Limiting capping when your team is winning

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Enable/disable capping in random (44 members have cast votes)

Would you like to be able to limit capping when your team is winning?

1. Yes (4 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. No (40 votes [90.91%])

Percentage of vote: 90.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Charlie_The_Cat #1 Posted Feb 19 2016 - 22:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14636 battles

In many games, when the team you are playing with  is winning, I see players having the great idea of going and cap out while the rest of the team is trying to play it out.

Besides some missions that requires you to do so, why are you doing it?  Why aren't you playing and trying to actually improve by getting more damage and thus upting your credits and score?  Or, gosh, letting your teamate having fun by hunting down the last enemies?  I know it is one of the game's goal that let you win a match, but in the end, this game is about shooting the other team down and capping is what you do to try to salvage a win when you know you're team is outgunned or losing badly.

I'd very much see the option of capping be changed to let only the losing team (on tank number / hp pool) being able to cap, or enable capping when only half the game time has passed.

Maybe it is just me, but capping - beside being unable to hunt down very elusive scouts - is the most boring aspect of the game.

Cutthroatlemur #2 Posted Feb 19 2016 - 22:26

Major

• Players
  • 19247 battles

No.

No.

No.

Just because you want to farm damage doesn't mean that the other players share your priorities.  

Maybe they are on a capping mission for one of the reward tanks?

Maybe they are in a tank that can't pen anyone but they worked their [edited]off by spotting the enemy team for you and now you want to deny them the reward of their hard-earned cap points?

And without a cap reward as a goal I think battles may stagnate, or at least not move toward the cap circles.  

How do you propose this would work on encounter or assault modes?

If you want to get damage it's up to you to get it before the cap reaches 100%, it's on you buddy.

Edited by Cutthroatlemur, Feb 19 2016 - 22:31.

Kamahl1234 #3 Posted Feb 19 2016 - 22:28

Major

• Players
  • 18393 battles
Why would you want to limit the ability for a more reliable win, and instead push for a risk of a loss?

AcePanzerCommander #4 Posted Feb 19 2016 - 22:29

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23418 battles
  • [R3TRD] R3TRD
this is just flat out stupid.

wh1skybarrel #5 Posted Feb 19 2016 - 22:29

Major

• Players
  • 20331 battles
Bad idea, because too often the team doesn't know when, and when not to, cap....

Edited by wh1skybarrel, Feb 19 2016 - 22:29.

Lothior #6 Posted Feb 19 2016 - 22:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29476 battles
  • [VX9] VX9

Not a good idea.

How many times has someone been on the cap for your team while your teammates hunt down those few remaining enemy tanks and your team ends up losing because they fail to kill them? Or.. what about CAP PRESSURE! Force the enemy to split their focus making even more opportunity for them to make mistakes which your team can capitalize on. Too many other scenarios to mention. 

Brick94 #7 Posted Feb 19 2016 - 22:33

Captain

• Players
  • 42923 battles
What's the matter princess, can't farm damage when your team is capping.  Maybe, if you didn't camp the first half of the game you would farm more damage.

Edited by Brick94, Feb 19 2016 - 22:38.

pmdanie96 #8 Posted Feb 19 2016 - 22:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 41901 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE
Just no.

Nunya_000 #9 Posted Feb 19 2016 - 22:42

Major

• Players
  • 21111 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW
Yeah....NO!

CAttack1 #10 Posted Feb 19 2016 - 22:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24477 battles
  • [RUBLE] RUBLE
No.

Greyhavvk #11 Posted Feb 19 2016 - 22:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9249 battles
  • [I-U-D] I-U-D

View PostLothior, on Feb 19 2016 - 15:32, said:

Not a good idea.

How many times has someone been on the cap for your team while your teammates hunt down those few remaining enemy tanks and your team ends up losing because they fail to kill them? Or.. what about CAP PRESSURE! Force the enemy to split their focus making even more opportunity for them to make mistakes which your team can capitalize on. Too many other scenarios to mention. 

This.

Also, let's not forget that the chat area is there for a reason - interestingly enough, it resides opposite your gaming area from your map - which is EQUALLY important. Good teams - and yes, once in a while, there are good - and even great random compilation of tankers end up on great teams together - communicate well during the game. If someone wants to hunt down the last remaining enemy and farm damage, letting the team know through chat is a great way to positively communicate that. At least the capper can have the option of telling the rest of the team that he's looking for a mission accomplishment. 

The key to it all is to communicate. Again, on 'good' teams, the other tankers respect a request - either capping or hunting. Regardless, try some respect in chat - you might find a new platoon mate in the process.

Cheers~

commander42 #12 Posted Feb 19 2016 - 23:07

Major

• Players
  • 25533 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostG_M_O_F, on Feb 19 2016 - 16:22, said:

In many games, when the team you are playing with  is winning, I see players having the great idea of going and cap out while the rest of the team is trying to play it out.

