Mac Mods Installation

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Tahkep_Kristof #1 Posted Jan 08 2016 - 05:49

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7414 battles
  • [CROWN] CROWN

Okay, I have searched high and low but I can't for the life of me figure out how to install mods on my Mac.  I am using the Official Mac Wrapper.  I'd like to at least install XVM.

Thanks in advance!

Riptide109 #2 Posted Jan 08 2016 - 05:53

Major

• Players
  • 10363 battles
Don't think you can. Not sure but I read that somewhere...

dstud208 #3 Posted Jan 08 2016 - 06:01

Captain

• Players
  • 17768 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO

Its the exact same as for the PC, just open up the /Documents/WoT/res_mods folder and drop the mod in. If your using quickybaby's modpack for example then the modpack will contain 3 folders: 9.13, config, and mods. Place the config and mods folders inside res_mod and place the contents of the 9.13 folder in the res_mods/9.13 folder, and bam, mod is installed.

Edit: you can't install mods that come as an exe file, well you can, but its complicated and you need other software to do it, its best to just find ones that come pre-built like QuickyBabys mod pack (as an example) - which has xvm by the way, if you want a guaranteed way of using xvm, use his pack. I can confirm that it works on the mac.

Edited by dstud208, Jan 08 2016 - 06:03.

ThE_MarD #4 Posted Jan 13 2016 - 21:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15972 battles
  • [TBR] TBR

Heyyo,

XVM indeed does work! But... I can't get stats to work even though I go on the modxvm.com website and activate/prolong stats... only seems to work on Windows for stats at least for me. :(

To find where to put the mods? open a finder window, click the "go" menu tab and select "to folder" and put in "~/Library/Application Support" and click ok and that should take you to the right spot, then look for the world of tanks folder, bottles, c_drive, games, world of tanks, mods... and you're there! :)

dstud208 #5 Posted Jan 13 2016 - 23:43

Captain

• Players
  • 17768 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO
Actually the mods just go in your Documents/World of Tanks/res_mods folder. Or at least all the mods I've seen do.

ThE_MarD #6 Posted Jan 14 2016 - 00:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15972 battles
  • [TBR] TBR

Heyyo,

View Postdstud208, on Jan 13 2016 - 15:43, said:

Actually the mods just go in your Documents/World of Tanks/res_mods folder. Or at least all the mods I've seen do.

Hmm interesting! Ok I'll give that a shot... maybe that's why XVM stats aren't working! Thanks

black_colt #7 Posted Jan 14 2016 - 07:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View Postdstud208, on Jan 08 2016 - 06:01, said:

Its the exact same as for the PC, just open up the /Documents/WoT/res_mods folder and drop the mod in. If your using quickybaby's modpack for example then the modpack will contain 3 folders: 9.13, config, and mods. Place the config and mods folders inside res_mod and place the contents of the 9.13 folder in the res_mods/9.13 folder, and bam, mod is installed.

Edit: you can't install mods that come as an exe file, well you can, but its complicated and you need other software to do it, its best to just find ones that come pre-built like QuickyBabys mod pack (as an example) - which has xvm by the way, if you want a guaranteed way of using xvm, use his pack. I can confirm that it works on the mac.

I also confirm that the MOD Pack from QuickyBaby works on my Macs - mid-2011 iMac, late-2015 iMac 5K Retina, and late-2013 MacBook Pro

Endyrym #8 Posted Jan 15 2016 - 16:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8857 battles
  • [RYM] RYM
Do what Dstud said. All mods can be installed the same way. 

