Locked - How Can A Unicum Get 5,515 Points Of Damage And Lose The Game?

Ping Defend Base

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
799 replies to this topic

Yuri_Doujinshi #21 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 10:03

Major

• Players
  • 23029 battles
  • [Y0UJ0] Y0UJ0
So, in your mind, good players are supposed to play the game for you? Whatever happened to "team play" and "individual contribution"?

NeutronRaptor #22 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 10:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29175 battles
Reading everything in this thread and it looks like everyone on the green team messed up including Scor by not returning. You can't really blame just a single person though. Also the enemy team played pretty well compared to yours that no one has mentioned. The IS7 and 113 on their team did ok where as only one of your top tiers did well. Overall it is just another WoT match where bad things happen.

jcurz666 #23 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 10:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20474 battles
  • [B0TS-] B0TS-
Idk derpward you may have a point in there somewhere amongst your shttr ramblings, Scorpiony didnt carry hard enough. He should have done 8k dmg! No! 10k! (and prolly still have lost and prolly still have you whinging). Bad scorp :teethhappy: 

uMadXD #24 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 10:09

Major

• Players
  • 20052 battles

I'm sorry to tell you this, OP but... you're a [edited]moron.

I'd much rather have someone who "throws away the game" after going 5k+ dmg(which is plentiful contribution) than a moron who can't even do 1 shot of damage and telling others how to play.

No one's going to be able to carry you throughout the whole [edited]game. If you think 5k+ dmg isn't sufficient contribution and you expect Scorpiany to carry the garbage team that can't even do as much dmg combined as Scorpiany, then you're just a moron.

Edited by uMadXD, Feb 20 2016 - 10:13.

Abbathor #25 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 10:11

Captain

• Players
  • 16633 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW
The more I am looking at that final score screen the more I am realizing that without Scorp this game would have easily been a 15-0 or so stomp.  When 90% of your team doesnt do more then 2-3 damaging shots you cannot blame one person on that loss.

Donward #26 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 10:17

Major

• Players
  • 46957 battles
  • [C-BOO] C-BOO

View PostAbbathor, on Feb 20 2016 - 00:59, said:

I have to ask, do you expect one person to be all over the map at once? The team is what failed, most of them barely did a shot of damage yourself included. This game was lucky not to be a 15-0 or 15-1 roflstomp, and the only one who really stopped that was scorp

Actually, there were two things of major concern.

On the Arctic zone map, there is the choke point to the south where much of the fight traditionally occurs. This is where the heavies and TDs and high tier tanks normally brawl. This is usually the traditional focus point of the battle too. As I mentioned - and has been proven yet again - my version of the story was correct and we only had a handful of tanks go south. Three, maybe four as I recall. The preponderance went north. 

So did I want the subject of this OP to be "everywhere on the battlefield"? No. He needed to be at only ONE part of the battlefield, the south choke point where - as has been mentioned - the enemy team's Tier X tanks were at.

Mistake 1

Fortunately, when our south flank fell, I pointed out that fact, pinged the map. Typed something like "This is going to be a problem that won't go away". And I shifted from my central positioning on the battlefield and flexed back to base where I set up at the Dragon's Teeth in order to spot the base while the enemy capped. I didn't need the subject to be "everywhere on the battlefield" here either. No. He needed to be in one spot. Returning to defend the base or - at the very least - on the over watch up north where he could farm damage on the enemy base campers.

Mistake 2

Then. When the base did get overrun and the enemy Top Tier X tanks pushed passed the base and slayed me and another Tier 8 defender - like they should have, good for them - and their lower tier tanks capped, I didn't need the subject to be "everywhere on the battlefield" he needed at alongside of us fighting the 46 percent winrate 113 on the enemy team.

Mistake 3

It is curious that you are so quick to make apologies for what is an obvious mistake. Nor, in an imbalanced match like this one where there were - if I'm counting right - 10 Tier 8 tanks, that a person a Tier X is able to farm a lot of damage.

Seriously, you think that it is an impressive feat for a Tier X to farm a bunch of Tier 8 tanks that can't even really pen him, and to only kill two enemy tanks mind you, while ignoring the base, ignoring an open flank and allowing the enemy team to cap out a win?

You are seriously making that argument?

Edited by Donward, Feb 20 2016 - 10:22.

_Xi #27 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 10:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19394 battles

The person who survived the longest, did the most damage, and did his part is blamed for the loss? Yet the other people on the team who didnt' do anything aren't blamed at all? LOL 

Please tell me more. This trash player is what's wrong with the game, he blames the good player for not picking up his slack. As a matter of fact, IMO nobody on his team carried their weight, yet the person who did the most is at fault? [edited]outta here with that bull. Worthless excuse for a player. In a few months when more of the good players leave, realize we will be stuck with players like this who blame the people who do the most on the team.

