View PostTracker40, on Oct 21 2015 - 09:49, said:

What Mod has the voices?

It on odemmortis.com

AHarmlessDolphin #382 Posted Oct 21 2015 - 19:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 22490 battles

View PostCrazyBobby666, on Oct 20 2015 - 13:11, said:

Oh my my!!!  Some players are so CHEAP. You play golf, you buy golf clubs and pay to play. Your hobby is scale models? You buy kits, glue, tools, paint, etc. You play paintball? Then you buy paintball, marquer, kits, etc.

You like to play WOT? Then you invest in your game, watch videos to learn how to become better, etc. Any hobby requires investment in real money and time. Even if you just like to take a walk you will invest in good shoes...

I think that WG make great efforts to keep the game enjoyable. And, for those who never tried it, clan wars with tier X tanks is completly differents to clan wars with tier VI. I see the lower tier clans wars as great opportunities for new players an callers to learn the rope and sharpens their skill before moving up to higher tier battles

And the idea of giving emblems and inscriptions a little impact in the game is fun ad the 2-3% difference in crew skill is not really overhelming. Thanks WG for all your efforts!

Well said.  

We are arguing of what is basically 80% vents and I don't even have vents on many of my tanks anymore.  

WOT is a business for profit and I don't see any reason why they should take their consumers recommendations seriously if their recommendations consist of the consumer getting the product for little to no cost and the vendor consistently not realizing a future profit for giving it away.   Before you boo.   Walk down the hall tell your boss you make enough money and want a pay cut, tell your parents your allowance is plenty good, check apples margin on its IPhone and they go buy another.

its too idealistic to think the game difference between a premium & non premium player is the length of time it takes to complete a task.   The perception that it is free, fair, balanced between the two is an excellent illusion. But enough opportunity exists that the non prem player remains reluctant to consider it and dismisses the p2w advantages that are pre-existing as irrelevant 

The challenge war gaming faces is its own success.  Many of the premium players have stopped investing/playing due to age.  I have accomplished pretty much all my goals in 3 years of playing.  I don't need to buy a new premium tank to help train a crew for a line, nor do I need a new premium tank for a line that had one.  I only look at new content as whether is good/fun before I plunk down $.    I probably don't even need to buy premium time this year.  I can probably support myself just fine taking advantage of specials, prem tanks and a $ of gold here and there.  

its seems that many people are not particularly interested in investing in the game (premium time, premium tanks) many more no longer have much left to invest in (free XP tanks, premium tanks).  All the people here clearly have some interest in the game so WOT is trying to get creative to keep you happy playing

-like grinding but have grinded your favorite line?  Here is a free premium tank to grind?

-like more comepetive/team play but don't want to invest time in CW?  Here is strongholds?

-want CW but getting worn out against the pros?   Here's tier 8 CW

-like grinding your crews?  Here are crew/xp consumables?

-want to try different games?  Here's Karl, soccer, Mario kart, respawns, free for all

-want to try a premium tank before you buy?  Here you go

-would you mind buying some premium content so I can pay for my infrastructure, developers,employees?  $))/@&$- war gaming!

Kramburglar #383 Posted Oct 22 2015 - 01:51

Major

• Players
  • 28726 battles

View PostAHarmlessDolphin, on Oct 21 2015 - 13:15, said:

-would you mind buying some premium content so I can pay for my infrastructure, developers,employees?  $))/@&$- war gaming!

It's like people are purposefully ignoring why others are frustrated with this.  The issue is not monetizing the game.  WG monetizes all sorts of stuff in this game.  The issue is monetizing the improvement of tank's in-battle characteristics.

If WG implemented this but made it with options like +% to credits earned, +% to XP earned, +% to FreeXP earned or +% to crew XP earned, people would not be this frustrated, because those bonuses are all to help speed/lessen grinds, which is the ideal outcome of pay features in a free to play game.

AHarmlessDolphin #384 Posted Oct 22 2015 - 06:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 22490 battles

View PostKramburglar, on Oct 22 2015 - 00:51, said:

It's like people are purposefully ignoring why others are frustrated with this.  The issue is not monetizing the game.  WG monetizes all sorts of stuff in this game.  The issue is monetizing the improvement of tank's in-battle characteristics.

