Addressing Rigging

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
545 replies to this topic

Poll: Community Opinion (501 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

What punishment should those that willingly and blatantly engaged in rigging be given?

1. 1 Day Ban (11 votes [2.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.20%

2. Voted 7 Day Ban (49 votes [9.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.78%

3. Voted 1 Month Ban (93 votes [18.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.56%

4. Voted 6 Months Ban (48 votes [9.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.58%

5. 1 Year Ban (28 votes [5.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.59%

6. Voted Permanent Ban (130 votes [25.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.95%

7. Voted No Punishment (142 votes [28.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.34%

What punishment should those that unknowingly (or weren't directly involved) in rigging be given?

1. Voted 1 Day Ban (55 votes [10.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.98%

2. 7 Day Ban (71 votes [14.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.17%

3. Voted 1 Month Ban (41 votes [8.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.18%

4. 6 Months Ban (14 votes [2.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.79%

5. 1 Year Ban (14 votes [2.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.79%

6. Permanent Ban (35 votes [6.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.99%

7. Voted No Punishment (271 votes [54.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.09%

Should those involved with rigging in any shape or form be banned from Wargaming E-Sports (Including but not limited to Leagues, Tournaments, etc.)?

1. Voted Yes, for 6 months. (75 votes [14.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.97%

2. Voted Yes, for 1 year. (58 votes [11.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.58%

3. Yes, for 2 years. (6 votes [1.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.20%

4. Voted Yes, Permanently. (182 votes [36.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.33%

5. Voted No. (180 votes [35.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.93%

Vote Hide poll

Ripping #41 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 21:26

Captain

• Players
  • 18567 battles
  • [MOGS] MOGS

View PostX7thpanzerdivisionX, on Nov 30 2015 - 20:52, said:

if  missions were not impossible to do. then most clans would not do this. as of right now with current setup of rampage i support rigging it.

They do not have to do the missions !!

cloudwalkr #42 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 21:27

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56092 battles

View PostWarhorse01, on Nov 30 2015 - 21:23, said:

Yes you are correct, they can shut the game down at any time legally. That is NOT what I said now is it? 

What he is saying is that you don't "own" anything in your garage or game files.  You basically "rent" tanks when you buy them.  WG can change them, take them away, do whatever they want to them and your account without your knowledge and or acceptance.  You own nothing.

Steamboat_Willy_Sr #43 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 21:28

Major

• Players
  • 39723 battles
  • [FTRP] FTRP

View PostWarhorse01, on Nov 30 2015 - 12:13, said:

I don't feel anyone should be held to higher standards. Everyone should be treated equally. After all those in the top clans and sports figures all put their pants on the same way as I do. 1 leg at a time. 

You really think that blatant cheating/rigging by WGL players isn't going set a negative example for the rest of us when WG goes out of their way  to promote league play and hold them in such high esteem? 

You must be one of those who think the end justifies the means, get to the top any way possible.  We as a community need to feel confident that our top players are there because they are the most skilled and didn't attain status through dubious methods.

WG may or may not deal with this issue in a way that seems satisfactory, what happens after that decision is made may or may not involve unintended consequences that could impact the game and it's players.  Personally, I don't really care one way or another because it's not my decision to make, if it was, I would want a punishment that discouraged future cheating/rigging and to do that, it would have to be what many around here would consider too severe, but those are mostly involved in this issue anyhow so they have little credibilty left at this point.

Edited by Steamboat_Willy_Sr, Nov 30 2015 - 21:31.

Warhorse01 #44 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 21:30

Major

• Players
  • 40662 battles

View Postcloudwalkr, on Nov 30 2015 - 14:27, said:

What he is saying is that you don't "own" anything in your garage or game files.  You basically "rent" tanks when you buy them.  WG can change them, take them away, do whatever they want to them and your account without your knowledge and or acceptance.  You own nothing.

Yes, I get this as well. This is what gives them the right to shut the game down without having to refund a single nickel at any time. 

Captain_Tomato #45 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 21:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14031 battles

View PostRipping, on Nov 30 2015 - 12:26, said:

They do not have to do the missions !!

But people want to have the Tank and only real way to do it is to rig it

GS_G3K #46 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 21:33

Major

• Players
  • 23390 battles
  • [I_R_S] I_R_S

View PostWarhorse01, on Nov 30 2015 - 14:23, said:

Yes you are correct, they can shut the game down at any time legally. That is NOT what I said now is it? 

