What is the best premium tank?

what is the best premium tank

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

thebomb829 #1 Posted Feb 06 2016 - 07:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6107 battles

1) what is the best premium tank regardless of the price? 2) what is the best premium tank for a lower price?

Medessec #2 Posted Feb 06 2016 - 08:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 28050 battles
  • [GNET] GNET

From what I've found- the best premium regardless of price all round is probably the T34. Most pen, versatile, good alpha, and it's easy to offset the disadvantages. It's a close shave for me between that and the FCM 50t.

Best value for money premium would probably be either the D. Max or the T-25, depending on your style. The T-25 is quite forgiving and can easily give you good games. The D. Max is great for snipers or those who like a TD, and dishing out damage to rack up the creds.

LastoftheFallen #3 Posted Feb 06 2016 - 08:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35086 battles
Don't forget the Churchill III.  That thing just prints credits for days.

v_boy_ #4 Posted Feb 06 2016 - 08:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 57213 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
Depend on ur play style . For me as a med player I like CDC . But if u are heavy tank player u should go with is6

Khrael #5 Posted Feb 06 2016 - 09:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8911 battles
  • [INKAD] INKAD

I have a few premiums, but the premium tank that is available right now, that makes the best profit, and I have the best results with is the IS-6. My general favorite is the Super Pershing, but its gun is pretty well useless without premium ammo; my back up are the Berlin tanks, with actually the ISU-122S being the best balance of fun and profit (for me).

My recommendation is the IS-6.

Edited by Khrael, Feb 06 2016 - 09:40.

Horribad_At_Tanks #6 Posted Feb 06 2016 - 10:29

Major

• Players
  • 2268 battles
My personal favorite of all the 'good' premiums is the is-2 berlin. Basically everything that makes the IS a fun tank but with a better frontal hull layout and moar mobility. Best cheap premium goes to the t-127 when there are enough lower tiers in play so it gets to beat up on tier 2 and 3 all day long. However it's not nearly as fun when low tiers are not populated as you get nothing but tier 4 games over and over.

Scorpiany #7 Posted Feb 06 2016 - 10:55

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 36158 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

My favorite Premium tank so far has been the Mutz. However, the CDC also was rather competitive. What I didn't like about the CDC was the how unforgiving it was; penned by the MT-25's 37mm through the front, penned by any HE and ammo racked fairly often. That's why I prefer the the Mutz over the CDC; Mutz has some workable armor to it.

Otherwise, the T34 was also a Premium I found to do a decent job. It wasn't the flashiest or most active type of play, but it's really like a T30 with the 120mm, at Tier 8. Reliably made great Credits. Not so great for carrying battles by flexing though.

hadukem #8 Posted Feb 06 2016 - 11:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 37645 battles
My fav prem is the lowe awesome gun troll turret and most players rage is they cant pen u and my fav lower price is the type 64 is a chinese chaffe awesome camo ok gun and awesome view range.

TankFullOfBourbon #9 Posted Feb 06 2016 - 11:57

Major

• Players
  • 29000 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6
Up to now it's been the Rudy and the ISU-122S, but I am really enjoying the Putz. Papa's got a new fav!

emkemo #10 Posted Feb 06 2016 - 12:13

Private

• Players
  • 48320 battles
I have to go with the IS6, then the T34, both give you great credits, can take a hit and dish out some awesome damage.  Lower tiers, I like the T-127 for the same reasons as the higher tiers.  Off subject, I Was really saddened when WoT wrecked the T-18...that tank was a lot of fun!!

Daremo #11 Posted May 12 2016 - 13:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 14489 battles
Cant offer an opinion on IS6 as I dont have one, but have 392 battles with the T34 and I love it.  Get it hull down on some of the maps with only the turret exposed and you can stop just about anything.  It prints $$$ all day long.  I regularly top 65k in a good fight where I dished out good damage, and often hit over 100k.  If your running the US Heavy line, get one to train your crews in and pay for your addiction.

TanksR_Epic2 #12 Posted May 12 2016 - 13:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11023 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA
T34 for credits though it's playstyle isn't very fun. I recommend superpershing tho if u wiggle the cupola you just ding shots all day.

SpitYoYoMafia #13 Posted May 12 2016 - 13:51

Major

• Players
  • 18942 battles

IS-6 everything else is garbage compared to that balanced tank right now for pubs even a tomato can drive that tank and be successful right now.

As for my personal favorite I like the mutz, high pen, decent gun handling, good mobility to flex, some troll armor, decent camo. I like well rounded tanks, and the mutz is a very good well rounded tank.

Edited by _Ninjax_, May 12 2016 - 13:52.

Spiley_Craw #14 Posted May 12 2016 - 15:22

Major

• Players
  • 24445 battles
  • [NBL] NBL

E25 or LeFH.

For price, probably T-127.

Most tanks others are suggesting aren't even a little OP.

-Kle.

TanksR_Epic2 #15 Posted May 12 2016 - 18:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11023 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

View Postemkemo, on Feb 06 2016 - 12:13, said:

I have to go with the IS6, then the T34, both give you great credits, can take a hit and dish out some awesome damage.  Lower tiers, I like the T-127 for the same reasons as the higher tiers.  Off subject, I Was really saddened when WoT wrecked the T-18...that tank was a lot of fun!!

it still has its armor u can play it like normal!