If WG implemented this but made it with options like +% to credits earned, +% to XP earned, +% to FreeXP earned or +% to crew XP earned, people would not be this frustrated, because those bonuses are all to help speed/lessen grinds, which is the ideal outcome of pay features in a free to play game.

I don't think you read my post. 

I am suggesting improvement in "tanks in-battle characteristics"  has already been monetized and that it has been accepted by the general community as the norm in the current game meta.

Your suggestion of giving more +% to credits earned +% to XP earned, +% to FreeXP earned or +% to crew XP earned is really a perfect example of my point. 

You think people are going to be frustrated because they lose a duel to someone who paid to get  3 meters better view range and .07 seconds better reload time?   How is that player going to feel when these Super Premium accounts players  are able to run their crews up to 6 skills, fire nothing but premium ammo and have all premium consumables.    

I am decent player in an OK clan. I get a little gold and I get a little stronghold benefit.  I play mostly 10s these days and I can say Premium benefits are almost broken.  A little creative thinking (and no, not a dip into the wallet) and I am able to afford to run my favorite 10s daily with a healthy reserve of premium ammo and consumables for a break even/small profit. Provided I don't push for more tanks/grinds at the same time I only need to buy a Premium account once a year at this point.  

Im still not saying WG is doing the right/best thing but they are still trying to be creative and evolve the game further.  This is a good sign that they haven't given up and if you like to play the game it will be around from time yet to come. 

Kramburglar #385 Posted Oct 22 2015 - 12:26

Major

• Players
  • 28726 battles

View PostAHarmlessDolphin, on Oct 22 2015 - 00:42, said:

I don't think you read my post. 

I am suggesting improvement in "tanks in-battle characteristics"  has already been monetized and that it has been accepted by the general community as the norm in the current game meta.

Your suggestion of giving more +% to credits earned +% to XP earned, +% to FreeXP earned or +% to crew XP earned is really a perfect example of my point. 

You think people are going to be frustrated because they lose a duel to someone who paid to get  3 meters better view range and .07 seconds better reload time?   How is that player going to feel when these Super Premium accounts players  are able to run their crews up to 6 skills, fire nothing but premium ammo and have all premium consumables.    

I am decent player in an OK clan. I get a little gold and I get a little stronghold benefit.  I play mostly 10s these days and I can say Premium benefits are almost broken.  A little creative thinking (and no, not a dip into the wallet) and I am able to afford to run my favorite 10s daily with a healthy reserve of premium ammo and consumables for a break even/small profit. Provided I don't push for more tanks/grinds at the same time I only need to buy a Premium account once a year at this point.  

Im still not saying WG is doing the right/best thing but they are still trying to be creative and evolve the game further.  This is a good sign that they haven't given up and if you like to play the game it will be around from time yet to come. 

There already being problems is not a reason to add more.

As I've said previously, I, and many others have argued for a rework of premium ammo to be made into a regular round that trades its increased penetration for reduced alpha.  That was one of the many player suggestions AW implemented and it's working quite well over there

As for high skill crews, those are something that anyone can get over time.  Even with a bonus to crew XP earned, it still takes quite a while.  But both players will be able to earn them.  The way WG has implemented emblems, you only get it when you pay.

As for people being frustrated due to specific situations where this is the tipping point, I honestly doubt people will know when the inscriptions are what made the difference.  But that doesn't really matter, does it?  Any time someone beats their reload by a split second, any time someone manages to stay camoed while firing, any time something happens this will be another thing people can point to.  Some nutters already do it with theories on rigged MM and garbage like that, and now they'll have an actual pay for improvement feature to point to.

Anyhoo, this has been going on for enough pages that I'll give it a rest.  WG will make their decisions regardless of what we say, so it's all pretty moot.

