Bad Teams

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
150 replies to this topic

diesel__1 #41 Posted Mar 04 2016 - 22:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 8095 battles

View PostAMSRocker, on Mar 04 2016 - 10:42, said:

I can deal with the bad players (for the most part) Yes I have had runs where I take 7-15 losses in a row no matter what tank you play... That is frustrating!

What kills me is that your personal win/loss % is directly linked to these players. You do your part and then some but because 12 other pin heads on your team who you wonder if they are even capable of using Velcro shoes fold faster then a lawn chair. Some how that loss is your fault... Really???

This is where all the other stats are more important that just simply Win Rate.  Win Rate is affected by a small amount by your play, but affected in a greater amount by your team's play.   Sure, we all want to "win" the battle, but many of us "win" by coming out of a loss with phenomenal stats of other kinds. 

RingZero #42 Posted Mar 04 2016 - 23:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 20190 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostRandom__Task, on Mar 04 2016 - 21:03, said:

Because half of them don't even know what the mini map is.

New players have a lot of information thrown at them.  It's hard to get into the habit to check the mini map very often in the very beginning.  It's also equally hard to understand what to do with the information that the mini map is telling them they should do even if they check it often.  This is something that will come with experience in playing the game.

Jryder #43 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 00:55

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 13559 battles

"What I CAN tell you friend, is that the bad players have been here forever. Maybe not the same ones, but they serve the same purpose. None."

What hogwash. If Purples only played Purples, they woudn't be purples anymore. Purples becomes such-in no small part-by killing the so called 'bad' players that you have so much disdain for.

Better players need a regular diet of worse players to pimp their stats.

Worse players need to play against better players in order to improve.

Besides, 'bad' players make up the bulk of the player base. No baddies=no game.

NeZiak #44 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 00:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16436 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

View PostZepherex, on Mar 04 2016 - 18:43, said:

Seems more like you padded your WR with junior tank companies. 

Company Stats
Battles 5230
Victories 3788
Win Rate 72.43%
Average Damage 691.71
Average Kills 0.85
Average Spots 0.58
Hit Ratio 63%
Survival Rate 57.06%
Average Exp. 589

This post is not about me. Let's keep it on topic. Yes, I played Medium and Absolute Tank Company battles. 

NeZiak #45 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 01:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16436 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

View PostFlarvin, on Mar 04 2016 - 19:29, said:

^this.

I have no problem with any player not breaking ToS. All multiplayer games I have played had players of various skill level. 

You don't agree that pubs are cancerous??

SpitYoYoMafia #46 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 01:22

Major

• Players
  • 17789 battles
If it doesn't have at least 1600 WN8 I don't trust it

Flarvin #47 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 03:37

Major

• Players
  • 46930 battles

View PostNeZiak, on Mar 04 2016 - 19:00, said:

You don't agree that pubs are cancerous??

No. Why would I think that?

If I thought pubs were cancerous, I would not play. 

I don't care the skill level of the player, as long as they follow the rules. 

AMSRocker #48 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 08:21

Major

• Players
  • 35965 battles
  • [SPRAY] SPRAY

View PostGitsome, on Mar 04 2016 - 12:35, said:

And why is it soooooo hard for these randoms to read the mini map? It's not rocket science, your team are green marks, their team are red marks. If you see no red marks near your 12 green marks, maybe move to the other side of map where the 12 red marks are. So frustrating.

You mean the mini map is not just screen art????

AMSRocker #49 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 08:23

Major

• Players
  • 35965 battles
  • [SPRAY] SPRAY

View Postdiesel__1, on Mar 04 2016 - 13:04, said:

This is where all the other stats are more important that just simply Win Rate.  Win Rate is affected by a small amount by your play, but affected in a greater amount by your team's play.   Sure, we all want to "win" the battle, but many of us "win" by coming out of a loss with phenomenal stats of other kinds. 

The only trouble is you can lose your tail in credits just trying to give a respectable showing.

I guess that is why I play my premium tanks more times then not.

GS_G3K #50 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 10:34

Major

• Players
  • 19642 battles
  • [RELSH] RELSH

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Mar 04 2016 - 13:25, said:

Brasilians are generally kind, generous and fun-loving people.

Hahahahahahahahaha

You obviously haven't met the ones who play WoT - such cancer.

I have BR friends from other games and they are fun to play with, but it seems like all the ones I meet on WoT are just cancerous terribads who want to do nothing more than troll and throw games.

Viserion_Dies #51 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 12:11

Major

• Players
  • 30183 battles
  • [FADED] FADED

I haven't played the past few days much

yesterday I tried. promptly shut the game off after a series of idiotic teams

my time is better spent on anything else

TankFullOfBourbon #52 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 14:31

Major

• Players
  • 21813 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostNeZiak, on Mar 04 2016 - 19:31, said:

I have been playing WoT on and off for 3 years. I just wanted to start here with a topic of discussion based on terrible players. As you will see after I post this, my forum signature will probably have a lot of you saying, " he is the problem with this game." I am not the problem. It is the players with terrible internet connections and terrible PC and the mindset of "it's just a game." I play to win. I refuse to sit in front of my PC for hours of game play for losses because of the thousands of people who play this game on crap PC and internet connection and don't have the ability to tie there own shoes. I would like to know how the WoT Community feels about the player base and what ideas can be presented to possibly fix this issue. 

