Addressing Rigging

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
545 replies to this topic

Poll: Community Opinion (501 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

What punishment should those that willingly and blatantly engaged in rigging be given?

1. 1 Day Ban (11 votes [2.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.20%

2. Voted 7 Day Ban (49 votes [9.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.78%

3. Voted 1 Month Ban (93 votes [18.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.56%

4. Voted 6 Months Ban (48 votes [9.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.58%

5. 1 Year Ban (28 votes [5.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.59%

6. Voted Permanent Ban (130 votes [25.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.95%

7. Voted No Punishment (142 votes [28.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.34%

What punishment should those that unknowingly (or weren't directly involved) in rigging be given?

1. Voted 1 Day Ban (55 votes [10.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.98%

2. 7 Day Ban (71 votes [14.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.17%

3. Voted 1 Month Ban (41 votes [8.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.18%

4. 6 Months Ban (14 votes [2.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.79%

5. 1 Year Ban (14 votes [2.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.79%

6. Permanent Ban (35 votes [6.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.99%

7. Voted No Punishment (271 votes [54.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.09%

Should those involved with rigging in any shape or form be banned from Wargaming E-Sports (Including but not limited to Leagues, Tournaments, etc.)?

1. Voted Yes, for 6 months. (75 votes [14.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.97%

2. Voted Yes, for 1 year. (58 votes [11.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.58%

3. Yes, for 2 years. (6 votes [1.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.20%

4. Voted Yes, Permanently. (182 votes [36.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.33%

5. Voted No. (180 votes [35.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.93%

Vote Hide poll

commander42 #521 Posted Jul 16 2016 - 02:09

Major

• Players
  • 26494 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostDeputy276, on Jul 15 2016 - 17:09, said:

I wasn't talking about buying an account to get the T-22. I was talking about paying someone $250 to grind FOR YOU. All you do is send them $250 and they grind for the tank. How do they grind for it? Who knows. But I think it was about 5-7 days and you had the tank. Same thing was, and I think still is, going on for that crappy T95E2. Price was a lot less, though, because the tank is a POS.

I mentioned both possibilities of them paying and ending up with a t-22 on their account, if they pay somebody else and that other person cheats on their account then the account still cheated thus would still get punished, or if it was them paying another person to come into the mode to help them cheat then both accounts cheated and should get punished,  in summary no matter how you slice it the account cheated and should get punished
as for the t95e2 I'm not exactly familiar with the requirement to get it but I don't think the account is actually cheating to get it so that's why that isn't a big deal, also I know they buffed it last patch since it was so crappy

Iron_Soul_Stealer #522 Posted Jul 17 2016 - 20:38

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

View PostDeputy276, on Jul 15 2016 - 17:09, said:

I wasn't talking about buying an account to get the T-22. I was talking about paying someone $250 to grind FOR YOU. All you do is send them $250 and they grind for the tank. How do they grind for it? Who knows. But I think it was about 5-7 days and you had the tank. Same thing was, and I think still is, going on for that crappy T95E2. Price was a lot less, though, because the tank is a POS.

^..Dude, who are you addressing this post to..?

I hope you're not still bantering back and forth with that 'thornir' character...are you..?

Unfortunately, I had to put that member on my ignore list...{along with many others here..}, and for good reason. Honestly, and as I've publicly stated many times before, I have absolutely no problem listening and corresponding with any forum member here who wants to share a rational and respectful argument or opinion. *However, when someone starts telling me to "shove something up my [edited]"....that's where I draw the line.. and that's when I turn off their forum-post switch.. and stop listening. I have no patience for deliberate and belligerent disrespect...and I won't put up with insults, and abuse. Besides, I've learned that the best thing you can do with someone like that...is to put them on your ignore list...and move forward. 

~Cheers

NoKnockWarrant #523 Posted Jul 18 2016 - 17:45

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 40888 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

I can't honestly believe this thread is even still active. I was actually amazed with the new Info pop up available beside the poster's names.... then I was completely chuckling as I noticed people with 2-3k battles but 7k posts to the forums ... hand in hand with 13k battles and sub 4k personal ratings sitting side by side at sub 46% win rates.

