WG - Publish Campaign Mission Data

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Kurso #1 Posted Feb 16 2016 - 16:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 48731 battles
  • [G33KS] G33KS

It's been just over a year since the release of the Campaign Missions. It has been a great journey so far that I'm getting close to completing. 

I think it would be helpful to the community to release some data about the missions and how people completed it:

Breakdown of tanks used to complete a mission

Breakdown of maps per mission completion

Other data would be interesting as well but I suspect won't be released:

Percentage of matches that don't qualify for mission completion

Average attempts for each mission

Even just the first two would be extremely helpful to the community.

Reaper2_5 #2 Posted Feb 16 2016 - 17:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10700 battles
  • [HOWDO] HOWDO

I have a feeling the "How Tos" and manuals published by other players would be more useful than what WG would publish.

It'd be cool data to read, don't get me wrong, I just don't think it would be as useful coming from WG as it would people that actually did it.

Colddawg #3 Posted Feb 16 2016 - 17:10

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45846 battles
  • [ICON-] ICON-
There's something like ~250 Obj 260's earned out of ~30,000 semi/active players.

Executis #4 Posted Feb 16 2016 - 17:10

Staff sergeant

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 45347 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

They may not even have all the data you are asking for. I wouldn't see any reason for them to save what tank the mission was done in.

Edit: I have completed all the normal game mode campaigns if you would like to know how I did any of them or suggestions could certainly help. The arty ones are mostly pretty easy if you don't mind feeling dirty while playing :D

Edited by Executis, Feb 16 2016 - 17:25.

whariwharangi #5 Posted Feb 16 2016 - 19:37

Major

• Players
  • 95488 battles

View PostColddawg, on Feb 16 2016 - 17:10, said:

There's something like ~250 Obj 260's earned out of ~30,000 semi/active players.

I'd be interested to know how many of those 260's were earned without being part of a platoon.

I'm in the X13 - X15 for T55 for Medium, Artillery, and TD ... the damage requirements are near to impossible. I've twice had games with 6000 damage in 63000 games ... now I have to do it again to complete a mission. 

I've just spent the week driving two LT to complete LT7 - destroy 3 artillery ... I have 2 Dimitru and 43 Pascucci medals and only 7 of those earned in light tanks with only 3 in light tanks in 1494 games above tier 5 ... (and no idea how many games I played prior to these medals being available to be awarded). The closest I got this week was spot three destroy one and damage one. There is a lot of hatred out there for artillery ... everyone wants to get their revenge. Most of the games didn't have enough targets to qualify as potential for mission completion. Its getting frustrating because the only reason I am driving light tanks is to complete the missions.

Edited by whariwharangi, Feb 16 2016 - 19:54.

whariwharangi #6 Posted Feb 16 2016 - 20:08

Major

• Players
  • 95488 battles

View PostKurso, on Feb 16 2016 - 16:42, said:

It's been just over a year since the release of the Campaign Missions. It has been a great journey so far that I'm getting close to completing. 

I think it would be helpful to the community to release some data about the missions and how people completed it:

Breakdown of tanks used to complete a mission

Breakdown of maps per mission completion

Other data would be interesting as well but I suspect won't be released:

Percentage of matches that don't qualify for mission completion

Average attempts for each mission

Even just the first two would be extremely helpful to the community.

You can complete many of the missions in any tank that qualifies. For instance if a mission is to destroy two artillery in a light tank ... any light tank will do the task ... the only qualifier is the lowest tier requirement be met.

Its the high damage missions that require higher tier tanks. For instance if you need to do 6000 damage with a medium tank ... you will likely need a tier 10 tank to get there.

The worst missions are doing things like destroying a tank by ramming while driving a heavy tank. Given that my preferred tactic is to snipe from long distances ... I thought I'd never finish this one. Fortunately someone saw fit to ram my Churchill 1 tank ... (I was still working up to ramming speed) ...

Edited by whariwharangi, Feb 16 2016 - 20:12.

jarki5 #7 Posted Apr 20 2016 - 12:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 48246 battles
I am confused by the poor descriptions given for the requirements. I was doing TD2 in T55 mission and did 3200 Dmg, need 2k. Did 8 crits, 5 internal modules and 1 crewman. I can only assume you need 2 internal and 2 crew as I did not complete it. This required a LOT of HE at tier 10 then swapping to AP for the extra damage to reach the 2k. If the explanations were a bit clearer it would help us know what was required. Unless they put a mod in to let you know while in-game or better yet, just give you any one you complete without having to select all the time. Like all the fun you have completing missions for no credit and you have to repeat because you are stuck on "set fire to 72 tanks 4 times each while firing a feather duster within 100m"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users