Clan league fun champions league challengers league art

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Valan #21 Posted Oct 27 2015 - 22:45

Major

• Players
  • 34661 battles

View Posttefftorbes, on Oct 27 2015 - 14:09, said:

Basically. I will say it's the best thing they have going these days, if recommend watching a stream our two if you can.

What was I most interested about in these Clan League Tournament matches? 

Timing, Initial Deployments (e.g. eyes where), Mass Tactics & Firing Angles Tactics.  

Timing? Frequently this is a common reason for a win or a defeat. Timing.  It's a bottleneck for a decision-making-cycle.

Initial Deployments? Set-up where, when, how a given team can adjust within a given time frame.  

Mass, Firing Angles Tactics?  Is one seeking to gain a positional and/or localized edge? Seeking to harass a D.P.M and/or a per Alpha Shell advantage?

Point is how to achieve a common team goal of surviving a match & winning it? 

As far as the commentary, perhaps the broadcast speaker can take a point of view as a National Media's Sports Networks do?

There's a difference between calling a broadcast from a point of view of one team or the other, versus calling a broadcast as a show.  

There's also a difference if one is only hearing a contest versus seeing and hearing a contest: Radio versus Television.  

Frequently in the Relic versus Havok game, it seemed as if one third caller was criticizing another caller... not giving the masses, both a play by play technical commentary & plus color commentary.   

Point of a broadcaster is to draw in the fans to keep them glued to the game, if one's seeking to sell ads to keep revenue coming in.

Felt as if the broadcast was marketed toward **other tournament battle callers**, not the casual masses.  

Granted this video game, frequently lacks the pauses other sports have, where each broadcaster role can easily switch off.  American Football has gap between each play's down. Baseball has gaps between each pitch, between each batter, and each team switching between defensive & offensive. Ditto Tennis, Basketball, Ice Hockey, Badminton et la.  Once a match starts in Clan League, it's a constant ongoing matches with little to no pauses -- so to allow the broadcaster's to switch off roles.  The only real pause in WoT Clan League Broadcasts is when a seven minute match ends, and a three minute gap appears.

Even a musical orchestra commonly has a pause been song pieces, so that the conductor has the option of having a discussion/commentary about a given topic with its audience.  Of course, there are other notable differences, which I'll not go into here, between WoT broadcasts with commentary & an orchestra conductor's interaction with an audience.   

Edit addition:  American Football Broadcasts typically also limited the amount of information given to their audience, in the areas of operational efficiency statistics and in terms of live video point of view.

1.  It's fairly rare to see a N.F.L game show the whole defensive backfield during a play.  Commonly the video point of view, is limited to seven to nine players, not all of them.   Ex-N.F.L players who later become broadcaster's have been known to ask for the full view video feed, and the N.F.L's head office does not allow it to be released for broadcast purposes.  That full video point of view, is limited for the teams uses only.  
  2. Secondly, operational efficiency statistics that can predict outcomes better than what the commonly published N.F.L statistics do, are not promoted by the sports broadcasters'.  The broadcasters' interest is to sell the big show, to build and grow an audience.  Promoting relatively accurate efficiency statistics, would give audiences an indication that there's little to no reason to show up.  Why? If one's team is bad, why would an casual fan show up to watch a foretold defeat?  Why pay out a loser?
  3. Thirdly, on the topic of matchmaking this Clan League tournament is doing something right. How? It places the best teams against the best teams.  Over time that's what can drive up ratings & casual interest.  For a casual fan, it great watch winners playing each other. Why? It's a great show.  

Moving on to casual games matchmaking, I do wish Wargaming Developers' would take a very close look at how the N.F.L creates a schedule.   What does the N.F.L schedule do? A portion of every team's yearly schedule is set-up to put losers versus losers, winners versus winners, average versus average.  Point being winner's versus winner's is great for broadcasting purposes, its' a strong narrative.  Allowing the worst to play the worst, allows those teams a better chance at becoming winners and creating positive momentum.   Even the rookie draft process is designed in a way, so that the worst teams have a chance at gaining better individual talent.  Meanwhile free agency allows individuals and teams to independently choose whom to work with.  

