Addressing Rigging

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
545 replies to this topic

Poll: Community Opinion (501 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

What punishment should those that willingly and blatantly engaged in rigging be given?

1. 1 Day Ban (11 votes [2.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.20%

2. Voted 7 Day Ban (49 votes [9.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.78%

3. Voted 1 Month Ban (93 votes [18.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.56%

4. Voted 6 Months Ban (48 votes [9.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.58%

5. 1 Year Ban (28 votes [5.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.59%

6. Voted Permanent Ban (130 votes [25.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.95%

7. Voted No Punishment (142 votes [28.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.34%

What punishment should those that unknowingly (or weren't directly involved) in rigging be given?

1. Voted 1 Day Ban (55 votes [10.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.98%

2. 7 Day Ban (71 votes [14.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.17%

3. Voted 1 Month Ban (41 votes [8.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.18%

4. 6 Months Ban (14 votes [2.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.79%

5. 1 Year Ban (14 votes [2.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.79%

6. Permanent Ban (35 votes [6.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.99%

7. Voted No Punishment (271 votes [54.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.09%

Should those involved with rigging in any shape or form be banned from Wargaming E-Sports (Including but not limited to Leagues, Tournaments, etc.)?

1. Voted Yes, for 6 months. (75 votes [14.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.97%

2. Voted Yes, for 1 year. (58 votes [11.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.58%

3. Yes, for 2 years. (6 votes [1.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.20%

4. Voted Yes, Permanently. (182 votes [36.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.33%

5. Voted No. (180 votes [35.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.93%

Vote Hide poll

Blackgunner #1 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 20:40

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13882 battles
  • [JMO-H] JMO-H

It has recently come to my attention that people have grown increasingly aggitated by the act of other users 'rigging' a game mode for a specific tank.

More details can be found here: http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.co.nz/2015/11/mission-rigging-letters-from-banned.html

As a member of this community I want answers just as much as everyone else does.  I do want justice just as much as everyone else does.

I have made abundantly clear my feelings on the topic in other threads; the main one being this:

----------------------------------

Let me be clear once again; anyone that participated in the rigging of the game mode / missions; in any way, shape, or form; should be punished to the full extent allowed by Wargaming, Permanent Bans.  Any clans of any caliber found participating in the rigging of the game mode / missions should be permanently disbanded, and all involved permanently banned.

The depth and scope of this goes far beyond your simple 'reroll' or such.  Rerolls don't really have any downsides or impacts on the game itself.  These people willingly and blatantly conspired to exploit and undermine the very game itself; the very game modes themselves; to achieve their own ends by illegitiment means.  This is even worse than illegal mods; this is actually committing a crime against the entirety of the game itself.  This is like first degree murder.

There is no excuse for rigging; you willingly conspired and exploited a game by means that in any other way, would not be possible; and you should be permabanned for it.  There was no entrapment by Wargaming; the missions were made inherently hard because they were for a Tier X tank usually only attainable by Clan Wars.  There are no laws or rules that would adequately suit a crime of this magnitude; therefore I petition that all involved be permabanned in recompense.

Fin.

----------------------------------

However I am not without heart.  I do understand that some were dragged into this issue by pure chance.  Some may not have even been aware of their crime.  The question that remains now; is what does the community want done?  I do not believe that Wargaming North America should be solely responsible for the actions that are taken in response to this.  This event has impacted the entire community as a whole on a depth and scope that no past event has.  This is an attack on the very existence of our community as a whole.  As such I believe it should be up to the community to decide what happens to those that have transgressed.  Not a marketing team, or a developer team.  Us; the ones who are impacted most by this event.

I do ask you to keep in mind; some weren't aware of their crime when they committed it.  Many of these people are people who have dedicated hundreds, even thousands of manhours in World of Tanks.  Keep in mind the scope and depth of their crime before passing judgement.

Obviously, anyone that participated in the rigging would have the reward tank removed.

Edited by Blackgunner, Nov 30 2015 - 20:48.

_DANARCHY_ #2 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 20:44

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25476 battles

is this one of the many references you care to bring to the forefront?

http://ritastatusrep...rom-banned.html

Shishkebab2 #3 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 20:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20818 battles
  • [-TRP-] -TRP-
The butthurt is strong with this one

heavymetal1967 #4 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 20:48

Major

• Players
  • 71973 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Doesn't matter what we want done tbh.  WG EU has spoken and set precedence.  And if what I read is correct it's a one week ban, no mission progress removed or reset and they keep that tank.

Hardly punishment that's a deterrent nor just.   Just window dressing because the rigging that's been done and I'm guessing from posts over the past few days is still occuring is so in blatantly in your face that they feel they have to address it.  At least on EU.

TheGhostCat #5 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 20:50

Major

• Players
  • 20380 battles
  • [LAMDA] LAMDA

No punishment - period.

WG should pull the missions out from this mode.  Players will find a way - WG simply never considered that no one plays this mode just for the fun of it -EVERYONE was playing for reward. The missions for this mode were simply bad.

Qualm #6 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 20:51

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19184 battles

I predict absolutely no banning at all will happen on the NA servers.

Look, we all know that WG-NA is aware of this problem.  I assume they have had many interesting internal discussions about it, and consulted with Minsk at length.  And have concluded, for now at least, that they are going to wait and say nothing and hope that this all disappears, forgotten in the apathy that eventually triumphs over almost all internet gaming issues.

Blackgunner #7 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 20:52

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13882 battles
  • [JMO-H] JMO-H

View PostQualm, on Nov 30 2015 - 14:51, said:

I predict absolutely no banning at all will happen on the NA servers.

