Jump to content


Addressing Rigging


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
545 replies to this topic

Poll: Community Opinion (501 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

What punishment should those that willingly and blatantly engaged in rigging be given?

  1. 1 Day Ban (11 votes [2.20%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.20%

  2. Voted 7 Day Ban (49 votes [9.78%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 9.78%

  3. Voted 1 Month Ban (93 votes [18.56%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 18.56%

  4. Voted 6 Months Ban (48 votes [9.58%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 9.58%

  5. 1 Year Ban (28 votes [5.59%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 5.59%

  6. Voted Permanent Ban (130 votes [25.95%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 25.95%

  7. Voted No Punishment (142 votes [28.34%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 28.34%

What punishment should those that unknowingly (or weren't directly involved) in rigging be given?

  1. Voted 1 Day Ban (55 votes [10.98%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 10.98%

  2. 7 Day Ban (71 votes [14.17%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 14.17%

  3. Voted 1 Month Ban (41 votes [8.18%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 8.18%

  4. 6 Months Ban (14 votes [2.79%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.79%

  5. 1 Year Ban (14 votes [2.79%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.79%

  6. Permanent Ban (35 votes [6.99%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 6.99%

  7. Voted No Punishment (271 votes [54.09%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 54.09%

Should those involved with rigging in any shape or form be banned from Wargaming E-Sports (Including but not limited to Leagues, Tournaments, etc.)?

  1. Voted Yes, for 6 months. (75 votes [14.97%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 14.97%

  2. Voted Yes, for 1 year. (58 votes [11.58%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 11.58%

  3. Yes, for 2 years. (6 votes [1.20%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 1.20%

  4. Voted Yes, Permanently. (182 votes [36.33%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 36.33%

  5. Voted No. (180 votes [35.93%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 35.93%

Vote Hide poll

Guido1212 #541 Posted Aug 16 2016 - 13:25

    Community Contributor

  • Players
  • 80221 battles
  • 8,570
  • [CARTL] CARTL
  • Member since:
    06-11-2011

View PostWankermotor, on Aug 16 2016 - 11:56, said:

Enlightening in the sense that the 28 pages of bickering covers more than 1/2 year where blatant cheating was discovered and WG only applying a slap on the wrist. Pretty much made me realize that WG isn't interested in creating a fair playground for everyone and hence won't get a dime from me. 

I might be a scrub, but consider gaming part of my entertainment budget, so I've spent decent money on this game. Since I returned from AW, I bought Bromwell, M41 90, FCM 50t and 6 months of premium time. 

But after reading this T-22 travesty my wallet is shut. Not because of envy, as I have no illusions that I'd ever get it. But if WG let the best players blatantly cheat, it tells me more than what I need to know about their ethics. 

You've a lot of company.



commander42 #542 Posted Aug 16 2016 - 14:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 26512 battles
  • 5,195
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P
  • Member since:
    07-08-2013

View PostWankermotor, on Aug 16 2016 - 06:56, said:

Enlightening in the sense that the 28 pages of bickering covers more than 1/2 year where blatant cheating was discovered and WG only applying a slap on the wrist. Pretty much made me realize that WG isn't interested in creating a fair playground for everyone and hence won't get a dime from me.

I might be a scrub, but consider gaming part of my entertainment budget, so I've spent decent money on this game. Since I returned from AW, I bought Bromwell, M41 90, FCM 50t and 6 months of premium time.

But after reading this T-22 travesty my wallet is shut. Not because of envy, as I have no illusions that I'd ever get it. But if WG let the best players blatantly cheat, it tells me more than what I need to know about their ethics.

 

glad we could show you the truth, its unfortunate that you didn't catch the story before you bought all of that

R_Razor #543 Posted Aug 17 2016 - 00:34

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8095 battles
  • 1,757
  • [_DDM] _DDM
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

View PostWankermotor, on Aug 16 2016 - 06:56, said:

Enlightening in the sense that the 28 pages of bickering covers more than 1/2 year where blatant cheating was discovered and WG only applying a slap on the wrist. Pretty much made me realize that WG isn't interested in creating a fair playground for everyone and hence won't get a dime from me. 

I might be a scrub, but consider gaming part of my entertainment budget, so I've spent decent money on this game. Since I returned from AW, I bought Bromwell, M41 90, FCM 50t and 6 months of premium time. 

But after reading this T-22 travesty my wallet is shut. Not because of envy, as I have no illusions that I'd ever get it. But if WG let the best players blatantly cheat, it tells me more than what I need to know about their ethics. 

 

Don't sell yourself short..........the ONLY thing you had to have to get a T22 is a complete lack of personal integrity. There are 1400 win8 players and lower, some posting in this very thread (defending the riggers unsurprisingly) that have a T22 in their garage. You can rest assured that they are most certainly not one of the "best" players. They are average to above average at best and are just good at gaming the system and insulting anyone that calls them the bottom feeders that they are.

commander42 #544 Posted Aug 17 2016 - 14:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 26512 battles
  • 5,195
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P
  • Member since:
    07-08-2013

View PostR_Razor, on Aug 16 2016 - 18:34, said:

 

Don't sell yourself short..........the ONLY thing you had to have to get a T22 is a complete lack of personal integrity. There are 1400 win8 players and lower, some posting in this very thread (defending the riggers unsurprisingly) that have a T22 in their garage. You can rest assured that they are most certainly not one of the "best" players. They are average to above average at best and are just good at gaming the system and insulting anyone that calls them the bottom feeders that they are.

 

there are quite a few of them that I have seen with much worse stats then my overalls

but yeah they totally did it legally, especially the ones who didn't own a tier 10 before that(and for some people in this thread who cant tell yes that was sarcasm)

Guido1212 #545 Posted Aug 17 2016 - 15:38

    Community Contributor

  • Players
  • 80221 battles
  • 8,570
  • [CARTL] CARTL
  • Member since:
    06-11-2011

View Postcommander42, on Aug 17 2016 - 13:56, said:

 

there are quite a few of them that I have seen with much worse stats then my overalls

but yeah they totally did it legally, especially the ones who didn't own a tier 10 before that(and for some people in this thread who cant tell yes that was sarcasm)

Nobody got it without rigging at least one mission.  



Steamboat_Willy_Sr #546 Posted Aug 18 2016 - 18:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 39651 battles
  • 3,556
  • [FTRP] FTRP
  • Member since:
    07-11-2011

View PostWankermotor, on Aug 16 2016 - 03:56, said:

Enlightening in the sense that the 28 pages of bickering covers more than 1/2 year where blatant cheating was discovered and WG only applying a slap on the wrist. Pretty much made me realize that WG isn't interested in creating a fair playground for everyone and hence won't get a dime from me. 

I might be a scrub, but consider gaming part of my entertainment budget, so I've spent decent money on this game. Since I returned from AW, I bought Bromwell, M41 90, FCM 50t and 6 months of premium time. 

But after reading this T-22 travesty my wallet is shut. Not because of envy, as I have no illusions that I'd ever get it. But if WG let the best players blatantly cheat, it tells me more than what I need to know about their ethics. 

 

I stopped all expenditures with WG for over six months as a result of this issue, however, finally decided it was time to move on.  It was a bonehead move on WGNA's part and I based my purchasing on that.

 

Since they have come out with the new strikes policy to curb and remove the worst of the repeat offenders, something that I fully approve of, I will now base my purchasing on that.

 

My gold stockpiles just grew by ten fold.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users