Addressing Rigging

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
545 replies to this topic

Poll: Community Opinion (501 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

What punishment should those that willingly and blatantly engaged in rigging be given?

1. 1 Day Ban (11 votes [2.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.20%

2. Voted 7 Day Ban (49 votes [9.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.78%

3. Voted 1 Month Ban (93 votes [18.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.56%

4. Voted 6 Months Ban (48 votes [9.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.58%

5. 1 Year Ban (28 votes [5.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.59%

6. Voted Permanent Ban (130 votes [25.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.95%

7. Voted No Punishment (142 votes [28.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.34%

What punishment should those that unknowingly (or weren't directly involved) in rigging be given?

1. Voted 1 Day Ban (55 votes [10.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.98%

2. 7 Day Ban (71 votes [14.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.17%

3. Voted 1 Month Ban (41 votes [8.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.18%

4. 6 Months Ban (14 votes [2.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.79%

5. 1 Year Ban (14 votes [2.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.79%

6. Permanent Ban (35 votes [6.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.99%

7. Voted No Punishment (271 votes [54.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.09%

Should those involved with rigging in any shape or form be banned from Wargaming E-Sports (Including but not limited to Leagues, Tournaments, etc.)?

1. Voted Yes, for 6 months. (75 votes [14.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.97%

2. Voted Yes, for 1 year. (58 votes [11.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.58%

3. Yes, for 2 years. (6 votes [1.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.20%

4. Voted Yes, Permanently. (182 votes [36.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.33%

5. Voted No. (180 votes [35.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.93%

Vote Hide poll

Silverleaf_Nightraven #501 Posted Jul 07 2016 - 15:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12650 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View Postcommander42, on Jul 05 2016 - 18:54, said:

just having it doesn't mean for sure that you rigged to get it, makes you a suspect certainly, but for somebody who earned it you seem very defensive with your post

because by not punishing them they lose more money in the long run because their biggest source of income probably isn't even from the people who cheated, plus even if it was do you think all of them are going to suddenly stop spending because they couldn't get away with cheating, now if you say cause wgna was too buddy buddy with some of the cheaters then that is more believable(although still a stupid decision I would believe they would make that call)

The buddy, buddy stuff was what I was referring to in the lack of punishment. As for the cash. How many of the cheaters own tons of premiums and spend on improved accounts? I would wager most of them. And remember human nature. Example is people shopping at a store that gives them a percentage off when they buy so much. When that store stops giving the bonus a certain amount of people tend to leave and not come back and some shop there less. Why? They were getting a bonus and it was taken away. I see WGs lack of punishment along these same lines as the riggers spend a good bit of cash and WG was worried they might lose it if they actually did something. What WG forgot was the number of people that wont send, like me, or stopped spending due to their inaction.

Deputy276 #502 Posted Jul 07 2016 - 16:13

Major

• Players
  • 20403 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostFitz506, on Jul 05 2016 - 09:44, said:

Well it seems the only way to get companies to do the right thing is to shame them. That's what we're doing in this post.

Yes, and we can all see the amazing success this thread has had on WG taking actions against riggers and "cheating". The comments are falling on deaf ears. They simply don't care. They nerfed the tank. That is as far as they are gonna go.  

WG NA is a different entity than WG in Europe. They don't have the luxury of tons of players so they can't afford to ban people like they do over there. It's just not going to happen. Sorry.

DiePanzerGeist #503 Posted Jul 07 2016 - 16:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 7211 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6
This thread is STILL going? :facepalm:

Deputy276 #504 Posted Jul 07 2016 - 16:31

Major

• Players
  • 20403 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostDiePanzerGeist, on Jul 07 2016 - 09:14, said:

LOL....yeah. The urchins seem to think if they gripe long enough, that WG NA is going to ban all the riggers. Not gonna happen. In all things, follow the money trail. WG NA can't afford to ban anyone with the shrinking population they are experiencing.

Edited by Deputy276, Jul 07 2016 - 16:31.

DiePanzerGeist #505 Posted Jul 07 2016 - 16:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 7211 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostDeputy276, on Jul 07 2016 - 10:31, said:

LOL....yeah. The urchins seem to think if they gripe long enough, that WG NA is going to ban all the riggers. Not gonna happen. In all things, follow the money trail. WG NA can't afford to ban anyone with the shrinking population they are experiencing.

