Bad Teams

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
150 replies to this topic

Fawlty_Turrets #141 Posted May 29 2017 - 21:06

Private

• -Players-
  • 2422 battles

View PostAMSRocker, on Mar 04 2016 - 19:42, said:

I can deal with the bad players (for the most part) Yes I have had runs where I take 7-15 losses in a row no matter what tank you play... That is frustrating!

What kills me is that your personal win/loss % is directly linked to these players. You do your part and then some but because 12 other pin heads on your team who you wonder if they are even capable of using Velcro shoes fold faster then a lawn chair. Some how that loss is your fault... Really???

That's the kicker, he game records it as "your" loss when six people actively undermined your efforts.

TankFullOfBourbon #142 Posted May 29 2017 - 21:16

Major

• Players
  • 21813 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostNeZiak, on Mar 04 2016 - 19:31, said:

I have been playing WoT on and off for 3 years. I just wanted to start here with a topic of discussion based on terrible players. As you will see after I post this, my forum signature will probably have a lot of you saying, " he is the problem with this game." I am not the problem. It is the players with terrible internet connections and terrible PC and the mindset of "it's just a game." I play to win. I refuse to sit in front of my PC for hours of game play for losses because of the thousands of people who play this game on crap PC and internet connection and don't have the ability to tie there own shoes. I would like to know how the WoT Community feels about the player base and what ideas can be presented to possibly fix this issue. 

You refuse but what can you do about it? Become the President of Belarus so you can implement a law that prevents players with the "wrong" internet connection, pc or mindset to play on your team? GL.

Edited by TankFullOfBourbon, May 29 2017 - 21:16.

Norseman50 #143 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 15:42

Private

• Players
  • 16374 battles

View PostNeZiak, on Mar 04 2016 - 18:31, said:

I have been playing WoT on and off for 3 years. I just wanted to start here with a topic of discussion based on terrible players. As you will see after I post this, my forum signature will probably have a lot of you saying, " he is the problem with this game." I am not the problem. It is the players with terrible internet connections and terrible PC and the mindset of "it's just a game." I play to win. I refuse to sit in front of my PC for hours of game play for losses because of the thousands of people who play this game on crap PC and internet connection and don't have the ability to tie there own shoes. I would like to know how the WoT Community feels about the player base and what ideas can be presented to possibly fix this issue. 

I totally agree with you.  Some of the more irksome activities are players in top tier Heavy tanks that camp in the rear behind SPGs, players in light tanks that camp in the rear and refuse to scout, and players running Medium tanks that don't follow and support the Heavy tanks, but sit in the back and snipe like TDs.

In addition, there seems to be a high percentage of Latin American players who haven't got a clue on game strategy, but cannot learn from game chat due to a basic lack of English language understanding or communication barriers.  Why WoT doesn't provide the LatAms with their own server is a mystery to me, and definitely a detriment to my game enjoyment.  I can't understand their posts, so their in game chat is nothing more than useless spam to me, and I wish WoT would do something about it.

Another problem which I would like to see dealt with is the lack of consequences for players who flagrantly and purposely fire on and damage their own team mates.  I have been playing the game for years and have come to realize it is full of bullies and A-holes.  I can ignore their selfish and rude comments, but it's not fair that they can damage or destroy my tank in battle and continue on their merry ways and just laugh about it.  Reporting them as "unsportsmanlike conduct" appears to have no effect, and once my Blacklist got to 1,000 players, I could not add any more (I use my Blacklist as a tool to warn me away from mean and TK players).

Finally, I would like to see some consequence for the players that constantly run out in the open, one at a time, and suicide at the start, with no regard to their own stats or the results of their team mates.  These are the guys with sub-45% win rates, and who respond with "it's just a game" when asked why they died in the first 15 seconds of gameplay.  There should be some detriment to this type of gameplay because it really hurts the rest of the team's chances in the battle.

SGT_Ronson_1 #144 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 17:23

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 38407 battles
  • [RATP] RATP

View PostRUSS663, on Mar 04 2016 - 19:49, said:

Maybe if enough of the "I'm a good player, the rest of you suck" players ask WG to start a new game section they might listen.  Say a Monthly subscription?  $50.00 U.S. to play?  That way only dedicated, I'm better than the rest can battle it out together.

WG just might go for it.

Russ

that's what ranked battles was supposed to be,   but the window lickers have ruined that as well

I_QQ_4_U #145 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 17:31

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14120 battles
You have to grow up and accept it. Bad players I can live with, players(not bots) that do nothing flabbergast me, why bother even playing if you going to do nothing?

SGT_Ronson_1 #146 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 17:34

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 38407 battles
  • [RATP] RATP

View Postwh1skybarrel, on Mar 04 2016 - 19:41, said:

I play on an 8 year old PC, running Vista with 3GB's of RAM, using a $#*& processor, and suffering from constant in-game micro-freezes.  I can't imagine playing this game on a good computer, it would definitely make it easy mode!

The player-base is what it is, some people are good at games and some people bad.  Just the way it is, same goes for real life.

What people need to do is focus on themselves, instead of worrying about other people.  Relax, you'll live longer!

most of us who learn weak spots and mechanics will still never be dark blue or purple,   so we cannot carry the window lickers like you can,    so it hurts us ALOT,   credits, exp, and the TIME we lose because of them  so scrap players hurt anyone who tries

Edited by SGT_Ronson_1, Sep 24 2017 - 17:46.

SGT_Ronson_1 #147 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 17:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 38407 battles
  • [RATP] RATP

View PostButtknuckle, on Mar 04 2016 - 20:07, said:

So if every player was as skilled as the OP, wouldn't it still be possible to play for hours and only lose?

you must be playing ranked battles

Thornir #148 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 18:58

Major

• Players
  • 26549 battles

View PostR_Razor, on Mar 05 2016 - 23:02, said:

Yeah, I'd like it if people could spell Brazilians correctly too.

​He spelled the way they do...you spelled it the way we do...

ThePigSheFlies #149 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 19:05

Major

• Players
  • 59076 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

pretty bad when this thread is older than some of the players that posted in it...

it's been necro'ed not once, but twice now....

Sylvado #150 Posted Sep 24 2017 - 19:38

Major

• Players
  • 56662 battles
  • [LOAC] LOAC
So people that are not as skilled should not be permitted to play?

Mezurashi #151 Posted Sep 25 2017 - 00:41

• 1975 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
Locking this topic. Since this is a particularly old topic, and times have changed, please create a new one as the past posts no longer reflect the current state of the game.

Also tagged with Bad Teams

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users