Jump to content


The Grand Finals 2016


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Content_WG #1 Posted Jan 21 2016 - 13:16

    Wargaming America

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 3,238
  • Member since:
    01-17-2011
The world's best tankers will converge on Warsaw to compete in an eSports extravaganza!

Full news text

shinglefoot #2 Posted Jan 21 2016 - 13:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 24918 battles
  • 3,475
  • Member since:
    02-07-2013

Meh...



TheOrangeGuy #3 Posted Jan 21 2016 - 16:07

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 19891 battles
  • 528
  • Member since:
    07-21-2013
Good luck to the NA teams

___Laser___ #4 Posted Jan 21 2016 - 17:34

    Captain

  • Players
  • 11225 battles
  • 1,300
  • Member since:
    10-06-2011

View PostTheOrangeGuy, on Jan 21 2016 - 07:07, said:

Good luck to the NA teams

 

I think this is the year NA teams make a playoff run! :medal:



BTed72 #5 Posted Jan 21 2016 - 17:37

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 31715 battles
  • 355
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    03-20-2013

VERY excited to see the dates of the Grand Finals are set!

 

If you have never seen or been to a WGLNA final this is the World version.

Last years event had loads of WG streamers, such as Jingles and Quickybaby, as well as amazing play.

If you can make it...... i will bet it will be more than worth it!

Now, time to start saving to try and make it there!

 

Best of luck to all the WGLNA Teams, who are playing in there season right now for the chance at representing the NA in Poland!



Isola_di_Fano #6 Posted Jan 21 2016 - 20:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 24258 battles
  • 4,209
  • Member since:
    11-05-2012

Not sure this is the best time to go to Warsaw ... you know with the fredom of speech issues right now ....

 

and otherwise, blehhh ...



RyanGetzIaf #7 Posted Jan 21 2016 - 20:45

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 24224 battles
  • 3,800
  • [TYR] TYR
  • Member since:
    09-15-2010

Block Quote

  • Two teams representing Asia and Pacific (APAC, the KR and Asia servers)
  • Two teams representing the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS server)
  • Two teams representing Europe (EU server)
  • Two teams representing North America (NA server)
  • One team representing China (CN server)
  • Three teams selected as Wild Cards (WC) – teams selected for their outstanding performance and/or other qualities.

 

Does the Russian Server got rename to CIS recently?

 



Rolling_Tigers #8 Posted Jan 22 2016 - 01:11

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11384 battles
  • 103
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013
Who are the commentators going to be? Are you guys going to invite Jingles again?

platoon_41 #9 Posted Jan 22 2016 - 02:28

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 0 battles
  • 20
  • Member since:
    01-21-2016
forget Jingles!i'll take the invite!!

aMGLn #10 Posted Jan 22 2016 - 08:38

    Private

  • Players
  • 38140 battles
  • 6
  • [BLSTR] BLSTR
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012
tier X hm interesting what tanks will they choose? 

Radonis #11 Posted Jan 22 2016 - 13:24

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 12692 battles
  • 971
  • Member since:
    02-12-2015

i want to know the times so i can take off of work if need be to watch cause it was loads of fun to watch last year

 



_kirito_shu #12 Posted Jan 22 2016 - 23:56

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 14100 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    08-31-2013
Can someone tell me what's the CIS server?? And I didn't see russian and korean server on that list.

ImproVisational #13 Posted Jan 25 2016 - 10:42

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 47242 battles
  • 78
  • Member since:
    02-23-2015
I'm watching some European games on Battleviewer right now.   I'm a bit curious what format The Grand Finals will have, since it's different than WGLNA.   They only do 2 battles on each map, an offense and defense, before moving on to the next one.    More importantly, they don't share the rule about having only 2 of any particular tank at the most.   Just watched a Ghost Town  where one team brought 6 FV215b's.    

What set of rules will The Grand Finals operate under?

The other odd thing missing from Battleviewer, is a link to the Asian matches, which it had last August or so when I first started watching it instead of Twitchtv.   Why did that link get removed from Battleviewer (or am I just missing it somehow)

___Laser___ #14 Posted Jan 27 2016 - 18:58

    Captain

  • Players
  • 11225 battles
  • 1,300
  • Member since:
    10-06-2011

View PostRadonis, on Jan 22 2016 - 04:24, said:

i want to know the times so i can take off of work if need be to watch cause it was loads of fun to watch last year

 

The official match schedule likely won't get published until much closer to the event. But know that the previous two editions began at noon local time (Warsaw, Poland). Thereafter it's approximately 8-10 hours of international battles.

