Jump to content


Tiger II


  • Please log in to reply
620 replies to this topic

Poll: Tiger II (1993 members have cast votes)

What equipment do you use on the Tiger 2?

  1. Vertical Stabilizer Mk 2 (830 votes [14.58%])

    Percentage of vote: 14.58%

  2. Improved Ventilation Class 3 (1076 votes [18.90%])

    Percentage of vote: 18.90%

  3. "Wet" Ammo Rack Class 2 (62 votes [1.09%])

    Percentage of vote: 1.09%

  4. Toolbox (197 votes [3.46%])

    Percentage of vote: 3.46%

  5. Large-Caliber Tank Gun Rammer (1725 votes [30.31%])

    Percentage of vote: 30.31%

  6. Large Spall Liner (312 votes [5.48%])

    Percentage of vote: 5.48%

  7. Fill Tanks with CO2 (30 votes [0.53%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.53%

  8. Enhanced Torsion Bars 5+ t Class (37 votes [0.65%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.65%

  9. Enhanced Gun Laying Drive (470 votes [8.26%])

    Percentage of vote: 8.26%

  10. Coated Optics (293 votes [5.15%])

    Percentage of vote: 5.15%

  11. Binocular Telescope (314 votes [5.52%])

    Percentage of vote: 5.52%

  12. Camouflage Net (259 votes [4.55%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.55%

  13. None (87 votes [1.53%])

    Percentage of vote: 1.53%

What Consumables do you use on the Tiger 2?

  1. Large Repair Kit (207 votes [3.79%])

    Percentage of vote: 3.79%

  2. Large First Aid Kit (156 votes [2.86%])

    Percentage of vote: 2.86%

  3. Chocolate (49 votes [0.90%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.90%

  4. Automatic Fire Extinguishers (295 votes [5.40%])

    Percentage of vote: 5.40%

  5. Small Repair Kit (1637 votes [29.98%])

    Percentage of vote: 29.98%

  6. Small First Aid Kit (1562 votes [28.60%])

    Percentage of vote: 28.60%

  7. Manual Fire Extinguisher (1382 votes [25.31%])

    Percentage of vote: 25.31%

  8. None (173 votes [3.17%])

    Percentage of vote: 3.17%

Which gun do you use?

  1. 88L71 (for credit making) (322 votes [16.16%])

    Percentage of vote: 16.16%

  2. 105mm L52 (for DPM) (153 votes [7.68%])

    Percentage of vote: 7.68%

  3. 105mm L68 (for penetration and maximal performance (1518 votes [76.17%])

    Percentage of vote: 76.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

wiking1974 #81 Posted Oct 15 2011 - 07:01

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 13528 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
I did well grinding the Tiger 1 and Jagpanther......but the KT even fully upgraded
is weak.  It cant make creds and is easy prey to the Type 59. I really looked
forward to it, but the thing is a total disappointment.

The ammo cost is a nightmare and nothing sucks more than a solid side shot
on enemy tanks that is a 0% damage so called 'critical hit' or having 3 out
of 4 shots on a Type 59 'bounce'

TimiBoy #82 Posted Oct 15 2011 - 22:30

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 43961 battles
  • 145
  • [PIGZ] PIGZ
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011
I don't know why anyone would complain about the Tiger I or II. Hell, you're driving a Tiger! To an old fogie like me, it's the culmination of a dream. 20 + years playing PC games and finally I can play a Legend. I don't know why anyone would play anything else. Silly Shermans. Lousy Grants. Crappy Russian stuff - no quality, just quantity. Get with the programme, people!

I just hang back and snipe with my Tiger I, and will do the same with the II in most battles, I suspect. It's a successful strategy. But most of all, my Father in Law was a gunnery instructor in the things and fought (on foot) on the Eastern Front and in The Battle of Berlin, so the sense of history is a big deal to me!

Cheers,

Tim

Fakamoto #83 Posted Oct 16 2011 - 22:07

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 16850 battles
  • 90
  • Member since:
    05-01-2011

View Posttcwhittle, on Oct 15 2011 - 22:30, said:

I don't know why anyone would complain about the Tiger I or II. Hell, you're driving a Tiger! To an old fogie like me, it's the culmination of a dream. 20 + years playing PC games and finally I can play a Legend. I don't know why anyone would play anything else. Silly Shermans. Lousy Grants. Crappy Russian stuff - no quality, just quantity.

in-game Tiger is fine tank, if you know what to drive it. I guess, you do. Personally, I liked it a lot. It took me only abt. 250 games to unlock the Tiger 2. During the actual War the Tiger was, well, not all that uber-successful, especially after folks on Eastern front figured out how to deal with it.

