Crippled TeamKilling System

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

BoostBusters #1 Posted Jul 14 2011 - 21:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 1548 battles
so i just played a match on Ruinberg with my Bt-7. i start driving and accidently collide with an allied t57 (btw i took more damage in the collision). then the A-Hole Teamkillz me. after the match i check the message box and it says that i was fined 780 credits for simply damaging him  :angry: BUT HEEEEEE WAS ONLY FINED 560 FOR FRIGGEN KILLING ME :angry: .... herp de derp :Smile-playing:

This Teamkilling System Is all screwed up

BoostBusters #2 Posted Jul 14 2011 - 21:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 1548 battles
BOTTOM LINE=DONT GET FINED 4 COLLISIONZ

Avocet #3 Posted Jul 14 2011 - 21:57

Major

• Players
  • 12943 battles
*sigh*... please re-read the developer notes. Your fine is not equal to what he received. It's about 50%.

So his fine was 1120 or more, and he only received a little over 350 from your fine.

My advice: don't play drag racers and zip around the base as soon as the match starts. Be aware of your surroundings. It's actually pretty easy to avoid most accidental collisions.

Mr_Peabody #4 Posted Jul 14 2011 - 22:19

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 24523 battles
  • [SGLE] SGLE

View PostBoostBusters, on Jul 14 2011 - 21:52, said:

BOTTOM LINE=DONT GET FINED 4 COLLISIONZ

Light tanks driving like idiots deserve to take a shot every once in awhile, just to remind them to be polite. Too many times they go zipping around slamming into folks and then start crying when they hit someone... as if the tank in front of them is supposed to know where they intend to go.

When one of them hits me hard enough to damage my tracks, and doesn't quickly and sincerely apologize, I put a round into their tracks to slow them down a bit. They can think of it as a speeding ticket of sorts, if that makes them feel better.

axlevought #5 Posted Jul 14 2011 - 23:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 11771 battles
  • [KISS] KISS
I've been parked in my KV and a fast moving T-28 hit me.  I took zero damage and he took a lot of damage.  I got fined XP and credits and I'm sure he didn't.  Who ends up looking bad by the numbers is me, but really the player hit me while I was parked.  That's just not right.  I've had similar uneven hits like this. I'll take a small amount of damage compared to the other guy and he's the one hitting me.  What's odd is when the rare rager-noob does this and blames me for not moving out of the way.

I don't shoot them.  That just adds to the problem of getting dinged by the TK system.

Mr_Peabody #6 Posted Jul 15 2011 - 00:07

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 24523 battles
  • [SGLE] SGLE

View Postaxlevought, on Jul 14 2011 - 23:07, said:

... I don't shoot them.  That just adds to the problem of getting dinged by the TK system.

If I understand how it works correctly, the automated TK system bases its flagging on the ratio of friendly damage to damage to enemies. Since I rarely accidentally shoot friendlies, and do a fair amount of damage to enemy tanks, I think I can afford a "corrective shot" every once in awhile. If I ever "turn blue," then I'll have to be more judicious with my attitude adjustments.

johncage #7 Posted Jul 15 2011 - 00:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4015 battles
light tanks have the right of way. all collisions are the heavier vehicle's fault.

Vaderz #8 Posted Jul 15 2011 - 01:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16714 battles

View Postjohncage, on Jul 15 2011 - 00:22, said:

light tanks have the right of way. all collisions are the heavier vehicle's fault.

um... no.

Where did you get that hair brained notion from?

If anything, the slower, less maneuverable vehicles should get right of way, because it's harder for them to move out of your way.

Just follow basic road rules though - if you're going to cut across somebodies line... don't. Be polite and wait for them to move through or go around behind them.

The first thing everyone should do at the start of a match - and I really wish the Dev's would do this by default - is to zoom out a couple of steps so you can see more of what's happening around your vehicle... there would be far fewer collisions then.

...although sometimes it doesn't matter what you do, I had someone run into me last night while I was still parked and hadn't moved the slightest distance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users