TLDR: I am so horrible at the game that even had I been able to try for the t-22 I wouldn't of got it because I can barely walk and chew bubblegum at the same time let alone watch a pixel tank game and move a mouse properly.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #524 Posted Jul 18 2016 - 21:04

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

View PostGhostedWarrior, on Jul 18 2016 - 11:45, said:

I can't honestly believe this thread is even still active. I was actually amazed with the new Info pop up available beside the poster's names.... then I was completely chuckling as I noticed people with 2-3k battles but 7k posts to the forums ... hand in hand with 13k battles and sub 4k personal ratings sitting side by side at sub 46% win rates.

TLDR: I am so horrible at the game that even had I been able to try for the t-22 I wouldn't of got it because I can barely walk and chew bubblegum at the same time let alone watch a pixel tank game and move a mouse properly.

^..Well then, let me ask you a question...and honestly, I mean no disrespect here, I'm just trying to make a valid point.

So, you're wondering why this thread is still active...? Well....

*Has Wargaming adequately and reasonably sanctioned ALL the players involved in this cheating and event/contest rigging..?

The consensus around here is clearly NO. So, I guess that answers the question.

Furthermore, I'd even be willing to bring back this old thread, but Wargaming has conveniently disposed of it:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/248947-statement-on-contest-rigging/

*Anyone out there remember this one..? I certainly do.

^..Looks like déjà vu all over again....doesn't it..?

*Good thing I took a screenshot of this, before it "vanished". By the way, not much was done with this one either....obviously.

SwedishEOD #525 Posted Jul 18 2016 - 22:04

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 61123 battles

WGNA has given up , they are just milking the remaining playerbase for as much money as possible, they do NOT care about matters like this. Sadly enough. And they apparently have no imagination that this could happen when releasing this kind of missions. If they did, they would have cautioned players from riggin it beforehand and then swiftly ban/remove tanks from any that rigged it.

Now it's kind of too late since they let it go too far and so many have rigged for the T-22 so if they really did some drastic action they would actually hurt themselves I think.

So next time set the rules and make them clear enough from the start and enforce them, or we will just have this same mess over and over everytime they do something like this. 

DiePanzerGeist #526 Posted Jul 18 2016 - 23:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 7211 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

Leave it to a particular poster to necro this thread...again.

HeartMiner #527 Posted Jul 19 2016 - 00:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 35940 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

Simple game theory.

The only right thing to do regarding rigging is to stay silent about it, since the only beneficiaries are the players (not WG), and the only cost is just a few games lost to the riggers. You are reporting this issue at the cost of banning future opportunities to rig for yourself (and everyone else), if you would ever consider to rig. In the end we would all be happy about what we get from rigging, if the players unit against WG by staying silent. 

From the poll we see quite a number of smart people here.

please don't ban me. :)

Edited by HeartMiner, Jul 19 2016 - 00:18.

commander42 #528 Posted Jul 19 2016 - 00:37

Major

• Players
  • 26494 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostGhostedWarrior, on Jul 18 2016 - 11:45, said:

I'm chuckling as I see you make this argument, no I wouldn't have gotten it by doing all the missions legitly but YOU wouldn't have either, I could have gotten it by CHEATING like YOU did but I didn't try(and before the "you aren't good enough to rig it" there are players with MUCH worse stats then me who have it)

View PostSwedishEOD, on Jul 18 2016 - 16:04, said:

WGNA has given up , they are just milking the remaining playerbase for as much money as possible, they do NOT care about matters like this. Sadly enough. And they apparently have no imagination that this could happen when releasing this kind of missions. If they did, they would have cautioned players from riggin it beforehand and then swiftly ban/remove tanks from any that rigged it.

Now it's kind of too late since they let it go too far and so many have rigged for the T-22 so if they really did some drastic action they would actually hurt themselves I think.

So next time set the rules and make them clear enough from the start and enforce them, or we will just have this same mess over and over everytime they do something like this. 

the problem with that theory is that now that sets up the argument for next time that "well you cant actually enforce that rule against me, you never enforced it against the people who cheated for a t-22" you are right that the best time to punish people would have been when they first became aware rather then sending the message to the playerbase cheat for it all you want we wont do anything, but a late punishment is still better then no punishment even though thousands more have rigged because of them not doing anything immediately

NoKnockWarrant #529 Posted Jul 19 2016 - 15:30

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 40888 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

Since I absolutely HATE the infamous 'quote' tag posters trying to validate points by endlessly 'quote' tagging post, remember folks, BPLDM (bad players lives don't matter), they are cannon fodder. Watch them go one by one into a firing lane, where their other 2 platoons mates just got pixelly (yes, pixelly is my new favorite word) abused sexually by some TDs or the new meta 'heavy camping base' players while all chat screaming 'no one helped us'.

