no arty

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

airsoft_man #1 Posted Feb 25 2016 - 21:46

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17839 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
like every one hear I think WG should do this let me know if this is a good idea. they should make it you can only have prem arty or arty should only to buy a 3,000 credit shell. so most people wouldn't play them all the time arty is puke do some thing about it

WhineMaker #2 Posted Feb 25 2016 - 21:49

Major

• Players
  • 38336 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View Postairsoft_man, on Feb 25 2016 - 12:46, said:

like every one hear I think WG should do this let me know if this is a good idea. they should make it you can only have prem arty or arty should only to buy a 3,000 credit shell. so most people wouldn't play them all the time arty is puke do some thing about it

Less WoT, more remedial English. 

airsoft_man #3 Posted Feb 25 2016 - 21:51

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17839 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostClickez4Fun, on Feb 25 2016 - 21:49, said:

Less WoT, more remedial English.

so what u know what I ment

Medessec #4 Posted Feb 25 2016 - 21:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 28112 battles
  • [GNET] GNET

Arty... needs... it's own gamemode.

It doesn't need to be paired alongside the same tanks that have been balanced so well for competitive and coordinated play. Arty is a shambles when paired with the other 4 tank classes- makes absolutely no sense and only results in poor quality gameplay for everyone. I don't care if some arty players enjoy it- the net outcome is more worse than it is good.

If arty was given a PvE gamemode, Arty could still enjoy being as historically inaccurate, non-sensical and ridiculous as it is right now, without being nerfed or changed to try and accommodate normal tank classes. Arty players can still enjoy menial, non-redeeming gameplay equivalent to playing a ripoff of Bejeweled on their iPhone, and normal tank classes don't have an uncontrollable and unreasonable random-event engine class operating outside of their balancing scope. Everyone wins.

Although in theory, if artillery was COMPLETELY removed, the game would undergo a massive change and numerous groups of players would leave, but a lot of high-paying veteran players would likely stick around for a LONG time, and ones that left before would return and do the same.

Arty just has almost nothing going for it. I honestly don't see how anyone can tell me otherwise.

Benjeeh_CA #5 Posted Feb 25 2016 - 21:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30721 battles
  • [DBLTP] DBLTP
If WG removed arty I would be perfectly OK with it as long as i get all the xp credits and gold for camo and crew spent on it back...doubt that'll ever happen

airsoft_man #6 Posted Feb 25 2016 - 22:02

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17839 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostMedessec, on Feb 25 2016 - 21:55, said:

It doesn't need to be paired alongside the same tanks that have been balanced so well for competitive and coordinated play. Arty is a shambles when paired with the other 4 tank classes- makes absolutely no sense and only results in poor quality gameplay for everyone. I don't care if some arty players enjoy it- the net outcome is more worse than it is good.

If arty was given a PvE gamemode, Arty could still enjoy being as historically inaccurate, non-sensical and ridiculous as it is right now, without being nerfed or changed to try and accommodate normal tank classes. Arty players can still enjoy menial, non-redeeming gameplay equivalent to playing a ripoff of Bejeweled on their iPhone, and normal tank classes don't have an uncontrollable and unreasonable random-event engine class operating outside of their balancing scope. Everyone wins.

Although in theory, if artillery was COMPLETELY removed, the game would undergo a massive change and numerous groups of players would leave, but a lot of high-paying veteran players would likely stick around for a LONG time, and ones that left before would return and do the same.

Arty just has almost nothing going for it. I honestly don't see how anyone can tell me otherwise.

gr8 job writing couldn't say it better my self

Sock5 #7 Posted Feb 25 2016 - 22:08

Captain

• Players
  • 14064 battles

Considering that many of my arty shells already cost more than 3k.  No.

Arty is not going away.  It's been nerfed enough, but yet there is still such a disdain for it.  It's part of the game; like premium tanks, gold rounds, and T-22.  Learn to deal with it instead of twiddling your thumbs looking for the cop-out answer.

Colddawg #8 Posted Feb 25 2016 - 22:09

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45846 battles
  • [ICON-] ICON-
I'm actually going to encourage this as a trial.  Let it happen, watch everyone camp as the matches are filled with TDs, or everyone cries that they're getting killed by invisible tanks.

rich73 #9 Posted Feb 25 2016 - 22:12

Major

• Players
  • 56087 battles

View PostMedessec, on Feb 25 2016 - 12:55, said:

Arty is how some people statpad their damage numbers..

Pilgrim_of_many_Pilgrims #10 Posted Feb 25 2016 - 22:15

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24672 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
Sigh!

