361 Posted Oct 20 2015 - 02:50

    Private

  • Players
  • 23664 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    05-29-2013
this is a pay to win game, if you think otherwise, you're fooling yourself.

themusgrat #362 Posted Oct 20 2015 - 04:12

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 29697 battles
  • 1,140
  • [LARRY] LARRY
  • Member since:
    10-14-2010
Just start selling us killstreaks already for gold. Better yet, make them available only in the gift shop for real money. Even better, put a maximum age limit on these purchases so only 12 year olds who snuck off with mommy's credit card can get them. How long before half the server has had intimate relations with my mother?

Edited by themusgrat, Oct 20 2015 - 04:12.


Lestro #363 Posted Oct 20 2015 - 04:28

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 22168 battles
  • 18
  • [CRIT] CRIT
  • Member since:
    10-13-2010

Just need help!

 "For example, for applied inscriptions and emblems, there is a bonus of +2% to the major qualification of the Commander, +1% to the major qualification of all Crew members and +2% to the Radio Operator qualification. All in all, a Commander will get +3% to its major qualification, this number will be displayed on the major qualification level scale, and +3% to the Radio Operator's qualification"

 

2% Major Qualification of the commander (whom operates the radio)

1% Major to all Crew Members

2% Major to Radio operator (whom is the commander)

=5%

The Commander pulls double duty and should recieve all bounses. We do not make him switch roles during battle...... they stack!



EvoNeiko #364 Posted Oct 20 2015 - 05:40

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 20696 battles
  • 176
  • [-LCG-] -LCG-
  • Member since:
    10-11-2010
Hmm  so Just when i was thinking of Reinstalling this because my PC doesn't like The other To much.   now almost 2 years of not playing WOT almost ruined it..  phew . thanks WG now i will NOT be installing a Real P2W game!!   back to STO

NightmareDancer #365 Posted Oct 20 2015 - 13:38

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4541 battles
  • 38
  • Member since:
    03-21-2011
Well as long as its not like warships where you have to pay per match ill be fine. Still p2w now so IF i play.

Edited by NightmareDancer, Oct 20 2015 - 13:39.


CrazyBobby666 #366 Posted Oct 20 2015 - 14:11

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 33756 battles
  • 70
  • [FDDQC] FDDQC
  • Member since:
    04-11-2012

Oh my my!!!  Some players are so CHEAP. You play golf, you buy golf clubs and pay to play. Your hobby is scale models? You buy kits, glue, tools, paint, etc. You play paintball? Then you buy paintball, marquer, kits, etc.

 

You like to play WOT? Then you invest in your game, watch videos to learn how to become better, etc. Any hobby requires investment in real money and time. Even if you just like to take a walk you will invest in good shoes...

 

I think that WG make great efforts to keep the game enjoyable. And, for those who never tried it, clan wars with tier X tanks is completly differents to clan wars with tier VI. I see the lower tier clans wars as great opportunities for new players an callers to learn the rope and sharpens their skill before moving up to higher tier battles

 

And the idea of giving emblems and inscriptions a little impact in the game is fun ad the 2-3% difference in crew skill is not really overhelming. Thanks WG for all your efforts!


Edited by CrazyBobby666, Oct 20 2015 - 14:12.


Kramburglar #367 Posted Oct 20 2015 - 17:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 28726 battles
  • 5,756
  • Member since:
    12-18-2011

View PostCrazyBobby666, on Oct 20 2015 - 08:11, said:

Oh my my!!!  Some players are so CHEAP. You play golf, you buy golf clubs and pay to play. Your hobby is scale models? You buy kits, glue, tools, paint, etc. You play paintball? Then you buy paintball, marquer, kits, etc.

 

You like to play WOT? Then you invest in your game, watch videos to learn how to become better, etc. Any hobby requires investment in real money and time. Even if you just like to take a walk you will invest in good shoes...

 

I think that WG make great efforts to keep the game enjoyable. And, for those who never tried it, clan wars with tier X tanks is completly differents to clan wars with tier VI. I see the lower tier clans wars as great opportunities for new players an callers to learn the rope and sharpens their skill before moving up to higher tier battles

 

And the idea of giving emblems and inscriptions a little impact in the game is fun ad the 2-3% difference in crew skill is not really overhelming. Thanks WG for all your efforts!

