Jump to content


Addressing Rigging


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
545 replies to this topic

Poll: Community Opinion (501 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

What punishment should those that willingly and blatantly engaged in rigging be given?

  1. 1 Day Ban (11 votes [2.20%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.20%

  2. Voted 7 Day Ban (49 votes [9.78%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 9.78%

  3. Voted 1 Month Ban (93 votes [18.56%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 18.56%

  4. Voted 6 Months Ban (48 votes [9.58%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 9.58%

  5. 1 Year Ban (28 votes [5.59%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 5.59%

  6. Voted Permanent Ban (130 votes [25.95%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 25.95%

  7. Voted No Punishment (142 votes [28.34%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 28.34%

What punishment should those that unknowingly (or weren't directly involved) in rigging be given?

  1. Voted 1 Day Ban (55 votes [10.98%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 10.98%

  2. 7 Day Ban (71 votes [14.17%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 14.17%

  3. Voted 1 Month Ban (41 votes [8.18%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 8.18%

  4. 6 Months Ban (14 votes [2.79%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.79%

  5. 1 Year Ban (14 votes [2.79%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.79%

  6. Permanent Ban (35 votes [6.99%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 6.99%

  7. Voted No Punishment (271 votes [54.09%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 54.09%

Should those involved with rigging in any shape or form be banned from Wargaming E-Sports (Including but not limited to Leagues, Tournaments, etc.)?

  1. Voted Yes, for 6 months. (75 votes [14.97%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 14.97%

  2. Voted Yes, for 1 year. (58 votes [11.58%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 11.58%

  3. Yes, for 2 years. (6 votes [1.20%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 1.20%

  4. Voted Yes, Permanently. (182 votes [36.33%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 36.33%

  5. Voted No. (180 votes [35.93%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 35.93%

Vote Hide poll

Steamboat_Willy_Sr #481 Posted Jun 28 2016 - 01:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 43363 battles
  • 3,567
  • [FTRP] FTRP
  • Member since:
    07-11-2011
Nothing has happened for over six months, nothing more is going to happen in the future, time to let it go, just let it go.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #482 Posted Jun 29 2016 - 00:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 3185 battles
  • 10,438
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

So, the million dollar question, here...

 

*Is WargamingNA finally going to do something serious regarding actionable sanctions for everyone involved in this T-22 cheating/rigging ..?

----------------------------------------

Personally, after reviewing all of the other suggestions in this thread, I still like this proposal the best:

 

Spoiler

 



Wet_Skunk #483 Posted Jun 29 2016 - 14:14

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 23918 battles
  • 729
  • Member since:
    08-03-2011

View Postcommander42, on Jun 21 2016 - 08:29, said:

 

in your post that he quoted you said "i can casually read up on the issue, say "oh well" and move on" that implies you find out what is going on for the curiosity of it but once you do find out you don't care what it was and act like it never happened, that might not be condoning cheating but it is at least on the next level down

 

Who said anything about "acting like it never happened".  Just not caring about the issue is my stance, which is quite normal, as any point of view has those that care, those that care too much, and those that don't care.  Regretfully, the name of the game is "demonize those that don't agree with my view". I'm not going to roll around on the floor and scream like a kid in the toy isle over this issue.

Wet_Skunk #484 Posted Jun 29 2016 - 14:20

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 23918 battles
  • 729
  • Member since:
    08-03-2011

View PostR_Razor, on Jun 21 2016 - 16:22, said:

 

I just figured critical thinking wasn't his strong suit and let it go.

 

This would be a hurtful statement, if it wasn't for the fact that your posts have been no more objective, or helpful in any way to this conversation.  Consider us on even keel here, my fellow "non critical thinker".

Thornir #485 Posted Jun 29 2016 - 14:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 27407 battles
  • 2,202
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Jun 29 2016 - 00:49, said:

So, the million dollar question, here...

