Mods, Are all mods legal

OP mods

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

sonjingohan #1 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 15:41

Private

• Players
  • 576 battles

I have seen for over a year now. Very powerful mods come to this game. Like Aimbot, wallhack, and others I don't know the names to.

I am wondering be4 I start playing again will Wargaming still be letting people do these things? Or will they stop it. B/c I do like games like this. How ever I will not go thought playing a game where people cheat and I get super mad.

I need to know will they stop these MODS.

This vid shows all OP mods On youtube.  (Over Powered Mods ? - World Of Tanks HD) I am not this guy. And I am not trying to support him in anyway shape or form.

I just want to know what wargaming is going to do about these mods. Before I sink anymore money in this company.

What mods are legal or illegal?

Edited by sonjingohan, Dec 05 2015 - 15:42.

Ndtm #2 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 15:44

Major

• Players
  • 17696 battles
The influence the 'banned' mods have is really not as great as you think, sure, there might be some that does help the user in every situation but. just no.. the fact that the game is server sided limits the possibilities for illegal mods, a good player can beat a user using such kinds of mods

Preddy_ #3 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 15:45

Major

• Players
  • 9815 battles
  • [T-F-Z] T-F-Z

You can go play Farmville, that is a valid choice for players who want to blame "HAX" for their lack of success at more complex games, like WoT.

I wouldn't come and spend money here if you intend to whine constantly about mods beating you.

Save us all the trouble and go play Minecraft.

Murosuki #4 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 15:46

Major

• Players
  • 7067 battles

Mods aren't the same as hacks/cheats.

I highly doubt that there is a wallhack in WoT. Having a wallhack would mean that you have to hack the WoT server itself, which isn't worth the risk of actually facing legal problems.

That said, things like aimbots, minimap notifications where someone broke a fence/tree/whatever and shell traces are illegal mods.

l_AnThrax_l #5 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 15:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19425 battles
A few of these mods you mention are not in the game in any form and mods like tree down and others that give you an big advantage over vanilla players are illegal 

Edited by Ethorne22, Dec 05 2015 - 15:49.

MrDoomed #6 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 15:53

Major

• Players
  • 19184 battles

View Postsonjingohan, on Dec 05 2015 - 15:41, said:

I have seen for over a year now. Very powerful mods come to this game. Like Aimbot, wallhack, and others I don't know the names to.

I am wondering be4 I start playing again will Wargaming still be letting people do these things? Or will they stop it. B/c I do like games like this. How ever I will not go thought playing a game where people cheat and I get super mad.

This vid shows all OP mods On youtube.  (Over Powered Mods ? - World Of Tanks HD) I am not this guy. And I am not trying to support him in anyway shape or form.

I just want to know what wargaming is going to do about these mods. Before I sink anymore money in this company.

Wot has no way to stop illegal mod since they dont police them. They allow 3rd party game modifications without ant screening so basically all mods are legal.  Anyone who tells you there are no cheats or illegal mods ruining balance most likely uses them and is just trying to act innocent. 

Oo_RNGesus_oO #7 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 15:57

Major

• Players
  • 64607 battles
  • [W_L] W_L
Garage carousel mod and jimbos sight mod haxer reporting:honoring:

Preddy_ #8 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 16:01

Major

• Players
  • 9815 battles
  • [T-F-Z] T-F-Z

View PostMrDoomed, on Dec 05 2015 - 11:53, said:

Anyone who tells you there are no cheats or illegal mods ruining balance most likely uses them and is just trying to act innocent. 

U so funny !!!

I don't use cheats or illegal mods of any kind... but I also don't whine and cry over them or even notice them as they obviously have only a minuscule effect on gameplay.

Players who incorrectly believe that illegal mods are greatly hindering their ability to succeed in WoT should go look in a mirror to find the real reason for their failings at the game.

commander42 #9 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 16:02

Major

• Players
  • 28634 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View Postsonjingohan, on Dec 05 2015 - 14:41, said:

there are many mods that are technically illegal but I'm sure people use them anyway, and regardless of what some people tell you, some of them are a huge advantage(that is why they are illegal) but people will choose to cheat even with them being illegal because they know there isn't a large chance of getting caught

sonjingohan #10 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 16:30

Private

• Players
  • 576 battles

View PostPreddy_, on Dec 05 2015 - 15:45, said:

You can go play Farmville, that is a valid choice for players who want to blame "HAX" for their lack of success at more complex games, like WoT.

I wouldn't come and spend money here if you intend to whine constantly about mods beating you.

Save us all the trouble and go play Minecraft.

So you one of those.
To all those people that think that wot can't be hacked. How stupid are you? Really? If the governments of the world can be hacked and corporations as well. What the [edited]makes you thank a  gaming company can't? Are you that stupid?     Hear that guys wot and every game every. Are so bad [edited]that they can stop what governments and corporations can't do.I guess they need to ask the game developers for help. wthlol ppl are remataerds.    Good job Destronov keep up the good work.
To all those people that think that wot can't be hacked. How stupid are you? Really? If the governments of the world can be hacked and corporations as well. What the [edited]makes you thank a  gaming company can't? Are you that stupid?     Hear that guys wot and every game every. Are so bad [edited]that they can stop what governments and corporations can't do.I guess they need to ask the game developers for help. wthlol ppl are remataerds.    Good job Destronov keep up the good work.

sonjingohan #11 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 16:31

Private

• Players
  • 576 battles

View PostMurosuki, on Dec 05 2015 - 15:46, said:

Mods aren't the same as hacks/cheats.