 

Now imagine a golf coarse that made you use their balls and sold standard balls and premium balls that were a little better.  Imagine a paintball arena that sold two types of balls, and the cheaper ones were less likely to break

 

People are not pissed that WG monetizes their game, they are frustrated that the monetization in this case is for an in-game advantage.

 

Also, people need to stop saying 2-3%, it's 4% unless you pick some weird emblems.  Vents are 5%, BIA is 5%, so at what point would the people in favour of this start to agree that the bonus was too much for a pay feature?



Skeleton #368 Posted Oct 20 2015 - 21:32

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 42224 battles
  • 346
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011
Also a lot of tanks are at a disadvantage due to the fact they only have 1 emblem slot.

Skeleton #369 Posted Oct 20 2015 - 21:52

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 42224 battles
  • 346
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011

View PostSquirrellyWraths, on Oct 19 2015 - 19:08, said:

I already have Squirrel on my tanks (British), kinda goes with the name. So am I SoL?

 

Same with me have put skeleton skulls on all my tanks, oh well.

Skeleton #370 Posted Oct 20 2015 - 21:57

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 42224 battles
  • 346
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011

View PostPreddy_, on Oct 18 2015 - 18:57, said:

 

I am not being facetious when I say to all of you "WRITE THIS DOWN", it is important to keep you from wasting gold. 

 

Doesn't charge me double when purchasing at the same time as long as I use the SAME emblem on both sides.

WhineMaker #371 Posted Oct 20 2015 - 22:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 38630 battles
  • 6,502
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View PostKramburglar, on Oct 20 2015 - 08:27, said:

 

Now imagine a golf coarse that made you use their balls and sold standard balls and premium balls that were a little better.  Imagine a paintball arena that sold two types of balls, and the cheaper ones were less likely to break

 

People are not pissed that WG monetizes their game, they are frustrated that the monetization in this case is for an in-game advantage.

 

Also, people need to stop saying 2-3%, it's 4% unless you pick some weird emblems.  Vents are 5%, BIA is 5%, so at what point would the people in favour of this start to agree that the bonus was too much for a pay feature?

 

Imagine this golf course has a way to earn credits, like WoT, while playing a round of golf. With these credits, you can purchase either type of golf ball to use.

 

If you want to use the emblems/inscriptions, it becomes your choice as to which method to use to make the purchase. If you want them with less effort and more convenience, you pay with cash. If not, you play the game to earn the credits. If you choose neither, you come to the forums and cry/whine how it's too expensive and how it's unfair. :facepalm:



Kramburglar #372 Posted Oct 21 2015 - 00:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 28726 battles
  • 5,756
  • Member since:
    12-18-2011

View PostClickez4Fun, on Oct 20 2015 - 16:01, said:

 

Imagine this golf course has a way to earn credits, like WoT, while playing a round of golf. With these credits, you can purchase either type of golf ball to use.

 

If you want to use the emblems/inscriptions, it becomes your choice as to which method to use to make the purchase. If you want them with less effort and more convenience, you pay with cash. If not, you play the game to earn the credits. If you choose neither, you come to the forums and cry/whine how it's too expensive and how it's unfair. :facepalm:

 

You really are dense.  The economics of this has been discussed at length, it is cost prohibitive.

Kramburglar #373 Posted Oct 21 2015 - 00:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 28726 battles
  • 5,756
  • Member since:
    12-18-2011

View PostSkeleton, on Oct 20 2015 - 15:57, said:

 

Doesn't charge me double when purchasing at the same time as long as I use the SAME emblem on both sides.

 

Good to hear that they fixed this

Digital_Malamute #374 Posted Oct 21 2015 - 05:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 46759 battles
  • 10,179
  • [SHIMP] SHIMP
  • Member since:
    09-02-2011

View PostDarkConfidant, on Oct 16 2015 - 12:48, said:

Cool thanks for making the game pay to win.

 



WhineMaker #375 Posted Oct 21 2015 - 07:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 38630 battles
  • 6,502
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View PostKramburglar, on Oct 20 2015 - 15:01, said:

 

You really are dense.  The economics of this has been discussed at length, it is cost prohibitive.

 

Couple of dollars is too cost prohibitive for you? Earning in game credits too much effort?

 

 

Do you use premium ammo?

Do you use premium consumables?

