Clan Wars timezones, distribution of provinces

timezone europe

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

WotRngHacksLosers #1 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 13:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16607 battles

One year ago battles on global map were between 9,30pm EST(8.00 was the last chance to chip earlies timezone) and 11.30pm. I'm talking about battles for provinces, not landing and not encounters. That changed a few months ago with CW2.0, so clans could play clan wars at 6pm (5pm was last chance to set bet for the earliers timezones) to 10pm.

Because of that a few clans who were not able to participate in clan wars, finally could join global map battles(let's call them now Ultimate Conquest, to avoid stronghold misunderstanding). Im talking about some latino clans, RO, RO-TD, Universal Army, HUN and so on(mainly European clans).

After introducing seasons and operation safari NA staff rotated Ultimate Conquest timzones +1. As a result, now there are battles between 7-11pm. Because of that, some clans from Europe cannot play Ultimate Conquest again. Here comes my question and request.

Are there any plans to move timezones back to 6-10pm format? Or at least change timezone for some provinces (about 15) and move them one or even two hours earlier to 6pm(so clans can set bet only before 5pm)?

I'm asking on behalf of my clan P4NDA(at the moment im in Vilin but im using my friend account to control clan actions). We would like to start playing Ultimate Conquest around 20th November, but for now with these timezones its impossible. We are from Europe. I talked also with comander of RO clan (Romanians) and they also don't feel well with current timezones. There are a few other clans who would like to see that change.

There is another option instead of next timezone schift, just distribute provinces for more timezones than 5(7,8,9,10,11pm est). In that case we wouldn't take away provinces from Mongolians (11pm est) and we would get our 6 or even 5 pm EST. We do not need a lot, Just a few, just someting.

To highlight the importance of that case I will just calculate EST to European timezone. 7Pm EST is 1Am for the most countries in Europe. 6pm is midnight for us, 5pm is 11pm for us. During the week, working days its a huge difference. What follows, it's worth to think about people who do NOT live on NA/ SA continent.

I would not like to sound like overconfident person but, for haters of players from Europe, Asia and other continents: We play when you are working, we play when you sleep. We also maintain your servers :)

Sorry for any grammar mistakes.

Driftin #2 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 13:45

Major

• Players
  • 26912 battles
Nothing personal, but you can't expect WG to cater to European times on the NA server when you have your own server. That is why they have servers in different parts of the world, so the times roughly coincide with when people are available to play. This would be like someone in the US asking WG to change the times on EU or RU servers so we could play there.

Sid96 #3 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 13:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 19855 battles
  • [FERET] FERET
I don't mean to sound like an [edited]or anything, but isn't there a European server? If it is a concern for you to be playing clan wars so late, I'm sure that the clan wars times on that server are more suited to your needs

WotRngHacksLosers #4 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 13:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16607 battles

I know that I should not request for that. Anyway I think that giving us a few provinces cannot hit you much, because there are clans who have 15provinces....

I've created here account at http://worldoftanks.com/ in 2011, at the time there was no notification that I'm playing at NA so I should move to EU website. As a noob I didn't know about cws and huge content of this game(you know, you are downloading game which looks good and u just play). With a time, when it was too late I understood that it might not work well. I think that I was not the only one person who behaved like that. We have never had an offer to transfer our accounts to other servers. Who would like to start again and grind all the stuff. I guess only few players.

TheGame__ #5 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 13:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36774 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

See if you can swap your account to EU Server? 

Is that even a thing? Ive never gone off NA server.

WotRngHacksLosers #6 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 14:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16607 battles
NA community is more kind for people and more funny than cummunities at other servers. I've found here many nice e-friends (lol). Some of those who live in Poland I even met in real life. Na is also the only server where we can experience tournaments. The server is not wrong, its the best. The people are not wrong. Just these timezones :(

PUNISHER989 #7 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 14:08

Major

• Players
  • 26501 battles

View PostDriftin, on Nov 03 2015 - 14:45, said:

Nothing personal, but you can't expect WG to cater to European times on the NA server when you have your own server. That is why they have servers in different parts of the world, so the times roughly coincide with when people are available to play. This would be like someone in the US asking WG to change the times on EU or RU servers so we could play there.

The reason why they do actually cater for them is actually the pop on the NA server is MUCH smaller than the EU and so is best to cater for them when they bolster the pop and thus reduce time it takes games being put together. (MM pending)

PUNISHER989 #8 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 14:16

Major

• Players
  • 26501 battles

View PostGeoMight, on Nov 03 2015 - 15:07, said:

NA community is more kind for people and more funny than cummunities at other servers. I've found here many nice e-friends (lol). Some of those who live in Poland I even met in real life. Na is also the only server where we can experience tournaments. The server is not wrong, its the best. The people are not wrong. Just these timezones :(

Wish we had more people like you. 

To be honest, I hope they make a singular global map (that joins all 3 servers CW maps) which would cover every time zone, 

Being south African, that would be great. being up at 12 till 2am kinda makes the week go slow.

Driftin #9 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 14:35

Major

• Players
  • 26912 battles

View PostPUNISHER989, on Nov 03 2015 - 08:08, said:

The reason why they do actually cater for them is actually the pop on the NA server is MUCH smaller than the EU and so is best to cater for them when they bolster the pop and thus reduce time it takes games being put together. (MM pending)

But by changing times to accommodate them, they would end up making it times the NA population couldn't play. Which would lead to even less people playing. I have no problem with people playing on whatever server they like, but you can't leave out the majority of your player base just to accommodate a small group of people from around the world.

