Lost money, when I won and did well, premium account

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

PFCWilliams #1 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 04:55

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
So ya....
t-32, no FF, did well, did good damage, fired allot of shots,  made 1000 credits?  lolwhat?
t-32, no FF, got caught out in middle but a pair of rushing is-4s, they have afterburners you know, tracked and fucked hard, lost 10K credits.

Why am I losing any credits if I pay to play?

I know its because they want us to pay more money to get gold to convert credits to buy new tanks.  But I paid $15 for a month.  Why do I have to pay more to advance?

UnknownPpl #2 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 04:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
They want us to use low tier tank...
As low tier sure earning...

Wallachia #3 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 04:59

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

I know its because they want us to pay more money to get gold to convert credits to buy new tanks. But I paid $15 for a month. Why do I have to pay more to advance?

No. Even they said that using gold to convert into credits is a bad idea.

They also said that high-tier tanks are credit-sinks, because the intention is that players play with mid-tiers more.

DemonicSpoon #4 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 05:01

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

Why am I losing any credits if I pay to play?

using gold to convert into credits is a bad idea; it's likely designed for new players who are short on cash and have no reasonable means of making it quickly.

The idea, OP, is that you don't run top tier tanks all the time. To encourage people to use something other than high tiers, the top tiers (8-10) will often lose money, even Premium accounts (Though many players are able to make a profit even on tier 9s with premium). The solution to this is to play the more profitable mid-tier tanks.

__gabriel__ #5 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 05:03

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Starting generally with tier 6+, a rubbish round in your vehicle will result in a loss of credits. (I'm talking like you spawn in, move to a spot and are spotted +blown to hell by arty without firing a round....like that bad of a round).

Generally speaking even doing a modest amount of damage to the enemy team will keep you in positive credits well into tier 8.

The better sort of players have no issue staying in the profit with tier 9 and 10s, or at least neutral. They'll never be great credit generators though.

Top_Gear_UK #6 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 05:33

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 0 battles
you dont want my T54...

Onyx #7 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 06:58

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postgabriel, on Jul 09 2011 - 05:03, said:

Starting generally with tier 6+, a rubbish round in your vehicle will result in a loss of credits. (I'm talking like you spawn in, move to a spot and are spotted +blown to hell by arty without firing a round....like that bad of a round).

Generally speaking even doing a modest amount of damage to the enemy team will keep you in positive credits well into tier 8.

The better sort of players have no issue staying in the profit with tier 9 and 10s, or at least neutral. They'll never be great credit generators though.

This is largely accurate.

OP, as long as you are:
  • Not wasting a lot of shots on misses or bounces,
  • Not getting completely annihilated after doing 1 shot,
  • Not burning your consumables every game
you should be pulling a profit.  I've been able, in a Patton, to fire off only 2 or 3 shots and still pull a profit.  I, admittedly, don't know how bad it is in a T32, and I know from when I used the King Tiger that it was fairly hit or miss at times, I'm just saying, if you do well, you will pull a profit.

I won't insult you by looking up your statistics or the like, all I can offer is, if you are doing any of those 3 points, that is why you'll lose money.  At 1000 credits a shot, wasting any shots is asking for a net loss if you do it more than 25% of the time.

FaustianQ #8 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 07:14

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostOnyx, on Jul 09 2011 - 06:58, said:

OP, as long as you are:
  • Not wasting a lot of shots on misses or bounces,
  • Not getting completely annihilated after doing 1 shot,
  • Not burning your consumables every game
you should be pulling a profit.  I've been able, in a Patton, to fire off only 2 or 3 shots and still pull a profit.  I, admittedly, don't know how bad it is in a T32, and I know from when I used the King Tiger that it was fairly hit or miss at times, I'm just saying, if you do well, you will pull a profit.

I won't insult you by looking up your statistics or the like, all I can offer is, if you are doing any of those 3 points, that is why you'll lose money.  At 1000 credits a shot, wasting any shots is asking for a net loss if you do it more than 25% of the time.

T32 is fine for profit, in a bad game, I will at worst break even, in a good game will make more then I would using T5/6s.

Zedzded #9 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 07:36

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
I haven't worked my way up the U.S. heavy line yet, but I tracked my profitability in my tier 8 IS-3 (on premium) for almost 80 games. On average, I profit 8k per game.
My general stats are a bit higher than yours, but you seem to be doing (relatively) decent in the accuracy and avg. xp depts.

Maybe you've just had a bad day - I had at least one day where I was in 7 losing games out of 10. No need to say how that can affect profitability. The most interesting thing I've found by collecting stats is that a great losing match can be far more profitable than a bad winning match. This has, somewhat ironically, made me a better player by driving me to learn how to more effectively damage tier 9 and 10 tanks.