View Posttcwhittle, on Oct 15 2011 - 22:30, said:

But most of all, my Father in Law was a gunnery instructor in the things and fought (on foot) on the Eastern Front and in The Battle of Berlin, so the sense of history is a big deal to me!

That's gotta make you at least part-German. So you gotta know what Soviet arty feels like ;)

FreedomFighterEx #84 Posted Oct 16 2011 - 22:55

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 2913 battles
  • 448
  • Member since:
    03-24-2011
Tiger, she was fine tank if you know how to operate her.

here.
http://forum.worldof...nk-love-thread/

also i just bough King Tiger and on first match i got this

http://img.ihere.org.../40adf941ca.jpg

gotta love how she can snipe and she can brawl, even not good as USA or USSR but she handle well
*i didn't have enough cred for her proper equipment, those were reserve for new born tank : (

DriveByTracker #85 Posted Oct 17 2011 - 20:44

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 9704 battles
  • 31
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011
I've got 83 battles in my KT and there have been some ups and many downs.  I just unlocked the long 105 which along with the upgraded turret makes a huge difference.  However, even though my kills are up the last 15 battles I’m maybe 4 – 11!?!  My KT winning percentage is around 35% whereas my overall percentage is 46%.  Unfortunately, I’m frequently forced into a lead role and end up slugging it out.  I’ll usually have one or two kills but it rarely ends well.  As many other have said if you can stay back a bit and play a support role you’re going to be more successful.  I try to follow an IS series or a heavy US tank and get into a position to help them.  My best match was 4 kills rolling with an IS-3.  
I added the Toolbox to help with the repairs (which are constant).  The upgraded suspension reduced the number of times I get tracked but it is still a very common occurrence.  The Spall Liner seems to have helped a little with the Arty damage.  There was one extremely quick battle when I got tracked by the first Arty shot, the second knocked out my gun, third tracked the other side, fourth killed me.  I was out of the game before I could even fire a shot.
Overall, IMHO the game play on the public server(s) does not suit this tank well.  Too many cowboys don’t understand the team concept or how to use the mini-map to keep the lines balanced (or just don’t care).  They shoot out of the gate in one direction and never look back and get themselves killed within the first two minutes of game play.  In the end I’m left defending a flank against over-whelming odds (the dead ones also like to criticize my conservative strategy after their stupid blitzkrieg lost the battle for our team).

How does one platoon with others?  Do you have to be in clan?

SHISHKABOB #86 Posted Oct 18 2011 - 22:27

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 8799 battles
  • 13,143
  • Member since:
    12-06-2010
finally I get to vote in this prestigious poll  :Smile_honoring:

I f-f-frikkin' love the King Tiger. It's pretty much everything I ever wanted out of a tank. Big, powerful, hard hitting, bouncing shots pretty well.

and it's sexy as heck! I'm soooo close to the long 105mm, I think with that thing it is going to take the KT to the next level.

best tank ever? King Tiger.

TimiBoy #87 Posted Oct 18 2011 - 23:11

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 43961 battles
  • 145
  • [PIGZ] PIGZ
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

View PostFakamoto, on Oct 16 2011 - 22:07, said:

in-game Tiger is fine tank, if you know what to drive it. I guess, you do. Personally, I liked it a lot. It took me only abt. 250 games to unlock the Tiger 2. During the actual War the Tiger was, well, not all that uber-successful, especially after folks on Eastern front figured out how to deal with it.



That's gotta make you at least part-German. So you gotta know what Soviet arty feels like ;)

I'm not, but my Wife is. Wolfgang (F-I-L) fought at Seelow Heights. Largest accumulation of artillery pieces ever, the Russians had I think 1 gun per metre? He, along with many others, deserted in Berlin, but was sadly captured by the French, who (understandably I guess...) treated him very, very badly. He was at one time an Aide to Field Marshall Guderian, and knew him personally.

