PzKpfw S35 739 (f)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

Schwarze_Raven #1 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 02:09

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Alright, call me an idiot, But I spent 1k gold for this little premium. Since then, It's been nothing but fun Sure, when it gets matched wrong it's a liability, but most of the time the MM is nice enough to give tanks you can kill. So, after a few battles in it. I can produce a list of pros and cons for this wonderful French machine. The PzKpfw S35 739 (f) is a Tier III German premium. Despite it's stats, the vehicle is a dependable and capable machine. It's design is well rounded, it's decently fast both in top speed and ROF, the gun is excellent when firing on the move (Killed 6 tanks on Himmlesdorf without having to stop) , The penetration is admirable, on par with a German 50mm.(the worst that you'll face is tier Vs) It's armor is strong enough to take a few hits (Especially from low tier tanks) And the credit gain is excellent for it's tier (Earns at the VERY worse 2k, at the best 14-15k) It costs at worst 700 credits to fix, and it's ammunition is cheap. It's cons unfortunately lie in the gun, which may feel lacking at times though can do damage to higher tier vehicles if you aim at weakspots.There is also a weak spot on the front above the hull seam which can be penetrated by most tier II guns.

In summary, the Pz S35 739 (f), While it isn't the best it's well rounded performance make it a formidable vehicle and a Harbinger of death for an advanced player using it. Personally I enjoy my S35 739 (f), and my writing of this topic was to give my personal take on this often-forgotten vehicle.

Edit: Clarified my review and fixed a few grammar mistakes.

heugan #2 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 02:17

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostChrisMarsh, on Jul 09 2011 - 02:09, said:

Alright, call me an idiot, But I spent 1k gold for this little premium. Since then, It's been nothing but fun Sure, when it gets matched wrong it's a liability, but most of the time the MM is nice enough to give tanks you can kill. So, after a few battles in it. I can produce a list of pros and cons The PzKpfw S35 739 (f) is a Tier III German premium. Despite it's stats, the vehicle is a dependable and capable machine. It's design is well rounded, it's decently fast, the gun is excellent on the move,at a cost of penetration(the worst that you'll face is tier Vs) It's armor is well enough to take a few hits (Especially from low tier tanks) And the credit gain is excellent for it's tier (Earns at the VERY worse 2k, at the best 14-15k) It costs at worst 700 credits to fix, and it's ammunition is cheap. Unfortunately the gun may feel lacking at times though can do damage to higher tier vehicles with good enough aim. There is also a weak spot on the front above the hull seam.

In summary, the Pz S35 739 (f) While it isn't the best , it's well rounded performance make it a formidable vehicle and a Harbinger of death for an advanced player using it. Personally I enjoy my S35 739 (f), and my writing of this topic was to give my personal take on this often-forgotten vehicle.

I can see why you enjoy that tank, I got one in beta and i was very satisfied with it :) the shame as you said is the gun is lacking, but apart from that it is a good tank - rather I think like the Valentine, slow good armour great gun. i dont see why its such a bad tank... and i congratulate for getting this tank and wish you much fun. thanks for the review also :)

quicklace231 #3 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 02:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Good post, I don't see many of these tanks on the field anymore

Schwarze_Raven #4 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 02:40

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I plan on doing a Review of the Char B (PzKpfw B2 740 (f)) as soon as I get it as well. It's not very often you get a Vehicular post that isn't full of ranting and raving and (oohh this tank sucks, ohhh this tank sucks blah blah blah)

tankboy1138 #5 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 03:04

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Today on westfield my entire team got destroyed by one. They fed themselves to it one by one... and after I killed it in my T-40, I was alone aginst 6 tanks. I won, but yes. People who don't know how to fight heavies will lose against that thing big time. I tried it in beta, it was pretty fun.

callme4luv #6 Posted Jul 10 2011 - 07:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I'm new to this tank, however I'm not doing as well in it as I would like.  Could someone enlighten me as to the correct play style for this tank so I may get better, thank you.

Schwarze_Raven #7 Posted Jul 10 2011 - 14:38

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Really I am trying to find out the playstyle for it myself. It's such a dynamic vehicle. It's style is dependent on the situation, and makes a real good bully from long range.

