Jump to content


I'll be honest, I like Proving Ground


  • Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

Iron_Soul_Stealer #141 Posted Jan 06 2018 - 00:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 9,777
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostGothraul, on Apr 09 2017 - 21:10, said:

I wish they did this for all tiers and all the usual maps as this mode is good for going full hurr durr just to blow off steam.

 

^..Yep, I'd love to see that, too. Or at least bring Proving Grounds to tier 5, for now....

 

And I agree, it's fun to blow off some steam sometimes, and blast some bots.

 

 



Iron_Soul_Stealer #142 Posted Jan 31 2018 - 04:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 9,777
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Dec 21 2017 - 20:28, said:

Call me stupid, but I just figured something out here...:amazed:

 

Has anyone else out there noticed that all of the bot tanks in Proving Grounds are named after stars and other celestial bodies..?

 

*ie. El Nath {Beta Tauri}, Altair, etc., etc...{the list goes on and on..}

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_Tauri

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altair

^..Yep, true story...:rolleyes:

All the bots are "super" stars! Nice touch, Wargaming! 

 

And on that note...

I just saw this beautiful star the other night. First in a quick game of Proving Grounds, and then in my backyard. I looked up.. and to the North, and there it was. Beautiful! 

 

Polaris

 

 

 

 



Iron_Soul_Stealer #143 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 02:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 9,777
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

So, apparently WG is removing Proving Grounds completely from the game in 1.0..?

 

Too bad....:( I hope they plan on replacing it with something better.

 



Iron_Soul_Stealer #144 Posted Apr 24 2018 - 23:17

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 9,777
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Yep, it's true.

Rest in Peace Proving Grounds.

 

 So, if we're not going to have Proving Grounds anymore....

 

*Then I'd like to see this PvE/co-op mode implemented in the game:

A Historical Battle scenario {PvE mode} would be super fun and cool, as long as there are no restrictions placed on tank type and tier used by allies {us}. I remember the old historical battle mode where players were restricted and only allowed to use particular tanks and tiers. I wouldn't want that kind of restriction again. I want to be able to use ALL of my tanks, regardless of tier {tiers 1 through 10}. Maybe the enemy tank bots could be historically accurate. I'd be fine with that. But I think I own some 'prototype' premium tanks that I would still like to use in this mode, even though they are probably not historically accurate. 

 

Another thing I remember is {was} the long waiting time to get into those historical battles. I would wait, and wait...and wait, only to be booted out because not enough real players were joining in. WG could easily fix that problem by simply filling in the empty allied spots with friendly bots, like they currently do in Warships, {If there aren't enough real players in the Q at that particular moment}. Again, I don't have a problem with that. As long as I could still earn some decent credits and XP, and advance my crew skills. I'd love to be able to play tanks in a historical PvE mode. If WG did this, I might even dust off my tier 8, and finally learn how to use it properly.

 

 

 

 



Grey_Owl #145 Posted Jun 03 2018 - 01:34

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 900 battles
  • 777
  • Member since:
    12-09-2012

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Apr 24 2018 - 17:17, said:

Yep, it's true.

Rest in Peace Proving Grounds.

 

 So, if we're not going to have Proving Grounds anymore....

 

*Then I'd like to see this PvE/co-op mode implemented in the game:

A Historical Battle scenario {PvE mode} would be super fun and cool, as long as there are no restrictions placed on tank type and tier used by allies {us}. I remember the old historical battle mode where players were restricted and only allowed to use particular tanks and tiers. I wouldn't want that kind of restriction again. I want to be able to use ALL of my tanks, regardless of tier {tiers 1 through 10}. Maybe the enemy tank bots could be historically accurate. I'd be fine with that. But I think I own some 'prototype' premium tanks that I would still like to use in this mode, even though they are probably not historically accurate. 

 

Another thing I remember is {was} the long waiting time to get into those historical battles. I would wait, and wait...and wait, only to be booted out because not enough real players were joining in. WG could easily fix that problem by simply filling in the empty allied spots with friendly bots, like they currently do in Warships, {If there aren't enough real players in the Q at that particular moment}. Again, I don't have a problem with that. As long as I could still earn some decent credits and XP, and advance my crew skills. I'd love to be able to play tanks in a historical PvE mode. If WG did this, I might even dust off my tier 8, and finally learn how to use it properly.

 

 

 

 

 

I agree. I would like a historical battle option like the one you described. I think that would be interesting and fun.

   



Iron_Soul_Stealer #146 Posted Oct 01 2018 - 02:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 9,777
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostGrey_Owl, on Jun 02 2018 - 19:34, said:

 

I agree. I would like a historical battle option like the one you described. I think that would be interesting and fun.

   

 

^..Sadly, I don't think Wargaming is listening.

 

 



da_Rock002 #147 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 13:53

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 7939 battles
  • 3,046
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016

The Common Test that's running now has got "bot mode" working in tier5.    It's a regular Random with 15 players to a side with one wrinkle.   The queues for the lower tiers are so empty, that the MM is taking the few tier5 players who show up and adding enough bots to fill the sides to 15 vehicles.

 

I've seen 2 humans to a side, and 3 humans to a side.

 

 

It basically works like the old Proving Grounds only it's not restricted to bottom tier tanks. 

It looks like the AI isn't improved at all.   Using the larger maps leaves the bots at a loss when they wander off into what to them looks like uncharted territory.  But it's still a good place to try out things.   And it should only get better.   That is, if WG takes the time and effort to work on the AI. 


 

It is said to be planned for LATAM.    Hopefully WG won't segregate it and US players have access. 

And hopefully it won't update your stats, as the bots are deadly in bunches but pushovers after they've dispersed.   Right now, it definitely does NOT play like regular Random does. 



Iron_Soul_Stealer #148 Posted Oct 18 2018 - 05:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 9,777
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postda_Rock002, on Oct 08 2018 - 07:53, said:

The Common Test that's running now has got "bot mode" working in tier5.    It's a regular Random with 15 players to a side with one wrinkle.   The queues for the lower tiers are so empty, that the MM is taking the few tier5 players who show up and adding enough bots to fill the sides to 15 vehicles.

 

I've seen 2 humans to a side, and 3 humans to a side.

 

 

It basically works like the old Proving Grounds only it's not restricted to bottom tier tanks. 

It looks like the AI isn't improved at all.   Using the larger maps leaves the bots at a loss when they wander off into what to them looks like uncharted territory.  But it's still a good place to try out things.   And it should only get better.   That is, if WG takes the time and effort to work on the AI. 


 

It is said to be planned for LATAM.    Hopefully WG won't segregate it and US players have access. 

And hopefully it won't update your stats, as the bots are deadly in bunches but pushovers after they've dispersed.   Right now, it definitely does NOT play like regular Random does. 

 

^..Interesting.... 

 

*But honestly, I'm still waiting for this PvE mode:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/64995-the-chieftains-random-musings-thread/page__st__7840__pid__11542472#entry11542472

 

Spoiler

 

 

 



Iron_Soul_Stealer #149 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 09:55

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 9,777
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Thank you for the 5 million credits and the free garage slot, Wargaming.

 

Now, if we can just have a decent multi-tier PvE battle mode. Something historical would be nice...

 



da_Rock002 #150 Posted Dec 02 2018 - 19:18

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 7939 battles
  • 3,046
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016

Hey, you should take a shot at the SA server.   The bots there in the lower tiers provide a hint of what that'd be like.

 

 

They're not exactly unbeatable, and the ratio of human to bot is 8/7v8/7. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users