ThE_MarD #9 Posted Jan 15 2016 - 16:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15972 battles
  • [TBR] TBR

Heyyo,

View PostThE_MarD, on Jan 13 2016 - 16:00, said:

Heyyo,

Hmm interesting! Ok I'll give that a shot... maybe that's why XVM stats aren't working! Thanks

Well it turns out the folders I talked about shortcut to that documents/world of tanks folder so my directions are just the long way to get there lol... oh well. XVM stats do work but not server ping but that's a minor loss.

amerikafka #10 Posted Jan 17 2016 - 21:23

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10555 battles
I've been trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with the Battle Assistant mod - I've tried several different combinations of trying to add it to my res_mods folder but nothing works. I did get Quickybaby's to run for me (didn't like the extremes of the zoom from up close to bird's eye - chucked it) and I used to run Locastan. But so far I'm having no luck with Battle Assistant.

Posted in the Mac Wrapper support forum for the situational awareness impaired.  ;)  

dstud208 #11 Posted Jan 17 2016 - 23:32

Captain

• Players
  • 17768 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO

View PostGrandpasHyena, on Jan 17 2016 - 13:23, said:

I've been trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with the Battle Assistant mod - I've tried several different combinations of trying to add it to my res_mods folder but nothing works. I did get Quickybaby's to run for me (didn't like the extremes of the zoom from up close to bird's eye - chucked it) and I used to run Locastan. But so far I'm having no luck with Battle Assistant.

Posted in the Mac Wrapper support forum for the situational awareness impaired.  ;)  

This may sound silly, but to activate the alternate view you need to go into the normal satellite view and then hit "G". Did you do that? The only reason I ask is the first time I tried installing it I thought something was wrong but all that was wrong is I wasn't just hitting "G".

amerikafka #12 Posted Jan 18 2016 - 13:33

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10555 battles

Yeah, I've been hopping in and out of the game, testing different combinations. Each time, I move to where I want to be on the map (because I am also playing to win the game as well), enter Missile Command mode, and then hit G - nothing every time. :(

With Locastan you had to have the the files in just the right spot and a copy of a txt and a xml placed in a different spot. But it sounds like Battle Assistant should be just plug and play.

Now I checked to see if I had G assigned for anything else and I don't. But I do have my satellite view assigned to E, would that make a difference?

The only other thing I can think of is if the mod won't work on the Mac wrapper in SD but only for HD. I run the SD version.

It sounds like it's probably something simple that I have or haven't done as it works fine for most.

black_colt #13 Posted Jan 23 2016 - 23:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostRiptide109, on Jan 08 2016 - 05:53, said:

Don't think you can. Not sure but I read that somewhere...

Actually you can install XVM - however for OS X there is not an installer app - you need to extract the files and copy the folders to the appropriate place.

Just make sure you select the zip archive [.zip] instead of the installer [.exe] from [DOWNLOAD XVM] at modxvm.com

To install:

Quit the WoT Mac Wrapper.

Extract the XVM files - you should have a "new" [res_mod] folder.

Go to:

~/Users/[your-user-name]/Documents/World_of_Tanks/

Select the "old" [res_mods] folder in that folder and rename it [I use OLD]

Then drag the "new" [res_mods] folder to ~/Users/[your-user-name]/Documents/World_of_Tanks

Launch the WoT Mac Wrapper

You are all set ...

Edited by black_colt, Jan 23 2016 - 23:08.

ThE_MarD #14 Posted Jan 25 2016 - 18:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15972 battles
  • [TBR] TBR

Heyyo,

So I decided to try emailing CodeWeavers to see if they can help with the icmp being blocked on WoT Mac Wrapper to get XVM's Server Ping to work and it looks like we are on our own or it's maybe impossible:

ports@crossover.codeweavers.com

Hello,

We do not support any mods for our World of Tanks Mac wrapper.  Users have to take any mods as is and unfortunately the mod that you're using is trying to make use of tools that are not available in the Mac OS.  Your best bet is to see if the maker of the mod can do anything about this.