Edit: I get on WoT again thursday or so, if I could know your ingame name, I could have you platoon with me and another S-35.

callme4luv #8 Posted Jul 10 2011 - 23:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
^^ My in-game name is the same as my forum name "callme4luv". I'm currently having issues with my mic, if that is no concern for you I would be more then happy to platoon up with you.  If you want I could add you to friends so we can see when each other is on.

Blitztiger #9 Posted Jul 14 2011 - 04:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
The problem is I always end up facing KV's with this tank.....

Yellow13 #10 Posted Jul 14 2011 - 05:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Just bought it a few hours ago, it's far from perfect, but for a tier 3 medium its a good bit of fun! you'd be surprised how well this tank survives even in higher tier matches (T5 basically)

Tupinambis #11 Posted Jul 14 2011 - 05:29

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I love my S35. It is possibly the best example of "premium tank sickness" in the game. Great in some matches, completely worthless in others. IN a good tier 2-3 match though the S35 is a 99% unstoppable rape machine.

Schwarze_Raven #12 Posted Jul 19 2011 - 19:50

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Alright then, so I got myself a PzKpfw B2 740 (f) And.... by god. What a great vehicle! Same armor as Jgdpz 38 (t) Hetzer, the same rapid-fire gun of the S-35, (While still lacking, the B2's armor makes up for that shortcoming) Excellent maneuverability, And the matchmaking for it's tier is phenomenal! (only goes to tier V at max). My stats in it are pretty poor Win/Loss wise, but that is half to do with my team's comprehension as much as my newness to the vehicle. It costs about $6.95 USD and makes as fair earnings in terms of profit. (Average between 7-14k credits, 2k in repairs at worst, ammunition is dirt cheap) Overall another overlooked but excellent vehicle. I would recommend this as a good buy  :Smile_great:

Tupinambis #13 Posted Jul 19 2011 - 22:20

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I just bought one three days ago as well. I really, really missed my old B2 from the beta and I figured I may as well enjoy it since its going to be a very long time before the actual French tree comes out.
One thing really, REALLY bothers me though. Back in the beta the B2 had a 400 HP engine. Now it has a 360HP engine. I can really feel the difference....

Schwarze_Raven #14 Posted Jul 19 2011 - 22:23

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
When the French tree comes out, they may even give it a hull flamethrower to keep it on par with the Char B1 Bis.

Ivan_Yuri #15 Posted Jul 30 2011 - 02:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
h*ll, I LOVE my pz B2, it kicks a** in battles when it is the highest teir/tank, but when facing off aganst teir 5, the thing is basically canon fodder when you face them....

SteveT44 #16 Posted Aug 03 2011 - 16:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Fun tank.  Last night my team was wiped except for my B2.  Other team had six left.  Took all but one out which was a Valentine.  Talk about over-armored.  That Valentine must have absorbed twenty hits before I was wiped.  In hindsight, I should have switched to HE.

Blitztiger #17 Posted Aug 03 2011 - 19:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostSteveT44, on Aug 03 2011 - 16:54, said:

Fun tank.  Last night my team was wiped except for my B2.  Other team had six left.  Took all but one out which was a Valentine.  Talk about over-armored.  That Valentine must have absorbed twenty hits before I was wiped.  In hindsight, I should have switched to HE.
Normally, I end up being the last one in a game to with this tank.

Schwarze_Raven #18 Posted Aug 03 2011 - 19:54

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostSteveT44, on Aug 03 2011 - 16:54, said:

Even switching to HE would have done zilch against the Valentine.

nicodeimous #19 Posted Aug 29 2011 - 22:44

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Love my S35 its been in 276 battles, killed 394 tanks.  Best battle it got 7 tanks in one match.  Hits about 54% of the time and has generated me 109332k xp over its ownership [more than paying for itself].
8x Top Gun, 5x Confederate, 29x Sharpshooter and 12x Master Gunner.  Played right its a kick ass tank even against higher Tiers.

Baron_de_Pencier #20 Posted Aug 30 2011 - 15:19

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I played with the S35 in the Beta, and I agree with your review, but there's one consideration worth noting: the height of the hull. I often found that you had to be really, really careful placing yourself behind cover, because the high, boxy rear of the hull often got caught out in the open. Plus the somewhat mediocre side and rear armour just makes the profile problem worse. If you're gonna survive any damage in this (I managed Steel Wall a couple times), get yourself in good cover and never, never turn broadside or even close to broadside to an enemy. When you're entrenched, you can basically pump the enemy full of shells at ridiculous rates.