Jump to content


Domination dead?


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Spartan_Striker #1 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 21:29

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 29430 battles
  • 713
  • [FUSON] FUSON
  • Member since:
    07-24-2015

Me and one other player are the only one's in the que for rampage. Even at the peak of playing time, the max you will ever get is one game of domination/steel hunt every hour or so. I personally want to beat the missions of Domination to get the reward vehicle etc., but besides that the game mode is just fun in general, and a good change from random. So why doesn't anyone play it?

 

My suggestion is to reduce repair cost of tanks when used in rampage mode by a large amount (suggest amounts). This makes it more credit friendly (I mean c'mon, who wants to play one single game, and have to play for 3 tier 10 vehicles??) Obviously those with premium don't have as much a problem with credits, but it would help them make more credits too.

 

Overall I think it would increase the number of players in the que at any given time, thus increasing the amount of games/day. After all, why would wg let an entire game mode go to waste?

 

Hoping to see this implemented.

Any thoughts?


Edited by Spartan_Striker, Mar 02 2016 - 21:30.


Das_Schlippo #2 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 21:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 12391 battles
  • 3,950
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE
  • Member since:
    06-12-2012

View PostSpartan_Striker, on Mar 02 2016 - 15:29, said:

After all, why would wg let an entire game mode go to waste?

Were you around for Historical Battle Mode?  It quickly faded into history.



Ak_Lonewolf #3 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 21:37

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 28192 battles
  • 678
  • Member since:
    08-15-2012

I never got a chance to play a historical battle... I tried but it always expired. I got tired of wasting my time sitting in the que.

 



Colddawg #4 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 21:37

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 45781 battles
  • 3,917
  • [ICON-] ICON-
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010

View PostDas_Schlippo, on Mar 02 2016 - 15:35, said:

Were you around for Historical Battle Mode?  It quickly faded into history.

 

 

This is not historical battles, nor is it anything like Historical Mode.  Domination is quite fun.

 

OP, it's still working time, no one's on, and people like Das_Schlippo have slandered Domination mode without ever playing it because "it's new and scary."



__WARDADDY_ #5 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 21:40

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 32816 battles
  • 2,994
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

View PostSpartan_Striker, on Mar 02 2016 - 13:29, said:

Me and one other player are the only one's in the que for rampage. Even at the peak of playing time, the max you will ever get is one game of domination/steel hunt every hour or so. I personally want to beat the missions of Domination to get the reward vehicle etc., but besides that the game mode is just fun in general, and a good change from random. So why doesn't anyone play it?

 

My suggestion is to reduce repair cost of tanks when used in rampage mode by a large amount (suggest amounts). This makes it more credit friendly (I mean c'mon, who wants to play one single game, and have to play for 3 tier 10 vehicles??) Obviously those with premium don't have as much a problem with credits, but it would help them make more credits too.

 

Overall I think it would increase the number of players in the que at any given time, thus increasing the amount of games/day. After all, why would wg let an entire game mode go to waste?

 

Hoping to see this implemented.

Any thoughts?

Keep on dreaming of getting the reward vehicle. Want happen buddy. On the RU and EU player/ clans cheated to get that tank (What I have heard thru the grapevine that people got banned for doing that) and now its the same scam here on the NA server as well. Look in the top 30 clans on the NA server and I think you will find out that most of them have this tank in their garage because what it looks like they arrange (same scam as on RU/ EU server) the battle before it even begins with the amount of clan players in Que waiting to accommodate the clan player/s to finish their mission.


Edited by __WARDADDY_, Mar 02 2016 - 21:47.


ivankoyanque #6 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 21:42

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 69440 battles
  • 240
  • [8-B1T] 8-B1T
  • Member since:
    01-30-2013

View PostSpartan_Striker, on Mar 02 2016 - 17:29, said:

Me and one other player are the only one's in the que for rampage. Even at the peak of playing time, the max you will ever get is one game of domination/steel hunt every hour or so. I personally want to beat the missions of Domination to get the reward vehicle etc., but besides that the game mode is just fun in general, and a good change from random. So why doesn't anyone play it?

