Object 416 tips, help please. Can't figure it out

object 416 tier 8 medium med 416 help tips

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

SuperTankDriver #1 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 12:20

Major

• Players
  • 20758 battles

I recently bought the object 416. I was pretty excited.

I have it fully upgraded and now grinding the 430 v2.

There is a problem however. I can't really figure out this tank.

The not-so-good accuracy and shell velocity doesn't allow me to snipe.

I can't get in close enough without getting ripped apart.

The gun depression is awful, though I can figure out that by hills.

Any tips and helps? Playstyles?

Treacherous_Neighbour #2 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 12:38

Captain

• Players
  • 26809 battles

Circon rates this as the best tier 8 tank - period.

He was even trolling his chat asking them to go to the forums and complain that it needs a buff, (cause it isnt broken OP enough.)

Most of his chat said they dislike it, and he demonstrated what this thing can do - repeatedly. He got High Calliber in a tier X fight on Kursk with it - probably the worst matchup on the worst map for the tank.

I will summarise how he plays it. Hit and run, he hangs back, waits for a tank to become oriented elsewhere, storms in fires a bit then gets the hell out, rinse repeat,

He kind of plays it identically to his batchat, trying his best not to get hit. and constantly keeping far back, then getting in real close and rotating to the rear. Its not like the t54 that can stand toe to toe with a Maus , this thing seems to work as a ninja.

He also did mention that you need to choose your targets carefully because of the dodgy gun depression.

Maybe he has some replays.

Disclaimer, its Circon, he could make an M3 look playable.

Edit : he also said the turret was really bouncy, he does play on EU, on NA with everyone spamming gold the turret armor means zero zip nada.

Edited by Cold_Hand_of_Death, Nov 03 2015 - 12:41.

SuperTankDriver #3 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 12:58

Major

• Players
  • 20758 battles

Yeah, but he's circon. I'm your average pubbie.

I am getting good damage games by staying back and not rushing in. It is helping me in keeping alive.

Treacherous_Neighbour #4 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 13:04

Captain

• Players
  • 26809 battles

View PostSuperTankDriver, on Nov 03 2015 - 12:58, said:

Yeah, but he's circon. I'm your average pubbie.

I am getting good damage games by staying back and not rushing in. It is helping me in keeping alive.

Lol, If its any consolation - if you played it even half as well as him you would still have purple 416 stats :)

SinsOfWrath #5 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 14:26

Major

• Players
  • 19917 battles
  • [CARTE] CARTE
The 416 is amazing!  It suffers from engine damage and fires if you don't watch that front.  It is a dedicated pain in the asset flanking tank.  With decent RoF and high Alpha for a tier 8 medium once you get those flanks you will almost wana stop shooting cause you feel bad.  

_Kiyo #6 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 15:08

Major

• Players
  • 41788 battles
  • [HIME] HIME

Sort of treat it like a TD with a turret and medium mobility.

A good balance of passive and aggressive play makes the tank.

memegene #7 Posted Jan 07 2016 - 17:36

Captain

• Players
  • 28951 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA
First it has WAY higher DPM than any other T8 med ~500 more 800 more than Pershing. While accuracy is a little lower its other gun handling stats are as good or better than its peers. Its mobility is decent. Its camo is off the charts. Its on the move camo is almost as good as the RU and WZ 132 stationary camo. 

Edited by meangean, Jan 07 2016 - 17:37.

Funkalicious #8 Posted Jan 07 2016 - 22:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 26348 battles
  • [27PZR] 27PZR

I love the Object 416. It's a strange, exotic creature that performs extremely well provided you exploit its strengths and take great care with its weaknesses.

You cannot be too aggressive with the Obj 416, especially in the early stages of a battle. It's a cheap shot ninja tank that requires careful handling and timing.  The formula that seems to work best for me is to race to a favorable camping/side scraping position (that doesn't exacerbate its horrible gun depression) and wait for the fun to unfold. Abuse its insane camo ratings by sniping mixed in with some peek a boom snapshots. Follow up with hit & run and flanking tactics once the enemy's ranks have been thinned.

Helpful tips.

- Let other tanks spot for you. If you're spotting for your team then be damn sure you can fire or retreat into cover without being detected or hit.

- This is one of the few tanks that allows you to snipe undetected from short-middling ranges. Abuses those bushes!  Remember the 15m rule and double bush whenever possible!

- Avoid hills!  The only time this tank works well on hilly terrain is when its rolling downhill or when it reverses up a for a snapshot to either side.

- Use cover. The Obj 416's ultra-low profile turns seemingly useless rubble and dead scout tanks into potential bunkers.