Lil_Bunny_FooFoo #16 Posted May 12 2016 - 19:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16698 battles
In terms of power versus cost, the SU-122-44 is the best bag for your buck.  It is mobile, has reasonably bouncy armor, and can crank out damage like a tier 10 medium.  And you can often pick it up for less than $20 on sale.  For best to play, all-around versus cost, it would be a toss-up between the T34 and the Super Pershing.  Neither is glamorous or sexy.  And they both have their quirks.  But both offer you the chance to do really well in any game they are in, earn lots of credits, and not spend tons of real life cash doing it.  Neither one is particularly outstanding, but they are good, solid tanks.  All that said, of all the premiums out there, the Mutz has to be my favorite one to play.  The only reason that I don't rate it higher is because it requires a bit more finesse to play well, and it lacks the damage output or durability if the two American premiums.

_Bagheera_ #17 Posted May 12 2016 - 19:11

Major

• Players
  • 35932 battles
  • [ICON-] ICON-

As someone who owns or has owned most of the high end premiums I'd have to say the IS-6. Yes the guns penetration is lacking, but 90% of the tanks you face you can easily penetrate if you know where to fire. Solid armor and excellent DPM allow you to wade into the battle (within reason) and shoot your way out of trouble. Has excellent carry potential.

Buddy recently sent me a Lowe...really expensive this one, but perfectly trains german HT crews. Excellent pen on the gun good to excellent gun handling with vents and a vertical stabiliser mounted, but has a slow reload. Armor is nothing to write home about, but its incredibly good at sidescraping. Also incredibly accurate, you will almost always hit what you point at, so you dont  usually need to fire much premium ammo even in tier 10 games. Very slow tho, and half of the frontal armor is a weakpoint with the massive lower plate I has. Dont expect to keep your transmission or engine if you cant hide that huge lower plate. Also very team reliant due to its low dpm and low damage per shot. if your team sucks you just cant damage them fast enough, or repostion to carry home the win. Its a good buy if you have a brain tho.

The T34 has absolutely horrible gun handling and will donk half the shots you fire. I only recent found a setup that finally gives the tank acceptable gun handling...I had to take the rammer off and run vents, GLD, and verstabs...It has a 14 second reload but I can finally hit what I point at now.  Would not recommend due to the frustrating nature of the gun.

FCM 50T is an ok fast heavy. No armor, but what i hate about it is the horrible camo. You want to either play with medium tanks or plink away at poeple from range, the second you fire in this tank the entire map spots you. Does not take hits very well since half the side profile Is made of ammo racks, engine or fuel tanks,  and its a huge hard to miss target. Great money maker with good AP pen, great dpm and piss cheap 90mm ammo. You have to actively try not to make money in this tank, even without premium.

SU 122-44 comes up a lot, and while you can pick it up cheap, the way the maps are made now you will be hard pressed to do well in the tank. The armor never holds up for me, no matter how much I wiggle or angle i get swiss cheesed. The meta now does not favor TD that need camo to survive.

Sink_Stuff #18 Posted May 12 2016 - 19:30

Captain

• Players
  • 14179 battles

View Postthebomb829, on Feb 06 2016 - 06:47, said:

1) what is the best premium tank regardless of the price? 2) what is the best premium tank for a lower price?

1. Cromwell B 

It has the most utility as well as being one of the best premium tanks. You can use it for tier 6 strongholds as well as regular game play and it excels at both.

2. Matilda 4

The Matilda right now at 5 dollars on current sale is probably the best cheap premium tank.

The problem here is that your questions really don't have just 1 answer for each. Premium tanks are used as crew trainers for other tanks. That, and making some extra cash are the primary reason that people buy them and play them. The best tanks in the game are usually NOT premium tanks. So, the best premium tank for you is the one that helps you best with the other regular tank that you are trying to train the crew up for. The cheapest premium tank matters not at all because since it is cheap its real value is again, as a crew trainer for other tanks.

So, the real question you should be asking is "What is the best premium tank for training ________ crews and plays like __________ regular tank?"

If you simply don't know what tanks you like and just want a premium tank for now then I would go with a premium tank that plays like tanks that you like and do the best in right now. So, let me look up your record:

http://wotlabs.net/n...ayer/thebomb829

Ok so, you do the best in the Ram 2 and the Patton KR as far as premiums go. The Ram 2 is a great premium medium tank. It is a little power creeped right now, but it is a great tank. I don't know if you own the Patton KR or if you just rented it, but if you own it, I would play that one as well. It is one of my best performing premium tanks as well.

It looks like you are also going down the American Heavy line and the Russian Heavy line. You are doing about the same in the Russian IS line as you are in the American Heavy line as far as stats go. So, I would recommend getting either the T34 American Heavy Premium or the new Russian IS-3 premium (soon to be released). I would not recommend getting the IS-6. A new Russian premium heavy that is much closer to the IS-3 is going to be released soon and I think you will like that tank much better than the IS-6. The IS-6 is getting power creeped very badly and I would NOT recommend getting the IS-6. Better to wait for the new IS-3 premo.

Edited by Rounne, May 12 2016 - 19:50.

ThePigSheFlies #19 Posted May 12 2016 - 20:27

Major

• Players
  • 69966 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

132k silver profit w/out firing a shot?

yes pls

Spoiler

that being said, I adore the e25, and the CDC as well.  I'd really like the clanwars reward tank IS5, if the gun wasn't as reliable as a cromwell with a 50% crew and a broken gun...

Nebu_f13 #20 Posted May 12 2016 - 20:31

Major

• Players
  • 22699 battles
CromB, E25, FCM 50T, and SU 122 44 would seem the best values.  All make good credits, are fun tanks, and can hold their own.  I'd also give honorable mention to the Rudy.  Love that tank. 

Also tagged with what, is, the, best, premium, tank

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users