Jump to content


WoT end game is no longer my end game


  • Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Grampy #1 Posted Feb 28 2016 - 01:19

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 24281 battles
  • 869
  • [CS7AO] CS7AO
  • Member since:
    10-28-2010
I think I am done chasing the bigger, better, brighter WoT Holy Grail. I am apparently not cut out for the WoT end game.
If I go into my WoT Service Record, I do pretty good until I get to tier 7-8, and then the stats go to pot. Once I get to tier 8, I have a few tanks that do OK, and a boatload of other tanks that don't do good at all., especially at tiers 8, 9 & 10. And I am tired of losing and doing terrible. Period. End of story.
So - I think it is time to cull a bunch of tanks. (Again) So - sell off everything at tier 7 and above that is not a worthy premium. (EG, keep the Type 59, etc.) or a really good machine that can carry (My AMX 13 75, Panther, T-29, IS-3, etc.)
WarGaming pushes all of us to conform to it's formula, but I don't fit. And I am tired of trying to fit. I would rather be useful and successful, and if that relegates me to inhabiting lower tiers ad infinootie - I am cool with that.
In disgusted mode; sick and tired of being annoyed and discouraged, and ready to make Drastic Decisions. Flame away if it rows your boat, I no longer care. Not going to quit the game, but I am going to play it on my own terms. It's time to play it for fun, not for goals.

Panzerkompanie #2 Posted Feb 28 2016 - 01:29

    Captain

  • Players
  • 31827 battles
  • 1,218
  • [7-BDR] 7-BDR
  • Member since:
    03-23-2011

Good for you. +1 to you my friend. I am sort of in the same boat. I play "ok" until I get to tier 8, then I crash and burn. I have thought about doing what you are doing, but get sucked in thinking "one day, I'll get better and be the high tier player I want to be". Sadly, chances are that I won't.

 

Good luck to you.



Collapsed_Eigenfunction #3 Posted Feb 28 2016 - 01:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 24522 battles
  • 5,166
  • Member since:
    12-06-2011
I can't play below tier 10 anymore, anything else is just too annoying not having 4 perk crews

GAIMER #4 Posted Feb 28 2016 - 01:39

    Captain

  • Players
  • 40158 battles
  • 1,223
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    08-05-2012
I suck in anything below tier 8. :sceptic:

Grampy #5 Posted Feb 28 2016 - 01:49

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 24281 battles
  • 869
  • [CS7AO] CS7AO
  • Member since:
    10-28-2010

Follow-up: Sold my T1101E5 & M103, my T54 Lwt, M43ToldiII, and something else, don't remember, but then went into a game with a tank that I used to like, hadn't played for a while since I was grinding toward a goal, and felt this strange sense of relief. No pressure. No need to grind to the next whatever.

If I did good - good. If not, so what?

Enjoyed it.

Planning to do it again. 

WOOHOO!!!!!



Mage_Epic #6 Posted Feb 28 2016 - 01:58

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 26871 battles
  • 173
  • Member since:
    12-26-2012
Not a knock but why did you have the M103 along with the T110E5?  I figured most people are more than happy to upgrade to the E5 from the M103 and would sell it at first chance.

BinkelBonk #7 Posted Feb 28 2016 - 02:05

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 20684 battles
  • 26
  • [NZ] NZ
  • Member since:
    03-29-2012

Worry not as Tier 10 is not the 'end game'. That title would be more like go to clam wars or league play. There is plenty of great game play at the other tiers. The game mechanics are still the same (the meta is a little different). Just play the game that suits you at the current time. I play with people who have most (if not all) of the 10s and even they find 6-8 tier games the most enjoyable.

 

I have never understood the 'pressure' that players feel to rush head long into 10s as all you get are inexperienced players in top tier matches (hands up those who love a noob platoon of E-100's on your team). I think the approach you are taking is a wise one.



GenPanzer #8 Posted Feb 28 2016 - 02:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 41610 battles
  • 2,869
  • [F--H] F--H
  • Member since:
    08-15-2011

It's a game. Play it as you see fit.

 

Nuff said.



Oicraftian #9 Posted Feb 28 2016 - 02:09

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 3947 battles
  • 340
  • [SAKU] SAKU
  • Member since:
    12-19-2014

View PostGrampy, on Feb 28 2016 - 01:49, said:

Follow-up: Sold my T1101E5 & M103, my T54 Lwt, M43ToldiII, and something else, don't remember, but then went into a game with a tank that I used to like, hadn't played for a while since I was grinding toward a goal, and felt this strange sense of relief. No pressure. No need to grind to the next whatever.

If I did good - good. If not, so what?

Enjoyed it.

Planning to do it again. 

WOOHOO!!!!!

 

Have that feeling every time you play. Don't have it and don't play.

madogthefirst #10 Posted Feb 28 2016 - 02:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 23687 battles
  • 8,557
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
  • Member since:
    12-28-2011
There's an end game?:amazed:

MarshmellowTitanic #11 Posted Feb 28 2016 - 02:10

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 6909 battles
  • 1,268
  • Member since:
    02-06-2015

Spamming my Free tier 8 rentals for all they are worth ... :trollface:

 

11 million credits :coin:

1 > 2 Skill German Crew :izmena:

1> 2 Skill USA Crew:playing:

 

Not spending money on WoT = Priceless !! :medal:



Mikosah #12 Posted Feb 28 2016 - 02:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 17582 battles
  • 4,172
  • Member since:
    01-24-2013
In my experience, tier 9 is the true endgame. Just profitable enough that even without a premium account a half-decent player can break even on expenses, and you essentially get limited MM by default. But there's absolutely no shame in settling for even lower tiers than that. The goal is to play tanks that you want to play, not to grind only for the sake of grinding.