- Avoid poking your nose out for a snapshot because it will almost always result in a track or engine hit, especially when facing good players. Reversing into snapshots work best, preferably using an extreme side scrape technique.

- The Obj 416 has a nice, bouncy turret but pretend it has no armor at all. Only take a hit when you need to.

- When in wolfpacks but always let the better armored mediums be the tip of the spear.

- Be a pain in the [edited]. Clever tactics and a low profile allow you to get right up alongside large tanks with crappy gun depression and suffer no ill effects!

I run Vents, Rammer & Vstab.

FWIW I've got 120 battles in the Obj 416 with a ~61% WR and a WN8 of 2020 and do roughly 1500dmg/1 spot/1.28 kills per game. I'm far from a unicum but something just 'clicks' with me and this tank.

MisterBlister #9 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 15:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 30590 battles
  • [CA_QC] CA_QC

Simple:

Imagine UDES 03 and ELC AMX BIS made a little baby together, the result would be Obj 416

It plays like a mix of those.

I have a 3 MOE 416 and it's one of the very best T8 tanks

thehelmsman #10 Posted Jun 14 2018 - 19:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8370 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM

View PostFunkalicious, on Jan 07 2016 - 16:11, said:

I love the Object 416. It's a strange, exotic creature that performs extremely well provided you exploit its strengths and take great care with its weaknesses.

You cannot be too aggressive with the Obj 416, especially in the early stages of a battle. It's a cheap shot ninja tank that requires careful handling and timing.  The formula that seems to work best for me is to race to a favorable camping/side scraping position (that doesn't exacerbate its horrible gun depression) and wait for the fun to unfold. Abuse its insane camo ratings by sniping mixed in with some peek a boom snapshots. Follow up with hit & run and flanking tactics once the enemy's ranks have been thinned.

Helpful tips.

- Let other tanks spot for you. If you're spotting for your team then be damn sure you can fire or retreat into cover without being detected or hit.

- This is one of the few tanks that allows you to snipe undetected from short-middling ranges. Abuses those bushes!  Remember the 15m rule and double bush whenever possible!

- Avoid hills!  The only time this tank works well on hilly terrain is when its rolling downhill or when it reverses up a for a snapshot to either side.

- Use cover. The Obj 416's ultra-low profile turns seemingly useless rubble and dead scout tanks into potential bunkers.

- Avoid poking your nose out for a snapshot because it will almost always result in a track or engine hit, especially when facing good players. Reversing into snapshots work best, preferably using an extreme side scrape technique.

- The Obj 416 has a nice, bouncy turret but pretend it has no armor at all. Only take a hit when you need to.

- When in wolfpacks but always let the better armored mediums be the tip of the spear.

- Be a pain in the [edited]. Clever tactics and a low profile allow you to get right up alongside large tanks with crappy gun depression and suffer no ill effects!

I run Vents, Rammer & Vstab.

FWIW I've got 120 battles in the Obj 416 with a ~61% WR and a WN8 of 2020 and do roughly 1500dmg/1 spot/1.28 kills per game. I'm far from a unicum but something just 'clicks' with me and this tank.

Pretty much this, but I run optics for extra vision, so I can farm assist damage when I position properly. 416 has the best gun of any tier 8 medium tank, and also has great mobility and amazing camo to help you put that gun to work. It is hilarious to play and you don't even have to dab that 2 key all that much unless you get a map where you absolutely cannot find flank shots on anything.

--Helms

Mikosah #11 Posted Jul 05 2018 - 23:49

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles
The 416 is unique in that its essentially a TD that can run vertical stabilizers, which is very unusual. In fact, if not for the VC Firefly that was just released I'd say the 416 was the only tank that does this. The sort of positioning a 416 needs to do well is so eccentric because of its weird traits- the stealth and agility allow it to snipe and move, the stabilizer allows it to peek in an out of cover like a medium, and the HEAT allows it to engage just about anything. This is not a tank for the frugal, to be worthwhile you have to invest heavily into those HEAT shells and food. And even so, the uncomfortable gun depression and limited turret traverse are still going to be there. If you're committed to the hybrid playstyle then the performance is unrivaled, but otherwise you just have a very weird, expensive, and difficult tank on your hands.

Witchcraft_ #12 Posted Aug 25 2018 - 14:08

Private

• -Players-
  • 7012 battles
  • [KNGHT] KNGHT
I ground through the 416 to Obj 430 II. Full disclosure, I had a 3 skill crew in it (Commander had 4). Equip was rammer, coated optics and vstab. I used it as a long to mid range sniper early game and then close and cleanup late game. Yes, I found the accuracy frustrating at times. It was very RNG. I did not keep this tank because I have other tier 8's that I liked better but with patience it will get you through. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users