Tiger Hunt

• Please log in to reply
310 replies to this topic

SlotRacer #41 Posted Dec 30 2015 - 19:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 51428 battles
  • [TNKGG] TNKGG

The amount of fail here both with reading by members here and by technical writing again by WG is off the charts.

The text implies it will be on sale but doesn't (and should) say when it will be on sale.

We can presume that the crew members you win for completing the missions will be maybe better or the same that come with the tank if/when you actually buy it?

So if we put work into getting the crew members over the month will they be the same or come with extra skills more than the one that you will get if you just buy this tank whenever it's on sale?

How many tanks will be given away each day?

Erredent #42 Posted Dec 30 2015 - 19:56

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 9859 battles

View Postheavymetal1967, on Dec 30 2015 - 18:44, said:

Missions to be included for the free draw are easy so good job WG.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth.

But missions for a "free" gold crew (no built in BIA like Berlin or SoS and no zero xp first skill "extra") in a premium tank that you should be putting established crews in from your regular tanks in that line?

Thanks, but no thanks, kind of like getting a free gold crew in a premium bundle imo.   Unless they come with something extra the only value they'll have to me is to silver retrain them to a same class tank for a base 90 instead of a 75.

Exactly, You don't use crews trained to your premiums, you use crews trained to your regular tanks, usually the first thing to do is retrain them.

I suppose if you really wanted another crew to use in the future but wanted to grind out their fist skill ahead of time it has some potential, but do you really want to do it at tier 8?

heavymetal1967 #43 Posted Dec 30 2015 - 19:57

Major

• Players
  • 70361 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostSlotRacer, on Dec 30 2015 - 13:50, said:

The amount of fail here both with reading by members here and by technical writing again by WG is off the charts.

The text implies it will be on sale but doesn't (and should) say when it will be on sale.

We can presume that the crew members you win for completing the missions will be maybe better or the same that come with the tank if/when you actually buy it?

So if we put work into getting the crew members over the month will they be the same or come with extra skills more than the one that you will get if you just buy this tank whenever it's on sale?

How many tanks will be given away each day?

Agree the wording could be better re: the sale.  Re: the crew.  Gonna check to see if the other servers have similar missions, because the ASIA server had details re: the Czech mission the NA announcement didn't.  Once the mission tab comes available it should have more details.

The Czech crews come specifically trained for the tier 3 light tank.  They are female with SoS at zero xp requirements, but the similarity with the PM crews stop there.  Because they have no progress towards second skill.  All things not mentioned in the announcement, but available via the mission tab.  

And since it is missing any mention of built in BIA/SoS or anything else "extra" I'm comfortable in saying that it'll be a free 100 base crew with zero xp on any skills like you would buy.  Again not a bad deal in and of itself.  But this is a premium tank which most folks will have established crews to put into it. 

And if they don't bundle it with a free gold crew it'll be the first gift shop package that hasn't come bundled with one recently.  Except of course for the Skoda which no one had established crews for when it was first available.

heavymetal1967 #44 Posted Dec 30 2015 - 20:15

Major

• Players
  • 70361 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Well here's the bundle on EU for 49.99.  Don't have a clue what the conversion to US would be though I'm guessing someone does or it's easily Googled.

Fancy having an M46 Patton KR in your garage? Well, now's your chance! It comes in the bundle, prepared for those of you who want to roll out onto the battlefield in a full state of readiness!

Except for the tank and the garage slot, you will also get a full set of equipment, tailored specifically for the vehicle, allowing you to instantly boost its performance.

An additional 3,375 gold included is just enough to make your in-game progress faster and more enjoyable.

The Holidays without gifts is like Santa Claus without a beard. That’s why you will receive a 100% crew for your brand new M46 Patton KR as a free bonus! Ho Ho Ho!

Package Contents
59-Patton

1 Garage Slot

Value in Gold

Price
US 46.41

So gonna guess 45-50 bucks in a bundle.  Bundled with what will be interesting.  Maybe those that buy it will get lucky and it'll come with something besides a free gold crew since they're having the missions for them.

