Jump to content


Pro Player Tips: Medium Tanks


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Content_WG #1 Posted Feb 17 2016 - 00:21

    Wargaming America

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 3,238
  • Member since:
    01-17-2011
Need some advice on how to play medium tanks? See what the pros have to say!

Full news text

johnmadara #2 Posted Feb 17 2016 - 00:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 31504 battles
  • 5,903
  • Member since:
    10-09-2011

Speed and DPM are a select few that mediums are good at... they pretty much 2nd best in anything in the game and people wonder why they are OP

 



Joe_Smasher #3 Posted Feb 17 2016 - 00:58

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 24547 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

Oxmathus in E-50M & Morphic in BatChat 25t

 

but movies below the titles are opposite...



Zup77 #4 Posted Feb 17 2016 - 01:07

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 51260 battles
  • 626
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013
Interesting consumable mix. No first aid but instead opts for large repair, auto extinguisher and food. If I have a crew trained for fires I could forgo the fire extinguisher but crews are frequently knocked out during the battle so no first aid kit could be a big disadvantage. Anyone else skip the first aid kit for food?

REDRUM_Inc #5 Posted Feb 17 2016 - 01:24

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 50599 battles
  • 302
  • [GRIMY] GRIMY
  • Member since:
    06-26-2013
I too am surprised about the lack of first aid kit.  I would forgo the auto fire extinguisher for first aid kit of some sort.  But that is just me...

Riptide109 #6 Posted Feb 17 2016 - 01:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 11584 battles
  • 4,036
  • Member since:
    11-11-2013

View PostJoe_Smasher, on Feb 16 2016 - 15:58, said:

Oxmathus in E-50M & Morphic in BatChat 25t

 

but movies below the titles are opposite...

 

Clearly, Illuminati confirmed.

TomatoSauceHero #7 Posted Feb 17 2016 - 01:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 51318 battles
  • 3,421
  • [REBEL] REBEL
  • Member since:
    05-29-2011

View PostContent_WG, on Feb 16 2016 - 18:21, said:

Need some advice on how to play medium tanks? See what the pros have to say!
<a href="http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/pro-guide-medium/">Full news text</a>

fail you got the videos backwards on the page 

 copied from the front they need flopped 

Replays

Oxmathus in E-50M Morphic in BatChat 25t
 

Edited by The_Original_Baddie, Feb 17 2016 - 01:55.


Tezlaw #8 Posted Feb 17 2016 - 04:24

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22426 battles
  • 16
  • [-VETS] -VETS
  • Member since:
    03-01-2014
Love the Pro Players Tips - keep 'em coming!

Oxmathus #9 Posted Feb 17 2016 - 04:42

    Captain

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 23451 battles
  • 1,153
  • [BULBA] BULBA
  • Member since:
    06-10-2011
Wow! What useful tips!!!

thousandenemy #10 Posted Feb 17 2016 - 06:19

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 13043 battles
  • 40
  • Member since:
    03-11-2012

View PostZup77, on Feb 16 2016 - 19:07, said:

Interesting consumable mix. No first aid but instead opts for large repair, auto extinguisher and food. If I have a crew trained for fires I could forgo the fire extinguisher but crews are frequently knocked out during the battle so no first aid kit could be a big disadvantage. Anyone else skip the first aid kit for food?

 

Usually the commander would have Jack of all trade to do this where a crew member loss is less significant and usually the commander isn't the one dying. I guess some people don't like their game ruined by a fire but I know many people that drops the fire extinguisher for food.

lordawesome7 #11 Posted Feb 17 2016 - 08:54

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 26240 battles
  • 1,221
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

View Postthousandenemy, on Feb 17 2016 - 00:19, said:

 

Usually the commander would have Jack of all trade to do this where a crew member loss is less significant and usually the commander isn't the one dying. I guess some people don't like their game ruined by a fire but I know many people that drops the fire extinguisher for food.

 

i drop  for tourney fire extinguisher for food since it almost never happens, but it bites me in the [edited]when it does, but the extra DPM and overall benefits outweigh  the potential downside

lordawesome7 #12 Posted Feb 17 2016 - 08:57

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 26240 battles
  • 1,221
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

View PostOxmathus, on Feb 16 2016 - 22:42, said:

Wow! What useful tips!!!

 

why all repairs for all tier X medium,  the bat-chat for instance wouldn't have much use for repairs compared to snap shot, sixth sense, or camo (or correct me if i'm wrong)

K10kw3rk #13 Posted Feb 17 2016 - 13:11

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19606 battles
  • 38
  • Member since:
    08-28-2012

Sounds like you want us to use all the expensive stuff, go figure. The comment you made about always winning your one on one tank battles with the same tank, Well what are the odds you run into the same tank? You guys released way to many tanks, does MM know what you've done?


 



Dunfalach #14 Posted Feb 17 2016 - 16:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 18757 battles
  • 4,802
  • [S-F] S-F
  • Member since:
    01-07-2012

View PostTang01, on Feb 17 2016 - 07:11, said:

Sounds like you want us to use all the expensive stuff, go figure. The comment you made about always winning your one on one tank battles with the same tank, Well what are the odds you run into the same tank? You guys released way to many tanks, does MM know what you've done?


 

 

At tier X in pubs, the odds are pretty high of running into the same tank, since there's a handful of tanks considered optimal that all the players good enough to actually be competition for him would drive. And in pro play, the tendency to see all the same tank just increases.

 

At lower tiers, you do see more variety, but at tier X the top players are mostly driving whatever tank is most optimal at the time for the class that fits their playstyle.



_AgressivelyPassive_ #15 Posted Feb 17 2016 - 20:39

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20153 battles
  • 186
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    12-13-2013

View PostOxmathus, on Feb 17 2016 - 04:42, said:

Wow! What useful tips!!!

 

Pls b0ss, can I hab de tip Papa Franku

 

:^)



Wild_Fetus #16 Posted Feb 17 2016 - 23:01

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 10738 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    02-02-2015
My better advice, flank and try to spot something, hit, move and hide, hit, flank again, and repeat this... better way to carry games with mediums tanks, and remember... DON'T EAT ENEMY SHELLS FOR NOTHING. :D

stalkervision #17 Posted Feb 17 2016 - 23:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 70547 battles
  • 9,798
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

View Postlordawesome7, on Feb 17 2016 - 02:57, said:

 

why all repairs for all tier X medium,  the bat-chat for instance wouldn't have much use for repairs compared to snap shot, sixth sense, or camo (or correct me if i'm wrong)

 

I agree.

stalkervision #18 Posted Feb 17 2016 - 23:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 70547 battles
  • 9,798
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

View PostContent_WG, on Feb 16 2016 - 18:21, said:

Need some advice on how to play medium tanks? See what the pros have to say!
<a href="http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/pro-guide-medium/">Full news text</a>

 

Depends on the mediums you own IMO..

Agnotology #19 Posted Feb 18 2016 - 00:50

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 34703 battles
  • 583
  • Member since:
    05-26-2011
Food does not give a 10% faster reload, it gives +10 to every crew member, which is generally accepted as a 4.4% reduction in reload, due to the diminishing returns crew training gives as it increases. For example, if a tanks loader at 100% has a 10 second reload, a 50% loader does not provide a 20 second reload. It is more like 13-14 seconds. 

Exau1 #20 Posted Feb 18 2016 - 00:51

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 0 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    02-18-2016
sc




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users