Wow.

Look guys WG did what WG was or will ever do about the T22 rigging issue...

Edited by DiePanzerGeist, Jul 07 2016 - 16:33.

commander42 #506 Posted Jul 07 2016 - 16:40

Major

• Players
  • 26904 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostSilverleaf_Nightraven, on Jul 07 2016 - 09:58, said:

The buddy, buddy stuff was what I was referring to in the lack of punishment. As for the cash. How many of the cheaters own tons of premiums and spend on improved accounts? I would wager most of them. And remember human nature. Example is people shopping at a store that gives them a percentage off when they buy so much. When that store stops giving the bonus a certain amount of people tend to leave and not come back and some shop there less. Why? They were getting a bonus and it was taken away. I see WGs lack of punishment along these same lines as the riggers spend a good bit of cash and WG was worried they might lose it if they actually did something. What WG forgot was the number of people that wont send, like me, or stopped spending due to their inaction.

because the riggers came in all shapes and sizes so I cant say for sure but my guess is they actually spend less then on average, some of the accounts I have seen don't have any premium tanks and as for the ones who do there isn't much left for them to buy, and some of them came from clans who got gold from clan wars and tournaments so those particular ones don't need to spend actual cash

personally I view it the opposite way, if they are a long term player and have spent they should be more resistant to giving up after having stuff they shouldn't have taken away, would they lose a few, probably, would they have spent money had they stayed, maybe but cant say for sure, so they could lose a couple of bucks, but like you said now that they didn't do enough about the 2,000 people who did cheat, that makes a portion of the other 20k players not spend, so I can confidently say they have lost more money by not punishing them(they should have probably lost a lot more through their inaction but some people give in to the impulse of the "deals" and like some of the people in this thread some just don't care, and believe it or not some still aren't aware of what happened)

commander42 #507 Posted Jul 07 2016 - 16:45

Major

• Players
  • 26904 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostDeputy276, on Jul 07 2016 - 10:13, said:

Yes, and we can all see the amazing success this thread has had on WG taking actions against riggers and "cheating". The comments are falling on deaf ears. They simply don't care. They nerfed the tank. That is as far as they are gonna go.

WG NA is a different entity than WG in Europe. They don't have the luxury of tons of players so they can't afford to ban people like they do over there. It's just not going to happen. Sorry.

many of us aren't suggesting they permaban everyone who cheated, some people don't even care as much about them actually punishing them but want WGNA to actually even acknowledge it

part of the point to keep it going is to get the message across to other players rather then WGNA, as I said in my prior post somehow some people still aren't aware of it, so if a casual player who wasn't on the forum at all for several months they likely had no idea anything happened, by the thread being here they can learn about what has really gone on in the game

View PostDiePanzerGeist, on Jul 07 2016 - 10:14, said:

you don't have to post here if you don't want to?

DiePanzerGeist #508 Posted Jul 07 2016 - 17:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 7211 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View Postcommander42, on Jul 07 2016 - 10:45, said:

Steamboat_Willy_Sr #509 Posted Jul 07 2016 - 17:58

Major

• Players
  • 41212 battles
  • [FTRP] FTRP

IMO, WGNA missed the golden opportunity to maintain precedent regarding rigging of contests, events and missions.  In the past, riggers were punished by the removal of the prize, a temp ban, and were not allowed to participate in future events for a year, a good precedent that should have been followed.  Next time mass rigging appears, anyone subject to punishment will now refer back to the T22sr issue should the punishment be any worse and proclaim that doing almost nothing is precedent.

WGNA has created their own slippery slope for all future special, events, and missions that might be prone to be taken advantage of by rigging.

Rommel_Patton1948 #510 Posted Jul 07 2016 - 19:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14965 battles
  • [-XBK-] -XBK-

View PostSteamboat_Willy_Sr, on Jul 07 2016 - 16:58, said:

IMO, WGNA missed the golden opportunity to maintain precedent regarding rigging of contests, events and missions.  In the past, riggers were punished by the removal of the prize, a temp ban, and were not allowed to participate in future events for a year, a good precedent that should have been followed.  Next time mass rigging appears, anyone subject to punishment will now refer back to the T22sr issue should the punishment be any worse and proclaim that doing almost nothing is precedent.