I highly doubt that there is a wallhack in WoT. Having a wallhack would mean that you have to hack the WoT server itself, which isn't worth the risk of actually facing legal problems.

That said, things like aimbots, minimap notifications where someone broke a fence/tree/whatever and shell traces are illegal mods.

But wargaming told that guy that they was?

Hellsfog #12 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 16:31

Major

• Players
  • 40722 battles
  • [4ORCE] 4ORCE
Thank you for another crappy post which managed to be crappier than the other hundreds of posts on exactly the same topic.  Please don't get super mad that you look like a idiot. 

sonjingohan #13 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 16:33

Private

• Players
  • 576 battles

View PostMrDoomed, on Dec 05 2015 - 15:53, said:

Wot has no way to stop illegal mod since they dont police them. They allow 3rd party game modifications without ant screening so basically all mods are legal.  Anyone who tells you there are no cheats or illegal mods ruining balance most likely uses them and is just trying to act innocent.

So it will not be worth to play and put money in to this anymore?

sonjingohan #14 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 16:34

Private

• Players
  • 576 battles

View PostNdtm, on Dec 05 2015 - 15:44, said:

The influence the 'banned' mods have is really not as great as you think, sure, there might be some that does help the user in every situation but. just no.. the fact that the game is server sided limits the possibilities for illegal mods, a good player can beat a user using such kinds of mods

If you see that vid there are very powerful mods/hacks..

sonjingohan #15 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 16:42

Private

• Players
  • 576 battles

View PostHellsfog, on Dec 05 2015 - 16:31, said:

Thank you for another crappy post which managed to be crappier than the other hundreds of posts on exactly the same topic.  Please don't get super mad that you look like a idiot.

Your welcome I live to please. Ty for not adding anything good to the problem that I and other people have with cheaters. You must be one.

Edited by sonjingohan, Dec 05 2015 - 16:43.

MrDoomed #16 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 17:02

Major

• Players
  • 19184 battles

View Postsonjingohan, on Dec 05 2015 - 16:33, said:

So it will not be worth to play and put money in to this anymore?

After spending over 1k here i got fed up with the " not cheats " and went to a wot clone that allows no mods and for some wierd reason im way way way better there.

Hellsfog #17 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 17:48

Major

• Players
  • 40722 battles
  • [4ORCE] 4ORCE

View Postsonjingohan, on Dec 05 2015 - 10:42, said:

Your welcome I live to please. Ty for not adding anything good to the problem that I and other people have with cheaters. You must be one.

Yes, I must be a cheater because you don't know how to use the search function and are a dope.  You caught me.  I think you have to be an alt account of the equally idiotic:

View PostMrDoomed, on Dec 05 2015 - 11:02, said:

After spending over 1k here i got fed up with the " not cheats " and went to a wot clone that allows no mods and for some wierd reason im way way way better there.

You should immediately report me, if you can find the report button. 

Ndtm #18 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 17:50

Major

• Players
  • 17696 battles

View Postsonjingohan, on Dec 05 2015 - 16:34, said:

If you see that vid there are very powerful mods/hacks..

You didn't even post a video, and i'm quite aware of what kind of banned mods are out there

Lapdog1 #19 Posted Dec 05 2015 - 18:00

Major

• Players
  • 9047 battles

View PostPreddy_, on Dec 05 2015 - 09:01, said:

U so funny !!!

I don't use cheats or illegal mods of any kind... but I also don't whine and cry over them or even notice them as they obviously have only a minuscule effect on gameplay.

Players who incorrectly believe that illegal mods are greatly hindering their ability to succeed in WoT should go look in a mirror to find the real reason for their failings at the game.

No you whine about people voicing concern over them. The OP has searched Youtube. You are not fooling him. He is aware of how gamebreaking the cheat mods are. The more you try to minimize their influence and claim to have some type of knowledge of how widespread their usage is, the more you prove yourself a fool.

UTurnTerminator #20 Posted Dec 06 2015 - 04:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13160 battles
  • [DCAF] DCAF

Illegal mods? Seriously? Okay, I can see how shell tracers and aimbots would make the game "unfair" but there's nothing game-breaking like wall-hacks of invincibility here at all. If you've got an aimbot, awesome- some guy with a bigger tank is always going to be there to put a hole in you at some point. I'm far from a veteran player, but I've only ever seen one player that I thought might have been using something illegal to boost his aim, but he may have just been that good too. I'm kinda weary of all these guys with a handful of matches played shouting "HAX!" every time they lose. Are people these days really that insecure about losing? If I get blown up, I learn from my mistakes, and get over it- I'm not going to get bent out of shape over someone blowwing up my virtual tank with their virtual tank. The odds of a user using a mod, illegal or otherwise, "ruining" your game experience is pretty low in a game like this, especially where it's based around the strength and skill of your team.

If you're really that worried about "1337 Haxzors" ruining your World of Tanks experience, then I'd recommend you get your gaming battle fix from Nintendo's "Splatoon" instead. Just my 2 cents on that one.

:teethhappy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users