"Hey 113 you did the most damage, got the most kills, survived the longest, and even though I did 0 damage along with 8 other members of my team, it's your fault we lost. GG scrub."

What type of [edited]is this? Let me say it again. [edited]outta here with that [edited]. I wish I could get my tank and hit you over the head with it. Good day.

Donward #28 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 10:20

Major

• Players
  • 46957 battles
  • [C-BOO] C-BOO

View PostNeutron_Raptor, on Feb 20 2016 - 01:03, said:

Reading everything in this thread and it looks like everyone on the green team messed up including Scor by not returning. You can't really blame just a single person though. Also the enemy team played pretty well compared to yours that no one has mentioned. The IS7 and 113 on their team did ok where as only one of your top tiers did well. Overall it is just another WoT match where bad things happen.

And there is a certain amount of fairness here. I'll admit. I sucked this game. Even though I placed myself in the right position there at the end, there wasn't any way I was soloing against the enemy 113 and - I believe - IS-7. Doesn't matter.

What is important to note is that this was a MM game where there were 10 Tier 8 tanks on our side. The subject was our Tier 10. By not returning to defend the base, he was expecting Tier 8s to face the enemy's Tier 10s  and their accompanying tanks. Read the description that I outlined.

Abbathor #29 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 10:20

Captain

• Players
  • 16633 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostDonward, on Feb 20 2016 - 03:17, said:

On the Arctic zone map, there is the choke point to the south where much of the fight traditionally occurs. This is where the heavies and TDs and high tier tanks normally brawl. This is usually the traditional focus point of the battle too. As I mentioned - and has been proven yet again - my version of the story was correct and we only had a handful of tanks go south. Three, maybe four as I recall. The preponderance went north. 

So did I want the subject of this OP to be "everywhere on the battlefield"? No. He needed to be at only ONE part of the battlefield, the south choke point where - as has been mentioned - the enemy team's Tier X tanks were at.

Mistake 1

Fortunately, when our south flank fell, I pointed out that fact, pinged the map. Typed something like "This is going to be a problem that won't go away". And I shifted from my central positioning on the battlefield and flexed back to base where I set up at the Dragon's Teeth in order to spot the base while the enemy capped. I didn't need the subject to be "everywhere on the battlefield" here either. No. He needed to be in one spot. Returning to defend the base or - at the very least - on the over watch up north where he could farm damage on the enemy base campers.

Mistake 2

Then. When the base did get overrun and the enemy Top Tier X tanks pushed passed the base and slayed me and another Tier 8 defender - like they should have, good for them - and their lower tier tanks capped, I didn't need the subject to be "everywhere on the battlefield" he needed at alongside of us fighting the 46 percent winrate 113 on the enemy team.

Mistake 3

It is curious that you are so quick to make apologies for what is an obvious mistake. Nor, in an imbalanced match like this one where there were - if I'm counting right - 10 Tier 8 tanks, that a person a Tier X is able to farm a lot of damage.

Seriously, you think that it is an impressive feat for a Tier X to farm a bunch of Tier 8 tanks that can't even really pen him, and to only kill two enemy tanks mind you, while ignoring the base, ignoring an open flank and allowing the enemy team to cap out a win?

Apparently it is a feat. The 263 which is better suited to the brawling south then a 113 couldnt even manage more then 600 damage. That team lost because the team as a whole failed. One person no matter what is not going to make up for roughly 8 dead weight players who couldnt pull off more then 1-3 shots of damage.

EDIT: You also have to get out of the mindset that if you are in a heavy you HAVE to go down to the heavy tank brawling area. That mindset is what will lose games if you tank a heavy that is ill suited to be brawling like that. The 113 just so happens to be one of those heavies that should (imo) be played like a medium.

Edited by Abbathor, Feb 20 2016 - 10:25.

kebab6597 #30 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 10:20

Major

• Players
  • 57356 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Scorpiany = 5515 HP damage

14 other members of the team = 7455 damage

OK OP perhaps he could have flexed back and reset but to be honest 1 player cannot be expected to do everything and carry the whole team to victory when the majority of his team play as badly as that team did

TBH if Scorp is guilty of anything its being silly enough to rely on the remainder of his team to at least take their collective heads out of their butts and hit a bloody target

Where is the replay ? it would be interesting to watch from the OPs perspective maybe get an insight into the OPs conclusion as to why they lost

uMadXD #31 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 10:21

Major

• Players
  • 20052 battles

View PostAbbathor, on Feb 20 2016 - 02:20, said:

Apparently it is a feat. The 263 which is better suited to the brawling south then a 113 couldnt even manage more then 600 damage. That team lost because the team as a whole failed. One person no matter what is not going to make up for roughly 8 dead weight players who couldnt pull off more then 1-3 shots of damage.