Yeah they can also do whatever they want to your account with no recourse. 

Maybe you should take a reading comprehension class then go over that EULA you signed.

Or you can continue spouting uninformed statements like an entitled little brat.

Figure you will choose the latter so have fun trying to take them to court hahaha.

GS_G3K #47 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 21:35

Major

• Players
  • 23390 battles
  • [I_R_S] I_R_S

View Postcloudwalkr, on Nov 30 2015 - 14:27, said:

Somebody gets it. ^

At least there's some people here that know what an EULA is.

Warhorse01 #48 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 21:36

Major

• Players
  • 40662 battles

View PostSteamboat_Willy_Sr, on Nov 30 2015 - 14:28, said:

You really think that blatant cheating/rigging by WGL players isn't going set a negative example for the rest of us when WG goes out of their way  to promote league play and hold them in such high esteem? 

You must be one of those who think the end justifies the means, get to the top any way possible.  We as a community need to feel confident that our top players are there because they are the most skilled and didn't attain status through dubious methods.

WG may or may not deal with this issue in a way that seems satisfactory, what happens after that decision is made may or may not involve unintended consequences that could impact the game and it's players.  Personally, I don't really care one way or another because it's not my decision to make, if it was, I would want a punishment that discouraged future cheating/rigging and to do that, it would have to be want many around here would consider too severe, but those are mostly involved in this issue anyhow so they have little credibilty left at this point.

Do not judge me, you don't know me and therefore anything you say is based on ignorance.

Saying that they shouldn't be held to higher standards doesn't condone rigging or cheating. Everyone should be held accountable for their actions regardless of who they are or what they are good at. The punishment should be no different if your in the best clan in NA or worst. No one should be held to higher standards just because they are better than most at a computer game. 

Warhorse01 #49 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 21:41

Major

• Players
  • 40662 battles

View PostGS_G3K, on Nov 30 2015 - 14:33, said:

Yeah they can also do whatever they want to your account with no recourse. 

Maybe you should take a reading comprehension class then go over that EULA you signed.

Or you can continue spouting uninformed statements like an entitled little brat.

Figure you will choose the latter so have fun trying to take them to court hahaha.

Here we go with the childish little insults. 

I have done quite a bit of reading. This in neither here nor there. I have no intent on holding a discussion with someone that wants to act like a 15 year old. 

WangOnTheLoose #50 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 21:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 28613 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

Obviously cheating is wrong and rigging games to finish missions is cheating.  However, people should not be banned forever they should get something more reasonable along the lines of 1-4 week bans depending on what actually happened.  Then they should have the reward tank taken away and lose the ability to get it back.  That is fair.

After that is done WG should change the missions so that they can actually be done..... and while they are at it they can change the earnings on the modes so that people can actually earn silver while playing.  Wow such novel ideas I have.

Bottom line is that this was easily foreseeable by WG and now they need to fix it the right way.

SymbiosisBC #51 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 21:53

Major

• Players
  • 18858 battles

View PostCatManDoob, on Nov 30 2015 - 13:15, said:

Why do we get banned for Tk'ing, that's what I want to know. If this is no biggie about rigging missions then why is tk'ing someone an issue.

I don't see them being very far from each other.

You get banned for TKing for acting like a five year old who hasn't learned to control his emotions.  TKing is an emotional response to an aggravating situation.

Cheating is a premeditated act with the intent of using an unfair advantage to gain a reward -- in this case, winning battles (for a reward tank).

If you truly have difficulty in seeing the difference between these two completely different situations, well, the question you should be asking just might require a professional...

Just sayin'...

SymbiosisBC #52 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 21:55

Major

• Players
  • 18858 battles

View PostCatManDoob, on Nov 30 2015 - 13:15, said:

Why do we get banned for Tk'ing, that's what I want to know. If this is no biggie about rigging missions then why is tk'ing someone an issue.

I don't see them being very far from each other.

You get banned for TKing for acting like a five year old who hasn't learned to control his emotions.  TKing is an emotional response to an aggravating situation.

Cheating is a premeditated act with the intent of using an unfair advantage to gain a reward -- in this case, winning battles (for a reward tank).

If you truly have difficulty in seeing the difference between these two completely different situations, well, the question you should be asking just might require a professional...

Just sayin'...