 

*Is WargamingNA finally going to do something serious regarding actionable sanctions for everyone involved in this T-22 cheating/rigging ..?

----------------------------------------

Personally, after reviewing all of the other suggestions in this thread, I still like this proposal the best:

 

The answer is "no". They've done all they are going to do.

 

They didn't do near enough. Except to erode the trust of the player base. They did plenty to that.

 



Iron_Soul_Stealer #486 Posted Jul 04 2016 - 22:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 3185 battles
  • 10,438
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Jun 27 2016 - 12:21, said:

And what I find even more interesting here...are the members that are accusing me of being "soft on crime"...yet, all the while..wargaming has done virtually nothing to sanction these players. At least I'm proposing doing something actionable and noticeable...like permanently removing their T-22's from their garages.. with no exceptions [...as a good start]. I don't see wargaming doing that..? So, if anyone is being soft on crime, or.. even worse, ignoring crime altogether....it's actually WG.. not me. 

 

*Lastly, if you guys are so upset and frustrated about this whole rigging/cheating issue, then why are you wasting your time posting and crying on a thread that will simply be ignored yet again by WG..? Why don't you get organized..? ...and work together..? Try rallying together and sending in many support tickets regarding this issue, en masse. And even better, why don't you send some private messages to WG senior staff/Admins...like Major Rampage, Captain Judo, and Yoot..? And while you're at it...maybe someone can gift General Direction a good quality 'moral compass', so he doesn't get lost out there in pixel tank land...if he hasn't already....

 

 

 

^..So, have any of you guys out there tried doing any of these suggestions..?

 

1. Have you sent in any support tickets regarding this issue..?

2. Have you sent any private messages to NA admin staff explaining your frustration..?

3. Has anyone gifted General Direction that moral compass yet, so he doesn't get lost..?

 

*Because... from where I'm sitting, it seems that many of our forum members here {who apparently say they still care about a fair game}, are still wasting their time crying on an internet forum thread and waiting for WGNA to act, when it should actually be our organized player base that is proactively trying to 'nudge' the sleeping giant [Wargaming.net] to not only adequately sanction those players involved in this cheating and rigging, but to create a new policy/strategy that would prevent this from ever happening again. 

 

Let me know....

 

 



Steamboat_Willy_Sr #487 Posted Jul 04 2016 - 23:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 43363 battles
  • 3,567
  • [FTRP] FTRP
  • Member since:
    07-11-2011

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Jul 04 2016 - 13:45, said:

 

^..So, have any of you guys out there tried doing any of these suggestions..?

 

1. Have you sent in any support tickets regarding this issue..?

2. Have you sent any private messages to NA admin staff explaining your frustration..?

3. Has anyone gifted General Direction that moral compass yet, so he doesn't get lost..?

 

*Because... from where I'm sitting, it seems that many of our forum members here {who apparently say they still care about a fair game}, are still wasting their time crying on an internet forum thread and waiting for WGNA to act, when it should actually be our organized player base that is proactively trying to 'nudge' the sleeping giant [Wargaming.net] to not only adequately sanction those players involved in this cheating and rigging, but to create a new policy/strategy that would prevent this from ever happening again. 

 

Let me know....

 

Me on 11-29-15, sent to Pidgeon_of_war, Mugsy, ElpozoliOlmeca, pizzastorm, ghostprime, Dance210, The Chietan, and Major Rampage.

Quote

I am sending this message to any WGNA employee I can find, urging them to please speak out against the Rampage mode mission rigging. This has the potential to destroy the integrity of this game and the community and all those involved need to be severely sanctioned publicly in order for a WGNA precedent to be set.

The current slap on the wrist approach that WGEU is taking will not stop this problem and you may need to upset some of your top players in order to show your majority playerbase that WGNA will not tolerate such behavior.

Thank you
 
Pidgeon_of_war responded on 11-30-15

Quote

We hear you, and we are working to fix this. 