And the funny thing is one of those 8 dead weight players is blaming the 113.

riyad1974 #32 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 10:22

Captain

• Players
  • 38312 battles

you did 100 damage and complaining about someone who did 5k.... irony that you the one crying about a loss,,, plz go ..............

uMadXD #33 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 10:25

Major

• Players
  • 20052 battles

View Postriyad1974, on Feb 20 2016 - 02:22, said:

you did 100 damage and complaining about someone who did 5k.... irony that you the one crying about a loss,,, plz go ..............

It's just a typical baddie who hates good players. I don't think OP would care if the 113 was a tomato. But nope, just because it's a unicum, he makes the claim that the unicum threw away the game to farm stats.

Edited by uMadXD, Feb 20 2016 - 10:27.

LastWizard #34 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 10:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 8869 battles

[content moderated - insults/inappropriate language]
- Yshoneist

Donward #35 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 10:27

Major

• Players
  • 46957 battles
  • [C-BOO] C-BOO

View Post_MakiseKurisu, on Feb 20 2016 - 01:23, said:

incase you missed point; its subversive analogy about high damage losses in general...

:facepalm:

Indeed. And thanks for pointing that out.

For those who are simply grunting "How can someone who did 5,515 points lose a game?" please, again, read the OP. Read it and visualize the game that I described. I explained in detail how an event can snowball out of control.

And again, remember, this was one of those odd MM games with 10 tier 8 tanks and a pair of Tier Xs on each side. Ten Tier 8s and a number of those are rental Mutz and KR's. So it isn't really any wonder that a person in the top Tier X tank can farm a lot of damage. The importance is WHERE it was farmed.

And as my detractors conveniently ignore, who went to reset the base?

Batlin #36 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 10:28

Major

• Players
  • 41375 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostDonward, on Feb 19 2016 - 23:17, said:

Mistake 1

Mistake 2

Mistake 3

[content moderated - non constructive/personal attack]
- Yshoneist

Donward #37 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 10:30

Major

• Players
  • 46957 battles
  • [C-BOO] C-BOO

View PostuMadXD, on Feb 20 2016 - 01:25, said:

It's just a typical baddie who hates good players. I don't think OP would care if the 113 was a tomato. But nope, just because it's a unicum, he makes the claim that the unicum threw away the game to farm stats.

Actually, what is interesting is that the winning team had a "tomato" who is a 46 winrate player in the exact same tank, a 113 as the subject who was the top player on the enemy team. The difference is that "tomato" played as a teammate with his fellow tankers, and attacked at the key point in the battle, the southern choke point and pushed to cap, and pushed past.

Our unicum, on the other hand, made 3 vital mistakes as mentioned. He farmed damage on a bunch of Tier 8s, only killing two mind you, and was not at the key point of the battle. It is a wonderful example of what can go wrong when you should win.

Donward #38 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 10:32

Major

• Players
  • 46957 battles
  • [C-BOO] C-BOO

View PostBatlin, on Feb 20 2016 - 01:28, said:

By your passive aggressive tone, I take it that you can't justify your clan mate's 3 aforementioned mistakes. Duly noted.

Abbathor #39 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 10:35

Captain

• Players
  • 16633 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostDonward, on Feb 20 2016 - 03:30, said:

Actually, what is interesting is that the winning team had a "tomato" who is a 46 winrate player in the exact same tank, a 113 as the subject who was the top player on the enemy team. The difference is that "tomato" played as a teammate with his fellow tankers, and attacked at the key point in the battle, the southern choke point and pushed to cap, and pushed past.

Our unicum, on the other hand, made 3 vital mistakes as mentioned. He farmed damage on a bunch of Tier 8s, only killing two mind you, and was not at the key point of the battle. It is a wonderful example of what can go wrong when you should win.

Lets also point out that that tomato 113 had a team to actually back him up. Hell those two top tier heavies tanks did more damage then you entire team minus Scorp. This loss was not on the back of one player. This loss is on the back of the members of the team who sucked so bad as to not even get off 3 damaging shots. 

Now would I have gone back to defend base? Yes. I am sorry, but no matter how many players are there defending it I do not trust the average pubbie to actually be able to defend it.

Batlin #40 Posted Feb 20 2016 - 10:35

Major

• Players
  • 41375 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostDonward, on Feb 19 2016 - 23:32, said:

By your passive aggressive tone, I take it that you can't justify your clan mate's 3 aforementioned mistakes. Duly noted.

And doing 150 total damage isn't a horrendous mistake? It's really hard to take your argument seriously when your impact on the enemy team can be summarized by this gif.

Edited by Batlin, Feb 20 2016 - 10:51.

Also tagged with Ping, Defend Base

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users