WGNA has created their own slippery slope for all future special, events, and missions that might be prone to be taken advantage of by rigging.

ban hamma!!!

Iron_Soul_Stealer #511 Posted Jul 09 2016 - 00:38

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostDeputy276, on Jul 07 2016 - 10:31, said:

^..Yep, you got that right. We barely have enough players left to maintain our current NA servers....:facepalm:...especially after taking another look at that poor west server.....Is that even still a thing..?

*So, I agree...WG certainly can't afford to 'permanently' ban anyone, however, they could still use other reasonable sanctions to set an example for our player base. Honestly, I still like the sanctions proposal suggested by the member commander42. It seems to be the most reasonable and rationale suggestion I've seen so far, in this thread....and at least it doesn't involve any barn-burning and/or decapitation.

View Postcommander42, on Jul 05 2016 - 08:38, said:

7 months later and there has still been nothing on the issue from WGNA anywhere, so the response by pigeon was just as useful as the automated support response

I also find it interesting even from the very beginning that the rest of those people didn't respond? and the one person who did gave that cookie cutter answer

Not making any open accusations here...but maybe there's a reason why they're avoiding this issue. I wonder just how many of them also have 'for-fun' personal wot accounts....and of those accounts, I wonder how many now contain a T-22 in the garage..? Hmmm..? Just wondering...

View PostGuido1212, on Jul 04 2016 - 17:37, said:

Hi,

Perma Ban all Rigger trash.

That is all, carry on.

^..You don't think that's too harsh..? Do you really believe that is reasonable..?

So, you really think it's a good idea for WG to permanently ban someone.. even if it's their first offense..? If so, I'm just glad you're not a forum moderator. And no offense dude, but that comment sounds a bit angry, extreme, and emotional...kinda like the comments made earlier in this thread by some of our other members. *Again, it's never a good idea to let emotions and anger cloud our judgement, or get in the way of making sound, objective, and rational decisions.

View PostSilverleaf_Nightraven, on Jul 05 2016 - 08:55, said:

I still cannot believe the number of players that are still surprised that nothing was done to the rigging asshats by WGNA. Why would they punish some of their biggest cash cows on the server? That would only hurt their profits in the long run. A lot of the riggers are more than likely using illegal mods as well. Just an opinion but a cheater is a cheater and will do what cheaters do. Which would also explain WGNA's *wink, wink* attitude to use of illegal mods. As for trust. I would not believe anyone that works for WGNA or WG in general if they told me water was wet. That is how much I trust them. They had a chance to prove they cared about the overall playerbase but did not step up and instead looked the other way and did nothing. It is what it is.

^..That reminds me...

I still have to start that other feedback/suggestion thread. How is this for a title:

"Is the Game Client still being exploited..? What do you believe..? [Part II]"

Deputy276 #512 Posted Jul 09 2016 - 04:52

Major

• Players
  • 20403 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View Postcommander42, on Jul 07 2016 - 09:45, said:

many of us aren't suggesting they permaban everyone who cheated, some people don't even care as much about them actually punishing them but want WGNA to actually even acknowledge it

part of the point to keep it going is to get the message across to other players rather then WGNA, as I said in my prior post somehow some people still aren't aware of it, so if a casual player who wasn't on the forum at all for several months they likely had no idea anything happened, by the thread being here they can learn about what has really gone on in the game

Most cases you can't even IDENTIFY who cheated and who didn't to get the T-22. Especially since the T-22 was available FOR PURCHASE on E-Bay for quite a while. I would bet that the T-22 fiasco will NOT be the last time people figure out how to "beat the system". It's just human nature. And most of the people complaining would have probably jumped on getting a T-22 pre-nerf. They just don't admit it. They prefer to take the "high road" and punish those who were smart or slick enough to beat the system. New players....good luck with that. Most people playing WOT aren't even aware a forum exists, or have been abused on the forum to the point they will never come back. So you are simply preaching to the choir.