 

Please stay tuned tot he portal for more information as we work this out.

 

Thank you.

 
But I've lost my soul because I couldn't blindly follow along with others and chose to be a little more free thinking, so I guess this doesn't count.
 
 

Edited by Steamboat_Willy_Sr, Jul 04 2016 - 23:28.


Guido1212 #488 Posted Jul 04 2016 - 23:37

    Community Contributor

  • Players
  • 84777 battles
  • 9,317
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    06-11-2011

Hi,

 

Perma Ban all Rigger trash.

 

That is all, carry on.



commander42 #489 Posted Jul 05 2016 - 14:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 27340 battles
  • 5,263
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P
  • Member since:
    07-08-2013

View PostSteamboat_Willy_Sr, on Jul 04 2016 - 17:28, said:

 

Me on 11-29-15, sent to Pidgeon_of_war, Mugsy, ElpozoliOlmeca, pizzastorm, ghostprime, Dance210, The Chietan, and Major Rampage.

Quote

I am sending this message to any WGNA employee I can find, urging them to please speak out against the Rampage mode mission rigging. This has the potential to destroy the integrity of this game and the community and all those involved need to be severely sanctioned publicly in order for a WGNA precedent to be set.

The current slap on the wrist approach that WGEU is taking will not stop this problem and you may need to upset some of your top players in order to show your majority playerbase that WGNA will not tolerate such behavior.

Thank you
 
Pidgeon_of_war responded on 11-30-15

Quote

We hear you, and we are working to fix this.

 

Please stay tuned tot he portal for more information as we work this out.

 

Thank you.

 
But I've lost my soul because I couldn't blindly follow along with others and chose to be a little more free thinking, so I guess this doesn't count.
 
 

 

7 months later and there has still been nothing on the issue from WGNA anywhere, so the response by pigeon was just as useful as the automated support response
 


I also find it interesting even from the very beginning that the rest of those people didn't respond? and the one person who did gave that cookie cutter answer



Silverleaf_Nightraven #490 Posted Jul 05 2016 - 14:55

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 12759 battles
  • 583
  • [GSH] GSH
  • Member since:
    09-25-2014
I still cannot believe the number of players that are still surprised that nothing was done to the rigging asshats by WGNA. Why would they punish some of their biggest cash cows on the server? That would only hurt their profits in the long run. A lot of the riggers are more than likely using illegal mods as well. Just an opinion but a cheater is a cheater and will do what cheaters do. Which would also explain WGNA's *wink, wink* attitude to use of illegal mods. As for trust. I would not believe anyone that works for WGNA or WG in general if they told me water was wet. That is how much I trust them. They had a chance to prove they cared about the overall playerbase but did not step up and instead looked the other way and did nothing. It is what it is.

haraka #491 Posted Jul 05 2016 - 15:09

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 55308 battles
  • 265
  • [MBK] MBK
  • Member since:
    03-12-2013
so i have the T22 does that mean i rigged to get mine?? keep in mind that i only have 1 mission left for the obj 260..they have done what they said they was gonna do so how does it affect you 1 patch later??

Edited by haraka, Jul 05 2016 - 15:10.


DiePanzerGeist #492 Posted Jul 05 2016 - 15:14

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 7211 battles
  • 5,494
  • [DHO6] DHO6
  • Member since:
    04-28-2014

View Postharaka, on Jul 05 2016 - 09:09, said:

so i have the T22 does that mean i rigged to get mine??

 


Edited by DiePanzerGeist, Jul 05 2016 - 15:15.


Fitz506 #493 Posted Jul 05 2016 - 16:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 44779 battles
  • 2,855
  • [WONKA] WONKA
  • Member since:
    04-23-2013

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Jun 27 2016 - 13:30, said:

^..Very good suggestion! :rolleyes:

*And when you say: "remove everything gained from cheating/rigging", I assume you also mean the T-22 tank, itself [including all credits gained, crews etc.]...right..?