Presently, Wargaming's matchmaking system and business model is a free for all, designed around vehicles and battle tiers.  There is zero scarcity on clan creation. No real introduction process for WoT rookies into the game.  Frequently experienced players tend to create platoons based on 'statistical data' created by 3rd parties whom Wargaming Inc has outsourced & condoned.  That's a fashion model selection process for organizing platoons/clans/team battles/clan wars/strongholds et la, instead of a process emphasizing other qualities.  Which in turn promotes the creation of re-roll accounts, and persons with multiple identities.  Vehicle power creep becomes winning or losing factor. To the point that vehicles are akin to use of Speedo's LZR Elite swimsuit in competitions, which since have been banned by F.I.N.A Congress.  Overall, these factors have become negative factors for long term health of this video game's community I'd suggest.

Edited by Valan, Oct 27 2015 - 23:47.

Rockstarx1 #22 Posted Oct 27 2015 - 22:49

Captain

• ESL Employee
  • 33031 battles

View Poststeelrain97, on Oct 27 2015 - 12:16, said:

Mostly kidding, I have neither the ability nor desire to do what you are doing, so kudos to you for that. Also, I have watched every match from every Challenger's league steam either live, or that has been archived or published to Youtube from every streamer, including every one of your broadcasts, and most of them several times. So far, I have not detected any bias toward or against any clan from any streamer, including you and Spanish. You guys do tend to to be much more focused on negatives and mistakes than on what went well and why. While you do acknowledge things that worked, you will then break down every mistake/misplay from each side in great detail. Not so much during the broadcast but especially in your post battle breakdown. Obviously, not everything is always perfect, and I do not expect anyone to sugar coat anything, but your commentary is extremely focused on negatives and mistakes, hence my statement that you guys hate "everyone". Obviously you guys don't actually hate everyone. I am looking forward to reviewing your broadcast of our matches tomorrow evening against VPG.

Mistakes are normally what lose teams games. And with alot of clans in challengers, some more than others, they tend to lose games for themselves instead of the other team beating them. 

tefftorbes #23 Posted Oct 27 2015 - 23:14

Captain

• Players
  • 15004 battles

Don't compare the streams of these matches to nationally broadcast sports. 

This is some guy sitting at his computer -with a solid knowledge of the game but isn't a professional broadcaster in any way -/largely doing this because they enjoy the game. Calling out errors or missed opportunities is one of the best things they can do. They won't have the panache of a professional broadcaster though.

Also understand that, for example, the average guy in Foxey that is playing in these matches is probably a top 2% sort of player. If you're watching the NFL, you're looking at the top .01% playing each other. Simply put, the level of play is lower, and more mistakes are made. The difference between the top 2% and .1% is pretty significant! 

rwemyss #24 Posted Oct 27 2015 - 23:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31135 battles

View Postveganzombiez, on Oct 27 2015 - 15:37, said:

If they ever sign up for one so we can get them set up.

Ah vegan. Thought that had already been worked out. :)

RepsChung #25 Posted Oct 28 2015 - 00:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23020 battles
  • [TSWFT] TSWFT
If players still join can they recieve prizes? what is the final date? Please answer like whats the final date to receive prizes?

Edited by Comrade_Jeff, Oct 28 2015 - 00:12.

A_Cute_Girl #26 Posted Oct 28 2015 - 04:54

Major

• Players
  • 14717 battles
  • [SHOJO] SHOJO

View PostComrade_Jeff, on Oct 27 2015 - 19:10, said:

If players still join can they recieve prizes? what is the final date? Please answer like whats the final date to receive prizes?

November 8 is the last roster change deadline, so anyone who joins afterwards won't receive prizes most likely.

veganzombiez #27 Posted Oct 28 2015 - 23:18

Production

• Administrator
  • 14320 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostComrade_Jeff, on Oct 27 2015 - 15:10, said:

View PostShigure_Desu, on Oct 27 2015 - 19:54, said:

November 8 is the last roster change deadline, so anyone who joins afterwards won't receive prizes most likely.