Thanks for sharing. I am like you, I also play to win. I have invested too much time in this game just to accept to be a useless player. But...

It's a free world, and you will have to accept it. If you had your way with everything you think is important, this would be a very boring and one-sided horrible place to live in. Just think about it for a minute. In silence.

diesel__1 #53 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 17:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 8095 battles

View PostTankFullOfBourbon, on Mar 05 2016 - 05:31, said:

Thanks for sharing. I am like you, I also play to win. I have invested too much time in this game just to accept to be a useless player. But...

I have to ask, why do you think a player would be useless according to their win rate?  I would look at Wn8 way before their win rate to judge on their skill.   A player can be carried more than they should be and have a decent win rate and a player can do more in a battle than every one else and have a not so decent win rate.  I'd rather be the latter.

For myself, I don't worry about the win of a battle I've entered.  I do my best and want to see all my other stats improve.  That tells me I"M getting better and hopefully in the long run.......in a small way improve my win rate.    I believe that if less emphasis is put on win rate, there would be a lot less complaining about a lot of things in this game and a lot more players just concentrating on their game play.

TankFullOfBourbon #54 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 17:53

Major

• Players
  • 21813 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View Postdiesel__1, on Mar 05 2016 - 17:22, said:

I have to ask, why do you think a player would be useless according to their win rate?  I would look at Wn8 way before their win rate to judge on their skill.   A player can be carried more than they should be and have a decent win rate and a player can do more in a battle than every one else and have a not so decent win rate.  I'd rather be the latter.

For myself, I don't worry about the win of a battle I've entered.  I do my best and want to see all my other stats improve.  That tells me I"M getting better and hopefully in the long run.......in a small way improve my win rate.    I believe that if less emphasis is put on win rate, there would be a lot less complaining about a lot of things in this game and a lot more players just concentrating on their game play.

I don't know exactly how you read into my post that I think that a player is useless according to his win rate? A useless player is a bad player who doesn't care about the fact that he is a useless player, who doesn't want to become better. There are many players who are bad but who care about win rate and WN8, but I wouldn't call them useless as they at least are trying.

But I believe win rate is a better judge than WN8. This game is about the team winning and not your personal performance. It's what you do to make the team win that matters. I am not saying WN8 is bad, useless or not to be vectored in, but over 10000 games or more the win rate is a fair indicator of your impact on the team you've been playing on.

ESX #55 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 18:57

Captain

• Players
  • 25299 battles

View PostNeZiak, on Mar 04 2016 - 18:31, said:

I have been playing WoT on and off for 3 years. I just wanted to start here with a topic of discussion based on terrible players. As you will see after I post this, my forum signature will probably have a lot of you saying, " he is the problem with this game." I am not the problem. It is the players with terrible internet connections and terrible PC and the mindset of "it's just a game." I play to win. I refuse to sit in front of my PC for hours of game play for losses because of the thousands of people who play this game on crap PC and internet connection and don't have the ability to tie there own shoes. I would like to know how the WoT Community feels about the player base and what ideas can be presented to possibly fix this issue. 

Actually if everyone had a better pc and cared about the game, your chances of winning would be exactly the same.  Or did you think these types of improvements would only effect your team and not the enemy?

Edited by ESX, Mar 05 2016 - 18:57.

Flarvin #56 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 19:07

Major

• Players
  • 46930 battles

View PostESX, on Mar 05 2016 - 12:57, said:

Actually if everyone had a better pc and cared about the game, your chances of winning would be exactly the same.  Or did you think these types of improvements would only effect your team and not the enemy?

Actually his chance of winning should go down. 

An increase in average performance of the playerbase would reduce his in relation. So being a worse player in comparison of the playerbase would cause him to drag down his team win chances in comparison to the current playerbase. 

Satchel_Charge #57 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 19:18

Captain

• Players
  • 3230 battles
  • [GUNS6] GUNS6
You - Losing and having fun.

Me - Winning and having fun.

So your version and my version of fun are different, but we are both playing for fun.

And without you around having your kinda fun, I would be less likely to have mine.

So I LOVE that you just play for fun! It's win win for both of us.

PrinzEugen85 #58 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 19:25

Captain

• Players
  • 31500 battles
  • [CANIS] CANIS
I'm surprised that nobody mentioned the map design being dumbed down for tomatos by removing any element of sniping, ambush, or anything else than "IS3 DRIVE HERE OLOL"

NeZiak #59 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 21:12

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16436 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

View PostSatchel_Charge, on Mar 05 2016 - 18:18, said:

You - Losing and having fun.

Me - Winning and having fun.

So your version and my version of fun are different, but we are both playing for fun.

And without you around having your kinda fun, I would be less likely to have mine.

So I LOVE that you just play for fun! It's win win for both of us.

I don't know anyone that likes losses consecutively. I am very competitive. If anyone is playing WoT for "just fun" and not to be competitive, and give every effort to win, the person should think about all there time spent losing and want to become a better player. I have fun when I play smart and make good decisions that turn a possible loss into a victory. That is fun for me.

I am around having my kind of fun killing you in battle. :justwait:

kriegspiel57 #60 Posted Mar 05 2016 - 21:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29019 battles

View PostScrublet, on Mar 04 2016 - 12:37, said:

wow, keep being a tryhard padder, I play for fun and will continue to do so, I enjoy my 45% win rate

I enjoy and am extremely proud my 46% win rate beat  W G Gold tournament leader!

Also tagged with Bad Teams

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users