_PoliticallyIncorrect #11 Posted Feb 25 2016 - 22:20

Captain

• Players
  • 23003 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A
I don't think arty having only premium shells is a good Idea. Some of the bigger SPG guns can get over 10 meter splash with premium rounds. It would keep all the baddies out of arty, but the good/elite players would go ham, and would probably make things worse in the higher tiers. 

Breaking__Wind #12 Posted Feb 25 2016 - 22:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 38338 battles
Next topic please, 25 cents on the way to call someone who gives a F!

ColonelBurtan #13 Posted Feb 25 2016 - 22:28

First lieutenant

• Banned
  • 17432 battles

View PostColddawg, on Feb 25 2016 - 22:09, said:

I'm actually going to encourage this as a trial.  Let it happen, watch everyone camp as the matches are filled with TDs, or everyone cries that they're getting killed by invisible tanks.

Oh, and because arty can totally hit invisible tanks, right? That won't change a thing, we all know arty doesn't shoot at the invisible camo sniping TDs because A. tracers no longer render unless you're looking in close enough proximity AND it's an arty, making it impossible to use tracer hacks/actually legitimately look for their tracer origins and determine where they are and that B. Arty shoots for the easiest (Generally) target it can hit or is looking at which often times ISN'T the biggest threat and also a decent amount of the time might just simply be the highest wn8 player they see on the enemy team and care little as to what tank they're in, their position, and how much of a threat they actually are based on the previous two and will just hold their shot for 8 minutes straight to get a shot on this one person. I've seen it, had it happen to me, and am quite frankly beyond tired of it.

If your team doesn't have anyone spotting, you're screwed regardless of whether or not you have an arty or two.

Walter49 #14 Posted Feb 25 2016 - 22:29

Major

• Players
  • 44294 battles
  • [SG] SG
It's about time someone started a constructive thread about arty:facepalm:

Guest_The_Ultimate_Wargasm_* #15 Posted Feb 25 2016 - 22:31

View PostColddawg, on Feb 25 2016 - 16:09, said:

You insinuate arty discourages camping and encourages dynamic game play.....?

Colddawg #16 Posted Feb 25 2016 - 22:31

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45846 battles
  • [ICON-] ICON-

View PostColonelBurtan, on Feb 25 2016 - 16:28, said:

Oh, and because arty can totally hit invisible tanks, right? That won't change a thing, we all know arty doesn't shoot at the invisible camo sniping TDs because A. tracers no longer render unless you're looking in close enough proximity AND it's an arty, making it impossible to use tracer hacks/actually legitimately look for their tracer origins and determine where they are and that B. Arty shoots for the easiest (Generally) target it can hit or is looking at which often times ISN'T the biggest threat and also a decent amount of the time might just simply be the highest wn8 player they see on the enemy team and care little as to what tank they're in, their position, and how much of a threat they actually are based on the previous two and will just hold their shot for 8 minutes straight to get a shot on this one person. I've seen it, had it happen to me, and am quite frankly beyond tired of it.

If your team doesn't have anyone spotting, you're screwed regardless of whether or not you have an arty or two.

Most arty are xvm snipers who shoot for the loudest whiners on any server.

Colddawg #17 Posted Feb 25 2016 - 22:32

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45846 battles
  • [ICON-] ICON-

View PostThe_Ultimate_Wargasm, on Feb 25 2016 - 16:31, said:

You insinuate arty discourages camping and encourages dynamic game play.....?

Not all the time.

Guest_The_Ultimate_Wargasm_* #18 Posted Feb 25 2016 - 22:33

View PostBreaking__Wind, on Feb 25 2016 - 16:23, said:

Next topic please, 25 cents on the way to call someone who gives a F!

keep it to pay your bus fare to move the hell on....ignore the issue instead of wasting pixels....it's a shame. 

Guest_The_Ultimate_Wargasm_* #19 Posted Feb 25 2016 - 22:34

View PostColddawg, on Feb 25 2016 - 16:32, said:

Not all the time.

how about very rarely? They engage the players lit,  playing dynamically.....QeD Arty discourages dynamic game play....

el_mucho_dingdong #20 Posted Feb 25 2016 - 22:49

Captain

• Players
  • 23380 battles
  • [NCA] NCA
Oh thank God, another anti-arty thread. I have had to wait 7 whole minutes since the last one. Arty is not going anywhere, and no matter how many nerfs or reworks they do to it, whiners will still whine. :arta:

Also tagged with no arty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users