Captain_Tomato #53 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 22:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14031 battles

View PostSymbiosisBC, on Nov 30 2015 - 12:53, said:

Just sayin'...

how's that  cheating when it is the Only way to win. lets say someone has godmode hack and only way to kill that person is via a game exploit, is it cheating to use that on tanker whose using god mode,

JA_Pinkerton #54 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 22:00

Major

• Players
  • 32771 battles
You are missing the obivous answer : remove the T-22 and reset all missions for those users.

CatManDoob #55 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 22:06

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 48214 battles
  • [COLD1] COLD1

View PostSymbiosisBC, on Nov 30 2015 - 15:53, said:

Just sayin'...

Meh, I was meaning more principle of the matter, in one you're cheating a match by opposing sides working together for a reward, the other you're cheating your team out of a fair match.

In the balance of fair team play the basic principle is being broke, results are way different for sure.

Also, TK'ing isn't an emotional response, honestly have no idea why you would think that is the only case for it. Granted most cases can show it is for that reason, that doesn't mean it's the only reason.

Kind of like the different reasons you are using to justify rigging the matches. One reason is in response to WG making them so hard, you are so aggravated like a 5 year old you start rigging the matches so you can achieve them.

But you can think what you want, it might require a professional to help you think though.

Just sayin'....

JA_Pinkerton #56 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 22:09

Major

• Players
  • 32771 battles

View PostWangOnTheLoose, on Nov 30 2015 - 15:41, said:

After that is done WG should change the missions so that they can actually be done.....

The problem isn't only that some of the missions are vanishingly hard.  The problem is that Rampage is mind-numbingly boring and the T-22 sr looks like a very sweet tank.  I have no problem grinding pub battles for a few months to get a T-55a.  I'm fighting Random battles 2-5 hours daily anyway.  But doing the same in Rampage?  Not a chance.

WhineMaker #57 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 22:14

Major

• Players
  • 37684 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostX7thpanzerdivisionX, on Nov 30 2015 - 13:00, said:

how's that  cheating when it is the Only way to win. lets say someone has godmode hack and only way to kill that person is via a game exploit, is it cheating to use that on tanker whose using god mode,

Do you have to cheat/rig the missions to be able to continue playing the game?

Is WG stopping your game client if you do not possess the pixel reward tank?

Are you lacking in any semblance of integrity and maturity, that you see cheating/rigging as fair gameplay?

But please, continue with the pathetic excuse that WG made the missions too hard for you, and because of that, you need to cheat/rig for a pixel reward. 

IronDukes_Six #58 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 22:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21275 battles
  • [3-32] 3-32

Missing an option... Permanent Ban of all guilty parties' IP addresses including accounts wiped from database.

No re-roll possible for cheating scum.

As bad as Murder? Not even close bubba.

After reading the "justifications" @StatusReport and sympathizers here. I consider that it's theft committed by conspirators to defraud WG and the rest of the player base. Multiple laws and moral codes were/are being broken.

Those that participated should be castrated publicly with extreme prejudice.

Bailiff, whack his pee-pee!

/my $0.02.

Edited by IronDukes_Six, Nov 30 2015 - 22:52.

SymbiosisBC #59 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 22:19

Major

• Players
  • 18858 battles

View PostX7thpanzerdivisionX, on Nov 30 2015 - 14:00, said:

The only way to win?  Are you absolutely, positively sure of that?  Are you willing to prove that?  Not one single person has received the reward tank without cheating?

Whenever one says "it's the only way to win", they are making an excuse.  And making an excuse is not legally, morally or ethically a justification for breaking the rules or breaking a law.  Justifying cheating is a selfish act, one that presumes one has a greater right than than others to be rewarded.  Like I said  --  selfish.

If something is broken, if the rules or requirements need changing...  fine.   As it sounds like in this situation.  But justification for cheating does not exist.

Except for Captain Kirk...

And if one believes in a godmode hack, well, perhaps one should question one's reasoning abilities before questioning one's ethical responsibilities...

Captain_Tomato #60 Posted Nov 30 2015 - 22:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14031 battles

View PostClickez4Fun, on Nov 30 2015 - 13:14, said:

Do you have to cheat/rig the missions to be able to continue playing the game?

Is WG stopping your game client if you do not possess the pixel reward tank?

Are you lacking in any semblance of integrity and maturity, that you see cheating/rigging as fair gameplay?

But please, continue with the pathetic excuse that WG made the missions too hard for you, and because of that, you need to cheat/rig for a pixel reward. 

i have not and will not play new gamemode. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users