Jump to content


Rental Events


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Tazilon #1 Posted Oct 23 2015 - 22:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 94130 battles
  • 9,194
  • [-40-] -40-
  • Member since:
    09-02-2011

Please stop these rental events.  They are ruining the game.  Who wants to play a game with 10 e-25s, or 10 scorpions or now 15 KV-5s?

 

Once a year or so for a few days, I understand, but they are coming non-stop now.  When do we get to play the "real" game and not a warped version screwed up by your short-sighted money grabs?

 



SchnitzelTruck #2 Posted Oct 23 2015 - 22:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 43498 battles
  • 7,939
  • Member since:
    03-14-2013
My O-Ho loves it though.

CorradoG60 #3 Posted Oct 23 2015 - 22:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 12469 battles
  • 2,203
  • [FRAY] FRAY
  • Member since:
    02-15-2011
72k battles tho.

LemmingRush #4 Posted Oct 23 2015 - 22:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 15949 battles
  • 2,794
  • Member since:
    04-17-2014

If wargaming is basically making it more advantageous for you not to play on the weekend, i dont see why youre complaining



Guilty_By_Association_xD #5 Posted Oct 23 2015 - 22:42

    Captain

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 45026 battles
  • 1,734
  • [RUSHB] RUSHB
  • Member since:
    12-25-2011
This event is amazing so much free damage.

rich73 #6 Posted Oct 23 2015 - 22:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 55852 battles
  • 6,488
  • Member since:
    10-17-2011

View PostTazilon, on Oct 23 2015 - 13:34, said:

Please stop these rental events.  They are ruining the game.  Who wants to play a game with 10 e-25s, or 10 scorpions or now 15 KV-5s?

 

Once a year or so for a few days, I understand, but they are coming non-stop now.  When do we get to play the "real" game and not a warped version screwed up by your short-sighted money grabs?

 

 

You'd have to talk to somebody who cares about the game and not just money.WG has turned into a monster and needs to feed.See what happens to the pc population when they get playstation 4 going.Already lost lots to xbox.Way to fragment the community WG.Congrats,

Insurrectional_Leftist #7 Posted Oct 23 2015 - 22:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 46751 battles
  • 6,199
  • Member since:
    05-23-2013

View PostTazilon, on Oct 23 2015 - 21:34, said:

Please stop these rental events.  They are ruining the game.  Who wants to play a game with 10 e-25s, or 10 scorpions or now 15 KV-5s?

 

Once a year or so for a few days, I understand, but they are coming non-stop now.  When do we get to play the "real" game and not a warped version screwed up by your short-sighted money grabs?

 

 

 

Tell it like it is TaZ  ....   Damn finally some one said it out loud.     :amazed:



HowitzerBlitzer #8 Posted Oct 23 2015 - 22:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 15428 battles
  • 7,834
  • Member since:
    06-16-2013

View PostCorradoG60, on Oct 23 2015 - 16:41, said:

72k battles tho.

 

More than 1/2 in one tank.

 

 

Just rack up the spotting damage against the new players, not that hard when they're in a KV-5.



Fulcrous_really_heckin #9 Posted Oct 23 2015 - 22:55

    Major

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 32568 battles
  • 4,348
  • [SUX] SUX
  • Member since:
    07-27-2012

M44 HEAT Spam is loving this.

It means I can tell the masses that 'arty is fair and balanced'.



Pen_Me_Harder #10 Posted Oct 23 2015 - 23:01

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 24929 battles
  • 107
  • [V--S] V--S
  • Member since:
    11-01-2012
The rentals are a love/hate relationship. Like I Loved seeing Scorpions in my t49 but hated them when there would be a line of scorpions waiting for you to try and capture a base.

Northern_Gunn #11 Posted Oct 23 2015 - 23:05

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 23040 battles
  • 165
  • Member since:
    04-24-2014

Don't know if you read the posts, but players have been asking for a while now, to test premium vehicles prior to buying them. Hmmph .. it does seem strange that the powers that be, might actually be listening. That being said... carefull what you wish for, you may just get it.....

 



shadevari #12 Posted Oct 23 2015 - 23:20

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 66233 battles
  • 241
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

View PostTazilon, on Oct 23 2015 - 22:34, said:

Please stop these rental events.  They are ruining the game.  Who wants to play a game with 10 e-25s, or 10 scorpions or now 15 KV-5s?

 

Once a year or so for a few days, I understand, but they are coming non-stop now.  When do we get to play the "real" game and not a warped version screwed up by your short-sighted money grabs?