I am just cracking up at the 'YOU CHEATED' and I didn't line. Because I played in platoons and teams to accomplish a few of the missions for my tank (i.e. teamwork) I cheated? It took me over 550 battles to get my T-22. Haven't played it much since the 'bad player whining i can't get it so wargaming you MUST nerf it' debacle. If you sweat, sacrifice, play hard, play often, grind, a tank that then gets nerfed into a smelly pile of steaming pixels that isn't reverse compensated for all my efforts after it is nerfed... I am the one that got 'cheated'.

The flip side to this whole thing is, what about the clan wars reward tanks? I mean, my god, any player can join or create a clan. The tanks are given to those players that play, play often, play hard, work in teams, work as a organized unit and win more than they lose. Did they 'cheat' to get a special tank? I mean, they had to rig (use team speak, have callers, use game mechanics, learn maps, focus fire, etc.) the clan wars matches more often than not to 'win' a tank. Oh wait, this has already been argued as well, by those that can't master enough of the game or it's mechanics to get a 'clan wars' only reward tank.

Wait, I rigged to get my T95E6 you say? You say because I played 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 battles most nights of the campaign, giving up sleep, meals, time with my family, etc. I 'cheated' because I got the tank you could of gotten by the same amount of effort, but didn't?

Remember, BPLDM. I will say that if you're a sub par player, whining about players who actually TRY to get better over time, who TRY to learn better play styles and who TRY to do more average xp and damage as their battle count goes up, maybe you need to examine why you're here playing. Let me be clear, if you have 13,000 battles, average barely 300 xp and 400 dmg a game, with a 46% win rate, you are NEVER doing any team a favor you end up on after clicking the red BATTLE button. You know, just by your last 13000 battles, you know you're going to contribute more to every team you end up on losing than ever to that team winning. By definition, you are purposely making your teams worse, just by playing. By clicking BATTLE and ending up on my team, you have made it so I have to work even harder, play even smarter, do more damage, etc., just by your presence, to get a win.

Thanks Gomer! Admission, you didn't try. So therefore, you failed without even making an effort. Click BATTLE some more, I am sure the same result is going to happen.

Einstein said it best.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.”

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.”

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Edited by GhostedWarrior, Jul 19 2016 - 15:33.

OstwindFlakpanzer #530 Posted Jul 19 2016 - 16:54

Major

• Players
  • 20919 battles
  • [CUDAS] CUDAS
riggers should burn.  WG directly lead to the demise of this game with their lack of punishment.

Deputy276 #531 Posted Jul 19 2016 - 17:07

Major

• Players
  • 19942 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View Postcommander42, on Jul 15 2016 - 19:09, said:

I mentioned both possibilities of them paying and ending up with a t-22 on their account, if they pay somebody else and that other person cheats on their account then the account still cheated thus would still get punished, or if it was them paying another person to come into the mode to help them cheat then both accounts cheated and should get punished,  in summary no matter how you slice it the account cheated and should get punished
as for the t95e2 I'm not exactly familiar with the requirement to get it but I don't think the account is actually cheating to get it so that's why that isn't a big deal, also I know they buffed it last patch since it was so crappy

Thing is, you have no way of knowing if the person who grinds for the tank is actually "cheating". And WG NA simply doesn't care enough to worry about it. Quite honestly, I rarely see the T-22 being played at all. Especially since the major nerf they did to it. It has become a non-issue among everyone except a few people who need to feel relevant by necroing this thread over and over again. 

Edited by Deputy276, Jul 19 2016 - 17:12.

DiePanzerGeist #532 Posted Jul 19 2016 - 17:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 7211 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostDeputy276, on Jul 19 2016 - 11:07, said:

Thing is, you have no way of knowing if the person who grinds for the tank is actually "cheating". And WG NA simply doesn't care enough to worry about it. Quite honestly, I rarely see the T-22 being played at all. Especially since the major nerf they did to it. It has become a non-issue among everyone except a few people who need to feel relevant by necroing this thread over and over again. 