Best regards,

The CodeWeavers Team

On 2016-01-24 at 22:36, Marc Bourgoin wrote:
> Hello! :)
>
> I was hoping you could help me resolve an issue I'm having with the
> World
> of Tanks Mac Wrapper and the eXtended Visualization Mod that has an
> option
> to show server latency on the North American East and West servers.
>
> From what I've been reading? XVM uses ICMP which works no problem if I'm
> playing on windows operating system, but on OSX with the WoT Mac
> Wrapper?
> It comes up as "?"
>
> Is there a way to enable ICMP for the WoT Mac Wrapper so I can see the
> server latency please?
>
> Attached is a photo of what I'm seeing. You can see in the top left that
> the server ping results show "?"
>
>
> Please help,
>
> Marc Bourgoin

Here's the photo I sent to them:

Spoiler

dstud208, you're quite the studly stud... any chance you can figure out how to get icmp working on the WoT Mac Wrapper for XVM Server ping support? I highly doubt the makers of XVM would fix this as they dropped support for their Linux version of XVM quite a while ago ever since they managed to get stats working internally on the mod instead of an external program like before...

black_colt #15 Posted Jan 25 2016 - 18:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostThE_MarD, on Jan 25 2016 - 18:39, said:

Heyyo,

So I decided to try emailing CodeWeavers to see if they can help with the icmp being blocked on WoT Mac Wrapper to get XVM's Server Ping to work and it looks like we are on our own or it's maybe impossible:

Here's the photo I sent to them:

Spoiler

dstud208, you're quite the studly stud... any chance you can figure out how to get icmp working on the WoT Mac Wrapper for XVM Server ping support? I highly doubt the makers of XVM would fix this as they dropped support for their Linux version of XVM quite a while ago ever since they managed to get stats working internally on the mod instead of an external program like before...

There was another Forum topic - XVM Server Ping Times showing "NA" in World of Tanks official forum / Fan Zone / Fan Creations / World of Tanks Mods & Addons - which may be of help.

It appears the modem was blocking ICMP requests.

http://forum.worldof...mes-showing-na/

ThE_MarD #16 Posted Jan 25 2016 - 22:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15972 battles
  • [TBR] TBR

Heyyo,

View Postblack_colt, on Jan 25 2016 - 10:53, said:

There was another Forum topic - XVM Server Ping Times showing "NA" in World of Tanks official forum / Fan Zone / Fan Creations / World of Tanks Mods & Addons - which may be of help.

It appears the modem was blocking ICMP requests.

http://forum.worldof...mes-showing-na/

Yeah but the issue isn't OSX blocking ICMP requests but the WoT Mac Wrapper. I've tried with OSX Firewall off, on, with and without stealth mode... no difference. I've also tried figuring out if there's a way to get ICMP requests to work with Wine/CrossOver but so far I haven't found it... I'll see if tinkering more with it... hmm, one thing I didn't try doing is dropping the icmp.dll and the icmp.dll.so I found in certain GoG wine games into either the World of Tanks bottle directory or other spots it might sit in... hmm...

For example, Fallout 2 Classic from GoG which uses Wine puts it in...

Fallout 2.app\Contents\Resources\game\Fallout 2.app\Contents\Frameworks\wswine.bundle\lib\wine\icmp.dll.so

and...

Fallout 2.app\Contents\Resources\game\Fallout 2.app\Contents\Frameworks\wswine.bundle\lib\wine\fakedlls\icmp.dll

and...

Fallout 2.app\Contents\Resources\game\Fallout 2.app\Contents\Resources\drive_c\windows\system32\icmp.dll

hmm! browsing the WorldofTanks.app I found this spot the icmp.dll.so might go!

/Applications/World of Tanks.app/Contents/SharedSupport/worldoftanks/lib/wine/

and I think the icmp.dll goes here...

/Applications/World of Tanks.app/Contents/SharedSupport/worldoftanks/support/worldoftanks/drive_c/windows/system32/

Gonna test this!!! :)

[EDIT1]

Darn! Nope... replacing those two files did not fix it... hmm... well I'm out of ideas again lol.

