• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

wh1skybarrel #41 Posted Feb 17 2016 - 16:08

Major

• Players
  • 19439 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Postnotperfected, on Feb 17 2016 - 02:21, said:

I didn't even know M--M was a clan till now. i guess spotlight is to show us clans that are not very active in clan events like CW's, CL, or Campaign for that matter. good use of a spotlight i guess.

I believe they've been around for as long as you've been playing the game.  :)

Errants #42 Posted Feb 17 2016 - 17:31

Captain

• Players
  • 43922 battles
  • [JARHD] JARHD

YAY! Go Minions!  I remember my stint in there fondly, learned quite a bit.

View Post_Marine, on Feb 17 2016 - 07:29, said:

Well done Marines Minions!!!

Who do I get to poach now?...

Well, first you need to find a clan to poach into... ^_^

SlyGambit #43 Posted Feb 17 2016 - 17:49

Captain

• Players
  • 25387 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
o7 Minions.  Good spotlight.

_Roller_ #44 Posted Feb 17 2016 - 23:05

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27669 battles
Congrats on the spotlight friends.  I greatly enjoyed my time in Minions and definitely improved as a player there.

Archaic_One #45 Posted Feb 17 2016 - 23:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13872 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

Congrats and well deserved Minions

o7

predavolk #46 Posted Feb 18 2016 - 00:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10160 battles

Thanks everyone!  Don't forget about looting us for gold tonight, and we're also offering another community gold prize over the next week:

http://forum.worldof...r-getting-gold/

Polarbear28 #47 Posted Feb 18 2016 - 00:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 11788 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

I done did somthin'! My excellent training has payed off! 

Mum, get the camera!

GG to MM, well deserved spotlight

firekiller2 #48 Posted Feb 18 2016 - 00:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8150 battles
Congratulations on the spotlight M--M.

Aficionado #49 Posted Feb 18 2016 - 03:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31989 battles
  • [AFAF] AFAF

Good battles M-M. I livestreamed the matches on behalf of Y0L0 tonight.

I wanted to go to McDonald's to get a McDouble but I stayed for strongholds instead and now I'm glad I did!

Edited by Aficionado, Feb 18 2016 - 03:14.

veganzombiez #50 Posted Feb 18 2016 - 03:34

Assistant Producer

• Administrator
  • 14255 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

Thanks to M--M for being Clan Spotlight candidates, and thanks to everyone who came out to watch the stream or play in the Skirmishes.

If you streamed your match with us, PM me a link to the archived stream by 09:00 PT (12:00 ET) Friday morning, Feb 19.

M--M also has their own contest going for more gold!

predavolk #51 Posted Feb 18 2016 - 04:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10160 battles

View PostAficionado, on Feb 17 2016 - 21:14, said:

Good battles M-M. I livestreamed the matches on behalf of Y0L0 tonight.

I wanted to go to McDonald's to get a McDouble but I stayed for strongholds instead and now I'm glad I did!

I think the fights against you guys were some of the most fun we had all night.  Only clan we fought 3x too.  First fight is close, I bounced a gun barrel, but still manage to squeak out a one-shot win.  Only no gold because I'm in the reserve group.  Second game I'm in the main group and again, it's a close fight where if we get off a couple of shots we take the lead.  You did instead and won nicely.  Third game was also fun because it was near the end of the night and we got to bring out our fun tanks.  Only disappointment is that I didn't get to ram anything with my KV-5.  So a big :great: to YOLO and the other clans who we had a lot of fun against.

View Postveganzombiez, on Feb 17 2016 - 21:34, said:

Thanks to M--M for being Clan Spotlight candidates, and thanks to everyone who came out to watch the stream or play in the Skirmishes.

If you streamed your match with us, PM me a link to the archived stream by 09:00 PT (12:00 ET) Friday morning, Feb 19.

Thanks to you and WGing for organizing the event!  The clan had a ton of fun doing it and it was great to get out and fight so many clans in so short a time.  The only downside were the poor teams who only got to fight our reserve B team for no gold.  But at least one of them (see above!) got a second chance at the gold.

You can see the matches here if by chance your clan wasn't streaming them:

http://www.twitch.tv...ming/v/46841202 (I'm the "energetic" caller)

rurickjames #52 Posted Feb 18 2016 - 08:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 38714 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

Put 152mm of pure KV2 luv into Hanz's pooper for me, cuz.....

Thanks lads for keep'n up the good work!

BTW, ya'll still need more Kiwis....

Hanz_Gooblemienhoffen_42 #53 Posted Feb 18 2016 - 16:13

Major

• Players
  • 13705 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

View Postrurickjames, on Feb 18 2016 - 02:50, said:

Put 152mm of pure KV2 luv into Hanz's pooper for me, cuz.....

Thanks lads for keep'n up the good work!

BTW, ya'll still need more Kiwis....

Oh james..

No one puts a 152mm in my pooper like you do...just next time use HE..AP stings a bit.

Thanks to all who came out...and while we attracted a lot of negativity from some...thats part of why MM and the Consortium exists...we are positive tankers who want to make the community a better place.

