Premium Account

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Gizzur #1 Posted Jul 05 2011 - 18:37

Private

• Players
  • 1535 battles
A very basic question that, IMO, should be explained front and center on worldoftanks.com:

How does the premium account work?  What does it offer?  Where can I sign up?

When I go to worldoftanks.com and log into my account I only see a "Get Gold" link.

I guess that gold is used to convert to a premium account?  How much gold does that cost?  Do you still have to buy premium tanks on premium accounts?  If so, how much do those tanks cost?  Do you loose premium status after a while?  Do you loose premium tanks purchased after a while?

I have been ready to drop cash on this game since last week, but have been reluctant to do so without any transparent information available.  As stated above, shouldn't this info be front and center!?

Or am I missing something?

Thanks for the help!

whiterice #2 Posted Jul 05 2011 - 18:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13788 battles
In the actual game, look up in the top right, there's a button that says "GET PREMIUM".  Yes, this costs gold so you will need to buy gold to proceed with that.  The best value is 2500 gold for a month.  Once you upgrade to premium, for the timeframe purchased, you will get 50% more XP and Credits for battles as well as the ability to form platoons of up to 3 players that can queue together.

So buy gold, then go into the game, and hit "GET PREMIUM".

Once you purchase premium, it'll tell you up by that button how many days you have left until you need to renew.

amazingronaldo #3 Posted Jul 05 2011 - 18:39

Captain

• Players
  • 14949 battles
  • [IA] IA
Gold is used to make your account premium. So you need gold first. Then the button above get gold is the premium account button. Click on that and choose your length of premium you want. 30 days is the best bang for your gold.

Premium gives you +50% experience and credits.

This all should be in the wiki. I know it is not on the front page but that is where that stuff usually is. :)

whiterice #4 Posted Jul 05 2011 - 18:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13788 battles
Also - want to add - I looked on the website for info about the premium account so you can see it in writing from the devs.

If you go to game.worldoftanks.com, on the left you'll see a column of links.  Under the category "GAMERS GUIDE" you'll see a link titled "Game Manual" - it's a PDF file.  Load it up and look under the "Advanced" section and you can read about it.

Gizzur #5 Posted Jul 05 2011 - 18:49

Private

• Players
  • 1535 battles
Thanks, I think I understand now.  I guess I'll have to look in-game to see the different cost of premium game time and check out the cost of premium tanks (also in-game I assume).

Thanks again.

whiterice #6 Posted Jul 05 2011 - 18:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13788 battles

View PostGizzur, on Jul 05 2011 - 18:49, said:

Thanks, I think I understand now.  I guess I'll have to look in-game to see the different cost of premium game time and check out the cost of premium tanks (also in-game I assume).

Thanks again.

No biggie :)

In beta I rarely had the premium account, but now I won't play without it lol.  It speeds up progression so much, even if you just use it for the 50% bonus of credits/xp.  I know I've spent TONS of gold on XP conversion too :(

Zakume #7 Posted Jul 06 2011 - 00:43

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 31445 battles

View PostGizzur, on Jul 05 2011 - 18:37, said:

A very basic question that, IMO, should be explained front and center on worldoftanks.com:

How does the premium account work?  What does it offer?  Where can I sign up?

When I go to worldoftanks.com and log into my account I only see a "Get Gold" link.

I guess that gold is used to convert to a premium account?  How much gold does that cost?  Do you still have to buy premium tanks on premium accounts?  If so, how much do those tanks cost?  Do you loose premium status after a while?  Do you loose premium tanks purchased after a while?

I have been ready to drop cash on this game since last week, but have been reluctant to do so without any transparent information available.  As stated above, shouldn't this info be front and center!?

Or am I missing something?

Thanks for the help!

Holy jesus, can ya use numbered questions next time?  :blink: Lets see here..

1. Premium account works automatically.
2. It offers the ability to platoon and have increased credits and xp per round.
3. Sign up? Where can you get it—In-game
4. Yes gold is used to get a premium account.
5. Depends for how long you want it, for 1 day 250 gold, for 1 month 2500 gold, and there are two options in between.
6. No, you don't have to buy premium tanks on a premium account.
7. You can see how much all tanks cost in the in-game Store.
8. Yes, you lose premium status after the allotted time.
9. No, premium tanks are with you forever unless you sell them for some reason.
10. I believe if you look on the wiki, as well as various guides on the main site, and in the form of videos you will find abundant information.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users