Choice to play with or without arty

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

CelticArchangel #21 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 17:44

Captain

• Players
  • 14182 battles

View PostShadowy_Ninja, on Mar 03 2016 - 11:41, said:

People like this should be banned from wot.

#REMOVE_ARTY_FROM_THE_GAME

I agree. There's the door. Take care.

Sock5 #22 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 17:46

Captain

• Players
  • 14064 battles

View PostShadowy_Ninja, on Mar 03 2016 - 10:41, said:

People like this should be banned from wot.

#REMOVE_ARTY_FROM_THE_GAME

Why?  He's defending a part of the game.  Like gold rounds.  Like CW 2.0.  Like Japanese heavies.  They are a part of the game.  Suck it up.

Seriously, there is nothing more satisfying as a tanker to have a friendly arty nail that one tank that is holding you or your team back.

el_mucho_dingdong #23 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 17:50

Captain

• Players
  • 23380 battles
  • [NCA] NCA

Someone had their dirty place touched by the big-bad arty again :arta:

Tuna_Helper #24 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 17:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22924 battles
The OP did not say to remove arty just provide an option and consumers like choices. The que times to get in a game without arty will be fine and people that want to play arty or in games with arty that is their choice. If they end up waiting minutes to get dynamic non camping gameplay so be it, at least they will given the choice. If they chose poorly that is the fault of the re tar d that chose to play arty in the first place.

Kekistani #25 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 18:13

Captain

• -Players-
  • 26365 battles
SPGs are the worst class in this game. They're so weak that the only chance of survival for an SPG is to fight their enemies from the base. WG should double the splash radius and penetration of SPGs, and give them more HP.

Edited by Satanam, Mar 03 2016 - 18:14.

65Camino #26 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 18:34

Captain

• Players
  • 33044 battles
  • [2CMBG] 2CMBG
Arty is what arty does. :B I get nuked by arty quite regularly and it drives me nuts. Sometimes I can attribute it to just a moment of inattention where maybe I sat still too long or maybe didn't move to become unspotted soon enough. Other times though, when you are zig-zagging at full speed in a medium and you meet your demise by a one-shot from arty, well those are the times...:angry:

White_Runner #27 Posted Mar 03 2016 - 18:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19706 battles
  • [FMM] FMM

View PostDinotar, on Mar 03 2016 - 16:16, said:

What people need to do is learn the mechanics of the game. Arty is big part of that. Quit camping in open in heavies then crying because arty gets you. Keep your tanks moving so arty misses you and learn the terrain of the maps so you learn where arty has trouble hitting. I agree it is frustrating when I get took out by arty but usually happens when I am not paying attention to where I am at on map and if there is 1 , 2 or more arty in match I am in. If we take out arty what's next TDs. What they need fix Is light tanks and view range. I can out spot some of the  scouts in my KV5 lol view range should be less in heavies and meds so as they have to depend on scouts to spot.

Oooh really [edited]~?
Ive seem one shots from artillery firing guys going at full 60 kph! 
NOPE, ARTY ITS BROKEN!
DEVS ADMITTED IT, SO PLS~

xrays_ #28 Posted Mar 04 2016 - 17:52

Major

• Players
  • 50263 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostTuna_Helper, on Mar 03 2016 - 11:58, said:

The OP did not say to remove arty just provide an option and consumers like choices. The que times to get in a game without arty will be fine and people that want to play arty or in games with arty that is their choice. If they end up waiting minutes to get dynamic non camping gameplay so be it, at least they will given the choice. If they chose poorly that is the fault of the re tar d that chose to play arty in the first place.

The problem isn't providing choices, it's providing choices that break the game and/or alienate the customers. So, if there was an option to play SPG-free, why can't we also have an option to play LT-free, and then how about TD-free, and so on. Eventually there is just one option: Play or don't play. But, we have that already. It's too simple.

Again, as stated so many times before... Artillery is in the game. It's part of the environment. If you don't like it, don't play. Take your time/money elsewhere. That IS your choice. The game developers have the right to make the game any way they want. There will always, always, ALWAYS, be something that a small group of people will complain about in any game, but that doesn't mean it's broken, wrong, or whatever. Some people just don't like certain rules or options, but again, that doesn't mean it's bad for the game. It is a PART of the game, as a whole.

As for my stance on Arty? I am perfectly fine with it in the game as it is now, but welcome changes that might make it more consistent. I can deal with it when I'm in a heavy tank against five SPGs, or not. I also enjoy (yes, enjoy) playing arty. Sure, it's frustrating when you get tagged for most (or all) your health early in a game, but I move on to the next match and try something different. How hard is that?

x.

Dregbag #29 Posted Mar 04 2016 - 21:16

Captain

• Players
  • 37254 battles
right after a choice to play games with out gold ammo

Roburk #30 Posted Mar 04 2016 - 22:35

Captain

• Players
  • 25493 battles
  • [BREON] BREON

View Postnoceum, on Mar 03 2016 - 11:33, said:

Arty was in war a long time before tanks were even thought of. Get over it .

artillery were used against fixed fortifications, structures, and served as anti-personnel weaponry, they weren't used against tanks, it's like arty trying to shoot down planes, they had something for that called flak, they had weaponry against tanks, for example the Germans had the Panzerschreck, tanks were used against tanks, and tank destroyers were the main threat against tanks

Edited by Roburk, Mar 04 2016 - 22:43.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users