 

Many clans saw that problem and adopted a nice solution, they are counting and entering to battle together. But recently some of those players were suspended and that apparently has discouraged many players to play that mode altogether. Now is even more difficult to do those missions for the T-22. At this rate WG might modify or even erase both mods and give T-22 as a CWs prize or something like that.


Edited by ivankoyanque, Mar 02 2016 - 21:45.


Das_Schlippo #7 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 21:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 12391 battles
  • 3,950
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE
  • Member since:
    06-12-2012

View PostColddawg, on Mar 02 2016 - 15:37, said:

This is not historical battles, nor is it anything like Historical Mode.  Domination is quite fun.

That's all well and good, but it could end up being another example of WG being unable to find the flaws in a game mode and fix them.  The rolled HB out to much fanfare and after people stopped playing it, it just went away.  They never tried to tweak it or fix it, they just dug a hole and buried it.



turk573 #8 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 21:49

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 58626 battles
  • 33
  • [HEMI] HEMI
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011
I have not ever been able to enter domination yet. There never seems to be enough players. Quicky Baby posted a video of clan members cheating on the EU entering in to win the T22.  I think it will go away like the fail Historical Battle mode....

Spartan_Striker #9 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 21:55

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 29430 battles
  • 713
  • [FUSON] FUSON
  • Member since:
    07-24-2015
So essentially what we have is a case of wg putting an apple (t22 med.) in front of us, and putting duck tape on our mouths so we can't eat it...

Spartan_Striker #10 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 21:57

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 29430 battles
  • 713
  • [FUSON] FUSON
  • Member since:
    07-24-2015
So, think of it this way: If there WAS a big reduction in the cost to repair your tier 10 vehicles when you played rampage, would you play it more? (obviously if there were enough played in the que)

rich73 #11 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 22:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 54323 battles
  • 6,488
  • Member since:
    10-17-2011
Somebodys trying to save face by getting this mode going.We have to wait for them to face reality of which there is none in this game.

GeorgePreddy #12 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 22:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 14345 battles
  • 11,213
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013
In its current form, it pretty much sux balz...

__WARDADDY_ #13 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 22:23

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 32816 battles
  • 2,994
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

View PostSpartan_Striker, on Mar 02 2016 - 13:57, said:

So, think of it this way: If there WAS a big reduction in the cost to repair your tier 10 vehicles when you played rampage, would you play it more? (obviously if there were enough played in the que)

 

I have 11 tier 10 tanks in my garage but i will not waist a single minute on something like Domination/ Rampage were I spend a crap load of credits for the repair and the only thing in return are some stupid ribbons you get in your stat sheet.

Another War gaming flop made for the top clans so they can get their toys and all other get the shaft and "PAY THE PIPER"!

Thanks but "NO" thanks war gaming for you kindness giving us new game modes in order that you make money!!!!!



__WARDADDY_ #14 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 22:29

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 32816 battles
  • 2,994
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

View PostSpartan_Striker, on Mar 02 2016 - 13:57, said:

So, think of it this way: If there WAS a big reduction in the cost to repair your tier 10 vehicles when you played rampage, would you play it more? (obviously if there were enough played in the que)

 

That's why war gaming is doing this so you waist your credits and gold and have to purchase more, but a s sad as this sound like Domination/ Rampage {general perspective} is only made for he top clans so they can get their toys and you and me get the shaft and "PAY THE PIPER" because an your own  I wish you the best of luck getting the reward vehicle!

WileECoyote_PhD #15 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 22:58

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 24784 battles
  • 396
  • Member since:
    10-10-2014

View Postturk573, on Mar 02 2016 - 12:49, said:

I have not ever been able to enter domination yet. There never seems to be enough players. 