Look, we all know that WG-NA is aware of this problem.  I assume they have had many interesting internal discussions about it, and consulted with Minsk at length.  And have concluded, for now at least, that they are going to wait and say nothing and hope that this all disappears, forgotten in the apathy that eventually triumphs over almost all internet gaming issues.

Then I will personally make sure by keeping it fresh in everyones minds; for all those that have been impacted by this tragic event; that justice does come.

Edited by Blackgunner, Nov 30 2015 - 20:53.

Captain_Tomato #8 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 20:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14031 battles

[content moderated - Promoting EULA violations]

-Grimpoteuthis 

rapickering #9 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 20:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21188 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

I care nothing about a T-22 or any other reward tank, so please don't call me a whiner or hater. I play for fun and the occasional competition. I hate to hear of or see cheaters/riggers as it takes away from the game. Anyone found to have gained any reward from dishonest means should have that reward removed and then banned permanently. That goes for a member of a top clan, e-sports player, reroll or newcomer.

Maybe not the best comparison, but take the Olympic athlete that tests positive for performance enhancing drugs (isn't that cheating/rigging?). They strip them of their medals and ban them from future competition.

Warhorse01 #10 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 20:54

Major

• Players
  • 40662 battles

View Postheavymetal1967, on Nov 30 2015 - 13:48, said:

Doesn't matter what we want done tbh.  WG EU has spoken and set precedence.  And if what I read is correct it's a one week ban, no mission progress removed or reset and they keep that tank.

Hardly punishment that's a deterrent nor just.   Just window dressing because the rigging that's been done and I'm guessing from posts over the past few days is still occuring is so in blatantly in your face that they feel they have to address it.  At least on EU.

Kind of hard to punish people severely when your losing a little of your player base weekly, the player base that is rigging are what makes up the most active players in the game and these players usually spend quite a bit of money on the game. If the punishment is to harsh they will move on to one of the other games out there.

SPACEDUDE71 #11 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 20:57

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 12114 battles
Do what u want, when u want, how u want. Wg wont do and cant do much. There is no anti cheat program for cheaters. And missions are so hard, even people that use cheats cant even finish them.

Kawaii_Anime_Girl #12 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 20:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17605 battles

7 week ban for whatever, remove the tank from garages if you want but only if they also remove the missions and the mode from the game (i.e. fix the goddamn problem).

Also, the only "agitated" people I've seen have been here in GD. Like, I'm not even sure you guys are in the majority.

Quaasar #13 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 20:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 8719 battles

No punishment.

WG are the ones who created this chaotic situation.

Rigging is just the natural reaction of the players to the impossible missions and the 1hour long queue times in a game mode that no one is playing anymore

If someone has to be punished in this it's wargaming.

WhineMaker #14 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 20:59

Major

• Players
  • 38029 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostWarhorse01, on Nov 30 2015 - 11:54, said:

Kind of hard to punish people severely when your losing a little of your player base weekly, the player base that is rigging are what makes up the most active players in the game and these players usually spend quite a bit of money on the game. If the punishment is to harsh they will move on to one of the other games out there.

This portion of rigging/cheating players, we are much better off without them.

Warhorse01 #15 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 21:02

Major

• Players
  • 40662 battles

View PostBlackgunner, on Nov 30 2015 - 13:52, said:

Then I will personally make sure by keeping it fresh in everyones minds; for all those that have been impacted by this tragic event; that justice does come.

LOL, now this is funny. What is tragic? Are you seriously that much of a drama queen? You are confused, the large clans are the active player base and most players aren't even interested in these matches because it costs to many credits or if clans aren't trying to rig them you can never get into a match. There is never more than 5 to 10 people in que. There is nothing tragic about it and the only impact I have seen is the opportunity to get in and get missions done when they fail. 

Ajax1170 #16 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 21:03

Captain

• Players
  • 43475 battles
  • [HACKD] HACKD

View PostBlackgunner, on Nov 30 2015 - 19:52, said:

I feel like I'm watching "A Few Good Men" and Im just waiting for the punch line. lol 

GS_G3K #17 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 21:03

Major

• Players
  • 23395 battles
  • [I_R_S] I_R_S

They probably rig other stuff if they rig this, so keep that in mind. (EDIT: This has been my experience dealing with people who cheat the system for personal gain, obviously it won't apply to everyone.)

Take the tank away and shutdown the game mode.

Don't really care about eSport thing as I don't watch or participate.

I think perma ban is a bit harsh....

Doesn't matter though, nothing will be done.

Ajax1170 #18 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 21:05

Captain

• Players
  • 43475 battles
  • [HACKD] HACKD

View PostWarhorse01, on Nov 30 2015 - 20:02, said:

LOL, now this is funny. What is tragic? Are you seriously that much of a drama queen? You are confused, the large clans are the active player base and most players aren't even interested in these matches because it costs to many credits or if clans aren't trying to rig them you can never get into a match. There is never more than 5 to 10 people in que. There is nothing tragic about it and the only impact I have seen is the opportunity to get in and get missions done. 

Thousands died to terrorists last week and there are hundreds of thousands of women and children being used as sex slaves all over the world right now. 

But this failed game mode and mission set is the true tragedy. 

TheGhostCat #19 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 21:06

Major

• Players
  • 20380 battles
  • [LAMDA] LAMDA

View PostAjax1170, on Nov 30 2015 - 21:03, said:

I feel like I'm watching "A Few Good Men" and Im just waiting for the punch line. lol 

OP considers himself the 'moral core' of the forums

Warhorse01 #20 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 21:06

Major

• Players
  • 40662 battles

View PostClickez4Fun, on Nov 30 2015 - 13:59, said:

This portion of rigging/cheating players, we are much better off without them.

This is a business. You might feel your better off with out the paying customers that make this game free for others, I think WG feels a different way about it.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users