SGTCONAN #386 Posted Oct 23 2015 - 03:30

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Not a fan of this idea at all

Kamikaze_Aussie #387 Posted Oct 23 2015 - 07:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 18296 battles

Really need to get rid the current idea guys at WOT.  It boggles my mind that whoever it is cannot see the train coming down the track.  Like that historical battles absolutely totally doomed to failure.  It is so completely obvious.  I spend a fair amount of money on this game and this idea totally annoys me.  I can't imagine how much it annoys people who don't have the money to spend on the game.  I'm sure they want to spend more time playing a game that calls them a 2nd class citizen.

If you want to sell more inscriptions and symbols this is what you do.

First sell them in the language that people speak.  I probably haven't hardly bought a non English inscription.  Maybe a few German and Russian ones I can read.

Second don't have limits on where you can put them, how many you can have and how big they are etc.

In fact just give people a paint brush and a palette.  Call it custom skin and let them paint whatever the heck they want on the tank sitting in the garage.  Once you've bought it you can go back and add and change whatever.  No limits no control just good stuff that takes skill of the user.  People could even sell their skills painting other peoples tanks.  Make is so it can't even be downloaded.  Can try to copy but each paint job is completely custom.  Heck have an offline tank painting app they can log into other peoples garage with permission and paint a tank.  Make sure there is a choice to apply standard jobs.  I'm sure people will paint some rude stuff but just put an option in the settings to turn that off just like chat.

Third have a 50% off sale because I don't buy jack that isn't 50% off anymore.  Whatever the cheapest sale is that is the standard price.  Anything else is just a rip off.  Sales are rubbish.  Generally they just stop me buying stuff when they are not on.  Your whole sales model is poor.  The prices should be lower and sales should never go over 15%.  Then people like me would be like I'm not waiting for a 15% I want it now.

Fourth drop all the advantages for anything that cost money.  The best people at this game are not going to be wallet warriors.  They are going to be skilled gamers who will need to see themselves beating the system with their skill.  These people generate buzz.  These people generate sales.  Why the heck should they pay anything?  How much sales do you think I am going to generate showing my buddy my lovely inscriptions, camo, symbols and equipment that I spent $10 on so I can seal club?

The changes you are implementing are making me look at other games.  So far I haven't found one I like better, but you've got me out there looking and I'm your paying (a lot) customer.

PS If you nerf a tank refund everything on it.  because you nerfed tanks I pimped out making my pimp useless I hesitate to do it to other tanks.

Edited by Kamikaze_Aussie, Oct 23 2015 - 07:30.

4TankersAndDog #388 Posted Oct 23 2015 - 16:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 27227 battles
  • [122MM] 122MM

CT server went back up yesterday, so here's more detail on the inscriptions/emblems:

I find the special conditions for the 3% bumps bizarre, hard to imagine my ever using them...  Very annoying to see that some things I've already purchased to pretty up my tanks have those odd special conditions, would much better IMHO to have the ability to choose what bonus you want when you spend the gold on ANY emblem or inscription.

PREDY4 #389 Posted Oct 23 2015 - 16:37

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3084 battles
  • [RDWS] RDWS
This thread is boring ...Maybe it will get more interesting when 10.0 is live.

Kahlas #390 Posted Oct 27 2015 - 02:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 32755 battles
  • [V--S] V--S

Hate to dig up an old thread but have to put in my 2 cents. 

In 2 years of playing WoT I've sunk about 6-800 dollars into the game between premium tanks, premium time, barracks slots, garage slots, and gold. If this change goes live I'll either have to sink in another 200 dollars into the game or I'm going to suffer because other people paid Wargaming money that I didn't to have an advantage over me. There is the laughable option to grind about 8 million credits per month over what I already do, which barely pays for new tank purchases as is. All this just to keep playing the tanks I already enjoy playing several times a day without being put at a disadvantage. Now I've spent on average at least 25 dollars a month for what's vaguely like an MMO in my eyes. Now to invest another 200 dollars into the game right now to keep it enjoyable is just way more than I'm willing to spend on entertainment costs. If it's an option of keep playing and get raked over the coals just to stay level with where I currently am, or spend 200 on a new game. Sorry Wargaming, you just lost any more money I would have spent on your game. I don't mind dropping a few dollars into the game from time to time to help speed up my progress. But to drop that much money in one lump sum into something that's obviously a money grab is just not going to happen. 

planedrvr #391 Posted Oct 27 2015 - 14:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 50752 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS
Exactly on the pay to win oay to play issue. People keep bailing and they keep forcing people who stay to dig into their wallet to make up lost revenue

melisende #392 Posted Oct 27 2015 - 20:55

Private

• Players
  • 5152 battles

I don't want to have to put emblems and text on my tank to get a bonus.  I don't like the way they look.  It's also going to be too expensive to maintain.  I'm not enthusiastic about this change.