 

 

 

 

 

 

I completely disagree, I think the rental deal is a fantastic marketing strategy for WG, as much as I hate saying that but it is. +1 WG

The original bundle thing is also a smart marketing strategy for WG. can't believe I said 2 positive things in a row to WG. +1 WG

Notice what happened to the KanPz after the bundle sale? It went on sale at a cheaper price NOT bundled almost immediately, after the bundle sale was over.

Now back to the rental deal, at lease you get to "try out/rent" the tank before you make the purchase. Nor do you have to wait for a test server to become available to try out the newer tanks, not that I believe the test server had the scorpion on it? Haven't done the last several test servers... Understand that there will be people that don't whine & cry about sale prices on it, so why not be 1 of the 1st ones to buy a brand new tank for people that have the extra $$ to spend on their own entertainment. After all it is people buying the bundles on the first several days with new tanks in them that keep the game free to everyone that doesn't spend money on Wargamming's websites.


 

I have pretty much EVERY tank in the game, almost every premium tank available after the Type59.

I LOVE THE NEW rental periods on premium tanks WG, +1 again!! DAMN that's 3 positive remarks towards WG, shame on me.

Keep it up WG I think this is a smart thing to do. I like the new direction you are going with the missions/rentals, don't like the damn domination rental deals, but I have every tier 10 in game but the new Jap Heavy.

It is a fact that you can't keep 100% of the people happy all the time, it's smart marketing money to keep the ones that spend money on your game happy!!!

Some will like it, some won't.


 

Anyway, back to my original point. Buy the bundle or not, take the chance that you will not be able to buy the tank by itself later on, I've got about 100 battles in the Scorpion since it's came out, I love it, despite how situational it it. It's a fantastic TD. Take it or leave it, good luck Scorp players!!

+1 WG. DAMN, that's 4.......



Gargoyle_UR #13 Posted Oct 24 2015 - 02:48

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 23063 battles
  • 334
  • [-UR] -UR
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

It sucks balls because it completely messes up all game play and any kind of balancing.

 

I'm with OP....please stop this crap.



Tazilon #14 Posted Oct 24 2015 - 20:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 94130 battles
  • 9,194
  • [-40-] -40-
  • Member since:
    09-02-2011

View Postshadevari, on Oct 23 2015 - 22:20, said:

 

 

 

 

 

I completely disagree, I think the rental deal is a fantastic marketing strategy for WG, as much as I hate saying that but it is. +1 WG

The original bundle thing is also a smart marketing strategy for WG. can't believe I said 2 positive things in a row to WG. +1 WG

Notice what happened to the KanPz after the bundle sale? It went on sale at a cheaper price NOT bundled almost immediately, after the bundle sale was over.

Now back to the rental deal, at lease you get to "try out/rent" the tank before you make the purchase. Nor do you have to wait for a test server to become available to try out the newer tanks, not that I believe the test server had the scorpion on it? Haven't done the last several test servers... Understand that there will be people that don't whine & cry about sale prices on it, so why not be 1 of the 1st ones to buy a brand new tank for people that have the extra $$ to spend on their own entertainment. After all it is people buying the bundles on the first several days with new tanks in them that keep the game free to everyone that doesn't spend money on Wargamming's websites.


 

I have pretty much EVERY tank in the game, almost every premium tank available after the Type59.

I LOVE THE NEW rental periods on premium tanks WG, +1 again!! DAMN that's 3 positive remarks towards WG, shame on me.

Keep it up WG I think this is a smart thing to do. I like the new direction you are going with the missions/rentals, don't like the damn domination rental deals, but I have every tier 10 in game but the new Jap Heavy.

It is a fact that you can't keep 100% of the people happy all the time, it's smart marketing money to keep the ones that spend money on your game happy!!!

Some will like it, some won't.


 

Anyway, back to my original point. Buy the bundle or not, take the chance that you will not be able to buy the tank by itself later on, I've got about 100 battles in the Scorpion since it's came out, I love it, despite how situational it it. It's a fantastic TD. Take it or leave it, good luck Scorp players!!

+1 WG. DAMN, that's 4.......

 

It is a horrible marketing idea - and even more poorly timed. Just as competition arrives, they start making their games as boring as possible by flooding them with the same tank for weeks on end.

 

Short term profit?  up.

Long term profut?  WAY down as players leave because they are tired of the non-stop effects of the money grab.

 

If you want to lose players, make the games more boring.   That is exactly what these events do.

 

If you want to let players try out premiums first, there are MUCH better ways to do it other than flooding games with the same tank for several weeks before switching to a new tank to flood.