I've honestly only ever seen 1 in matches when I'm driving my tier IX and that was a while ago.

commander42 #533 Posted Jul 19 2016 - 22:09

Major

• Players
  • 26494 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostGhostedWarrior, on Jul 19 2016 - 09:30, said:

Since I absolutely HATE the infamous 'quote' tag posters trying to validate points by endlessly 'quote' tagging post, remember folks, BPLDM (bad players lives don't matter), they are cannon fodder. Watch them go one by one into a firing lane, where their other 2 platoons mates just got pixelly (yes, pixelly is my new favorite word) abused sexually by some TDs or the new meta 'heavy camping base' players while all chat screaming 'no one helped us'.

I am just cracking up at the 'YOU CHEATED' and I didn't line. Because I played in platoons and teams to accomplish a few of the missions for my tank (i.e. teamwork) I cheated? It took me over 550 battles to get my T-22. Haven't played it much since the 'bad player whining i can't get it so wargaming you MUST nerf it' debacle. If you sweat, sacrifice, play hard, play often, grind, a tank that then gets nerfed into a smelly pile of steaming pixels that isn't reverse compensated for all my efforts after it is nerfed... I am the one that got 'cheated'.

The flip side to this whole thing is, what about the clan wars reward tanks? I mean, my god, any player can join or create a clan. The tanks are given to those players that play, play often, play hard, work in teams, work as a organized unit and win more than they lose. Did they 'cheat' to get a special tank? I mean, they had to rig (use team speak, have callers, use game mechanics, learn maps, focus fire, etc.) the clan wars matches more often than not to 'win' a tank. Oh wait, this has already been argued as well, by those that can't master enough of the game or it's mechanics to get a 'clan wars' only reward tank.

Wait, I rigged to get my T95E6 you say? You say because I played 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 battles most nights of the campaign, giving up sleep, meals, time with my family, etc. I 'cheated' because I got the tank you could of gotten by the same amount of effort, but didn't?

Remember, BPLDM. I will say that if you're a sub par player, whining about players who actually TRY to get better over time, who TRY to learn better play styles and who TRY to do more average xp and damage as their battle count goes up, maybe you need to examine why you're here playing. Let me be clear, if you have 13,000 battles, average barely 300 xp and 400 dmg a game, with a 46% win rate, you are NEVER doing any team a favor you end up on after clicking the red BATTLE button. You know, just by your last 13000 battles, you know you're going to contribute more to every team you end up on losing than ever to that team winning. By definition, you are purposely making your teams worse, just by playing. By clicking BATTLE and ending up on my team, you have made it so I have to work even harder, play even smarter, do more damage, etc., just by your presence, to get a win.

Thanks Gomer! Admission, you didn't try. So therefore, you failed without even making an effort. Click BATTLE some more, I am sure the same result is going to happen.

Einstein said it best.

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.”

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.”

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

people quote posts so that other people know who they are replying to, most posters aren't quite as specific with their random insults as you are so it is necessary to do it to avoid confusion
and "genius" please learn the definition of teamwork, hint it involves working with your OWN team, not the OTHER team, which is the real issue that made this cheating and not the other examples you gave, also since you are using more then one tank a match unless the stats page only count the tank that started the match then you didn't play anywhere near 500 matches but i will give you credit for playing many more rampage matches then others i have seen with a t-22, pretty obvious when other people had 100 if you total up all their tanks, meaning it would of been next to impossible to do all the missions

View PostDeputy276, on Jul 19 2016 - 11:07, said:

i saw it played quite a bit before it was nerfed, after the nerf i have only seen it been driven a couple of times, it is still an issue but the issue is no longer with gameplay balance

Iron_Soul_Stealer #534 Posted Jul 24 2016 - 21:24

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles
  • [JEDI9] JEDI9

View PostHeartMiner, on Jul 18 2016 - 18:15, said:

Simple game theory.

The only right thing to do regarding rigging is to stay silent about it, since the only beneficiaries are the players (not WG), and the only cost is just a few games lost to the riggers. You are reporting this issue at the cost of banning future opportunities to rig for yourself (and everyone else), if you would ever consider to rig. In the end we would all be happy about what we get from rigging, if the players unit against WG by staying silent. 