^ Literally this.

EatsRocks #28 Posted Oct 29 2015 - 18:09

Captain

• Players
  • 15105 battles
  • [KANTO] KANTO
I was expecting foxey vs Relic to be closer...

rwemyss #29 Posted Oct 30 2015 - 00:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31135 battles

View PostYuudachi_Desu, on Oct 29 2015 - 12:09, said:

We wouldn't have lost a game if a couple of our e100s hadn't gone derpy in the middle of the himmels defense that we lost.

I didn't play so well last night either, so meh.

BoilerBandsman #30 Posted Oct 30 2015 - 01:25

Captain

• Players
  • 11391 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostYuudachi_Desu, on Oct 29 2015 - 12:09, said:

Highly recommend BUNNY vs HT if you're looking for a good match. It was broadcast by Inchon.  The two matches he screwed up are at about the 1:20 mark, if you want to preserve the sequence.

blackzaru #31 Posted Oct 30 2015 - 03:07

Major

• Players
  • 20578 battles
  • [UBH-T] UBH-T

I'll broadcast in french (or in English with a terrible french accent) if 2 clans accept to use french tanks only in a clash.

There will be baguettes giveaway and an abusive amount of wine drinking.

Inchon #32 Posted Oct 30 2015 - 03:28

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 24166 battles
  • [ESPRT] ESPRT

View PostBoilerBandsman, on Oct 30 2015 - 00:25, said:

Highly recommend BUNNY vs HT if you're looking for a good match. It was broadcast by Inchon.  The two matches he screwed up are at about the 1:20 mark, if you want to preserve the sequence.

That was a really good series. The battles that I messed up were added to the end of the 2nd broadcast. 

Georgietheprincess #33 Posted Oct 30 2015 - 18:42

Captain

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 34990 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
Bunny vs HT was incredibly entertaining. Weird unusual strats and comps and very close down to the wire games. Definitely a set I would watch.

XWHITE_DEVILX #34 Posted Oct 31 2015 - 07:48

Major

• 16601 battles

View PostGeorgietheprincess, on Oct 30 2015 - 11:42, said:

Bunny vs HT was incredibly entertaining. Weird unusual strats and comps and very close down to the wire games. Definitely a set I would watch.

I agree

Danksy #35 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 09:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35191 battles
  • [NICO] NICO
Any info on the clan camo from prizes? says 2 per nation, per person? and if you win playoffs another 2 per nation? so is this 2 diff kinds? and we will get 4 applications per nation? anyone have screenshots? is it going to be the green digital stuff or something new all together? Thanks!

EatsRocks #36 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 18:38

Captain

• Players
  • 15105 battles
  • [KANTO] KANTO
Bunny was so close to beating havok. Im not even sure what happened there.

Georgietheprincess #37 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 20:38

Captain

• 34990 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostYuudachi_Desu, on Nov 03 2015 - 12:38, said:

Bunny was so close to beating havok. Im not even sure what happened there.

Another set of really close and entertaining games from bunny, a pity the first 4 games weren't streamed as I'm sure they were just as interesting. Might it be possible for allu and rat to grab some replays of those sigfried games? Put it on youtube/twitch?

Edit: Bunny I think is one of the most interesting clans to watch as I feel they are the only clan in relegation currently that can lift themselves out of relegation, they have only one game that it incredibly unlikely for them to win (their game with relic) and everything else are teams they could beat. While unlikely if they get hot here in the last few weeks they could go to playoffs.

Edited by Georgietheprincess, Nov 03 2015 - 20:59.

map381 #38 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 22:16

Captain

• Players
  • 19140 battles
  • [REL_3] REL_3
BUNNY has the opposite schedule we had.  Start out easier, get harder.  

A_Cute_Girl #39 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 22:54

Major

• Players
  • 14717 battles
  • [SHOJO] SHOJO
Tbh im starting to worry about these prizes because the october income is literally irrelevant and we still dont understand the camo we'll get

Georgietheprincess #40 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 23:01

Captain

• 34990 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
First world problems

Also tagged with Clan league, fun, champions league, challengers league, art

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users