Edited by Tazilon, Oct 24 2015 - 20:47.


Tazilon #15 Posted Oct 24 2015 - 20:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 94130 battles
  • 9,194
  • [-40-] -40-
  • Member since:
    09-02-2011

View PostHowitzerBlitzer, on Oct 23 2015 - 21:46, said:

 

More than 1/2 in one tank.

 

 

Just rack up the spotting damage against the new players, not that hard when they're in a KV-5.

 

The trouble with that idea is more than half my team are also in KV-5s and don't understand the concept of working with a Scout, so spots never get fired on.  People either flee the battle tiers which those tanks can play in or they only choose tanks which match up well against them.   But forcing players to only play a few tanks causes them to go check out other games - and many will end up leaving.   As I said - good short term profit - horrible long term profit.

Tazilon #16 Posted Oct 25 2015 - 04:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 94130 battles
  • 9,194
  • [-40-] -40-
  • Member since:
    09-02-2011
Just had 23 KV-5s in 1 game.  This is beyond stupid Wargaming.  Stop doing this to us.

RECON_RANGER #17 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 18:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 40572 battles
  • 2,014
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

View PostTazilon, on Oct 23 2015 - 22:34, said:

Please stop these rental events.  They are ruining the game.  Who wants to play a game with 10 e-25s, or 10 scorpions or now 15 KV-5s?

 

Once a year or so for a few days, I understand, but they are coming non-stop now.  When do we get to play the "real" game and not a warped version screwed up by your short-sighted money grabs?

 

 

I think the rentals are a FANTASTIC idea, GG WG. 

 

These rentals give players without the resources to buy prem tanks the opportunity to play prem tanks and generate some credits and then maybe purchase a prem tank they like that they have fun in.  I also think it made the gamplay more dynamic having 20 KV5s in a game, fun, fun and more fun, jut if u dont like it, then play tier 5 and u see no KV5s!!!!  Tazilon's secret hidden complaint is that the only tank he plays is a tier 6 light so he was stuck playing in games with KV5s.  Indeed, Tazilon has 75K games, 55k of them in one tank, the tier 6 VK 2801 (74% of his games r in this 1 tank), so, his real complaint is that he was stuck in games with KV5s while if I got tired of the KV5s I simply played other tanks like tier 9 arty to sit back and smash KV5s.  Indeed, i used this event to complete all the arty missions for the T28.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by MASTER_DEATHDEALER, Nov 03 2015 - 18:13.


Sukyake #18 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 18:30

    Captain

  • Players
  • 33096 battles
  • 1,384
  • [FURHQ] FURHQ
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012

View PostMASTER_DEATHDEALER, on Nov 03 2015 - 14:00, said:

 

I think the rentals are a FANTASTIC idea, GG WG. 

 

These rentals give players without the resources to buy prem tanks the opportunity to play prem tanks and generate some credits and then maybe purchase a prem tank they like that they have fun in.  

 

Simple fact; Tazilon has 75K games, 55k of them in one tank, the tier 6 VK 2801.  His top ten tanks played r all stat padding lights.  Indeed, his top 10 WN8 tanks r all lights.  He does not have unicum stats in any class of tanks other than lights.  Its not hard to be a UNICUM if all U play is stat padding tanks.

 

Well said...

 

The rentals are nice way to test drive tanks and evaluate if they worth the price accurately... (this is not very viable with test server non-sense scenario)

I love the fact that you can drive a tank that you don't have. It's amusing and refreshing to see something different happening in the server sometimes (especially with tanks that are not a common) .

 

"Tazilon has 75K games, 55k of them in one tank, the tier 6 VK 2801..." - What?

 

Daaaaaaaamn... >.>



aethervox #19 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 19:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 27023 battles
  • 2,845
  • [PFLL] PFLL
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

Since WG is a money making venture - they are going to try to make money.

Problem with WG is they are killing their golden goose, imho, but do they really care?

The principals are rich enough - eventually WoT will go the way of the Dodo.

Who will be harmed? Some of the staff and some of the player base who actually 'care'.

Won't matter - the owners will have screwed pretty much everyone while laughing all the way to the bank.



__WARDADDY_ #20 Posted Mar 04 2016 - 20:25

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 32816 battles
  • 2,994
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

View Postlemming_______chatoff, on Oct 23 2015 - 14:42, said:

If wargaming is basically making it more advantageous for you not to play on the weekend, i dont see why youre complaining

Adventures??? Not when you have 5 or 6 Bubs in tier 8 tanks on your teamfacepalmic.gif






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users