Aiming Recticule Freezes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Iron_Mercer #1 Posted Jul 07 2011 - 02:48

Private

• Players
  • 7088 battles
  • [CHEK6] CHEK6
Lately I have been noticing that my aiming recticule does not actually start to aim (close in) after I have been moving (even a little movement). I have to shake the mouse to make the aiming recticule shift before it will actually begin aiming/tightening the shot group). If I still really still it may start to tighten on its own after about 10 seconds (an eternity when you are exposing yourself to enemy fire). This is happening on all of my tanks, so it is not specific to the tank or gear I have equipped. I know it has to be a bug because this only recently started happening and I've been playing for months.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem or know of a fix?

Sparky630 #2 Posted Jul 07 2011 - 04:04

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4940 battles
could it be your mouse or maybe your not playing on a mousepad?

konigwolf13 #3 Posted Jul 07 2011 - 12:31

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 7711 battles
I would suggest possibly your mouse. I had same problem from time to time before I switched my mouse (it kept double left clicking from one click). Hasn't happened with new mouse.

Iron_Mercer #4 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 21:24

Private

• Players
  • 7088 battles
  • [CHEK6] CHEK6
It's absolutely not my mouse. I only mentioned shaking the mouse to try to convey that you have to move the aiming recticule to make it wake up and start to tighten the shot...it has nothing to do with hardware..this is an in-game bug where the action to aim does not respond in the programming after the tank has been moving.  This is a big problem as without aiming the game is basically unplayable. The only hope at getting a shot off is at extreme long range where you can hopefully take the time to wait for the program to respond before firing. With the aiming recticule locked up I can be point blank on a tank (filling the recticule) and every shot is a guaranteed miss. That's if you aren't shot first due to waiting on the delay.

Iron_Mercer #5 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 21:31

Private

• Players
  • 7088 battles
  • [CHEK6] CHEK6
The only thing I can possibly link this to is bad programming in the settings for your aiming recticule. I did not have this problem before I decided to try out some different aiming cursors (normal game settings). This started to happen after that and then I reset all those options back to the default but the aiming freeze continues.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users