PUNISHER989 #10 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 14:56

Major

• Players
  • 26501 battles

View PostDriftin, on Nov 03 2015 - 15:35, said:

But by changing times to accommodate them, they would end up making it times the NA population couldn't play. Which would lead to even less people playing. I have no problem with people playing on whatever server they like, but you can't leave out the majority of your player base just to accommodate a small group of people from around the world.

you telling me you cant make 6PM?

Are you saying a change of one hour is going to render the majority from playing?

Driftin #11 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 15:06

Major

• Players
  • 26912 battles

View PostPUNISHER989, on Nov 03 2015 - 08:56, said:

you telling me you cant make 6PM?

Are you saying a change of one hour is going to render the majority from playing?

No I couldn't make 6pm. I am not usually home by then. And if traffic sucks, 7pm can be hard to make.

It could take quite a few people out. Alot of people work til 5-6pm and barely make it for the 7pm starts. Then you have west coast people which 6pm eastern becomes 3 pm. They have enough trouble making the 8-9 pm eastern events. I'm sorry, it's nothing personal, but this is the NA server and events are set for NA timezones. I just don't think there are enough europeans here for WG to risk losing any of it's players that the server was designed around.

Edited by Driftin, Nov 03 2015 - 15:08.

kebab6597 #12 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 15:08

Major

• Players
  • 56798 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostAxxecc_, on Nov 03 2015 - 12:59, said:

See if you can swap your account to EU Server? 

Is that even a thing? Ive never gone off NA server.

Sadly they wont allow EU based players to transfer to the EU server from the NA server we have been asking for atleast 3 years and they still wont allow it despite doing 5 server transfers from the RU. EU and NA server when they needed to populate the SEA server

WotRngHacksLosers #13 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 15:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16607 battles

View Postkebab6597, on Nov 03 2015 - 15:08, said:

Sadly they wont allow EU based players to transfer to the EU server from the NA server we have been asking for atleast 3 years and they still wont allow it despite doing 5 server transfers from the RU. EU and NA server when they needed to populate the SEA server

And it won't happen, while NA needs to keep current people playing and get new players, EU and RU are overpopulated.

PUNISHER989 #14 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 15:16

Major

• Players
  • 26501 battles

View PostDriftin, on Nov 03 2015 - 16:06, said:

No I couldn't make 6pm. I am not usually home by then. And if traffic sucks, 7pm can be hard to make.

It could take quite a few people out. Alot of people work til 5-6pm and barely make it for the 7pm starts. Then you have west coast people which 6pm eastern becomes 3 pm. They have enough trouble making the 8-9 pm eastern events. I'm sorry, it's nothing personal, but this is the NA server and events are set for NA timezones. I just don't think there are enough europeans here for WG to risk losing any of it's players that the server was designed around.

Well like above post states, your server is under populated, if we all picked up and left, you would have hell of time trying to get matches in pubs. but anyways, there is always space to add more provinces for this.

Driftin #15 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 15:19

Major

• Players
  • 26912 battles

View PostPUNISHER989, on Nov 03 2015 - 09:16, said:

Well like above post states, your server is under populated, if we all picked up and left, you would have hell of time trying to get matches in pubs. but anyways, there is always space to add more provinces for this.

I wouldn't want to see the server population drop, but many times I play in the middle of the night when the population is only 5k and I still don't wait in queue even a minute. Usually only 30 seconds or so. And you aren't going to help the population grow when you start cutting out the people it was made for. It would shrink even faster.

atlin #16 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 16:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 42482 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE
OP, I have to strongly argue against you. If anything WG needs to make the matches later not earlier. Those of us on the west coast can barely participate in Clan Wars as it is. The NA map has 5 time zones; of which those people in the pacific time zone with 9-5 jobs can play in only the last two. If WG shifts everything forward then we are left with 1 timezone for a fairly hefty player base. The matches need to be shifted back so that west coast players have 3 landing times to reasonably work with. Sorry but WGNA's focus needs to be on their North American player's and not the Europeans who wish to play on the NA servers.

FeelMy_APCR #17 Posted Nov 03 2015 - 17:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32115 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

While the transfer of accounts would be a solution, it was asked way too many times and unfortunately will not happen any time soon.

Adding more provinces for even sooner time zones could help, but then WG would have to pay out much more gold and that's probably why it won't happen either.:coin:

Asking for an hour sooner? Would it do much? Playing tanks at 1 AM (currently 2 AM) is not something my clan mates want to do. And I'm sure not only them. Although, that's better than nothing.

To me, this seems like a dead end. But yes, I'd like to see at least one of the above changes, but what are the chances...

(I made an account on NA server because of friends and the fact that the player-base is much better).

__Worm__ #18 Posted Nov 04 2015 - 00:26

Major

• Players
  • 33255 battles
  • [PYRMD] PYRMD

View PostDriftin, on Nov 03 2015 - 07:06, said:

bold and underlined for effect

+1 Drift

WotRngHacksLosers #19 Posted Nov 04 2015 - 11:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16607 battles

View Post__Worm__, on Nov 04 2015 - 00:26, said:

bold and underlined for effect

+1 Drift

If You read cautiously that what I have written, You see that my point isn't to remove you guys from Ultimate Conquest. Just move 2/3 provinces per timezone(=10-15 provinces) to 1 earlier timezone/ we can do it even twice adding one timezone earlier and one later. It will hit only clans with 10provinces+. Because they cannot afford defending their provinces in the same time. I see agreement between people from westcoast and europe, we agree that current distibution of provinces is not optimal.

WotRngHacksLosers #20 Posted Nov 09 2015 - 20:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16607 battles
Can any person from WG say something about the related issue? You probably know the numbers better and you have heard more people' voices than these here.

Also tagged with timezone, europe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users