I actually copped a lot of grief for marrying a German girl. I'm 5th generation Australian, and Uncles/Grandfather all fought in either Pacific or Europe in WW1 & 2. Trenches, artillery, Tanker (MM), and a Fighter Pilot (Beaufighter Ace, DFC). Dad actually raised me to believe Germans had square heads. Nice.

Cheers,

Tim

Muhvi #88 Posted Oct 19 2011 - 08:24

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 139
  • Member since:
    11-15-2010

View Postvestrace, on Oct 17 2011 - 20:44, said:

I've got 83 battles in my KT and there have been some ups and many downs.  I just unlocked the long 105 which along with the upgraded turret makes a huge difference.  However, even though my kills are up the last 15 battles I’m maybe 4 – 11!?!  My KT winning percentage is around 35% whereas my overall percentage is 46%.  Unfortunately, I’m frequently forced into a lead role and end up slugging it out.  I’ll usually have one or two kills but it rarely ends well.  As many other have said if you can stay back a bit and play a support role you’re going to be more successful.  I try to follow an IS series or a heavy US tank and get into a position to help them.  My best match was 4 kills rolling with an IS-3.  
I added the Toolbox to help with the repairs (which are constant).  The upgraded suspension reduced the number of times I get tracked but it is still a very common occurrence.  The Spall Liner seems to have helped a little with the Arty damage.  There was one extremely quick battle when I got tracked by the first Arty shot, the second knocked out my gun, third tracked the other side, fourth killed me.  I was out of the game before I could even fire a shot.
Overall, IMHO the game play on the public server(s) does not suit this tank well.  Too many cowboys don’t understand the team concept or how to use the mini-map to keep the lines balanced (or just don’t care).  They shoot out of the gate in one direction and never look back and get themselves killed within the first two minutes of game play.  In the end I’m left defending a flank against over-whelming odds (the dead ones also like to criticize my conservative strategy after their stupid blitzkrieg lost the battle for our team).

How does one platoon with others?  Do you have to be in clan?

You gotta learn how to play tier 8 tank. I have 56% win ratio with KT and i'm forced to use 88mm L71 most of the time because i don't have premium and 105mm ammo is too pricey. You are not invincible supertank, play more cautiously. Don't go to slugfests if not absolutely necessary, but stay at range.

Orion03 #89 Posted Oct 19 2011 - 09:18

    Captain

  • Players
  • 9516 battles
  • 1,770
  • Member since:
    08-17-2011

View Postvestrace, on Oct 17 2011 - 20:44, said:

How does one platoon with others?  Do you have to be in clan?

No you do not have to be in a clan, where you find the battle button, there's options there for forming a platoon,

see this: http://forum.worldof...create-platoon/

DriveByTracker #90 Posted Oct 20 2011 - 20:36

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 9704 battles
  • 31
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011

View PostMuhvi, on Oct 19 2011 - 08:24, said:

You gotta learn how to play tier 8 tank. I have 56% win ratio with KT and i'm forced to use 88mm L71 most of the time because i don't have premium and 105mm ammo is too pricey. You are not invincible supertank, play more cautiously. Don't go to slugfests if not absolutely necessary, but stay at range.


You’re correct; there is quite a learning curve.  I hated the Tiger I so played it sparingly…it had me wishing I had gone through the Russian tree first.  I’m glad I didn’t!  The win percentage is up to 44% (although my survival rate is still awful) and I received 2 Steel Walls and a Confederate yesterday.  Keeping myself out of 1 vs. 3 and getting the tank angled correctly has helped.  I have to use a KV-5 and Type 59 to support the long 103.
Thanks for the feedback!
GW

DriveByTracker #91 Posted Oct 20 2011 - 20:41

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 9704 battles
  • 31
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011

View PostOrion03, on Oct 19 2011 - 09:18, said:

No you do not have to be in a clan, where you find the battle button, there's options there for forming a platoon,

see this: http://forum.worldof...create-platoon/


Good to know.....  I don't have any friends playing this game so I guess I'm stuck in the pubs.  No worries....family keeps me pretty busy so my playing time is limited anyway.  

Thanks,

GW

Dr_Venture #92 Posted Oct 20 2011 - 21:05

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5197 battles
  • 176
  • Member since:
    05-06-2011
So I've slugged it out...fought...died....yelled at the screen...and finally I have a fully upgraded king tiger.

