if you don't get premium account will they cut you off and cant play after a while?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

blautiger #1 Posted Jul 05 2011 - 19:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4317 battles
hello,

if you don't get a premium account will they cut you off in a while and can't play after a while.  

If you don't get a premium account can you just play with the current functions forever?

It is just that I am a student.  Money is tight :).

Also how do you know if you got hit with a premium shell?

Viper69 #2 Posted Jul 05 2011 - 19:13

Major

• Players
  • 7528 battles
The game is free to play and will remain so as far as I can see. Premium is only an option used to alleviate the grind a tiny bit. If your premium expires you just go back to the normal account with no loss of tanks.

vespid #3 Posted Jul 05 2011 - 19:14

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19327 battles
I have never seen anything mentioned that free-to-play might end at some time. You should be fine.

There is no way to tell if you get hit with a premium shell, although plenty of players think they "just can". I never use gold shells in public battles but have been "accused" of using them after a good, lucky shot plenty of times.

WontEndWell #4 Posted Jul 05 2011 - 19:16

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 32123 battles
No, you can always play the game without paying a dime.

Without premium the only thing you can't do is platoon and next patch you will be able to platoon with 1 other player without it.

No way of telling really beyond asking the guy that shot you, or if you bounced it wait for his rage to flow over the in-game chat.

Zakume #5 Posted Jul 06 2011 - 00:46

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 31445 battles

View Postblautiger, on Jul 05 2011 - 19:11, said:

hello,

if you don't get a premium account will they cut you off in a while and can't play after a while.  

If you don't get a premium account can you just play with the current functions forever?

Yes, yes, and yes. That is what free-to-play means, free forever, and usually you trade your time instead of money.

You don't really know when you get hit by a premium shell, but if you are in a sturdy tank, and you know that you will bounce certain shots 9/10 times, and all of a sudden they penetrate you 6 straight times...you can use deductive reasoning there.

Naeron66 #6 Posted Jul 06 2011 - 11:39

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postblautiger, on Jul 05 2011 - 19:11, said:

hello,

No, you can play forever on just a standard account. The downsides are that you earn less xp and credits per battle and that you cannot create platoons (but its likely that one of the patches in the next couple of months will allow you to make 2 player platoons with a standard account).

All this means is that you will need to play more games to earn the xp to unlock tanks and modules and more games with a T5 or T6 moneymaking tank once you get into the higher tiers to earn the credits to buy the new modules and tanks and to fund the high running costs of tanks above tier 7. But even premium accounts need some credit farming to buy tier 9 and tier 10 tanks.

You don't know for certain if you got hit with a premium shell.

andyraptor #7 Posted Jul 06 2011 - 11:59

Major

• Players
  • 40056 battles
Straight answer is a NO

Play as you are and stop worrying about it :)

T_om #8 Posted Jul 06 2011 - 16:24

Captain

• Players
  • 15521 battles

View PostWontEndWell, on Jul 05 2011 - 19:16, said:

Without premium the only thing you can't do is platoon...

I just wanted to correct that.  You certainly CAN Platoon.  But, as another posted said, you just cannot create a Platoon yourself.

If a friend of yours has a Premium account, they can create the Platoon and invite you in, no problem.

Tom

sayuu #9 Posted Jul 07 2011 - 02:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 1325 battles

View PostT_om, on Jul 06 2011 - 16:24, said:

I just wanted to correct that.  You certainly CAN Platoon.  But, as another posted said, you just cannot create a Platoon yourself.

If a friend of yours has a Premium account, they can create the Platoon and invite you in, no problem.

Tom

free players will be able to form a 2 player platoon come patch 6.6,  so says the Overlord. . .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users