Besides some missions that requires you to do so, why are you doing it?  Why aren't you playing and trying to actually improve by getting more damage and thus upting your credits and score?  Or, gosh, letting your teamate having fun by hunting down the last enemies?  I know it is one of the game's goal that let you win a match, but in the end, this game is about shooting the other team down and capping is what you do to try to salvage a win when you know you're team is outgunned or losing badly.

I'd very much see the option of capping be changed to let only the losing team (on tank number / hp pool) being able to cap, or enable capping when only half the game time has passed.

Maybe it is just me, but capping - beside being unable to hunt down very elusive scouts - is the most boring aspect of the game.

so your all about farming damage rather then just winning sooner, that is your choice, it is the other players on the team's choice on whether they want to cap or not, when the game is close sometimes the best decision is to cap and by your logic unless they are losing they cant cap, and by that time it may be too late to salvage

Yuri_Doujinshi #13 Posted Feb 19 2016 - 23:12

Major

• Players
  • 23022 battles
No. I would rather hope that my pubbies have good judgement than make the cap off-limits entirely. What if you had just rolled a flank, and you had 13 tanks at their cap while they had 10 at yours? Are you then incapable of capping for the win, since your team is "winning"?

LesterQuaestor #14 Posted Feb 19 2016 - 23:23

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11970 battles

How about a rule that if you are within 30 sec of capping out and leave cap to chase arty, and end up _losing_, then you lose all XP and credits that you have _ever_ earned and are forced to start over with a bare garage and tier 1 tanks?

:angry:

Donward #15 Posted Feb 19 2016 - 23:34

Major

• Players
  • 46957 battles
  • [C-BOO] C-BOO

Learn basic gameplay OP. I'm sick and tired of games being lost by people like you who bleat "NO CAP, KILL ALL" and then promptly get rolled by the remaining enemy tanks or allow the enemy to outcap the team I'm on. When I get the chance to win the game by capping, I'm capping. And I can give two pins for the statpadders trying to gin up their phony make-believe WN8 rating.

A better solution? I'd rather see the XP halved for surviving teammates who allow an inferior numbered enemy to outcap them while they are blithely ignoring the siren and the growing red bar on the screen because they're too busy trying to chase down some light tank or arty in the middle of the field.

(Yes, I know there's no way to model that)

Charlie_The_Cat #16 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 01:15

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14636 battles

So you guys play a F2P to cap in a little circle to win a game instead of actually play the game for what it is - a First Person Shooter - and shoot the other tanks?  

You know there are other games that let you do that and not waste more than 1-2 min per game.

But it's ok... kinda wierd audience that play this game though (or just your bunch that answered are a little wierd) but it must be only me that actually want to shoot at others until the end.

_Rudedog #17 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 01:17

Captain

• Players
  • 35176 battles

No but only cap if you have to, not just to cap, that cheats others from getting damage.

Donward #18 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 01:22

Major

• Players
  • 46957 battles
  • [C-BOO] C-BOO

No. 

The goal is to WIN the match. You WIN the match by either capturing the enemy flag OR destroying the enemy team on Standard and Encounter battles. And on Assault you win by either Defending or Capturing the flag OR destroying the enemy team.

The goal is to win. The goal isn't to farm damage after the match is conclusively over because you're such a terrible player that you need to artificially pad your stats by chasing down the final handful of tanks.

The goal isn't to have a failtard like the OP wander around uselessly trying to click on tanks because LOL it is Free 2 Play.

There are other games out there if you are unable to understand basic, bog standard game rules and gaming mechanics.

Edited by Donward, Feb 20 2016 - 01:23.

TsarCidron #19 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 01:30

Major

• Players
  • 6817 battles
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM

Nope, capping is a win.  In fact, a more efficient if you can pull it off.  8 min for a cap, 9:30 for a kill win.   That's a minute and a half that you could be in another game.  Multiply by oh, 20 games, that extra minute and a half saved can add up to 10 more games that you can win (yes, or lose) that will give you yet more exp.  Me, Give me more games in a given time frame.  Not watching teammates in faster tanks cruise around the map hoping to spot, and kill the last enemy tank that I may or may not be involved in. Heck, and it beats watching the red tank killing off those fast tanks as they are overcome with "I must kill it before the guy beside/behind me does!! "

Just take the win.  Move on.

leeuniverse #20 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 02:04

Major

• Players
  • 35894 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

Totally agree with you.....  Capping should be limited in some form in Random only play.

People that cap unnecessarily are screwing EVERYONE including themselves out of XP, Money, Awards, etc.

It's like having sex and only pleasing yourself and not your partner, but even for yourself it's only temporary and ultimately not rewarding.

You all might as well just be "masturbating" if you like capping so much when it's not needed absolutely for the win.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users