Everyone complains about their team-mates..but  few want to take the time to help....instead they would rather spread negativity with comments like:

"get gud scrub".

.Unlike those types....we actually take the time to work with people from 0 win 8 reds all the way up to the purples.

MIT will take any skill level, any win 8...attitude is the only qualification. This is where you learn your basics and where you go from red to yellow to green.

BAKED is a great place when you want to get into tourneys and CW...They are an excellent tourney team that regularly wins tourneys. BAKED is continuously evolving as their membership grows.Their standards mimic MM's but they are more focused on playing tourneys and CW, they excel at both.

M--M is for when you've outgrown MIT and are ready to get a bit more "specific training". We ask that you have a 1600 win8 because we have the expectation that you are not still working on the basics like side scraping etc...we are trying to refine that 1600 to 2K+. We have no room for negativity or arrogance..in this place you will have purples playing with reds...we regularly run training and events for MIT. If you like to help..lots of options for your to help.

Honestly..there are many more skilled clans, higher rated, and more active on CW map...but there is no more positive place to learn and enjoy this game. You'll find a ton of  resources here for you to access. There are a lots of people who want to help either through replay reviews, platoons and/or mentoring.

I think one of the reasons we were picked is because of this. We are people who are positive and trying to make this community a better place.

As you can see, even from a pretty benign thread, negativity abounds here, we are the anti-thesis of this...the consortium is a positive place.

Thanks for all the gud fights last night and enjoy that WG booty! ..er...i mean gold.

predavolk #54 Posted Feb 18 2016 - 16:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10160 battles

View PostHanz_Gooblemienhoffen_42, on Feb 18 2016 - 10:13, said:

As you can see, even from a pretty benign thread, negativity abounds here, we are the anti-thesis of this...the consortium is a positive place.

It was nicely explained to us by a third party that the negativity is coming from a specific place that has nothing to do with us directly.  But the point is taken- we are the no-drama-llama clan for a reason.

JJ22 #55 Posted Feb 18 2016 - 17:19

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 9860 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO
Congrats on the spotlight guys o7

Hanz_Gooblemienhoffen_42 #56 Posted Feb 18 2016 - 17:53

Major

• Players
  • 13705 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

View Postpredavolk, on Feb 18 2016 - 10:34, said:

It was nicely explained to us by a third party that the negativity is coming from a specific place that has nothing to do with us directly.  But the point is taken- we are the no-drama-llama clan for a reason.

No doubt,..but one has to ask...why then direct it at those who have nothing to do with it?

There are lots of reasons to be angry and negative in this world...its really a matter of choice how you deal with things in life or this game.

As my little quote below explains, you dont control outside events...ie only your reaction to them.

Largely a matter of choice how you express yourself when frustrated.

You can send a message after game telling someone they "suck", you could offer to help or you could even say nothing and move on.

Your choice.

KP_Wrath #57 Posted Feb 18 2016 - 20:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 31095 battles
  • [SMOK3] SMOK3
They touched on a really interesting point for me, and something that has happened to me before.  If you're emergency services and you are in an executive position within a clan, the other execs have to be ready at a moment's notice to take over what you're doing.  I've been toned to wrecks while doing strongholds out in the middle of nowhere and had to stay on scene for hours, or there was the time I ended up getting thrown into the middle of a massive search OP that lasted a week; when things like that happen, your fellow execs and the amount of power/support they can leverage within the clan are what will decide whether you come back to what you left or a smoldering train wreck of a clan.  

predavolk #58 Posted Feb 18 2016 - 22:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10160 battles
For a long time we had a reserve firefighter as an XO.  The joke was whether this was another "cat in the tree call" or something serious when he was called away.  Fortunately, it was usually cat in the tree.  Even more fortunately for his community, he was there for them when it wasn't.  Tanks is tanks, but real life heroes are just that.

Edited by predavolk, Feb 18 2016 - 22:45.

MajorIssuez #59 Posted Feb 18 2016 - 23:52

Staff sergeant

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 25964 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View Postpredavolk, on Feb 18 2016 - 22:44, said:

For a long time we had a reserve firefighter as an XO.  The joke was whether this was another "cat in the tree call" or something serious when he was called away.  Fortunately, it was usually cat in the tree.  Even more fortunately for his community, he was there for them when it wasn't.  Tanks is tanks, but real life heroes are just that.

You're the commander of MM.  Wow I had no idea here I was thinking you were just a regular old guy who I kept calling by the wrong name  such as "prevadolk" or preva.   Now I know your true identity 

Matross #60 Posted Feb 19 2016 - 00:24

Captain

• Players
  • 28487 battles
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ

Pred's our commander! Please don't poach pred! Who else would I call Bossu then?

Many a time I heard "Ok guys, I'm getting an invite to platoon with some Bulba guys and I want to go head over to say hi and get some games in myself, Matross you call." while doing stronks. Then....... everyone in the stronks channel be like: User has left the channel, User has left the channel, User has left the channel.

I keed I keed (I keed, idk what everyone else would say dou lolz). My minions be like: Matross - Worst caller NA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users