guide unicum no noobs pls purple

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Anublister #61 Posted Apr 05 2018 - 18:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 65696 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

How is this a game guide?  Why did you feel the need to post it in this section of the forums? It isn't a game guide, it's your advice column.

The best indicator of winning is having a team that knows what they're doing. e.g. a skill based mm would vastly improve the game.

Platoons or super platoons of highly skilled players will always outperform lesser skilled players. Why doesn't anyone get this? Elite clans aren't filled with tomatoes. Balance the skill in a random match and watch a good game unfold. Unbalanced teams makes this game worthless to play. Why do so many of you think it's a good thing to have mismatched teams? Why do so many of you insist it can't be done? Why aren't unicums advocating this? Are you so focused on the glee of over-matching the enemy at any cost you miss the reality that unbalanced teams are forcing players to abandon this game? Are you joyfully anticipating a future playing with kindergartner like opponents? Do you find that satisfying? If you had a choice would you play on a team of tomatoes vs a team of green players? Don't lie, none of us would. There is no satisfaction beating clearly inferior teams, in ANY sport.

Fix the random mm. Leave the other game modes alone. Simple. Done. Fun returns to tho game. A skill based mm would make this game fun for everyone who plays it. Tomatoes through purple. Why? Because everyone that played would have confidence that they have a relatively equal chance of winning. Which is simply not the case now.  

KingtigerIVIV #62 Posted Apr 06 2018 - 16:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23246 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostAnublister, on Apr 05 2018 - 17:04, said:

How is this a game guide?  Why did you feel the need to post it in this section of the forums? It isn't a game guide, it's your advice column.

The best indicator of winning is having a team that knows what they're doing. e.g. a skill based mm would vastly improve the game.

Platoons or super platoons of highly skilled players will always outperform lesser skilled players. Why doesn't anyone get this? Elite clans aren't filled with tomatoes. Balance the skill in a random match and watch a good game unfold. Unbalanced teams makes this game worthless to play. Why do so many of you think it's a good thing to have mismatched teams? Why do so many of you insist it can't be done? Why aren't unicums advocating this? Are you so focused on the glee of over-matching the enemy at any cost you miss the reality that unbalanced teams are forcing players to abandon this game? Are you joyfully anticipating a future playing with kindergartner like opponents? Do you find that satisfying? If you had a choice would you play on a team of tomatoes vs a team of green players? Don't lie, none of us would. There is no satisfaction beating clearly inferior teams, in ANY sport.

Fix the random mm. Leave the other game modes alone. Simple. Done. Fun returns to tho game. A skill based mm would make this game fun for everyone who plays it. Tomatoes through purple. Why? Because everyone that played would have confidence that they have a relatively equal chance of winning. Which is simply not the case now.  

Lol so much salt Jesus.  

It's a guide I wrote years ago for players wanting to improve, relax bro I'm just trying to make America great again.  In the current system of of non-skill based mm, the only way to win more reliably (without platoons etc) is to become a better player.  Every single post you make is either a whine or a crap post about someone else.  Take your salt about WG's mm elsewhere please.

NeatoMan #63 Posted Apr 06 2018 - 19:08

Major

• Players
  • 26585 battles

Block Quote

Block Quote

I've always wondered why there is not a way to break out somebody's stats on solo pubbing, platoon pubbing, 

[These can be checked at vBAddict.net]

only if you had the active dossier uploader running while you played.  Otherwise... nope

The_RadioMan_is_bleeding #64 Posted Apr 13 2018 - 20:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18845 battles
http://wotlabs.net/na/player/the_radioman_is_bleedingThanks for this KingTiger :)

Edited by The_RadioMan_is_bleeding, Apr 13 2018 - 20:25.

Funkman111 #65 Posted Apr 17 2018 - 05:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17667 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

Interesting post and especially relevant for my case.

I am sitting at around 2600 recent wn8 yet my wr stays at 56-57%. Most of my tier 10 tanks are doing 2800-3000 damage yet still my winrate remains low.

I dont know why I cant hit the 60% mark with my winrate. Can anyone suggest possible reasons for this?

KingtigerIVIV #66 Posted Apr 26 2018 - 14:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23246 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostFunkman111, on Apr 17 2018 - 04:49, said:

Interesting post and especially relevant for my case.

I am sitting at around 2600 recent wn8 yet my wr stays at 56-57%. Most of my tier 10 tanks are doing 2800-3000 damage yet still my winrate remains low.

