The Mutt ... Do I adopt or leave in the pound?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Painbringer71 #1 Posted Feb 03 2016 - 19:31

Major

• Players
  • 49674 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

So I am playing the Mutt and have one crew earned and another close to earned.  I see the rest of the missions to earn a crew member will take some dedication, so many matches to complete.   I am assuming the crew is like the female crew where they have a skill learned and second skill is learned at the same speed as a 1st skill set.

Personally I like the Mutt it plays to my style and I think once things calm down it will be a decent tank.  But.... with the current state of "T10 farm them fools", and YOLO inexperienced Ripper and Mutt drivers T8 is hazardous to stats.  I am playing decent (at least I feel like I am)  and the credits are raining into my account.  So far I completed 4 personal missions (of the third set) in a Mutt, and have gone from 255k credits to over 2 million in 2 days.  I seem to be in the top 5 of the experience earners but I am not winning many.

So I have to ask go for the crew or wait for this tank to go on sale and MM  calms down.

Tank Name Country Type Tier Battles Win Rate DPG Avg. Dmg. Blocked Avg. Spots KPG Hit Ratio Avg. Exp Total Exp WN8
G119 Pz58 Mutz Germany MT 8 28 32.14% 1114 171.61 1.36 0.61 66% 638 17854 0

Hurk #2 Posted Feb 03 2016 - 19:36

Major

• Players
  • 51589 battles
  • [KGR] KGR
wait for the mm to calm down... too many rentals out there right now. i played the Cent AX once and pulled a game that i know is well outside my skills because the enemy team had like 6 of these rentals to players with less than 5k battles on their accounts.

Bad_Oedipus #3 Posted Feb 03 2016 - 19:50

Captain

• -Players-
  • 39576 battles
  • [PL1AD] PL1AD

View PostHurk, on Feb 03 2016 - 13:36, said:

wait for the mm to calm down... too many rentals out there right now. i played the Cent AX once and pulled a game that i know is well outside my skills because the enemy team had like 6 of these rentals to players with less than 5k battles on their accounts.

Just the opposite is true!  If you are above average or better, your results will be much better in a match against 10Muts/KR driven by bad players with poor crews.

Both tanks require play style used by better players at higher tiers, as they are mobile and have slim armor.  Those tanks punish below average players that try to slug it out in those tanks... even against something like the Waffle.

My stats in those two would be similar to regular tanks if not for the free reantal

Edited by Bad_Oedipus, Feb 03 2016 - 19:51.

shugninx #4 Posted Feb 03 2016 - 19:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26735 battles
  • [DHO] DHO
These mutz crew can be retrained to another tank right? That would be a reason for me to do it.

TLWiz #5 Posted Feb 03 2016 - 19:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 20566 battles
  • [DSSRT] DSSRT

View PostPainbringer71, on Feb 03 2016 - 18:31, said:

So I am playing the Mutt and have one crew earned and another close to earned.  I see the rest of the missions to earn a crew member will take some dedication, so many matches to complete.   I am assuming the crew is like the female crew where they have a skill learned and second skill is learned at the same speed as a 1st skill set.

It seems that the Mutt crew's BIA is a normal first skill, not a bonus "zeroeth" skill.  Basically you get crewmen with a 100% first skill already done.

Ironclad73 #6 Posted Feb 03 2016 - 19:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 20483 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostPainbringer71, on Feb 03 2016 - 10:31, said:

I seem to be in the top 5 of the experience earners but I am not winning many.

So I have to ask go for the crew or wait for this tank to go on sale and MM  calms down.

The crew is not like the Berlin or women, it comes with a skill but it is the first and can be changed.

It is a good tank, I took it out last night and had a great time with it. Didn't win much but got lots of kills and tons of damage.

I was kind of disappointed on how well it did, didn't want to spend the money on it but now I probably will.

Edited by Ironclad73, Feb 03 2016 - 19:55.

Painbringer71 #7 Posted Feb 03 2016 - 19:55

Major

• Players
  • 49674 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View PostTLWiz, on Feb 03 2016 - 12:53, said:

It seems that the Mutt crew's BIA is a normal first skill, not a bonus "zeroeth" skill.  Basically you get crewmen with a 100% first skill already done.

If that is true it seems a lot of work ...since my crew in the mutt right now will be at that level before I would even grind the crew missions for the free crew.

Edited by Painbringer71, Feb 03 2016 - 19:56.

Met4lCrunch #8 Posted Feb 03 2016 - 20:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 41832 battles

I'm in the same boat...unlocked the Commander & Gunner and made 2 Mill's on the side, assuming they have BIA 0-skill. Now I hear it's only a first level skill and to me not worth grinding any further. 150K HP for two more crew is just too long of a grind in the same tank. Just not my cup of tea.

IMO the Mutz is alright and I might acquire it but the MM puts too many of them in one team right now, compromising certain roles like scouting, sniping and brawling. It's no help players with little to no experience at that level driving those rentals at the moment.

My verdict...I wait it out and switch to the British medium grind instead. My Comet and it's crew need some TLC anyway.

