• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Heldar #61 Posted Feb 19 2016 - 03:35

Major

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 28298 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostMajorIssuez, on Feb 18 2016 - 16:52, said:

You're the commander of MM.  Wow I had no idea here I was thinking you were just a regular old guy who I kept calling by the wrong name  such as "prevadolk" or preva.   Now I know your true identity 

Hes a relatively new commander..  i believe he got promoted around..  2-3 months ago?

BernardTim #62 Posted Feb 19 2016 - 07:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 58555 battles
  • [ROGER] ROGER

I took the opportunity to watch the M__M folks in spotlight. It was enjoyable. There were some times early on when I found myself critiquing some of the strats, but I think we all need to understand that Calling a game is difficult under normal conditions. It would be much tougher with a thousand people watching and someone you've never played with (VeganZombies)

All in all I thought you folks showed your metal.. Good job

predavolk #63 Posted Feb 19 2016 - 18:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10160 battles

View PostMajorIssuez, on Feb 18 2016 - 17:52, said:

You're the commander of MM.  Wow I had no idea here I was thinking you were just a regular old guy who I kept calling by the wrong name  such as "prevadolk" or preva.   Now I know your true identity 

Yeah, that's the excuse for my stats.  Too much time leading, not enough time learning. ;)

View PostMatross, on Feb 18 2016 - 18:24, said:

Pred's our commander! Please don't poach pred! Who else would I call Bossu then?

Many a time I heard "Ok guys, I'm getting an invite to platoon with some Bulba guys and I want to go head over to say hi and get some games in myself, Matross you call." while doing stronks. Then....... everyone in the stronks channel be like: User has left the channel, User has left the channel, User has left the channel.

I'm pretty damn sure you're in ZERO danger of BULBA poaching me.  At best I run off to them now and again to learn what really good playing looks like.  A typical session with those guys is usually something like, "Let's go here."  I go, brawl pretty well, and then notice they are 5 squares away wrecking face and pinging for my help.  Really remarkable how well those guys see the game.  It's doubly useful because it humbles me and thus helps me not just learn, but to better teach people who don't have my blue vision of the game.  I also get to hear Major keep calling me preeva ("no, it's just pred"; "OK...let's go one line preeva" ).  Most of the other BULBA guys get it right, although Crab does tend to call me "Areyou[edited]ingserious?!" a lot.  Don't know where he gets that one from. ;)

View PostHeldar, on Feb 18 2016 - 21:35, said:

Hes a relatively new commander..  i believe he got promoted around..  2-3 months ago?

Acting commander since September 2015.  Actual commander since November.  Trust me, it feels like a looong time.

View PostBernardTim, on Feb 19 2016 - 01:48, said:

I took the opportunity to watch the M__M folks in spotlight. It was enjoyable. There were some times early on when I found myself critiquing some of the strats, but I think we all need to understand that Calling a game is difficult under normal conditions. It would be much tougher with a thousand people watching and someone you've never played with (VeganZombies)

Thanks!  And we're happy to accept any comments or critiques.  You can't learn if you don't recognize your mistakes. 

Edited by predavolk, Feb 19 2016 - 18:04.

KP_Wrath #64 Posted Feb 19 2016 - 19:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 32093 battles
  • [SMOK3] SMOK3

View Postpredavolk, on Feb 18 2016 - 21:44, said:

For a long time we had a reserve firefighter as an XO.  The joke was whether this was another "cat in the tree call" or something serious when he was called away.  Fortunately, it was usually cat in the tree.  Even more fortunately for his community, he was there for them when it wasn't.  Tanks is tanks, but real life heroes are just that.

I live in the middle of nowhere, so our call volume is pretty low, my actual organization is a rescue squad, and I'm an extrication tech with specialization in heavy equipment rescue.  During December, we got two calls in two days, which is EXTREMELY rare.  First one, pt left scene because it was in the middle of nowhere and someone offered him a ride, we had a brief search until we figured this out, then I got to go back.  Next night was a bad one and the state police decided we were going to do traffic control until the linemen could fix their part of it, that one turned into a 4 hour ordeal.  Had a SAR mission get toned 1.5 hours into a raid in another game (I command an alliance here and in another game because people really like throwing leadership roles at me), that turned into a massive multi-agency incident that spanned 7 days, had roughly 1000 responders and I heard rumors of 11,000 volunteers.  Yeah, once bad things happen, tanks get the back seat.

Edit: both figures are over the 7 days, not at one time, and not all 11,000 volunteers went into search parties, we had to restrict it to first responders numerous times because the weather and terrain were too dangerous.

Edited by KP_Wrath, Feb 19 2016 - 19:27.

Qyvk #65 Posted Feb 19 2016 - 20:00

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5809 battles
  • [ONII] ONII

View Postnotperfected, on Feb 17 2016 - 08:21, said:

I didn't even know M--M was a clan till now. i guess spotlight is to show us clans that are not very active in clan events like CW's, CL, or Campaign for that matter. good use of a spotlight i guess.

you were in dice

Qyvk #66 Posted Feb 19 2016 - 20:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5809 battles
  • [ONII] ONII

View PostBernardTim, on Feb 19 2016 - 07:48, said:

do you ever play past tier 5?

Matross #67 Posted Feb 19 2016 - 22:02

Captain

• Players
  • 29487 battles
  • [DIMBO] DIMBO

View PostBernardTim, on Feb 19 2016 - 00:48, said:

OOOoooo TILLY~ When I was looking for a clan I was looking at you guys too. Love the "looking for tough people who aren't afraid to don the seal of the Unicorn statement".

I actually played with one of your guys yesterday, good player, nice guy! I have seen platoons of TILLY players tearing it up too =)

Thnx for the kind words! I definitely froze while playing, thinking I'm being watched. Too many brain fart moments (bad decisions) and hesitation got me killed early.

Dareios #68 Posted Feb 23 2016 - 06:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19111 battles

View PostHanz_Gooblemienhoffen_42, on Feb 19 2016 - 01:13, said:

Oh james..

No one puts a 152mm in my pooper like you do...j

hi!

Sgt_King_Gunner #69 Posted Feb 23 2016 - 16:29

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21854 battles
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T
Thank Wargaming for highlighting my colleagues at M--M.

I lucked into picking the Consortium as a place to try out clans. It really is a community of clans with M--M as you can see by the way that Predavolk and others give a shout out here and share their spotlight with us in M-I-T and BAKED.

My son and I have been personally mentored by Matross through a program set up by Hans and others and we've run in inter consortium trournies with predavolk. Just to name a few cross clan interactions we've personally had. I was very glad to see the M--M guys get recognized. They are doing good for the community.

Hanz_Gooblemienhoffen_42 #70 Posted Feb 23 2016 - 17:44

Major

• Players
  • 13767 battles
  • [5LINE] 5LINE

View PostDareios, on Feb 23 2016 - 00:50, said:

hi!

Dare! Where are ya bud? And sadly..even though you've been shooting me in the but since my first eval toon with M--M...you have lost the title!

Come back and get your title back!

muscles1 #71 Posted Feb 29 2016 - 09:24

Captain

• Players
  • 32846 battles
  • [4HIMK] 4HIMK

View PostDareios, on Feb 23 2016 - 05:50, said:

hi!

Hey Dareios:) Been a while eh?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users