 

Likewise. After a trying on a few different days, and at what should be peak hours, I never got a game. I no longer try; I'd rather play regular than watch another counter tick up to 5:00.



perimortem #16 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 23:17

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 23120 battles
  • 439
  • [M0B] M0B
  • Member since:
    12-24-2014

View Postturk573, on Mar 02 2016 - 21:49, said:

I have not ever been able to enter domination yet. There never seems to be enough players. Quicky Baby posted a video of clan members cheating on the EU entering in to win the T22.  I think it will go away like the fail Historical Battle mode....

It's not cheating it's exploiting 



Satchel_Charge #17 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 23:20

    Captain

  • Players
  • 3246 battles
  • 1,600
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013
What's domination?

__WARDADDY_ #18 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 23:31

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 32816 battles
  • 2,994
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

View PostSatchel_Charge, on Mar 02 2016 - 15:20, said:

What's domination?

 

Click on the battle mode button on the left center of your game screen it comes up under the options there under the RAMPAGE option.

If you don't know the game look it up on YouTube or on the WOT info pages you can find more out if you like.

 


Edited by __WARDADDY_, Mar 02 2016 - 23:32.


Reaper2_5 #19 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 00:16

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 10662 battles
  • 1,552
  • [HOWDO] HOWDO
  • Member since:
    09-30-2014

View PostColddawg, on Mar 02 2016 - 13:37, said:

 

 

This is not historical battles, nor is it anything like Historical Mode.  Domination is quite fun.

 

OP, it's still working time, no one's on, and people like Das_Schlippo have slandered Domination mode without ever playing it because "it's new and scary."

 

I also hate the mode.  I have played it however.  The mode is nearly dead and there are several reasons.

1.) It's an exclusive club very few can get into.  Yes, I appreciate a mode that only high tier players can get into, but requiring three tier 10 tanks to even have a chance to survive more than 45 seconds a tank is absurd for a game where only a small amount of the population actually owns tier 10 tanks.  (Rentals don't count, non-perked crews, no equipment, and unfamiliar to anyone who doesn't play them)

2.) It's a credit drain for anyone who isn't on par with silver/gold league players or running premium time and silver reserves.  I consider myself to be an average player (yellow/green depending on what stat system you use).  I lose between 90-140k per Domination/Rampage mode game.  If I am losing that much, I can't imagine that many non-unicums make any silver from it, let alone enough profit to make playing the mode worth it.

3.) The mode has received an extremely bad rep from the rigging debacle when it was introduced.  Players are afraid or too disgusted to be associated with the gamemode now.

 

I have dozens of smaller issue with the mode as well, but those three are what I find to be what kills the mode.



__WARDADDY_ #20 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 00:20

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 32816 battles
  • 2,994
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

View PostReaper2_5, on Mar 02 2016 - 16:16, said:

 

I also hate the mode.  I have played it however.  The mode is nearly dead and there are several reasons.

1.) It's an exclusive club very few can get into.  Yes, I appreciate a mode that only high tier players can get into, but requiring three tier 10 tanks to even have a chance to survive more than 45 seconds a tank is absurd for a game where only a small amount of the population actually owns tier 10 tanks.  (Rentals don't count, non-perked crews, no equipment, and unfamiliar to anyone who doesn't play them)

2.) It's a credit drain for anyone who isn't on par with silver/gold league players or running premium time and silver reserves.  I consider myself to be an average player (yellow/green depending on what stat system you use).  I lose between 90-140k per Domination/Rampage mode game.  If I am losing that much, I can't imagine that many non-unicums make any silver from it, let alone enough profit to make playing the mode worth it.

3.) The mode has received an extremely bad rep from the rigging debacle when it was introduced.  Players are afraid or too disgusted to be associated with the gamemode now.

 

I have dozens of smaller issue with the mode as well, but those three are what I find to be what kills the mode.

The game on the RU and EU player/ clans cheated to get that tank (What I have heard thru the grapevine that people got banned for doing that) and now its the same scam here on the NA server as well. Look in the top 30 clans on the NA server and I think you will find out that most of them have this tank in their garage because what it looks like they arrange (same scam as on RU/ EU server) the battle before it even begins with the amount of clan players in Que waiting to accommodate the clan player/s to finish their mission.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users