FPS goes to "1" Ping to 500+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

andYz00m #1 Posted Jul 05 2011 - 22:42

Private

• Players
  • 331 battles
So I am having this issue lately where I will be playing normally, no lag, and then all of a sudden I will start a game and the ping will 500-600+ and my FPS will go down to 1. Impossible to play obviously. I have no problem with performance and this is not a computer issue. I have monitored my machines resources while this is happening and I am not throttling or having some hardware issue.  

Its pretty frustrating, not sure why its happening. I read another thread that stated some other lag issue and it might be caused by the instability of the servers recently. Maybe this is the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks! I wanna get my US TDs!!!!

LCPL4ever #2 Posted Jul 07 2011 - 14:33

Private

• Players
  • 17569 battles

View PostandYz00m, on Jul 05 2011 - 22:42, said:

So I am having this issue lately where I will be playing normally, no lag, and then all of a sudden I will start a game and the ping will 500-600+ and my FPS will go down to 1. Impossible to play obviously. I have no problem with performance and this is not a computer issue. I have monitored my machines resources while this is happening and I am not throttling or having some hardware issue.  

Its pretty frustrating, not sure why its happening. I read another thread that stated some other lag issue and it might be caused by the instability of the servers recently. Maybe this is the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks! I wanna get my US TDs!!!!

Same thing has been happening to me.  I've been playing since beta, and the newest patch really mucked it up.  I have been playing on max settings, new patch and boom I now have to go on mediums setting so as to avoid the 1fps problems.  It ain't my computer as their tech support suggested.  OC'ed i7920 and a GTX580 should be enough, and it was doing fine before the patch.

LCPL4ever #3 Posted Jul 08 2011 - 10:42

Private

• Players
  • 17569 battles
Hey dude, it looks like it's the most recent Nvidia drivers that aren't playing nice with WoTs.  I rolled back to the previous drivers and all is good again.

TurboT #4 Posted Jul 10 2011 - 07:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28220 battles
  • [BOSS] BOSS
I would suggest it is not a specific NVidia problem.  I have multiple machines here, one with a NVidia card and one with an ATI.. in fact I have another laptop with onboard INTEL HD which will run the game, but I don't push it.. however, all three machines FPS spike since last patch release.  Never had a problem before.  WoT has an "OOPS" in there latest software.  Hope they fix it soon or I'm going to start screaming for a premium account extension because it is very hard to play with stuttering video.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users