 

I also like your idea of a temporary player ban, for a first offense, while still excluding them from participating in any further contests and events in the future...either temporarily, or permanently...depending on the number of previous offenses. I think that's fair.

 

That seems like a very reasonable and actionable proposal. Thanks for sharing that.

~Cheers!

 

 

So temp ban for people that participated in rigging dozens, if not hundreds, of games?

 

People who rigged the T-22 didn't just break the rules once, they did it MANY times. 6 month ban might be too little. I'd be all for permanent bans or account resets. As in lose all crews and non premium vehicles.



Deputy276 #494 Posted Jul 05 2016 - 16:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 20706 battles
  • 6,085
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013
Please let this poor, dead horse DIE. :facepalm:

Fitz506 #495 Posted Jul 05 2016 - 16:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 44779 battles
  • 2,855
  • [WONKA] WONKA
  • Member since:
    04-23-2013

View PostDeputy276, on Jul 05 2016 - 11:36, said:

Please let this poor, dead horse DIE. :facepalm:

 

Well it seems the only way to get companies to do the right thing is to shame them. That's what we're doing in this post.

OstwindFlakpanzer #496 Posted Jul 05 2016 - 16:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 20919 battles
  • 2,966
  • [CUDAS] CUDAS
  • Member since:
    08-22-2012
riggers need to BURN.  a lot of players left in frustration after the debacle helped along by WGNA's lack of action.  

Rommel_Patton1948 #497 Posted Jul 05 2016 - 16:51

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 15038 battles
  • 769
  • [-XBK-] -XBK-
  • Member since:
    07-17-2014
plz plz plz plzzzzz ban all the big dirty clan ers we alredy no r cheeters an riggers!!! do teh rite thing wargamming!!!

commander42 #498 Posted Jul 06 2016 - 02:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 27340 battles
  • 5,263
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P
  • Member since:
    07-08-2013

View Postharaka, on Jul 05 2016 - 09:09, said:

so i have the T22 does that mean i rigged to get mine?? keep in mind that i only have 1 mission left for the obj 260..they have done what they said they was gonna do so how does it affect you 1 patch later??

 

just having it doesn't mean for sure that you rigged to get it, makes you a suspect certainly, but for somebody who earned it you seem very defensive with your post

View PostSilverleaf_Nightraven, on Jul 05 2016 - 08:55, said:

I still cannot believe the number of players that are still surprised that nothing was done to the rigging asshats by WGNA. Why would they punish some of their biggest cash cows on the server? That would only hurt their profits in the long run. A lot of the riggers are more than likely using illegal mods as well. Just an opinion but a cheater is a cheater and will do what cheaters do. Which would also explain WGNA's *wink, wink* attitude to use of illegal mods. As for trust. I would not believe anyone that works for WGNA or WG in general if they told me water was wet. That is how much I trust them. They had a chance to prove they cared about the overall playerbase but did not step up and instead looked the other way and did nothing. It is what it is.

 

because by not punishing them they lose more money in the long run because their biggest source of income probably isn't even from the people who cheated, plus even if it was do you think all of them are going to suddenly stop spending because they couldn't get away with cheating, now if you say cause wgna was too buddy buddy with some of the cheaters then that is more believable(although still a stupid decision I would believe they would make that call)

Thornir #499 Posted Jul 06 2016 - 03:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 27407 battles
  • 2,202
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011

View Postharaka, on Jul 05 2016 - 15:09, said:

so i have the T22 does that mean i rigged to get mine??

 

Given how hard it was to get one legit...yep. That's how I'd bet.

Billy_The_Butcher #500 Posted Jul 06 2016 - 04:36

    Captain

  • Players
  • 13692 battles
  • 1,464
  • [T_R_U] T_R_U
  • Member since:
    09-27-2013
Last question was not valid, every case is different.




6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users