Wait till you hit tier 9! I'm managing a very small profit, but if you're struggling now, the next tier will be much worse.

zodiak21 #10 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 11:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
if ur struggling i suggest u dont grind for t8arty, that is a money pit! 22k to repair if killed 1.7kish per shell on my obj261, keep in mind i generally have no chance of spotting/capping/defending bonuses :P, not moaning just letting you know your not alone in the world, why u always gotta keep lower tanks in the garage for creds.(not only is it cheaper to run, but your more familiar with the tank and generally get lower matches(depending on what your "lower"tank is) which means "less experienced players")

Sn0vvman #11 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 13:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
you are loosing credits because some Yahoo (i strongly mean a more inappropriate word but cant use it) thought it would be better to give you credits based on dmg DONE but since the mm system is terrible/broken and places your tank in battles 2 levels higher then yours (most of the time) it is hard to do dmg and thus the whole "the more dmg you do the more credits you get" system is flawed......the way things are now this game will only push ppl away and eventually die....good thing bf3 is on its way

__gabriel__ #12 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 13:51

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostOnyx, on Jul 09 2011 - 06:58, said:

OP, as long as you are:
[list=1][*]Not wasting a lot of shots on misses or bounces,[*]Not getting completely annihilated after doing 1 shot,

I should have mentioned this, so I'll just reinforce it here.
1k+ credit rounds and missing shots aren't good for the credit intake, aim well.

aznnoodle727 #13 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 13:57

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
It's an effective way to ensure that matchmaker won't break as much as it did in CBT. Everyone, if it works correctly, will either have a few lower tier tanks in hand or get Gold.

It's very clever, if you think about it.

CaptIceman #14 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 14:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
If I do decent, and in a win, I'm able to even make money with my IS-7. Not much tho.

Although if I lose and get killed, well, than it's a nightmare for my accountant...

You can easily lose 40K in a bad tier X match.

That's why I have my Löwe to keep me in a green area.

Preston_ #15 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 14:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostSn0vvman, on Jul 09 2011 - 13:48, said:

you are loosing credits because some Yahoo (i strongly mean a more inappropriate word but cant use it) thought it would be better to give you credits based on dmg DONE but since the mm system is terrible/broken and places your tank in battles 2 levels higher then yours (most of the time) it is hard to do dmg and thus the whole "the more dmg you do the more credits you get" system is flawed......the way things are now this game will only push ppl away and eventually die....good thing bf3 is on its way

I have to agree with this.  It is very frustrating.

Sn0vvman #16 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 14:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Enjoy the lowe while you can the crybabies are on the prowl and have already gotten the xp and credit gain nerfed on it once....first battle on any tank is most profitable but after that good luck getting anything out of the lowe......recently my lowe has been put in with is-7s and mauses so much for doing dmg and earning some credits

poida84 #17 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 14:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
hope its on topic. i been losing money now too i used to do good with prem account  on mid level tier 4 and 5 brang in alot of exp and cash now havnt been getting past 1k exp or 15-20k silver has something changed? its getting frustraing now its like its without the prem account :( my play style has improved but the exp and silver has worsen??? i enjoyed the 1200-2k exp and 20-30k  cash  befor :( whats goign on?

need answers guess its a waste to keep getting monthly prem account if ya make it worst!
!

crnivuk #18 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 16:44

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostPreston_, on Jul 09 2011 - 14:16, said:

I have to agree with this.  It is very frustrating.
Yes. hence why I made a topic about it once here: Regarding the Future of battles and Player-Numbers

Where I mention the issues about mid Tier tanks (between 4 and 7) beeing eventually stuck in high Tier battles where they have virtually no chance of doing huge damage. It is not impossible. But still the risk is much higher compared to battles of your own Tier or a Tier range which is acceptable. For example a Panzer IV will have a much easier time fighting a single T29 or Tiger 1 (and even penetrate!) then a Tier 9 for example. That is obvious. Now what happens when you are with your Panzer IV the bottom fighting lots of Tier 8 and 9 tanks ? As soon I start to load He shells I get a lot of "we didnt penetrate their armor!" and bounces. Because frankly to hit weak spots and pray for penetrations is a gamble because you can aim for the weak spott but you can not tell your shell that it should always hit the center of your circle.

That kinda negates a bit the point of Tier 5 or 6 tanks being the "credit farmers" and why so many happily join the Lowe players. Even if they dont like the Lowe but geting 90k credits in a match you LOST is pretty damn nice. This is no rant against Löwes or Löwe users. Just saying. You are obviously much better of with driving that thing all the time then using a Tier 5. Which is "ok". But the difference is a Löwe will be usefull in any Tier battle as money maker. A Panzer IV or Stug not. Because only Damage = Money.

A few things should be done to change that. First the game should count critical hits as "damage" for you. Gecause simply if you kill a crew member or some other "module" you criple the enemy tank. And that should be something worth. The other change should be that the gain should be much bigger the Higher the Tier is you kill. If a Panzer IV does damage to an IS4 for example he should get much more credits then now. Why ? Because currently you see often enough the bottom tanks driving in suicide becaues that might give them more exp and credits then trying to play "smart" because once your tank is dead you simply jump in another one instead of waiting somewhere 10 min. just to get oneshoted eventually anyway. But with the prospect on credits you would actually have a reason to play better. Economicaly it ends often enough in a disaster when you play with lower Tiers in high Tier games.

Zverofaust #19 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 17:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostWallachia, on Jul 09 2011 - 04:59, said:

No. Even they said that using gold to convert into credits is a bad idea.

They also said that high-tier tanks are credit-sinks, because the intention is that players play with mid-tiers more.

Going to call bullshit on that. Even if they did say it it's an obvious lie; medium teirs are incredibly fucked over to drive players to empty their wallets to stop being assraped when 75% of the tanks they're up against are higher tiers.

zodiak21 #20 Posted Jul 09 2011 - 19:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
if u find your self outclassed, load up on HE rounds(they ALMOST always do some damage) and if u dmg tanks 2tiers higher than you you get way more exp/cred then if u dmg tanks of the same tier...observe-adapt-survive or get over it and go play something else. the system is fine.