For some reason one (maybe both) of the links to the respective server's announcments wasn't allowed by the forum.  :facepalm:

Edited by heavymetal1967, Dec 30 2015 - 20:17.

SAWofTIME #45 Posted Dec 30 2015 - 20:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 49175 battles

<That lovely, lovely ...> Patton

<Who needs...> Patton, <...not me>:harp:

Well GL guys & girls :)!

P.S.: sorry King-Elvis :rolleyes:

Prediator #46 Posted Dec 30 2015 - 20:36

Captain

• Players
  • 28052 battles
Ok mission but if your going to make it a month long mission and what not.. can you make the crew like the berlin trio crew?  come with free BIA:) that would be worth it instead of just a random American medium crew that you have to spend 100k to make into a real tanks crew.   But thanks for the event.

Brezonte #47 Posted Dec 30 2015 - 20:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 18979 battles
  • [RTCL] RTCL

Great more clones for premium while poor m47 is sitting outside and its also historical, what's next, Tiger JS I don't even know if that exists but why the hell not. M46 Patton KR( KR= killer rated, Korean republic?).

Sir_Texas_Sir #48 Posted Dec 30 2015 - 21:00

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 18757 battles

View Postarmored92thor, on Dec 30 2015 - 10:26, said:

the eu is selling this tanks ! we have to hope we can win it   b. s  world of tanks

You don't read very well do you?  It says you can win it before it goes on sale.  

Solo_Hunting #49 Posted Dec 30 2015 - 21:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 37881 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI
Just want to clear one thing, " Complete one or both of the two "Tiger Hunt" missions to be entered in a daily draw for the Tiger Patton! ", does that mean you have to complete one or both of the missions everyday to enter the daily draw? or you just need to complete one or both of the missions once to enter the pool? Confused

Gunmetal_engineer #50 Posted Dec 30 2015 - 21:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24507 battles
  • [LUGER] LUGER

Dont bother - unless you are in Relic, Otter, Thugs, RDDt, or the rest of those top tier, seal clubbing, reroll clans your chances of getting this "as described" here, is near zero. 

Going to therefore, not hold my breath on the winning of this vehicle. 

Sir_Texas_Sir #51 Posted Dec 30 2015 - 21:08

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 18757 battles

View Postnuttydave1234, on Dec 30 2015 - 12:26, said:

Any other details?

• How many a day are given away? 
  • If I get a crew anything special?
    • I have a 5 skill American Medium crew, and many 2-3 skill ones, a plain premium 100% Crew is kinda worthless. 
    • Female? Doesn't specify. 
    • If not, premium tank, premium crew, defeats the purpose. 

Since the US line was my main one and the medium to boot that I first went up I'm pretty much in the same boat.   If they where female crews with the sisterhood as a start skill that would be cool.  I truly hate buying tanks in the gift shop that come with crews as I don't need them.  The whole reason to buy a premium tank is to train other crew not to fill up my barracks with more worthless crews I don't need.

KaiserWilhelmShatner #52 Posted Dec 30 2015 - 21:08

Major

• Players
  • 16737 battles
  • [F_O_G] F_O_G

Dang it WG.  You just had to do it didnt you.

Earn 10,000 XP over any number of battles fought in a light tank or ARTILLERY.

karnophage #53 Posted Dec 30 2015 - 21:24

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 33324 battles
  • [ALL] ALL

Can someone at Wargaming is giving us a reason for missions for a Gold crew for a Premium tank? I always thought Premium tanks were used to improve crews on normal tanks. It is completely moronic to even consider using anything other then regular tank crew.

Thanks again for the worthless mission.

Catatonick #54 Posted Dec 30 2015 - 21:42

Captain

• Players
  • 15693 battles
  • [IDIED] IDIED

View Postheavymetal1967, on Dec 30 2015 - 14:15, said:

Well here's the bundle on EU for 49.99.  Don't have a clue what the conversion to US would be though I'm guessing someone does or it's easily Googled.