Bl4ckBaron #13 Posted Feb 28 2016 - 02:25

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 86 battles
  • 37
  • [AFRIK] AFRIK
  • Member since:
    02-04-2015

Tier 7 is the Holy Grail of WoT (perfect size of maps 1000 x 1000, wonderful tanks, great games...)

 

Above it is designed to make you feed WG's money hungry monster...:)


Edited by Bl4ckBaron, Feb 28 2016 - 02:26.


nicodeimous #14 Posted Feb 28 2016 - 02:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 30345 battles
  • 2,505
  • [7-BDR] 7-BDR
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011
Over the years I've told a number of people the same thing, play the tanks you want to play.  The end game isn't worth the hassle for most players and usually isn't really all that different from lower tier play especially in pubs.  Gather a group of tanks you like and play them as often as you want.  

Stats are fine to a point,  but when fun leaves and your shying away from the game due to stress the  it's not a game anymore.   And your certainly not getting paid to play so step back relax and run what you want to enjoy yourself.  I found that my playing skill for each tier has been best when I wasn't worried about what others thought or wanted me to do.

Turn chat off too it really helps.

nicodeimous #15 Posted Feb 28 2016 - 02:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 30345 battles
  • 2,505
  • [7-BDR] 7-BDR
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View PostBl4ckBaron, on Feb 27 2016 - 20:25, said:

Tier 7 is the Holy Grail of WoT (perfect size of maps 1000 x 1000, wonderful tanks, great games...)

 

Above it is designed to make you feed WG's money hungry monster...:)

I get the most fun out of my tier 4 to 6 tanks,  some of the 7 through 10s.  The maps are just too small to play reliable vision games at 8 plus and the teams are just too new below 4.  For me at least. 



nicodeimous #16 Posted Feb 28 2016 - 02:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 30345 battles
  • 2,505
  • [7-BDR] 7-BDR
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View Postmadogthefirst, on Feb 27 2016 - 20:10, said:

There's an end game?:amazed:

Structured play would be the end game here,  pub matches are bad from 1 to 10.

 

CW, SH,  SKIRMISH AND EVENTS.



Mudman24 #17 Posted Feb 28 2016 - 02:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 36574 battles
  • 12,162
  • Member since:
    04-06-2012
When I decided to stop the grind the game became much more enjoyable.

Deputy276 #18 Posted Feb 28 2016 - 17:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 19392 battles
  • 5,555
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013

View PostGrampy, on Feb 27 2016 - 18:19, said:

I think I am done chasing the bigger, better, brighter WoT Holy Grail. I am apparently not cut out for the WoT end game.
If I go into my WoT Service Record, I do pretty good until I get to tier 7-8, and then the stats go to pot. Once I get to tier 8, I have a few tanks that do OK, and a boatload of other tanks that don't do good at all., especially at tiers 8, 9 & 10. And I am tired of losing and doing terrible. Period. End of story.
So - I think it is time to cull a bunch of tanks. (Again) So - sell off everything at tier 7 and above that is not a worthy premium. (EG, keep the Type 59, etc.) or a really good machine that can carry (My AMX 13 75, Panther, T-29, IS-3, etc.)
WarGaming pushes all of us to conform to it's formula, but I don't fit. And I am tired of trying to fit. I would rather be useful and successful, and if that relegates me to inhabiting lower tiers ad infinootie - I am cool with that.
In disgusted mode; sick and tired of being annoyed and discouraged, and ready to make Drastic Decisions. Flame away if it rows your boat, I no longer care. Not going to quit the game, but I am going to play it on my own terms. It's time to play it for fun, not for goals.

Your choice friend. Funny, but I have the opposite effect. I actually enjoy playing tier 8 tanks more than any other. Especially the recently re-acquired Super P and the newly acquired (before rentals) M46 KR. Both make a ton of credits for me. However, there are some tier 8 tanks that I have not done well with. The Tiger II is one. I do "okay" in it, but I don't enjoy playing it. And some other tier 8 tanks that I play once and then play the Super P to make up on the credits I lost (T95E2 fits in that mold). My "culling" involved dumping ALL arty and almost all tanks under tier 5. Everyone has their preferences and you have to play what you enjoy. Sounds like that is what you are headed for. Sounds like a good plan. 

 

P.S. You got 3 years on me old timer. Really great to see you playing the game ;)

 



IronBru #19 Posted Feb 28 2016 - 18:42

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18446 battles
  • 623
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011

I said phuck it a long time ago and just go for the fun factor now.

 

Mainly just play in tier 5 and 6 where it doesn't cost me a dime to win.

 

If three or more arty are present, I just move along to another game because my position is that arty ruins the game.

 

Three losses in a row, I just shut down WOT and move on to AW PvE where I only need to worry about 4 windowlickers and can easily carry them.


 

 



Dogsoldier6 #20 Posted Feb 28 2016 - 21:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 59534 battles
  • 2,781
  • [DD-S] DD-S
  • Member since:
    11-17-2011

As others have said here drive what you like and forget about ANY end game.

 

I do the same thing for all the pubbie events/personal campaigns/etc. I ignore them and just drive my tanks. If I win something fine, if I don't I didn't care to start with so no loss.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users