Some changes I've noticed since I started playing again

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Tex_O7 #1 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 23:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11351 battles
  • [LIMBO] LIMBO

(1) The biggest change I've seen is the dramatically increased accuracy of enemy tanks while I'm on the move,  Not every game, but it happens enough that its really noticeable compared to back when I started, so either WOT has secretly buffed accuracy in some way or there are some aimbots out there that are better and more numerous than there used to be.

(2) Either a higher percentage of players have 6th sense, or there's a 6th sense mod.  I've noticed that a greater percentage of tanks that seem to quickly respond to me even before I shoot. 

(3) I now suck.  A 1100 WN8 since I got back.  Granted, I'm a little rusty and I've stopped low-tier seal clubbing, but long ago, I grinded out my T32 with a 1840 WN8, so I have (or at least had) some clue how to play this game.  I 'm beginning to think that if I'm going to be able to compete on and even playing field, I'm going to have to find some "better" mods than I can find on Aslain's mod pack.

(4) The O-I tier 6 Japanese heavy tank is the most ridiculously OP tank of all time.  It reminds me of the the old days when the PZ-IV had the L70 gun, but at least then that was just one ridiculous thing.  The 0-I's gun out-derps the KV-2 but the armor is also unreal.  I was in a Locust, and I couldn't pen an 0-I in the [edited]with gold.  

(5) I think the # of bots per game has increased. 

(6) The unicums are more unicummy.  Maybe it's just some kind of cheat on the signature and there WN8 stats aren't real, but there seem to be a lot more DEEP purple players with ridiculous win rates.

Anyway, curious to know if longtime players have noticed what I've noticed. 

gpc_4 #2 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 23:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 43301 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
You shouldn't be seeing O-Is if you are in the Locust.

modernwar90 #3 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 23:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13552 battles

1) Depending on when you last played, there was a dispersion change last summer (I think) where now less shots go off to the edges of the aim circle, but they also hit dead center less often.

2) Not sure, maybe because of the female reward crews, they get a free perk and sixth sense is a pretty obvious choice for the commander.

3) The rust wears off. Trust me, came back a month or so ago and I was averaging like 1000 less wn8 than I had when I left

4) Yep, everyone wants it nerfed. Also the jap heavies all have the same weakspots, the turret cheeks and the flat machine gun tumors. The side armor is also flat which makes it really weak (weaker than the rear).

5) Really? I see more bad players in higher tiers due to the rentals, but I almost never see real bots anymore (the ones that drive circles around the base or follow a random player literally the whole match)

6) Yeah the free rentals make for reroll heaven, since they are free for everyone. Have seen A HUGE increase in rerolls lately.

SchnitzeITruck #4 Posted Mar 02 2016 - 23:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 755 battles

View Postgpc_4, on Mar 02 2016 - 23:54, said:

^^^^

How long has it been since you last played? Shot dispersion within the aim circle was buffed a little while ago.

I havnt seen a bot in a while. However bad players are significantly worse than bots and they are everywhere.

Edited by SchnitzeITruck, Mar 02 2016 - 23:59.

Strigonx #5 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 00:07

Major

• Players
  • 38301 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
You shouldn't buy accounts on Ebay, its against the rules

Pipinghot #6 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 00:23

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostMark_it_Zero, on Mar 02 2016 - 17:46, said:

(3) I now suck.  A 1100 WN8 since I got back.  Granted, I'm a little rusty and I've stopped low-tier seal clubbing, but

No "but"s. This one item explains everything on your list, the real difference is you.

Work at re-earning your skill and you will find that all of the other items resolve themselves.

Edited by Pipinghot, Mar 03 2016 - 00:24.

Tex_O7 #7 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 00:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11351 battles
  • [LIMBO] LIMBO

View PostStrigonx, on Mar 02 2016 - 17:07, said:

You shouldn't buy accounts on Ebay, its against the rules

Yeah right... I'd pay money to get an account that hasn't got past tier 8.

As for the bot thing, maybe it's just that there are more tomatoes.... I always assumed reds with over 1K games with 44% W/Rs must be bots.  Seriously, I don't see how a player can be that bad.  If I had a 50% crew, no equipment, and hit rrr and then just shot at everything I saw while moving I could at least get orange.

Strigonx #8 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 00:51

Major

• Players
  • 38301 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostMark_it_Zero, on Mar 02 2016 - 19:38, said:

Yeah right... I'd pay money to get an account that hasn't got past tier 8.

As for the bot thing, maybe it's just that there are more tomatoes.... I always assumed reds with over 1K games with 44% W/Rs must be bots.  Seriously, I don't see how a player can be that bad.  If I had a 50% crew, no equipment, and hit rrr and then just shot at everything I saw while moving I could at least get orange.