Edited by ThE_MarD, Jan 25 2016 - 22:46.

black_colt #17 Posted Jan 25 2016 - 23:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostThE_MarD, on Jan 25 2016 - 22:30, said:

Heyyo,

Yeah but the issue isn't OSX blocking ICMP requests but the WoT Mac Wrapper. I've tried with OSX Firewall off, on, with and without stealth mode... no difference. I've also tried figuring out if there's a way to get ICMP requests to work with Wine/CrossOver but so far I haven't found it... I'll see if tinkering more with it... hmm, one thing I didn't try doing is dropping the icmp.dll and the icmp.dll.so I found in certain GoG wine games into either the World of Tanks bottle directory or other spots it might sit in... hmm...

For example, Fallout 2 Classic from GoG which uses Wine puts it in...

Fallout 2.app\Contents\Resources\game\Fallout 2.app\Contents\Frameworks\wswine.bundle\lib\wine\icmp.dll.so

and...

Fallout 2.app\Contents\Resources\game\Fallout 2.app\Contents\Frameworks\wswine.bundle\lib\wine\fakedlls\icmp.dll

and...

Fallout 2.app\Contents\Resources\game\Fallout 2.app\Contents\Resources\drive_c\windows\system32\icmp.dll

hmm! browsing the WorldofTanks.app I found this spot the icmp.dll.so might go!

/Applications/World of Tanks.app/Contents/SharedSupport/worldoftanks/lib/wine/

and I think the icmp.dll goes here...

/Applications/World of Tanks.app/Contents/SharedSupport/worldoftanks/support/worldoftanks/drive_c/windows/system32/

Gonna test this!!! :)

[EDIT1]

Darn! Nope... replacing those two files did not fix it... hmm... well I'm out of ideas again lol.

Maybe this will work ...

http://mattie47.com/...g-wine-to-ping/

From WineHQ ...

https://www.winehq.o...une/415783.html

https://appdb.winehq...TestingId=84531

From the looks of it allowing ICMP pings requires you to run as root - a very bad bad bad thing

Edited by black_colt, Jan 25 2016 - 23:09.

ThE_MarD #18 Posted Jan 26 2016 - 02:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15972 battles
  • [TBR] TBR

Heyyo,

View Postblack_colt, on Jan 25 2016 - 15:03, said:

HMM! that last link talks about doing a symlink between ping.exe and and /bin/ping which of course in OSX is found in /sbin/ping...

so I did...

ln -s /sbin/ping "/Applications/World of Tanks.app/Contents/SharedSupport/worldoftanks/support/worldoftanks/drive_c/ping.exe"

and that didn't work... so then I found a thing from SirMax on the XVM forums about needing to remove the "drive_c/system32/ping.exe"

AND!!!!!

Spoiler

well... it did make a minor difference haha... hmm, maybe it's not compatible with the OSX version of ping found in /sbin/ping??? so close, and yet so far. :(

all it did was change the server ping results from ? to --

I also tired that "setcap" but it's not a recognized command by OSX, so that is probably a Linux-only thing...

Edited by ThE_MarD, Jan 26 2016 - 03:06.

FREE42OLOVE #19 Posted Apr 23 2017 - 23:34

Private

• -Players-
  • 3294 battles
  • [-D1G-] -D1G-
I have XVM working on 9.18.0 on MacBook Pro Late 2011.  Anyone interested in how, message me.

black_colt #20 Posted Apr 26 2017 - 17:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostFREE42OLOVE, on Apr 23 2017 - 14:34, said:

I have XVM working on 9.18.0 on MacBook Pro Late 2011.  Anyone interested in how, message me.

Also I have Aslain MOD pack running - a little more complicated as you need to download a separate app but works great [have been using these MODs since 9.17] - can make a how-to list if the Thread wants.

Did you use the [Run Command...] available in the WoT Mac Wrapper to install XVM?

Edited by black_colt, Apr 26 2017 - 17:04.

Also tagged with Mac, Mods, Installation

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users