The prices are listed in US dollars on the EU premium shop. With the gold and crew it's around $55 and without a crew it's around $36.  

ISNomads #55 Posted Dec 30 2015 - 21:47

Major

• Players
  • 38782 battles
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO

View Postkarnophage, on Dec 30 2015 - 12:24, said:

Can someone at Wargaming is giving us a reason for missions for a Gold crew for a Premium tank? I always thought Premium tanks were used to improve crews on normal tanks. It is completely moronic to even consider using anything other then regular tank crew.

Thanks again for the worthless mission.

You are quite short sighted.

Anyway, premium vehicles are great for training new crews. First, I fill my T34 up with 75% crews, get them to 100% plus a bunch of credits in one evening. In less than a week I can get the crew up to 66% on their second skill/perk and then transfer them to any vehicle and still have the first skill.

Trains crews quickly.

Generates a lot of credits.

How is that moronic?

Vaterober #56 Posted Dec 30 2015 - 21:52

Private

• Players
  • 999 battles
Lol, It isn't started and I'm out, because I know I won't be able to log in first of jan :D

karnophage #57 Posted Dec 30 2015 - 21:55

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 33324 battles
  • [ALL] ALL

View PostISNomads, on Dec 30 2015 - 20:47, said:

You are quite short sighted.

Anyway, premium vehicles are great for training new crews. First, I fill my T34 up with 75% crews, get them to 100% plus a bunch of credits in one evening. In less than a week I can get the crew up to 66% on their second skill/perk and then transfer them to any vehicle and still have the first skill.

Trains crews quickly.

Generates a lot of credits.

How is that moronic?

You misunderstand what the missions are about. Wargaming is trying to sell a Tank by having missions for a 100% crew for said tank which no one in their right mind would actually use in the tank. The tank itself is not moronic, it is just the crew missions.

Edited by karnophage, Dec 30 2015 - 22:07.

Guest_Heldar_* #58 Posted Dec 30 2015 - 22:24

So.... I cant actually earn it. I have to get lucky....  Seems legit.  

Good work, reds.  You finally got a mission where skill is not a factor.

Matross #59 Posted Dec 30 2015 - 22:29

Captain

• Players
  • 31940 battles
  • [PRGY] PRGY

Where is "buy the tank now" option zzzzzzzzz

Yes, the missions are do-able, but I don't want to risk it. I just want to buy the tank. Its historical and sentimental for me. If I get "drawn" give out gold equivalent!

WG, you better not bundle this with like 180 days of premium time + 9 garage slots or something omg. Please be sensible, ty!

Edited by Matross, Dec 30 2015 - 22:30.

Jrpink13 #60 Posted Dec 30 2015 - 22:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 26582 battles
  • [TLOP] TLOP

Because I guess English is a very hard language, even though most of you are native speakers, I will clarify some things.

Do I have to complete one or both missions to be entered into the drawing?

Only one. It literally says right here: Complete one or both of the two "Tiger Hunt" missions to be entered in a daily draw for the Tiger Patton!  This is because people may not have a tiger or a patton to get kills with them but may have a different higher tier tank to destroy them. This makes it fair for anyone with a tier 5 or higher tank.

Do I get two entries if I do both missions?

No. As stated in the previous answer it would be unfair if some people could get two chances for having more tanks in there garage than new players.

How many tanks are given out per day?

This is a DAILY drawing meaning that one per day. There are usually only about 20k people online on a good day. WG may be giving out free tanks but giving out more than one would make it less rare and people may not be so inclined to buy it after the event.

Why can't we buy it? No fair.

The tank will go on sale after the event is over. They don't say when exactly but it says right here: Plus, take on the weekly missions to unlock the 100% trained Crew for this wicked new ride before it goes on sale!

Edited by Jrpink13, Jan 01 2016 - 20:09.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users