You obviously haven't seen these guys

Or these guys...

And this special snowflake

Winston_Wolf_ #9 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 00:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 49490 battles
  • [TEXAS] TEXAS

Mark it Zero, why no clan? The good old days of the JKL mafia are gone. You accepted me into my first clan, Limbo, and I'm forever grateful.

Good to see you back.

I have noticed a change, but I just adapt to the conditions presented on the battle field. I've always had fun playing this game

werecat #10 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 00:54

Captain

• Players
  • 34971 battles
  • [TRULL] TRULL

View Postgpc_4, on Mar 02 2016 - 22:54, said:

This. Also, you probably haven't looked at it's armor model since you've been back then, if you're complaining about not penning the back of an O-I with gold http://tanks.gg/wot/tank/o-i#tab:model

DERP_IN_THE_FACE #11 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 00:59

Major

• Players
  • 33449 battles
  • [FATE] FATE

View PostMark_it_Zero, on Mar 02 2016 - 17:46, said:

(1) The biggest change I've seen is the dramatically increased accuracy of enemy tanks while I'm on the move,  Not every game, but it happens enough that its really noticeable compared to back when I started, so either WOT has secretly buffed accuracy in some way or there are some aimbots out there that are better and more numerous than there used to be.

(2) Either a higher percentage of players have 6th sense, or there's a 6th sense mod.  I've noticed that a greater percentage of tanks that seem to quickly respond to me even before I shoot. 

(3) I now suck.  A 1100 WN8 since I got back.  Granted, I'm a little rusty and I've stopped low-tier seal clubbing, but long ago, I grinded out my T32 with a 1840 WN8, so I have (or at least had) some clue how to play this game.  I 'm beginning to think that if I'm going to be able to compete on and even playing field, I'm going to have to find some "better" mods than I can find on Aslain's mod pack.

(4) The O-I tier 6 Japanese heavy tank is the most ridiculously OP tank of all time.  It reminds me of the the old days when the PZ-IV had the L70 gun, but at least then that was just one ridiculous thing.  The 0-I's gun out-derps the KV-2 but the armor is also unreal.  I was in a Locust, and I couldn't pen an 0-I in the [edited]with gold.  

(5) I think the # of bots per game has increased. 

(6) The unicums are more unicummy.  Maybe it's just some kind of cheat on the signature and there WN8 stats aren't real, but there seem to be a lot more DEEP purple players with ridiculous win rates.

Anyway, curious to know if longtime players have noticed what I've noticed. 

or maybe you put on your tin-foil hat too tightly?

CelticArchangel #12 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 01:01

Captain

• Players
  • 14661 battles

1. They did tweak aim times. Mind you it was reversed somewhat because KV-2s were sniping on the move in some cases.

2. 6th sense has become VERY popular. The modern version of WoT has it built in. Its the first go-to skill for everyone now.

3. Aslain's works. I don't think you're going to find too many things out there that don't clutter up your interface with useless crud. 

4. The O-I is a giant pain in the rear, yes. Just avoid it where possible if your gun can't pen. 

5. WG is cracking down on bots. I'm seeing less these days.... that or the bots are becoming crazy animated. 

6. Its a time thing. People who LOVE the game and have been around for awhile are getting better. Tomatoes are either improving or leaving. The rush to "try" the game is dying down since WoT has been around for awhile. Plus the rerolls since stats are all that matter these days. I think your tomato days should reflect how far you've come and quite frankly... it doesn't matter what other people think. 

CelticArchangel #13 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 01:04

Captain

• Players
  • 14661 battles

View PostStrigonx, on Mar 02 2016 - 18:51, said:

Wow!!!!  Making a career out of infecting pubs and clans. 

I'm not even mad. That's just mind blowing. 

He has GOT to be 10 yo or younger. I refuse to believe that is an adult.

Jolly33 #14 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 01:05

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 44225 battles

View PostGenMM, on Mar 02 2016 - 18:54, said:

Mark it Zero, why no clan? The good old days of the JKL mafia are gone. You accepted me into my first clan, Limbo, and I'm forever grateful.

Good to see you back.

I have noticed a change, but I just adapt to the conditions presented on the battle field. I've always had fun playing this game

GenMM,

Why you slummin' in DHO when BIMBO is still alive and well.  Come on back home dude.

Cheers,

Jolly

Strigonx #15 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 02:52

Major

• Players
  • 38301 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostCelticArchangel, on Mar 02 2016 - 20:04, said:

Wow!!!!  Making a career out of infecting pubs and clans. 

I'm not even mad. That's just mind blowing. 

He has GOT to be 10 yo or younger. I refuse to believe that is an adult.

He's around 50-60 years old and a massive tinfoild nutcase

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users