4TankersAndDog #393 Posted Oct 30 2015 - 05:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 27227 battles
  • [122MM] 122MM

Surprised nobody has mentioned it on this thread yet...this whole thing has been pulled from v10 for 'rework' due to the negative community response.

I first read about the news here:  http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.com/2015/10/100-emblems-cancelled.html

(ps, and clearly therefore this 'boring' thread and others like it did their job communicating to WG the community's opinion of the proposed new feature test-ballooned on the Common Test server.  Working as intended, keep it up o7)

Edited by 4TankersAndDog, Oct 30 2015 - 05:57.

Redaction #394 Posted Oct 30 2015 - 06:00

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9404 battles

View Post4TankersAndDog, on Oct 29 2015 - 23:55, said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned it on this thread yet...this whole thing has been pulled from v10 for 'rework' due to the negative community response.

I first read about the news here:  http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.com/2015/10/100-emblems-cancelled.html

(ps, and clearly therefore this 'boring' thread and others like it did their job communicating to WG the community's opinion of the proposed new feature test-ballooned on the Common Test server.  Working as intended, keep it up o7)

+1 to the wow community for this victory. -1 to Content_WG yet againt

stalkervision #395 Posted Oct 30 2015 - 11:44

Major

• Players
  • 69581 battles

View PostTracker40, on Oct 21 2015 - 12:49, said:

What Mod has the voices?

Solo's mod

TAM #396 Posted Oct 30 2015 - 12:18

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 25031 battles

– The final decision regarding inscriptions and emblems is: at release all bonuses will be identical :confused:

http://thearmoredpat...0-october-2015/

SnowbirdSwan #397 Posted Oct 30 2015 - 17:08

Private

• Players
  • 43881 battles
  • [SWANS] SWANS
Please implement this idea. Don't listen to the complainers. I for one, am very much looking forward to this.  It's no different the buying camo in my opinion.

bravo9er #398 Posted Oct 30 2015 - 18:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25852 battles

View Post4TankersAndDog, on Oct 29 2015 - 21:55, said:

I don't think it's been "pulled" from 10.0.  Sounds like they're going to go ahead with it, except now they're all going to have the same bonus value... http://thearmoredpatrol.com/2015/10/30/qa-30-october-2015/

In any event, lots of conflicting rumors floating around with no official world from WG.

SlotRacer #399 Posted Oct 30 2015 - 18:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 52049 battles
  • [TNKGG] TNKGG
How about this... make the freaking inscriptions actually LOOK like real ones? How about numbers on the freaking German tanks????? How about that???? There are PLENTY of examples of REAL tank markings that could have been done so we don't have to put a flag from Portugal or El Salvador on our tanks for no reason.

OrnmiIler #400 Posted Nov 04 2015 - 00:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37969 battles
To much hated ingrates:  Content_WG, Victor Kislyi and the entire Wargaming Team

You’re sleazy money grab is even worse now than before! I helped you in fattening the WoT gold wallet and set up my tanks during the 50% off sale in anticipation of this much publicized 100% done deal of yours (WoT). Now I have all this crap on my tanks I paid out of pocket for needlessly and will not receive your much promised Bonus to major qualifications of my Crews. You guys are what JFK  had called your private ole boys club SOB’s (Sons of Business, which is by far much worse than the vernacular connotation of that acronym back when we were once proudly USofA, now were USgetintheA), and you’ve rubbed it in to prove it. I want my gold back pronto, ASAP, on the double, quick! My ticket is underway, do you understand my drift?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users