R_Razor #513 Posted Jul 09 2016 - 12:54

Captain

• Players
  • 8095 battles
  • [_DDM] _DDM

View PostDeputy276, on Jul 08 2016 - 22:52, said:

Most cases you can't even IDENTIFY who cheated and who didn't to get the T-22. Especially since the T-22 was available FOR PURCHASE on E-Bay for quite a while. I would bet that the T-22 fiasco will NOT be the last time people figure out how to "beat the system". It's just human nature. And most of the people complaining would have probably jumped on getting a T-22 pre-nerf. They just don't admit it. They prefer to take the "high road" and punish those who were smart or slick enough to beat the system. New players....good luck with that. Most people playing WOT aren't even aware a forum exists, or have been abused on the forum to the point they will never come back. So you are simply preaching to the choir.

Nice, I never knew that being a cheating, no integrity, scum sucking bottom feeder made you "smart" or "slick"...........that's freaking COOL.

Edited by R_Razor, Jul 09 2016 - 12:54.

commander42 #514 Posted Jul 09 2016 - 14:16

Major

• Players
  • 26904 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

it is actually pretty easy to tell in most cases, and anyway if they bought an account on ebay that had it, that is STILL ILLEGAL, and if they paid somebody else to cheat for them for it, that is also STILL ILLEGAL

I would also bet it isn't the last time people figure out how to CHEAT, even more reason so because of WGNA's inaction in this case

and no if i really wanted to rig i probably could have but since it was cheating i didn't, and if by smart or slick you actually mean despicable or scummy then yes

Thornir #515 Posted Jul 09 2016 - 17:33

Major

• Players
  • 26827 battles

View PostDeputy276, on Jul 09 2016 - 04:52, said:

I live on the high road. My integrity is worth a hell of a lot more than a pixel tank.

More rationalization, more excuses.

jamesCOCOcokelet #516 Posted Jul 09 2016 - 21:49

Private

• -Players-
  • 4401 battles

By rigging do you mean, people in game, ramming people or hitting them to stop them from capping the game, or saying in chat.. hey i need to get the pauichi medal or whatever. one might be stat padding and i know there is a way to report them naughty people, but is that what you mean.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #517 Posted Jul 10 2016 - 22:41

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View Postcommander42, on Jul 09 2016 - 08:16, said:

it is actually pretty easy to tell in most cases, and anyway if they bought an account on ebay that had it, that is STILL ILLEGAL, and if they paid somebody else to cheat for them for it, that is also STILL ILLEGAL

I would also bet it isn't the last time people figure out how to CHEAT, even more reason so because of WGNA's inaction in this case

and no if i really wanted to rig i probably could have but since it was cheating i didn't, and if by smart or slick you actually mean despicable or scummy then yes

^..Yes, it is illegal.

*And that situation of buying and/or selling an account [*eg. or any pixel tank] is one of the few cases where I would certainly not hesitate in banning both players involved permanently, and deleting their accounts....regardless of whether it was their first offense, or not. 

Iron_Soul_Stealer #518 Posted Jul 10 2016 - 22:48

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

^..By the way, I have a great suggestion for that problem:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/399312-heres-a-great-suggestion-for-our-wot-developers/page__pid__8079430#entry8079430

Iron_Soul_Stealer #519 Posted Jul 15 2016 - 22:38

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

^..Another excellent point.

*And I know many good people here that would certainly vouch for that. They've had enough of the abuse...and I can't see them ever coming back to this place....not if these self appointed "guardians-of-the-game" keep hanging around here. And don't get me wrong, I know they might have the "best intentions" {in their own minds, *ie: the bowzer}, but sadly, they are some of the most toxic-bully-posters here....and I sincerely believe they are directly responsible for driving away so many honest and good players and forum members. 

Deputy276 #520 Posted Jul 15 2016 - 23:09

Major

• Players
  • 20403 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
I wasn't talking about buying an account to get the T-22. I was talking about paying someone $250 to grind FOR YOU. All you do is send them $250 and they grind for the tank. How do they grind for it? Who knows. But I think it was about 5-7 days and you had the tank. Same thing was, and I think still is, going on for that crappy T95E2. Price was a lot less, though, because the tank is a POS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users