TenneZee #9 Posted Feb 03 2016 - 21:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 52372 battles
  • [NA-CL] NA-CL
I'm not running it because I plan to get it in the shop when it becomes available. It's a really solid tier 8, and it's a perfect match for a Leo 1 crew. My plan is to match the E-50M guys to the Pan 88, and the Leo 1 guys to the Mutz, so each crew has it's own matching premium tank.

Lil_Bunny_FooFoo #10 Posted Feb 03 2016 - 21:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16688 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-
Meh, I don't normally play any German tanks other than TDs, and the Großtraktor.  So while the Mutz is fun, I am not really stressing about getting all of the crew.  I picked up the commander and traded his first skill for 6th sense, as it would take me forever to grind up to that.  But other than him, I am just going to use the Großtraktor's crew.  It was worth the 200 gold to me to not have to grind up to that.  But will I be getting the tank when it goes on sale?  Probably not.  The DPM is just too low.  It is like a Tier 8 Toldi.  Decent enough in general, but hampered by its slow rate of fire.

SourKraut13 #11 Posted Feb 03 2016 - 23:41

Major

• Players
  • 24190 battles

View PostPainbringer71, on Feb 03 2016 - 13:31, said:

Personally I like the Mutt it plays to my style and I think once things calm down it will be a decent tank.  But.... with the current state of "T10 farm them fools", and YOLO inexperienced Ripper and Mutt drivers T8 is hazardous to stats.  I am playing decent (at least I feel like I am)  and the credits are raining into my account.  So far I completed 4 personal missions (of the third set) in a Mutt, and have gone from 255k credits to over 2 million in 2 days.  I seem to be in the top 5 of the experience earners but I am not winning many.

Tank Name Country Type Tier Battles Win Rate DPG Avg. Dmg. Blocked Avg. Spots KPG Hit Ratio Avg. Exp Total Exp WN8
G119 Pz58 Mutz Germany MT 8 28 32.14% 1114 171.61 1.36 0.61 66% 638 17854 0

Crew is a regular crew with BIA already picked for you. You can reset their skills and pick something different if you like. No 0 skill on the crew.

Mutz is ok, but 90% of the players only played in T8 battles, and then mostly against other Mutz's, so to really evaluate the tank will take you spending the $$ to find out.

Hurk #12 Posted Feb 03 2016 - 23:44

Major

• Players
  • 51589 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

View PostBad_Oedipus, on Feb 03 2016 - 10:50, said:

Just the opposite is true!  If you are above average or better, your results will be much better in a match against 10Muts/KR driven by bad players with poor crews.

Both tanks require play style used by better players at higher tiers, as they are mobile and have slim armor.  Those tanks punish below average players that try to slug it out in those tanks... even against something like the Waffle.

My stats in those two would be similar to regular tanks if not for the free reantal

that was actually my point, my results were much better than my skill level. too many newbies in high tiers ruining the game right now to judge the value of a tank.

if i went by my tier 8+ experience in the last few days, i would assume the tanks i was in were much better than they actually are. 

they arent that good, its just that most of my fights were filled with people that were that bad. 

SourKraut13 #13 Posted Feb 03 2016 - 23:46

Major

• Players
  • 24190 battles

View PostHurk, on Feb 03 2016 - 17:44, said:

that was actually my point, my results were much better than my skill level. too many newbies in high tiers ruining the game right now to judge the value of a tank.

if i went by my tier 8+ experience in the last few days, i would assume the tanks i was in were much better than they actually are. 

they arent that good, its just that most of my fights were filled with people that were that bad. 

Which means it's an indirect WG money grab, since everyone buys it now and then next month when all it sees is T10, we'll be reading 10k posts of how the tank sux.

HB_Landric #14 Posted Feb 04 2016 - 00:56

Major

• Players
  • 41347 battles
  • [DCLUB] DCLUB
I've got the commander and gunner now.  I'm somewhat lacking in German medium crews, so I decided to grind it out.  I can use the credits anyway.  I'm using personal reserves and accelerated crew training to get sixth sense on the commander in as few battles as possible while keeping BiA as the first skill.  I have the rest of the crew from my Leopard I in the tank.  They have BiA and are on their 3rd skill, so all the training goes to the commander.  28 battles in and he is on 86% on the second skill.  Once he gets to the third skill I'll replace the Leopard I gunner with the Mutz gunner and repeat the process.  By the time I get the driver the gunner should be well on his way to having the second skill complete.  I got the FV4202 (P) for free, so its not like I have to worry about that mission. 

Hurk #15 Posted Feb 04 2016 - 01:02

Major

• Players
  • 51589 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

View PostSourKraut13, on Feb 03 2016 - 14:46, said:

Which means it's an indirect WG money grab, since everyone buys it now and then next month when all it sees is T10, we'll be reading 10k posts of how the tank sux.

i can see some people being dumb enough to buy it, but for the majority, its people that arent tier 8 yet and are getting to try it without having to earn it. so they are mostly just performing worse than average. I cant see that being a reason to go out and by a tank. 

i think they need to consider locking the rentals to people that have a chance of actually playing the tank better than a test server reroll. IE, if its a tier 8 premium, make the mission to earn it require a tier 7+ tank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users