Yet I'm confused...I bounce off the Type 59 easily and the IS tanks really only can be hurt if you use HE.

I HAVE to be doing something wrong.

tsunamik #93 Posted Oct 20 2011 - 22:51

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 21
  • Member since:
    09-17-2011
yea, dont aim on those freakingly sloped IS series/T59 turrets, and u will be fine...

Muhvi #94 Posted Oct 21 2011 - 07:32

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 139
  • Member since:
    11-15-2010

View PostDr_Venture, on Oct 20 2011 - 21:05, said:

So I've slugged it out...fought...died....yelled at the screen...and finally I have a fully upgraded king tiger.

Yet I'm confused...I bounce off the Type 59 easily and the IS tanks really only can be hurt if you use HE.

I HAVE to be doing something wrong.

Check weak spots on IS-IS3-IS4 front armor and you are okay, dont shoot turret. Generally i win 1vs1 against IS3 or T32 as i penetrate with every shot and they bounce few. And i have small HP advantage as well.

Thunder404 #95 Posted Oct 22 2011 - 13:38

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4771 battles
  • 67
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011
To be honest.. i love  the Tiger 1 and the Tiger II tanks, many said that Tiger 1 is the worst and underpowered tank in-game. but i say "it's deadly when used the way Tiger used to be". Snipe at long ranges, relocate and flank areas that are unexpected from the enemy. And for Tiger II or AKA : Royal Tiger, i got 10 kills in it, by supporting and taking out tanks from ranges, and in close quarter fight KT is good, and always aim for the weakspot of the enemy tanks possible.

No matter what other player's tell about the Tiger I and the Tiger II, that it is rubbish, Tiger's are built for long range and mid range combat engagements/ Final words Tiger I and Tiger II is a good tank in game, i didnt got too much problems in it.. and i love it  :Smile_honoring:

Lisped #96 Posted Oct 22 2011 - 18:41

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8574 battles
  • 1,565
  • [FURHQ] FURHQ
  • Member since:
    02-20-2011

View PostNoble, on Oct 06 2011 - 20:58, said:

OP states a Pershing and a King Tiger met, where is the source for this? I'm quite interested because as far as I know, they never met upon the fields of war. Apart from the Super Pershing and the King Tiger, Super Pershing coming out on top.

They did meet.

I read a book stating  super pershign knocked one out and a panther.

Tex_Arcana #97 Posted Oct 24 2011 - 18:39

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 32070 battles
  • 363
  • Member since:
    07-25-2011

View PostLisped, on Oct 22 2011 - 18:41, said:

They did meet.

I read a book stating  super pershign knocked one out and a panther.
The only Super Pershing of the American 3rd Armoured Div. to see active combat in the European Theatre did indeed encounter a Bengal Tiger.
http://www.3ad.com/h....pershing.1.htm
Whether it ever engaged a Panther is not mentioned; though there is famous footage of a "Normal" Pershing engaging, and destroying a Panther Ausf. G.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6vb6vaUGy28

Hellheavytanks #98 Posted Nov 05 2011 - 01:23

    Captain

  • Players
  • 23713 battles
  • 1,405
  • Member since:
    02-15-2011
I got Tiger II now, But...

Porsche-turm (stock)
Armor 100/80/80 was little more mantlet 120mm turret armor.

mechsftw #99 Posted Nov 09 2011 - 05:10

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 21977 battles
  • 748
  • [AYAYA] AYAYA
  • Member since:
    03-11-2011
This is my next goal. looks great, can't wait to play a T8 with a decent gun! (not that i hated my T32) BUT... I'm stuck with the PZ3/4 stock with 8k credits left. Guess the T-50 has to go  :(

lostwingman #100 Posted Nov 11 2011 - 00:50

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 22777 battles
  • 24,283
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    01-11-2011

View PostFreedomFighterEx, on Oct 16 2011 - 22:55, said:

Tiger, she was fine tank if you know how to operate her.

here.
http://forum.worldof...nk-love-thread/

also i just bough King Tiger and on first match i got this
Spoiler                     
gotta love how she can snipe and she can brawl, even not good as USA or USSR but she handle well
*i didn't have enough cred for her proper equipment, those were reserve for new born tank : (




Oh hey I have the same crew mod as you!


Yea, in beta my first two games in the KT were very memorable.

Killed a T-54 in lakeville solo!






3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users