How to lower weight on your tank ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

LastThingYouSee #1 Posted Jul 15 2011 - 05:55

Private

• Players
  • 5504 battles
Hi everyone ,

I'm having trouble in how to adjust the weight of the tank . I purchased a new module yet a red alert pops up that i should try lowering the weight . I tried lowering the amount of ammo i have loaded onto the tank yet to no success . If anyone has any suggestions that would be great !

Thanks in advance :)

sinistersniper1 #2 Posted Jul 15 2011 - 05:57

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 4811 battles
  • [VP-9] VP-9

View PostLastThingYouSee, on Jul 15 2011 - 05:55, said:

Hi everyone ,

I'm having trouble in how to adjust the weight of the tank . I purchased a new module yet a red alert pops up that i should try lowering the weight . I tried lowering the amount of ammo i have loaded onto the tank yet to no success . If anyone has any suggestions that would be great !

you cant lower your weight per se.  Upgrading your suspension (show in game as tracks) will increase the load limit.  Ammo doesn't weigh anything in this game.

XDerpLordX #3 Posted Jul 15 2011 - 05:58

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 9924 battles
  • [SACK] SACK

View PostLastThingYouSee, on Jul 15 2011 - 05:55, said:

Hi everyone ,

You need to send all your crew to weight watchers.

Well, either that or install the upgraded suspension that increases your tank's weight capacity...

jameshobbs #4 Posted Jul 15 2011 - 06:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11556 battles
Upgrade your suspension\tracks and equip them to increase the load capacity.

One of the few ways I've ever lowered weight on a tank was my IS3 when I changed the turret.

daved12 #5 Posted Jul 15 2011 - 06:08

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17301 battles
Upgrade your suspension

zentraedi #6 Posted Jul 15 2011 - 06:09

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 9472 battles
ARGH! Suspension.......

RitterCuda #7 Posted Jul 15 2011 - 06:12

Major

• Players
  • 16907 battles
  • [ADP] ADP
force your tank to join weight watchers  god (arty) hates fat tanks.... as be posted have to upgrade suspension

Final_Spark #8 Posted Jul 15 2011 - 09:10

Captain

• Special Beta Testers
  • 20840 battles
The obvious has been posted. Still, equipping lighter modules (such as a lighter gun or turret) will reduce weight.

There's not a ton of situations where this would be real useful. I can only see lights and dedicated scouting mediums caring. The reason is the power to weight ratio; the more horsepower per ton, the higher the acceleration. I'm not entirely sure, but I think just having more "unused" weight could help this out, so get the suspension not matter what. (it is the most no-brainer upgrade for every tank)

Also, for better planning of upgrade paths, you can check the characteristics of different modules that you have or have not researched on any tank by looking at its respective research page. Right-click on the module and click Characteristics. It displays the weight as well as other important statistics.

The Characteristics box displays the weight in kilograms, while your tank's weight capacity is displayed in tons. One metric ton is 1,000 kilograms, so I compare a module's weight that will be replaced by another module's weight to see about how much weight will be added. Every hundred kilos is 0.1 tons, so it just takes a bit of math to see if I can equip something without upgrading the suspension.

Usually, you upgrade suspension first, but you can make some tanks more deadly right from the get-go with a better gun unlocked a tier earlier, or if the turret is cheap on the exp (such as the IS I'm working towards; only an 85mm at the start, but if I get the turret I can use the 122mm on my KV-1S and it should work with the weight limit on the base suspension by my estimates).

By the way, a "short ton" (US system), is about 900 kg and the "long tonne" (UK) is a bit over 1,000 kg, so if the game actually uses one of those instead of the metric ton, the estimate should still hold water to a degree. It'll just be a bit inaccurate at times. (however, it's kind of weird to have two measurement systems used at the same time, which is why I assume metric)

moose5122 #9 Posted Jul 15 2011 - 09:42

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3018 battles
Either save the Xp required for the track research OR (Depends if you can) Get the module section. I know the German heavy's can get a "torsion bars" module to overcome this weight restriction (should be about 500,000 or so credits). Did this to my VK4502P, mounted then upgraded gun from the KT on the upgraded turret with the 1 st engine. Never researched the tracks for it on my way to get the maus. Loaded the 12.8 on to it, still no need for the tracks. This does however take a module away from you so, its up to you

MrFriendly #10 Posted Jul 15 2011 - 15:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6070 battles
as everyone has said, you can upgrade your suspension (this is good to make for better load capacity, but it also enhances your speed/manuverability once your engines are installed). there's another option available to most tanks in the components that can be purchased for it too. I forget what that part is called though, but it's there. it should say it increases your load capacity by about 10%.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users