World of Tanks: Grind Calculator

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Handiness (31 members have cast votes)

Is the program handy enough to use often or not?

1. Yes, useful for every-day use. (9 votes [29.03%])

Percentage of vote: 29.03%

2. Yes, but only handy for occasional use. (21 votes [67.74%])

Percentage of vote: 67.74%

3. No, it's hardly useful. (1 vote [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

4. No, the program sucks and is nowhere near handy. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

CrabCow #1 Posted Jul 14 2011 - 20:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7746 battles
Heya'! My name is CrabCow. Ignore the oddness of the name, but I'll jump right into what I am sharing today.

I recently entered my Flash 8 Professional program and did a bit of art, got an idea, and then I eventually tore enough hair out at night for a couple nights and made this program I wish to share with you.

It's called the "World of Tanks: Grind Calculator", or also known to me as my "WOT-GC".

This program on a webpage serves the purpose of assisting players in figuring out how much time they must waste to get to the next tank.

This is currently in the preliminary stages of development, but with feedback, comments, and blibbidy-blah-blah nonsensical gibberish, it could be a ton better.

If you do decide to use this program to assist yourself in knowing how much time ya' need, you can expect updates. I plan to make it easier for input, like a list of tanks to choose from, but that'll be a mega-project since there's a ton of tanks in-game and tons being added seemingly every 1-2 weeks.

Post feedback, ideas, or other comments here, or send them to my gamer's e-mail, which can be found in the program, easily marked.

Now all you guys need is the link, here it is!
(I do apologize if this post is incorrectly located, but it's the best area I could find.)
www.fritzthefox.com/wotcalculator.html

Enjoy! Once again, I would LOVE feedback of any, and I mean, ANY kind! http://forum.worldof...le_honoring.gif
And above all, happy tanking, err, grinding!

Punisher_1 #2 Posted Jul 14 2011 - 20:34

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 3479 battles
  • [TB] TB
Great idea, in the past I sat down and tried to figure out how much time / how many battles I was going to have to grind prior to gettng the next ot top tank.

+1 for the effort

knaT_sdrawkcaB #3 Posted Jul 14 2011 - 20:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6740 battles
Gave you a +1 for effort and as appreciation for not having a virus or pop-up when I clicked the link... however, it is not information I would ever look up personally.  I can't understand why someone would give you a -1 for trying to help the community.

I would recommend adding some information on how you came up with your minimum and maximum time required.  I did not quite understand.  

For everyone else...
You enter your experience you are at and the experience you need to get to the next tank.  You enter the time of your average match and also your average experience.  It calculates how many matches it will take to get to the tank and approximately how much time it will take you to get there.

knaT

CrabCow #4 Posted Jul 14 2011 - 20:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7746 battles

View PostPunisher_1, on Jul 14 2011 - 20:34, said:

Great idea, in the past I sat down and tried to figure out how much time / how many battles I was going to have to grind prior to gettng the next ot top tank.

+1 for the effort

Thank you. I hope enough people can start using it so I can get some feedback and it can eventually become a fully-fledged every-day type of tool.

CrabCow #5 Posted Jul 14 2011 - 21:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7746 battles

View PostknaT_sdrawkcaB, on Jul 14 2011 - 20:36, said:

Gave you a +1 for effort and as appreciation for not having a virus or pop-up when I clicked the link... however, it is not information I would ever look up personally.  I can't understand why someone would give you a -1 for trying to help the community.

I would recommend adding some information on how you came up with your minimum and maximum time required.  I did not quite understand.  

For everyone else...
You enter your experience you are at and the experience you need to get to the next tank.  You enter the time of your average match and also your average experience.  It calculates how many matches it will take to get to the tank and approximately how much time it will take you to get there.

knaT

Yeah, I should probably add some way of knowing how it came up with that on the screen itself, but then again, it's only a basic program.

CrabCow #6 Posted Jul 15 2011 - 15:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7746 battles
I feel like bumpin' this thread. As an excuse to do so, I shall say I added a poll with 4 answers. I like the feedback you guys can give, even if it's giving a simple vote or a +/-1 on the post. It tells me what I could program in the future, or what help threads I could make.

KnightCommanderTom #7 Posted Sep 11 2012 - 10:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 3198 battles
+1 for the nice program...

Nearly a -1 cause i found out what my next 18 hours of WoT are going to be if I want the SU-152 (10 minute battles) :P

k9catforce #8 Posted Sep 11 2012 - 23:58

Major

• Players
  • 4802 battles
  • [ANZIO] ANZIO
242 hours until T28 prototype...

HOW THE HELL DO YOU GUYS REACH TIER 10's?

Nisae #9 Posted Sep 12 2012 - 00:00

Major

• Players
  • 15165 battles
I like the site layout.

CrabCow #10 Posted Sep 13 2012 - 04:12

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7746 battles
Just noticed some replies. I appreciate every compliment, and I do wish to note that the calculator is a very rough average. It's very old and I have considered adding a new one at an unknown later date, but I am unsure.

To all that notice 200+ hours to tier 10, hopefully you enjoy the battles. Many spend gold and that many hours, so, tread lightly and win! (Ha... Pun possibly intended!)

Captholt #11 Posted Sep 14 2012 - 00:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12142 battles
  • [53RD] 53RD
2059 hrs to the is-8 wow i need to grind moar