From the poll we see quite a number of smart people here.

please don't ban me. :)

^..So, you are basically saying...

"If you can't beat'em...then join'em"...:facepalm:

View Postcommander42, on Jul 19 2016 - 16:09, said:

i saw it played quite a bit before it was nerfed, after the nerf i have only seen it been driven a couple of times, it is still an issue but the issue is no longer with gameplay balance

^..Yes, I absolutely agree.

*If there was no suitableadequate, and positive resolution provided by Wargaming.net to solve this problem of rigging/cheating/collusion by players, then it certainly is still an ongoing issue. And even worse, without a proper resolution it will certainly happen again in the near future. The question is...*Will we even have enough honest players left in this game to care..?

commander42 #535 Posted Jul 25 2016 - 16:56

Major

• Players
  • 26494 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Jul 24 2016 - 15:24, said:

^..So, you are basically saying...

"If you can't beat'em...then join'em"...:facepalm:

^..Yes, I absolutely agree.

*If there was no suitableadequate, and positive resolution provided by Wargaming.net to solve this problem of rigging/cheating/collusion by players, then it certainly is still an ongoing issue. And even worse, without a proper resolution it will certainly happen again in the near future. The question is...*Will we even have enough honest players left in this game to care..?

with their lack of an adequate resolution from WGNA I can say with confidence that they opened themselves up to far more widespread cheating given future opportunities, that is where the issue lies, future cheating and even peoples view of the current integrity of the game, which based on this situation gives people no confidence that there is any integrity there, if they thought there was to begin wtih

OstwindFlakpanzer #536 Posted Jul 25 2016 - 17:12

Major

• Players
  • 20919 battles
  • [CUDAS] CUDAS
I think they believe that people will eventually forget if they keep making goofy facebook videos.  we ain't gonna forget.  

commander42 #537 Posted Jul 26 2016 - 17:11

Major

• Players
  • 26494 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostOstwindFlakpanzer, on Jul 25 2016 - 11:12, said:

I think they believe that people will eventually forget if they keep making goofy facebook videos.  we ain't gonna forget.

seems to me their plan all along was ignore ignore ignore and hope it goes away

Tordenskiold #538 Posted Aug 16 2016 - 08:33

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9628 battles
  • [MOSTB] MOSTB

Sorry for the necro (v2 or v3), but this thread has been very enlightening. I missed the whole rigging issue since I took a break from WoT to try out AW. Since that game failed I came back and started spending my money here, though I wish I'd read this thread beforehand. After I came back from my vacation i had planned to get the scorpion, but that plan is shelved permanently. It's obvious that WG does not care about us scrubs who form the vast majority of the playerbase. Well, if they don't care about me, then they obviously don't care about my wallet either, so no more purchases from me. 

Oh well

_Gungrave_ #539 Posted Aug 16 2016 - 11:23

Major

• Players
  • 43752 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

View PostWankermotor, on Aug 16 2016 - 08:33, said:

Sorry for the necro (v2 or v3), but this thread has been very enlightening. I missed the whole rigging issue since I took a break from WoT to try out AW. Since that game failed I came back and started spending my money here, though I wish I'd read this thread beforehand. After I came back from my vacation i had planned to get the scorpion, but that plan is shelved permanently. It's obvious that WG does not care about us scrubs who form the vast majority of the playerbase. Well, if they don't care about me, then they obviously don't care about my wallet either, so no more purchases from me. 

Oh well

enlightening? its 28 pages of bickering.

Tordenskiold #540 Posted Aug 16 2016 - 12:56

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9628 battles
  • [MOSTB] MOSTB

Enlightening in the sense that the 28 pages of bickering covers more than 1/2 year where blatant cheating was discovered and WG only applying a slap on the wrist. Pretty much made me realize that WG isn't interested in creating a fair playground for everyone and hence won't get a dime from me. 

I might be a scrub, but consider gaming part of my entertainment budget, so I've spent decent money on this game. Since I returned from AW, I bought Bromwell, M41 90, FCM 50t and 6 months of premium time. 

But after reading this T-22 travesty my wallet is shut. Not because of envy, as I have no illusions that I'd ever get it. But if WG let the best players blatantly cheat, it tells me more than what I need to know about their ethics. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users