Do you use food on your crews?

Do you use camo paint on your tanks?

 

All very cost prohibitive in every respect.

 

If you are not using any of the above, then you are already playing at a disadvantage.

 

If you are using any of the above, you are the perfect definition of a hypocrite. 

 

 



stalkervision #376 Posted Oct 21 2015 - 11:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 69511 battles
  • 9,765
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

View PostMetadeth901, on Oct 18 2015 - 13:12, said:

Still waiting on the tank customization like more co-ax/commander's gunner ammo boxes, food, miscellaneous and tracks/logs tied on armor.

 

Heck, customizable skins would be great :teethhappy:

 

  

 

I want to put a "minions flag" on my tanks because I have their voices as my crew.  Love those little guys. Makes the game a true delight to play.

CrazyBricker #377 Posted Oct 21 2015 - 12:34

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 18899 battles
  • 481
  • Member since:
    09-08-2013

View Poststalkervision, on Oct 21 2015 - 04:56, said:

I want to put a "minions flag" on my tanks because I have their voices as my crew.  Love those little guys. Makes the game a true delight to play.

 

You can always make one and substitute it for one of the originals and place it in the mods folder. I changed the star on my American tanks and it worked, so it should be possible. The only drawback is that you're the only one that will see it. I'll have to make my own as well as I don't like the stock decals.



AHarmlessDolphin #378 Posted Oct 21 2015 - 16:31

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22490 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    01-02-2013

View PostClickez4Fun, on Oct 21 2015 - 06:03, said:

 

Couple of dollars is too cost prohibitive for you? Earning in game credits too much effort?

 

 

Do you use premium ammo?

Do you use premium consumables?

Do you use food on your crews?

Do you use camo paint on your tanks?

 

All very cost prohibitive in every respect.

 

If you are not using any of the above, then you are already playing at a disadvantage.

 

If you are using any of the above, you are the perfect definition of a hypocrite. 

 

 

These are all considered "noob gold" gaming items and not part of the pay to win system but the NA end user player base.    How 5%ish unlimited month long bonus for the same cost as 12 games of food not attractive to cost sensitive players does make me wonder a bit



Kramburglar #379 Posted Oct 21 2015 - 16:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 28726 battles
  • 5,756
  • Member since:
    12-18-2011

View PostClickez4Fun, on Oct 21 2015 - 01:03, said:

 

Couple of dollars is too cost prohibitive for you? Earning in game credits too much effort?

 

 

Do you use premium ammo?

Do you use premium consumables?

Do you use food on your crews?

Do you use camo paint on your tanks?

 

All very cost prohibitive in every respect.

 

If you are not using any of the above, then you are already playing at a disadvantage.

 

If you are using any of the above, you are the perfect definition of a hypocrite. 

 

 

 

I've often said prem ammo should be reworked and cost the same as regular ammo with a given tradeoff of reduced alpha based on the increase in penetration.  Regardless, premium ammo is purchased per round and is often not needed, you don't need to pay a lump sum per month to have access to it, and better positioning can often negate the need to use it entirely.

 

Prem consumables often aren't needed.  Getting multiple people/modules knocked out at the same time is fairly rare and so most people don't feel compelled to buy prem consumables for all their tanks, as opposed to a crew bonus which is useful 100% of the time

 

Food comes at a trade off.  To equip them you have to give up something else, which can put your tank at risk.  You do not pay credits to simply make the tank flat out better as is the case with this emblems implementation.

 

As for camo, I've already said that was a step over the line.  However, it's useless on many tanks and maps, and you can get summer camo and be set for a vast majority of the maps, so while it was not a great move by WG, it wasn't as bad as a universally useful 4% boost to crews

 

 

 

Also, I like how your argument to justify putting a higher strain on players credits is that there's already a strain on players credits, maybe that would be a good reason not to increase it


Edited by Kramburglar, Oct 21 2015 - 16:37.


Tracker40 #380 Posted Oct 21 2015 - 18:49

    Captain

  • Players
  • 18727 battles
  • 1,341
  • Member since:
    02-01-2012

View Poststalkervision, on Oct 21 2015 - 05:56, said:

 

I want to put a "minions flag" on my tanks because I have their voices as my crew.  Love those little guys. Makes the game a true delight to play.

 

What Mod has the voices?




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users