 

View Post_kirito_shu, on Jan 22 2016 - 14:56, said:

Can someone tell me what's the CIS server?? And I didn't see russian and korean server on that list.

 

CIS = Commonwealth of Independent States (see: Russia).

The Korean teams have merged with the rest of Asia to form WGL APAC.

 

View PostIndianaSteel, on Jan 25 2016 - 01:42, said:

I'm watching some European games on Battleviewer right now.   I'm a bit curious what format The Grand Finals will have, since it's different than WGLNA.   They only do 2 battles on each map, an offense and defense, before moving on to the next one.    More importantly, they don't share the rule about having only 2 of any particular tank at the most.   Just watched a Ghost Town  where one team brought 6 FV215b's.    

What set of rules will The Grand Finals operate under?

The other odd thing missing from Battleviewer, is a link to the Asian matches, which it had last August or so when I first started watching it instead of Twitchtv.   Why did that link get removed from Battleviewer (or am I just missing it somehow)

 

That's a great question. Fortunately, we allowed ourselves this season to test some rule differences. We'll obviously have agree on a single rule set come Warsaw.

 

Also glad to hear you're tuning-in to Battleviewer.com for your global Wargaming League broadcasts! We had some issues with compatibility of the Asian broadcasts and replaced their channel temporarily. 



imbored4170 #15 Posted Jan 27 2016 - 22:38

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 24635 battles
  • 155
  • Member since:
    08-11-2011
T-22 sr. for life. 

Valan #16 Posted Jan 27 2016 - 23:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 34661 battles
  • 2,059
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

Is it possible for Wargaming to equip an off button for Twitch.tv chat & the Youtube channel for the Fantasy section of the Battleviewer.com portal?  

I do not want to see Twitch.tv & a YouTube channel slowly down and locking up my Chrome Browser repeatedly, simply when I trying to update a Fantasy Team for a day's matches.   

At this point in time, because of the crappy battleviewer.com functionality when seen through Chrome, I am giving up on further dealing with WGLNA Fantasy League screw-ups.  Fix it.

 

 

An example, one of many:

Spoiler

 

Dev update: The issue in the screenshot you've sent has been resolved. During the offseason the mobile version of the site (which you are using in that screenshot) is due for an overhaul. For now if you're on a PC, I'd just recommend using the full version at http://www.fantasywgl.com


Edited by Hypnotik, Jan 28 2016 - 01:21.


TrevzorFTW #17 Posted Jan 28 2016 - 00:05

    Associate eSports Manager

  • -Players-
  • 9283 battles
  • 764
  • Member since:
    09-06-2012

View PostValan, on Jan 27 2016 - 14:31, said:

Is it possible for Wargaming to equip an off button for Twitch.tv chat & the Youtube channel for the Fantasy section of the Battleviewer.com portal?  

I do not want to see Twitch.tv & a YouTube channel slowly down and locking up my Chrome Browser repeatedly, simply when I trying to update a Fantasy Team for a day's matches.   

At this point in time, because of the crappy battleviewer.com functionality when seen through Chrome, I am giving up on further dealing with WGLNA Fantasy League screw-ups.  Fix it.

 

 

An example, one of many:

Spoiler

 

 

That's an interesting error that we haven't seen before, thank you for bringing it to our attention!

 

Do you have the same issue when you go directly to FantasyWGL.com? Do you experience issues with the other buttons on Battleviewer?



spedkey #18 Posted Feb 28 2016 - 01:09

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 15618 battles
  • 806
  • Member since:
    06-02-2013

"Two teams representing North America (NA server)"

 

The server is for all America (the continent). Always making the same mistake WG.

 

 

 



tindealer #19 Posted Feb 29 2016 - 17:06

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21847 battles
  • 187
  • Member since:
    03-23-2012
They aren't really making a mistake, they're ignoring South America like everyone else does.

PuckChaser #20 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 03:14

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 22314 battles
  • 475
  • Member since:
    11-15-2010

View Postspedkey, on Feb 27 2016 - 19:09, said:

"Two teams representing North America (NA server)"

 

The server is for all America (the continent). Always making the same mistake WG.

 

 

Get a good team, that can win Gold League, and you can be South American at the Grand Finals all you want. Its also called the NA server, not the Americas server.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users