I dont know why I cant hit the 60% mark with my winrate. Can anyone suggest possible reasons for this?

There can be many reasons for this.  But think about these things.

1.  Try to deal more early-game damage.  Rewards for early game damage are exponential, because they allow for more overmatches, especially if you have an autoloader.  

2.  Focus on intelligently tanking damage.  This means knowing when it's worth it to take a hit or not.  Many times, WN8 farmers avoid taking damage at all costs in order to farm damage.  But this hurts WR by basically relying on the team to partially fold first.  Try to help the push survive to win, even if it means dying to have to do so.

smitty4069 #67 Posted Apr 26 2018 - 20:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18930 battles
These really are good points and as you mentioned, it comes down to consistency. In one battle, I'll have a great game and it'll show. I may even have 4 or 5 in a row where I'm doing what's needed, but all it takes is one bad battle to throw off my rhythm and then I'm mentally out of the game. Consistency and situational awareness coupled with the ability to flex (hence why myself and most others will shine in mediums), are what usually separate me and others in my pool from going purple.

KingtigerIVIV #68 Posted Oct 18 2018 - 14:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23246 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Postsmitty4069, on Apr 26 2018 - 19:15, said:

These really are good points and as you mentioned, it comes down to consistency. In one battle, I'll have a great game and it'll show. I may even have 4 or 5 in a row where I'm doing what's needed, but all it takes is one bad battle to throw off my rhythm and then I'm mentally out of the game. Consistency and situational awareness coupled with the ability to flex (hence why myself and most others will shine in mediums), are what usually separate me and others in my pool from going purple.

Indeed, dedicated effort usually will pay off!

QuicksilverJPR #69 Posted Oct 18 2018 - 15:58

Major

• Players
  • 26214 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

I know my problem in going to purple stats is that I keep going back down tiers and grinding out the crap tiers (3-6) to finally get into decent tanks at 7-9, and then get into the 10s I want.  My mentality on grinding is different in how I regularly play when I'm playing just for fun.  I don't know why I have that mental switch there, but I just can't seem to overcome it.

Playing footloose and fancy-free and I wreck face.  :P

OP, thanks for the outline for getting better.  I solemnly swear I will do my best to purplize myself over this next year...

Critical_Hit_105 #70 Posted Nov 11 2018 - 18:10

Private

• -Players-
  • 1695 battles
  • [N-A-R] N-A-R

I am a green player with WN8 of 1015 and 1600 games played. How would I need to get from 1015 to 2000 WN8 in 400 or more games? And 55% wins? Stat padding?

Edited by Critical_Hit_105, Nov 11 2018 - 18:12.

KingtigerIVIV #71 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 15:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23246 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on Oct 18 2018 - 14:58, said:

I know my problem in going to purple stats is that I keep going back down tiers and grinding out the crap tiers (3-6) to finally get into decent tanks at 7-9, and then get into the 10s I want.  My mentality on grinding is different in how I regularly play when I'm playing just for fun.  I don't know why I have that mental switch there, but I just can't seem to overcome it.

Playing footloose and fancy-free and I wreck face.  :P

OP, thanks for the outline for getting better.  I solemnly swear I will do my best to purplize myself over this next year...

I mean yeah, messing around will affect stats, but usually overall good play should balance it out.

KingtigerIVIV #72 Posted Dec 04 2018 - 15:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23246 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostCritical_Hit_105, on Nov 11 2018 - 17:10, said:

I am a green player with WN8 of 1015 and 1600 games played. How would I need to get from 1015 to 2000 WN8 in 400 or more games? And 55% wins? Stat padding?

The most useful way would be to concentrate on a few tanks that you feel confident in above tier 5 for 400 games, no joke.  Learn the in's and out's of these vehicles and in the process, you will also learn more about things like terrain abuse, maps, and vision.  Then you can apply those skills to new vehicles.

Avatar14 #73 Posted Dec 12 2018 - 20:05

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 37831 battles
  • [BSWG] BSWG
In my experience, they hit the same shots that I miss on....such as shooting while both vehicles are on the move, or being invisible until on top of me, or my consistent bouncing while they pen....regardless of type of round used, being able to pull up from behind terrain, shooting, hitting and penning.  Mostly it would seem RNG is against me when confronted with better players....forcefields, laser like shots and other things that would lend to the hacker mentality.  I'm good, but not when it comes to dealing with RNG regulated particulars.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users