Sense of Balance of Light Tanks

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Dreadshells #21 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 17:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 48489 battles

View Postuberdice, on Mar 01 2016 - 22:18, said:

And the other LTs have an edge on it in sheer maneuverability, because the ELC bleeds speed incredibly quickly on turns and is barely able to reverse.

Speed loss through turns is true. I'm not sure how you think 23km/h reverse speed with a 38.4 hp/ton ratio qualifies as "barely able to reverse" though. Reversing in general of course is much slower than forward. However, that doesn't mean that the ELC is "slow" in reversing compared to other tanks. In fact, I did some double checking and the ELC is faster than the Chaffee and VK 16.02 and all equivalent MM mediums (tier 6) at reversing, both in top speed and hp/ton ratio. Of course, ground resistances are another factor, but still. I don't think that statement by you was accurate. 

uberdice #22 Posted Mar 06 2016 - 23:03

Major

• Players
  • 25397 battles

View PostDreadshells, on Mar 07 2016 - 02:04, said:

Speed loss through turns is true. I'm not sure how you think 23km/h reverse speed with a 38.4 hp/ton ratio qualifies as "barely able to reverse" though. Reversing in general of course is much slower than forward. However, that doesn't mean that the ELC is "slow" in reversing compared to other tanks. In fact, I did some double checking and the ELC is faster than the Chaffee and VK 16.02 and all equivalent MM mediums (tier 6) at reversing, both in top speed and hp/ton ratio. Of course, ground resistances are another factor, but still. I don't think that statement by you was accurate. 

Maybe I'm just spoiled by all my high tier light tanks. ELC is just about the only one below tier 7 that I ever play these days, and even then it barely gets any time outside the garage so I may be misremembering.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users